How to make my email address in my signature block a mail hyperlink?

Why can't I make my email address in my signature block of my Outlook 2000
appear as a hyperlink? In other words, it looks like my email addy but when
someone clicks on it I want it to bring up the new mail message window with
my email address already filled in.

0
Spin (165)

Try prefixing yer address with mailto:  as in mailto:spin@spin.com

That seems to works even in OL's plain text mode.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:09:28 +0100, "DL"
<david.littleboy@DONTBUGMEpgen.net> wrote:

>Yr email address is allready contained in any mail you send,ie 'reply', why
>would you want to add it again?
>David
>
>"Spin" <spin@spin.com> wrote in message
>> Why can't I make my email address in my signature block of my Outlook 2000
>> appear as a hyperlink? In other words, it looks like my email addy but
>when
>> someone clicks on it I want it to bring up the new mail message window
>with
>> my email address already filled in.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Reply address
I have a client with Exchange 2003. Although all users (Outlook) have their own mailboxes (user@company.com), all email is handled through generic company distribution lists (accounts@company.com), which ensures that more than one user receives each email. If users send out email, the default reply address needs to be set to the address of the distribution list. This needs to be done automatically, and not by using the options for each mail message. Can this be done, and if so, HOW? See if you can find something useful at http://www.ivasoft.biz/ http://www.slipstick.com/ Peter Downes wro...

Transposing addresses
I have a s/sheet with 1,000 addresses, all in column A, most over 4 lines, some over 5. Is there an 'easy' way of converting each of these address blocks into a single row, with each line in it's own column? (I ultimately need to use these addresses in a Word mailmerge). Thanks for any help ... ! I would do this via Word. Copy all the cells to Word. Change table to text. Use Edit, Replace to replace manual line break with tab character. Copy everything to Excel. If you provide headings the list should be suitable for Word mail merge. "Big-D" wrote: > I have a...

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

First non-blank row in WS after hyperlinking
I have several ws I use as check registers. I'd like to be able to go to the last non-blank row in that ws when I click that register's ws from the index page. It would always be the next available row in the applicable ws. Is there a way from HYPERLINK to do that or maybe a function once I get there? Macro? TIA here are a couple different ways: this will select the cell. it's not a good practice to select, but just used as an illustration here. range(worksheets("Sheet1").cells(rows.Count,"A").end(xlup).address).Select Sub FindLastCel...

Back Up Of E-Mails.
Hi, Is there a way to back up my e-mail folders? I wish to back up the messages in my local folders. I recently had to format my hard disk and lost all my customer correspondence. I have a back up software. Thanks in advance, Braulio braulio@pcbusinesstools.com Is this for Outlook or Outlook Express? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:045301c3b137$95339850$a001280a@phx.gbl, Braulio wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to back up my e-m...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Customer Address Help
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run a customer report that invluced the customers address, city, state, and zip in it. I am not very familiar with crystal reports, so if there is another way that would be awesome. Thanks, -Bill H On CustomerSource there is a section called the "Report Library"- I think it's under downloads. In the RMS Report Library MS has provided several new or modified reports, including one with customer address. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:40:10 -0700, Bill H <bill@platinumpools.com> wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if anybody k...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

--unread mail search folder across multipple accounts
Outllook 2007 - I'm opening 4 email boxes from the exchange server. Each has an "unread mail"search folder. Can i make one unread mail folder across all the inboxes? ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, woofish@hotmail.com asked: ...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

How do you make drop down boxs in excel
I need to make several drop down boxs in my worksheet, but don't know how, can anyone give me direction on how to do this? See Debra's site first and post back if you need something else http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Mai" <maiwortman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:123a01c3730d$722803e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to make several drop down boxs in my worksheet, but > don't know how, can anyone give me direction on how to do > this? Select View Tool ...

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

How do make a line correspond to date
I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) date line that corresponds to today's date. -- DMM http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com... >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) >date > line that corresponds to today's...

How to Make Activity Associated View Default to "All"
1.) Backup Global.js file here <crm server>\wwwroot\_common\scripts 2.) Open Global.js file here <crm server>\wwwroot\_common\scripts 3.) Past the Code Below into the top portion right under the declarations 4.) Save, All pages update automatically to the last option, when the page loads for the first time. // Added to Make the Actvities Sort to 'All' function Activity(object) { if(object != null) { object.selectedIndex = object.options.length - 1; object.fireEvent('onchange'); } } // Added to Make the Actvities Sort to 'All' function window.onload(...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...