how to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?

How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?

That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book are "safe
sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without block as spam.

Thank you.

ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
>
> That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book
> are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without
> block as spam.

Version of Outlook?  For OL 2003, click Actions>Junk E-mail>Junk E-mail
Options>Safe Senders.  Check the box labeled "Also trust e-mail from my
Contacts".
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
> How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
>>
>> That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book
>> are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without
>> block as spam.
>
> Version of Outlook?  For OL 2003, click Actions>Junk E-mail>Junk E-mail
> Options>Safe Senders.  Check the box labeled "Also trust e-mail from my
> Contacts".
> --
> Brian Tillman

Thanks Brian. Yes, I have Outlook 2003.
But this "safe sender" only allows me to "add" email address manually one at
a time.
Does Microsoft have any smart to allow all email addresses in my address
book to be safe sender by default? Guess not, huh?

ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> But this "safe sender" only allows me to "add" email address manually
> one at a time.
> Does Microsoft have any smart to allow all email addresses in my
> address book to be safe sender by default? Guess not, huh?

Your Contacts ARE your "address book".  Outlook doesn't have an address
book.  By checking the box I mentioned, you're telling Outlook to trust any
address that is in your Contacts.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

How to add a host in safe sender list
Dear ALL, How can i config IMFv2 to unblock all emails sent from a specific host in my company? eg. all emails sent from 10.0.0.1 should not be blocked. Thanks a lot - Add it to the Connection Filtering - Global Accept list: Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Connection Filtering | Accept. - Enable Connection Filtering in SMTP virtual server properties | General tab | Advanced | select IP(s) | Edit | Apply Connection Filter. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "...

Safe Sender stopped working... cannot fix
WinXP sp2 w/ Outlook 2003 sp3: Junk E-mail Filter was used for many years with good success. Then sometime in 2008 (late summer?) it stopped working right. Specifically the Safe Sender mechanism is broken, resulting in false-positives. Settings: Junk E-mail filtering is on and set to "Low"; Safe Senders has many addresses in its list, plus "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts" is on too. Junk E-mail filtering was fine before... it caught most of spam with virtually no false-positives, maybe once a month. Now, getting 5-10 false postives a day, especially from peo...

Is there a way to make a "safe senders" for IMF?
So I just installed and enabled IMF at my company, but we have a problem. One of our foxpro apps sends emails on errors to a mailbox called fox in our AD. It makes the FROM user be the username.machinename@domainname.com IMF doesnt seem to like these messages and gives most of them a rating of 7 and up. This is obviously a big problem for us as now these messages are getting ripped out at the gateway level (wed like our gateway to be like 6 or so, maybe even 5 down the road). I cant see of an easy way to make sure IMF just ignores these emails. They come from the machine itself (so an inte...

IMF and "Safe Senders List"
Is it true that if a user has a recipient in their safe sender list that it will bypass the IMF? It will place this email in the inbox. We are only using the "store junk email" of the IMF. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hello Eric, > Is it true that if a user has a recipient in their safe sender list > that it will bypass the IMF? It will place this email in the inbox. > We are only using the "store junk email" of the IMF. Below link contains information on how this works: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/IMFDeploy/dbb...

Safe senders list at Exchange level?
Hi folks, Just completed a swing migraton from 2003 -> 2008 this weekend. Still cleaning up some things and have a small issue i'm trying to figure out how best to fix it. We have copiers at a couple of locations that are used to scan directly to e-mail. As such, the account they use to scan has an e-mail address attached to it (copier@domain.com). Before the domain migration, people would scan and it would arrive at their inbox. After getting the relaying set up right on the 2008 box, when they scan it is going into junk mail folder automatically. For my employees,...

junk mail: cannot add a 4 parts domain email to safe sender
Anyone has any idea? i get an email from x@a.b.c.d. the email is identified as spam. i tried to add it to my safe senders list, but i get: "the email address or domain name you entered is not valid. valied entries include someone@example.com or example.com." i tried entering x@a.b.c.d, c.d, etc. manually to the list, but it is still not detected as a safe sender. any ideas? thanks. ...

Out-of-Office impact on Safe Senders list
Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode. Junk mail filter set to HIGH. Safe Senders set to "Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders list." Due to customer requirement, Exchange 2003 is set to respond to Internet senders with out-of-office responses. QUESTION: When Out-of-Office is enabled, will the addresses of all messages received, possibly including junk senders, be added to the Safe Senders list? Thank you, -- Owen Williams I don't think so, but it should be easy enough for you to test. The "Add = senders" feature is a client feature, but the ...

IMF and Safe Senders #2
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 SP2 and the IMF. Everything is fine except I have one contact that IS listed in the safe senders list in Outlook but the IMF still catches some email from this user. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to troubleshoot this? Or am I wrong in thinking the Exchange server knows who is in my Safe Senders list? Thanks in advance. > I am using Exchange 2003 SP2 and the IMF. Everything is fine except I have > one contact that IS listed in the safe senders list in Outlook but the IMF > still catches some email from this user. > > Can ...

remote administration of safe sender/recipient list in outlook 2003
Hi, I have three questions to ask about the safe sender/recipient settings that a user may change in the tools-options-junk email configuration page. Where are these settings stored? Is it possible to access them from outside of outlook? Is there an event mechanism in place that would allow a process to know when these settings are changed? Any clues or pointers to information will be greatly appreciated. I have scoured msdn and exchange sdk docs to no avail. Thanks, Charlie They're stored in the default information store, and there is no event to mark their update. You can ...

Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where Outlook keeps the file now. Thank you The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it yet, the bits also s...

safe senders?
Is there any way I can set up Outlook 2000 running on Win98 to recieve messages ONLY from those that are in my address book/Contacts? I have seen this option in Hotmail and it seems like a good cheap one to eliminate some of the extraneous mail. I can set up a rule that will filter out anyone except those in a distribution list and then copy everyone into that distribution list. However, that would never automatically update itself if I added someone to my address book, or could it? There must be some way! Thanks. "Bush_pile_it" said in news:1049g478ih11b9@corp.supernews.com: ...

filtering safe senders and junk E-mail
I am running Outlook 2007 on Vista-64. Business E-mail comes to me from a web hosting service. That service uses Spam Assassin which I have set to detect email as potential spam. I have my Outlook set to receive my contacts and those listed in safe senders to go to the inbox. Some of the email I get goes to the Junk E-mail folder even though they are in the safe senders list and as contacts. Why? Doesn't Outlook decide on the rules we give it? Is it using information from Spam Assassin? Thanks, Arthur "Arthur MacLeod" <amacleod@macleod-consulting.com> wrote in mes...

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...

Push data to safe senders list to Outlook possible?
Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange 2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. Thanks. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:10:29 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email >safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange >2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. >Thanks. Outlook11.adm in a GPO will allow you to set the default directory clients use...

what is the safe senders list in outlook 2003?
It's a list of email addresses for the Junk email filter of addresses that will be ignored by the filter "j-man" <j-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE91BE4B-D135-4A13-8D1D-6110625B4269@microsoft.com... > ...

IMF safe senders list.
Hi, I installed IMF on an Exchange 2003 server last week. I have several good email messages that are being flagged as spam. I have tried changing the SCL value but they are still blocked. Is there a way to add these safe senders to a list on the server? I know that I can add to the safe senders list in Outlook but this is not practical to do on all desktops. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Neal... ...

IMF and Safe Senders
Hi i am using IMF on Exchange 2003, the SCL is set to level 5, some users report that they dont receive legitimate emails, i usually find the emails in the archives folder created by IMF. is there a way to add a safe senders list to Exchange or is there a way to assign a low SCL to a specific sender?!! Archive at SCL 5 is a bit low in general. You may want to have a look at the article on http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ on how to set the SCL using IMF Tune Alex "Laith Hattab" <LaithHattab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD9B214F-AF22-4BA1-AB69-1FC748B99F...

safe senders still go to "junk e-mail"
An email address in the safe sender's list still goes to the "junk e-mail" folder. We're using exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. The email address is entered in as a name@domain.com and as a *@domain.com format. This is occurring to multiple users, and is not a single user problem. Any ideas for a solution? --Kevin are you using spam filtering on the exchange server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide...

Custom Safe Senders List
Is there a way to rollout a custom Safe Senders list to all Outlook clients without using GPO the Custom Configuration Wizard explained below? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011402621033.aspx We have one email address that keeps getting added to users' Junk E-Mail folder. Here is the thing... All of our inbound\outbound SMTP traffic is filtered for spam by a 3rd party vendor. And the email address being routed to our Junk E-Mail is actually an internal mailbox; however, the messages are being sent from a 3rd party that handles part of our HR recruiting. Let me elabor...

IMF Safe Sender
What's the easiest way to tell IMF that a specific email address or domain is safe to let through regardless of content? Thanks in advance. -- Mike S. To whitelist by sender address you will need a third party extension like WinDeveloper IMF Tune: http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ Exchange 2003 does support IP whitelisting so if the sender always uses the same IP then that's a free alternative... regards, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software "Mike_S" <MikeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D7B92E6-034B-4E2D-B1CC-9CE357DC167B@microsoft.com...

Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Safe Senders via GP doesn't work
I running Outlook 2007 SP2 and Windows 2003 SP2. I created a GP to reference a safesenders.txt using the 'Specify path to Safe Senders list". Although I can get other Outlook Junk Mail settinsg -- such as Protection Level -- to work - I can't seem to get it reference my list. Perhaps, I don't know how the list works or specifically where I should locate it or something. I specify the correct path. It is a list of domains @domain.com format. Can someone offer a suggestion to the problem or how best to troubeshoot? Thanks C Emmons ...

Images in email load very slowly, even if from safe sender
I was using the Live Mail desktop client for awhile but I needed more PIM features (the recent Calendar integration into Live mail is a nice touch but it's not enough) so I switched to Outlook 2007. I'm liking it a lot so far, does everything I need and more for school- but I'm noticing that emails with a lot of images - which have been marked by me as coming from a 'Safe Sender' still take several seconds to load the images. Compared to the instantaneous loading of these same images from the very same list of 'Safe Senders' in Live Mail Desktop, I cannot help but ...

marked as not junk, set as safe sender and created rule
Hi i have a problem where i have my own website and it forward me emails when a person completes a field. trouble is when i get them they go to the junk email folder. junk is set to low and i have marked as not junk, set as safe sender and created rule many different rules to sent it to inbox and when i click apply now to current emails they move to inbox but all new ones after that go to the junk again.????????????? -- zugfrig1978 have you tried adding messages from that domain to the safe senders = list? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

how to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without block as spam. Thank you. ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? > > That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book > are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without > block as spam. Version of Outlook? For OL 2003...

Safe Senders List #4
Hi I am running Office 2000. I am having a problem with some emails being classed as Junk that are not. I am trying to add these email addressess to "Safe Senders List" . When I check Outlook it appears that is Outlook 2003!! When I go to Actions - Junk Email I only have the options to add email addressess to Adult Senders List or Junk email List but no safe senders list. Does anyone know how I can do this. Any help would be much appreciated. TIA Go to Help, About - what is the exact version # (x.xxxx.xxxx format) If it is outlook 2000, the options you see are corre...