how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???

Hi

How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???

Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'.

If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted
items' .

Or am I wrong.

Peter
0
Peter

Peter,

I think that you can go to options and st teh setting
there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all
deleted items as read". I don't know the version of
Outlook you are woking in but it should be there.

Hoop jy kom reg!!

Marais van Zyl

0
anonymous (74722)
1/15/2004 3:28:32 PM
Hi

Klinkt als Zuid Afrikaans :)
Maar veder maar in Engels voor de rest.

I've looked through the options (Outlook 2003) but couldn't find it.
(pff there are alot)

I will look further.

Peter

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:28:32 -0800, "Marais van Zyl"

>Peter,
>
>I think that you can go to options and st teh setting
>there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all
>deleted items as read". I don't know the version of
>Outlook you are woking in but it should be there.
>
>Hoop jy kom reg!!
>
>Marais van Zyl

0
Peter

Want to send email from Draft folder
how do I do this or what is the alternative? You double click on it and then click Send. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "goldfish" <goldfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007C88E2-D34B-476F-AA0B-DF168AE1F648@microsoft.com... > how do I do this or what is the alternative? Open the message(required), then click Send to place the message in the = Outbox folder - Click Send/Receive to send the message (required unless you have WLM = configured to send automatically) -- ....winston ms-m...

Re: MOVE (rather than copy) sent items
Thinking more about it, can I do a rule to copy sent items NOT containing a specific word in the TO field? John "John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message news:... > Hallo Diane, many thanks for the response. I have autoarchive set to > clean out items older than 1 day and to permanently delete them, but > nothing happens. The copy rule works fine: I just wanted to do this with > some sensitive mail and let the rest go to the sent folder for manual > filing I guess I could do a rule to copy everything else to, for example, > a mi...

Have duplicate "Personal Folders". Afriad to delete 1-may delete b
Outlok 2003(pro) - just had to do a re-install of operating system and all programs. Windows XP Home. - I now have duplicate personal folders each with "contacts" (and everything else).. When I create a new e-mail message, and click on the To: it shows nothing in contacts -BUT- when I click on the drop down list next to the word [contacts] list, a 2nd [contacts] (looks identical) shows up and when I click on it, there is my list of all of my contacts. HELP ME PLEASE. The two [Personal Folders] listsing, one has a different icon to the left of it. One h...

recipient policy/ not deleting old email
Hi all, I have been testing a 30 day email retention policy on exchange 2003 sp2, for Oultook 2003 inbox, sent items and deleted items folders. All test mailboxes are being processed but not all mail past the 30 day limit is being deleted. The biggest problem seems to be with removing old deleted items. We migrated email from groupwise to exchange a few months ago. Don't know if this is related. Thanks. Because of the migration, and other factors, the message dates for items might be different than you expect. Message age limit properties that are used by mailbox manag...

change field number automatically when printing
We have a form in Excel, it is only one page, but we need a number on the right top corner of the sheet that changes automatically evey time we print the form Is there any way to do this Thank you You could use a Workbook BeforePrint macro that do that, assume the number is in cell G1 Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 End Sub -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sponder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

RMS Store Ops should have a Related Items Tab in Item properties
RMS Store Ops 1.3 There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with your webstore. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busine...

Deleting Public Folders
We have Exchange 2000 and have a public folder setup by a user that is no longer with the company. He was the only one with owner permissions on this folder so he is the only one that would have been allowed to delete it. How do we delete it out of the exchange server? Thanks. did you try logging in using the exchange system manager and changing the permissions or deleting it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/...

Delete PJOURNAL Sql job
We just moved databases (backup/restore) from a Sql2000 to a Sql2005 server. Do you recommend that the PJOURNAL delete jobs that normally get created during installs, get created manually on this new server? Absolutely, may be not at the same frequency though. If you fail to address this, this table and will grow out of control in size. If you dont posting will slow down. "MES" wrote: > We just moved databases (backup/restore) from a Sql2000 to a Sql2005 server. > Do you recommend that the PJOURNAL delete jobs that normally get created > during installs, get created...

I keep getting an error message when I try to send an email.
Please help...recently changed from MAC Entourage to Windows Outlook. I cannot send emails but can receive with no problem. I checked with local provider and said it's not their problem as I am set up correctly with POP and SMTP servers. Here is the message I keep receiving: Task 'mail.adelphia.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Any suggestions? Thanks! "prb...

how do i use my yahoo email with outlook?
i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:43:36 -0800, nichole123 <nichole123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an >email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address first, have you paid for a yahoo pop account? you can SEND e-mail from your yahoo e-mail address but you can't RECEIVE yahoo e-mail from that account without paying yahoo for that. second, the POP (inbound) server ...

Find objects referencing deleted columns
Is there a script or tool that can return all views and stored procedures that reference columns that have been deleted or renamed? SoccerFan@community.nospan (SoccerFancommunitynospan@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is there a script or tool that can return all views and stored procedures > that reference columns that have been deleted or renamed? The dependency information in SQL Server is not very reliable, and if you have already dropped the target object/columns, it is even worse. You can do: SELECT 'EXEC sp_refreshview ' + quotename(s.name) + ...

Re: CListViewCtrl and variable sub-item colours.
Hi All I have a CListViewCtrl using the report mode style. I wish to vary the background colours of some sub-items. Some will be displayed normal, others on a mild green background, others on a mild red background. Any ideas or examples on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Did you get an answer for this yet? The easiest way to make minor changes to controls like a list control, is to implement the "custom draw" feature (note: not owner draw, which is more complicated). See http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/lvcustomdraw.asp Regards, Mike "Larry...

worksflow sending email to multiple external addresses not possibl
We have a case form on which both the client account (standard entitiy) as well as the responsible vendor account (a custom entity) are linked. When a case is generated, we want the case to be sent to the vendor automatically, using workflow. When creating the workflow to send the e-mail, it does not seem possible to select an e-mail address associated with the vendor (custom entity); only the 'regular' LOGICAL USER/ACCOUNT/CONTACT etc are selectable. Am I missing something here? Grateful, Henri You are not missing anything. You are severaly limited in who you can send to. ...

one key adding email account to Blocked sender list
Hi, Can any one tell me how to set an email account to the "Blocked Senders List" with a hot key rather then the right mouse-junk mail-add sender to blocked process? I don't want to do a lot of 'mousing-around', just set the msg sender onto the block sender list quickly and move on. Thanks, Hal ...

Transfer HTML emails to computer automaticly?
How do you make Outlook automaticly move the "Inbox on MSN" e-mails into the regular Inbox, with the rest of my e-mails? You can't - you must move them manually. Rules do not work with MSN accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Dyan asked: | How do you make Outlook automaticly move the "Inbox on MSN" e-mails | into the regular Inbox, with the rest of my e-mails? ...

CRM 3.0 / Blackberry Email Tracking
We are looking for a solution to allow Blackberry / CRM 3.0 users track emails sent from thier Blackberry, similiar to the "Track in Crm" functionality available in the Outlook CRM Add-In. The 10digits product does not track email activity. I would think someone out there has needed this functionality on Blackberry w / CRM 3.0 Marty If Tendigit doesn't have the capability to do this, it maybe pretty difficult. They are the primary add-on for Blackberry and MSCRM 3.0. Did Tendigit say anything about their future plan tolsupport this feature? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http:/...

Sending email from Outlook 2002
Hi, One of my users is sending a email but it sends it twice. It happends not all the time. Did somebody heard from it?? With kind regards, danny ...

check external email accounts
How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on sbs2003? You will need a POP client such as Outlook Express or Outlook 2002 and above can provide this function for additional accounts. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Diana" <diana@ezstore.com> wrote in message news:017101c3d6ed$2a5ce4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on > sbs2003? ...

Getting rid of duplicate emails
Outlook 2002 (XP): I have emails coming from several courts and often there are duplicates (subject lines is always the same). Is there any way to search for and delete duplicate emails. I use the Rules Wizard to sort them somewhat, but cannot figure out how to eliminate those pesky duplicates. Is there a utility or 3rd party software? Or perhaps Rules Wizard can and I just have not figured out how yet. Thanks for any help. Sharon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a utility or 3rd party > software? Plenty. Here's one: http://www.sperrysoftware.c...

Programs to open links in Email
Hi I have this problem with Outlook. When I click on a link in an email I get the Following message Nvidia Windows 2000/XP display Drivers (install shield and setup) Antivirus software running, please select no, Disable the software, then restrat setup Otherwise click yes to continue. Whether I click yes or no does not matter as the link does not work. The big thing is are even if i nstall the software it does not help.I am using an ATI 9600 All in Wonder Video Card not an NVIDIA software or video card and have not used one for months William komar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Format text for "mark my comments with..."
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. ...

Is there a difference between "delete" and "delete []"?
I am dynamically creating a string: LPTSTR pszMyStr = new TCHAR[_MAX_PATH]; When it's time to delete it, should I use: delete [] pszMyStr; OR delete pszMyStr; Thanks! You should use delete [] pszMyStr; In general if the memory is new'd as an array, it should be delete'd as an array. The brackets tell delete that the pointer is to an array and not just a pointer to a object. I'm sure that there are others that can explain the differences with a little more detail :) HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to rep...

email forwarding #3
One exchange 2003 and one sendmail, both hold "email.com" domain both user "aa" and "bb" have account in exchange and sendmail, i.e. aa@email.com & bb@email.com. When "aa" using OWA send email to "bb", "bb" can receive it in exchange, but how can bb receive this mail in sendmail? Thanks Do you want both servers to have a copy of the mail? In Active Directory Users and Computers you can activate an external e-mail address for the user by editing the properties on the Exchange General tab, Delivery Options. But this implies that...

Ref: teach me how to send friends email
how do i send email? You type out the email and then hit the Send button making sure that you profile is set up correctly in advance in you mail client Failing the above , read the following http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect <jim.cooke@cox.net> wrote in message news:O2Y8B7s7KHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how do i send email? <jim.cooke@cox.net> wrote in message news:O2Y8B7...

How to read contents of html table with .net?
I have a need to read the contents of an html table on a remote web page into a variable. I guess this is called screen scraping but not sure. I'm not sure where to start or what the best practices are to accomplish this. For instance; I have a healthcare app that need to check a gov't we page for a user's license no# periodically. There is no login and I can put the user info in the request URL no problem but not sure how to read the response data in the tables. What is the namespace and class(s) I should be looking at? Nothing jumped out at me under System.Web. Thank...