How to insert a URL with spaces into message body

Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a 
message body from a mailto hyperlink without using 
brackets?

For example:

<a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com?
body=<http://www.micro%
20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>

This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro 
soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into 
the message body.  However, the brackets will be visable 
too.

If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro' 
portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion will 
be text.

Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a 
hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?

0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 5:00:30 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

7 Replies
394 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 56

Hi joker,

please use


So type the whole link and than r-click on the hyperlink and there is a
point call (in german bearbeiten)
hyplerlink settings.
There you can choose a name which is sign in the message for example

www.microsoft.com

you could make www.mic
..com



--
Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was hat
"joker0927" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:eeeb01c43d5e$356fb530$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
> brackets?
>
> For example:
>
> <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com?
> body=<http://www.micro%
> 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>
>
> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro
> soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into
> the message body.  However, the brackets will be visable
> too.
>
> If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro'
> portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion will
> be text.
>
> Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a
> hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?
>


0
Bravestar (248)
5/19/2004 5:44:45 AM
Thank you for your suggestion, but I think some of your 
text is missing.  Additionally, it seems you are 
suggesting I type the link.  However, the problem I'm 
experiencing is inserting the link from within a mailto 
hyperlink.


>-----Original Message-----
>Hi joker,
>
>please use
>
>
>So type the whole link and than r-click on the hyperlink 
and there is a
>point call (in german bearbeiten)
>hyplerlink settings.
>There you can choose a name which is sign in the message 
for example
>
>www.microsoft.com
>
>you could make www.mic
>..com
>
>
>
>--
>Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
>Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was 
hat
>"joker0927" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb 
im Newsbeitrag
>news:eeeb01c43d5e$356fb530$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
>> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
>> brackets?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com?
>> body=<http://www.micro%
>> 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>
>>
>> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro
>> soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') 
into
>> the message body.  However, the brackets will be visable
>> too.
>>
>> If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro'
>> portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion 
will
>> be text.
>>
>> Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a
>> hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?
>>
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 6:21:52 AM
Hi I am sorry,

I get the wrong answer.

I only know it in HTML language.
Here is an example, maybe it helps you to get the right way.


<a href="mailto:Bravestar2003@Hotmail.com"
class="Stil2">Bravestar2003</a><br>
<a href="mailto:Bravestar2003@Hotmail.com" class="Stil2">@Hotmail.com</a>



--
Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was hat
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:f01101c43d69$9314f0a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Thank you for your suggestion, but I think some of your
> text is missing.  Additionally, it seems you are
> suggesting I type the link.  However, the problem I'm
> experiencing is inserting the link from within a mailto
> hyperlink.
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi joker,
> >
> >please use
> >
> >
> >So type the whole link and than r-click on the hyperlink
> and there is a
> >point call (in german bearbeiten)
> >hyplerlink settings.
> >There you can choose a name which is sign in the message
> for example
> >
> >www.microsoft.com
> >
> >you could make www.mic
> >..com
> >
> >
> >
> >--
> >Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
> >Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was
> hat
> >"joker0927" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb
> im Newsbeitrag
> >news:eeeb01c43d5e$356fb530$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
> >> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
> >> brackets?
> >>
> >> For example:
> >>
> >> <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com?
> >> body=<http://www.micro%
> >> 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>
> >>
> >> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro
> >> soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's')
> into
> >> the message body.  However, the brackets will be visable
> >> too.
> >>
> >> If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro'
> >> portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion
> will
> >> be text.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a
> >> hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?
> >>
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
Bravestar (248)
5/19/2004 6:48:12 AM
joker0927 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
> brackets?

Of course.  You need to specify the value of the space character, like this:

http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%20spaces
-- 
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/19/2004 3:16:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  One would think that would 
work, but I've tried that, and it doesn't.  You are 
correct; it will show up with a space.  However, only the 
first portion of the URL will be "hyperlinked."  The 
portion after the space will show up as text.

For expample:

<a href="mailto:bobtillman@somewhere.net?
body=http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%
20spaces">Email</a>

If you click on this link, it will open a new message 
with 'http://www.somedomain.com/this contains spaces' in 
the message body.  However, 
only 'http://www.somedomain.com/this' will show up 
as "hyperlinked."  Both 'contains' and 'spaces' will be 
plain text.

The only solution I've found thus far is to enclose the 
URL in brackets (i.e. ?
body=<http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%20spaces>)

This will ensure that the entire URL is 
properly "hyperlinked," but the brackets show up in the 
body as well.

I'm searching for a way to have the entire 
URL "hyperlinked," without using the brackets.


>-----Original Message-----
>joker0927 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
>> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
>> brackets?
>
>Of course.  You need to specify the value of the space 
character, like this:
>
>http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%20spaces
>-- 
>Brian Tillman
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 7:32:14 PM
No need to apologize.  Thank you for trying.

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi I am sorry,
>
>I get the wrong answer.
>
>I only know it in HTML language.
>Here is an example, maybe it helps you to get the right 
way.
>
>
><a href="mailto:Bravestar2003@Hotmail.com"
>class="Stil2">Bravestar2003</a><br>
><a href="mailto:Bravestar2003@Hotmail.com" 
class="Stil2">@Hotmail.com</a>
>
>
>
>--
>Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
>Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was 
hat
><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im 
Newsbeitrag
>news:f01101c43d69$9314f0a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> Thank you for your suggestion, but I think some of your
>> text is missing.  Additionally, it seems you are
>> suggesting I type the link.  However, the problem I'm
>> experiencing is inserting the link from within a mailto
>> hyperlink.
>>
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Hi joker,
>> >
>> >please use
>> >
>> >
>> >So type the whole link and than r-click on the 
hyperlink
>> and there is a
>> >point call (in german bearbeiten)
>> >hyplerlink settings.
>> >There you can choose a name which is sign in the 
message
>> for example
>> >
>> >www.microsoft.com
>> >
>> >you could make www.mic
>> >..com
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >--
>> >Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
>> >Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was
>> hat
>> >"joker0927" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> 
schrieb
>> im Newsbeitrag
>> >news:eeeb01c43d5e$356fb530$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> >> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space 
into a
>> >> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
>> >> brackets?
>> >>
>> >> For example:
>> >>
>> >> <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com?
>> >> body=<http://www.micro%
>> >> 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>
>> >>
>> >> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro
>> >> soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's')
>> into
>> >> the message body.  However, the brackets will be 
visable
>> >> too.
>> >>
>> >> If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro'
>> >> portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion
>> will
>> >> be text.
>> >>
>> >> Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a
>> >> hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
5/20/2004 4:39:37 AM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I'm searching for a way to have the entire
> URL "hyperlinked," without using the brackets.

What is your objection to the brackets?

By the way, it's not a value URL if it contains spaces.  RFC 1738 explicitly
states that certain characters, if present in URL, must be encoded.  The
space character is one of those.  The "<" and ">" are others.

How about this:

<a
href=mailto:bobtillman@somewhere.net?body=%3chttp://www.somedomain.com/this%
20contains%20spaces%3e>
-- 
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/20/2004 7:16:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How can I make my subclass get the WM_DRAWITEM and WM_MEASUREITEM message?
Hello, All: I had wroten a programme which should redraw a CListBox and CListCtrl class, But so strange, when I drag an object into a CDialog object, and setting a member value to relate with the CListCtrl(or CListBox),then I changed the member value's type into CMyListBox( or CMyListCtrl), By this time,I thought it must can access the function which I inherited from the CListBox( or CListCtrl),but I cannoot see my void CMyListCtrl::OnMeasureItem(int nIDCtl, LPMEASUREITEMSTRUCT lpMeasureItemStruct) and void CMyListCtrl::OnDrawItem(int nIDCtl, LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) were be ca...

How do I stop double spacing on new E-mails to compose?
When I open a new E-mail to compose it goes into double spacing. The word rap is single spacing. When I type words and hit enter to the next line it goes double spacing. When I ad a signiture it doubles also. Thanks Jan Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I open a new E-mail to compose it goes into double spacing. The > word rap is single spacing. When I type words and hit enter to the > next line it goes double spacing. When I ad a signiture it doubles > also. That's normal for HTML. Use Shift-Enter for single space. -- Brian Tillman Thanks ...

Message box pop up when no reults
How do I create a message box pop up when my query returns no results? Thanks I tried this and received an error 3061. The code is in the On Got Focus of the combobox. The error is issued as soon as the form is opened. Could someone tell me why? TIA Ron "Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52A5872-7B1F-4D95-96C5-E00DFC4816F3@microsoft.com... > Dim rst As Recordset > > Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("MyQueryName") > If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then > MsgBox "No Records Found" > End If ...

Outlook Rule Flag Message
Is there a "Server" side rule that will flag a message in the mailbox? Thanks RanceHood No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oo9gkwX0EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a "Server" side rule that will flag a message in the mailbox? > > Thanks > > RanceHood > > ...

CNTL+ Does Not Insert Current Date
I read in the help that if i do a CNTL+ that the current date will be inserted into the active cell - but in my case it does nothing. Is there a way to "reset" something so that the current date is inserted as advertiesed? Hi Jim Ctrl ; -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jim Avery" <jimav3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23RDlZjBzFHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I read in the help that if i do a CNTL+ that the current date will be inserted into the active cell - but in my case it does >nothing. Is there a way to "reset&q...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

Marking Messages as Read
I wish to mark messages as read in Outlook 2003 (part of Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003) when I click on another message, but only in certain folders. I do not wish to use the preview pane, or reading pane, or any other alias that may be used to descibe the automatic opening of a message. I was able to do this in previous versions of Outlook by checking the "Mark Item as Read When Selection Changes" box. This feature is not working now, and I hope that someone can help me with my issue. I.E. - I have a receipts folder set up for delivery and read receipts. I do no...

How do I insert page dividers with tabs in Publisher?
Hi, Can any one tell me how do I insert a page divider with tab in Publisher? I've created a catolog and would like to insert dividers. Thanks, -CA You can insert a page divider, but the tab is something else. You can buy printable divider stock from Office supply stores, not sure about booklet size however. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "castaway" <castaway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA76F125-571A-4812-B6F9-E7092676BCD7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can any one t...

Error message #37
when reinstalling Office XP received error message that MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Can't open Outlook and can't find the file. How can I get the file back?? Does this article help: OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Messages that Were Not Sent
I am NDR notices on messages that were never sent from the network. Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? Ya..someone has an infected machine that is being used as a mailer and using addresses from your domain as the FROM addies. Really commonplace these days. "Bytemi" wrote: > I am NDR notices on messages that were never sent from the network. Does > anyone have an idea of why this is happening? > I have scanned and checked all computers on the network, there are no viruses or spyware running lose. I also verified that the server is not being used...

Viewing IMAP messages
I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails. When I click on an email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message before I download the attachment - Is this possible? Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment - especially a pain if I am CC into some mail. Regards Andy ...

Weird font in addressing messages?
Entourage 10.1.4 adopted a strange font face for the "To:___" line in messages and in the display of options of addresses that start with the same letters that come up as I start to address messages. The font is condensed and has uneven letter spacing, with some letters jammed against each other. I checked my font preferences and all remain the same--Verdana. Removal of the following 3 preferences files--entourage.plist, entourage preferences, and entourage settings--did not help. A typical rebuild did not help. An advanced rebuild did not help. Your counsel, please? Thanks, ...

Error Message trying to concatenate from multiple records to a field
I have a table with the field: tblFormatted1Summary f1PropertyID __________ R100000 R100001 R100002 R100003 The second table contains the field f3PropertyID which is related to f1PropertyID. I need to concatenate the f3ImprovTypeCode field for each instance of the f1PropertyID in tblFormatted1Summary. tblFormatted2Land f3PropertyID f2LandTypeCode R100000 DC R100000 IC R100001 R100003 DC To where I can get: R100000 DC,IC R100001 R100002 R100003 DC I found the following concatenate function by Duane H...

To chage the string of the Message Box
Hello, I was told the following query, and it works good. How can I change the Notes By to be a Msg String : "Dicatat Oleh". I want it as a variable, because i have already the table of String message, so that it can be in many languages. INSERT INTO Catatan ( NO_URTANGT, TGLCATATAN, WKTCATAT, Subject, Notes ) SELECT a.NO_URTANGT, a.TGLCATATAN, a.WKTCATAT, a.Subject, a.Notes & [Note by] FROM [C:\Churchdata\Churchdataconso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb].Catatan AS a; Thanks in advance for many helps. -- Frank Situmorang Are you talking about a stored query that you...

inserting XML in word 2007
I'm getting a strange discrepancy with Word 2003 and Word 2007. I use range.insertXML(XML:=MyXML) to insert into a section of the document. When I do this in Word 2003 it works fine but when I do this in 2007 with exactly the same code it put a paragraph marker on the end the inserted XML. Has anyone come across this issue before and found a solution? ...

Unrecognizable format message
Version: Older version Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) A coworker and I have been successful exchanging .xls documents. I then took 4 of the Excel documents and merged them into one document making 4 sheet tabs so that all the info could be in one document. <br><br>She now can't open this document and gets a message that says it is an &quot;unrecognizable format&quot;. <br><br>I do not know what program she uses to work with Excel but I could ask. Also, is it a size thing...the new document is 111 KB. <br><br>It is a Microso...

Excel 2007
Hello. I have a two week old laptop and am running Vista. The only user account is mine, and I am set as the adminitrator. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago. I added my HP J6480 printer, but started receiving messages (something about 'TrayApp'). I downloaded the Windows Installer CleanUp to try and fix the HP install, and since then I have received the Preparing to install message everytime I try to launch Excel (Word, too.). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times, made sure the registry was clean, but still have the problem. In add...

Insert Comment
Hi All, I have cells F1-F31 for daily expenses. Some expenses need to be explained, thus Insert Comment is used. My dilemma is if I unlock the column and protect the sheet, Insert Comment will be grayed out. For every comment I have to unprotect the sheet, Insert Comment, protect the sheet. I am sure there is a simpler way. Thanks for your input. Regards, Bernard Bernard When you protect the sheet you can choose to "Edit Objects" This will allow you to insert comments on those unlocked cells. Note: you must be running 2002 or newer. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu,...

Error message: "The Office System Pack cannot be installed.."
Error message: "The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later " occurs when installing an Access 2002 mde file with access 2002 runtime, using Microsoft 2002 Developer Package Installer into a Windows 7 system. I fixed this problem for installing into earlier versions of Windows by correcting references in the Ospfilelist.txt file. My program installs fine into earlier versions of Windows, but that fix does not work in Windows 7. littleguy Office 10 is not compatible with Windows 7. -- P...

Inserting items in table from selections in listbox
Hi, I have a listbox (list17) on a form based on a query called Projects_Select. The query has 6 fields which are displayed in the listbox as columns and not a set number of rows. The MultiSelect property is set to Extended. I have a command button (Command106) that on the OnClick event I want it to make a table in my database that contains the users selections from the listbox. I can't figure out how to do this since there are multiple columns in my listbox. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks! You will need to use the ItemsSelected collection of the list box to return the selec...

Warning message on "number of data points"
I am plotting 24 hour rolling data that gets updated every minute. Data comes from an Excel Query data base and is graphed in four different charts (separate worksheets). Refresh is enabled when opening file but before the actual charts update a warning message comes on several times, which says: "The maximum number of data points you can use in a data series for a 2-D chart is 32,000. If you want to use more than 32,000 data points, you must create two or more series" I don't really know what all this exactly means and what "two or more series" it is talkin...

How to delete unwanted items to free up some space ?
how to delete the unwanted data (item) in proper way to free up some space ? How to delete historical data based on date ? like before April1, 2006--> to free up some space.. Or any ways to reduce the size of my database without affecting the performance ot the system ? any help will do. thanks I suggest that you use the Retail Realm Archive Utility that will take old data to a new database and deletes and shrinks the base data. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "GregDxb" <GregDxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Where to handle CSliderCtl messages in
VS2008, 32 Bit Win XP In a class derived from CFrameWnd, I have an object of CDialogBar that needs to have certain controls on it. Among these controls would be 2 sliders, whose event handling is to be done in CFrameWnd derived class. How shall I go about this? class CFrameWndCustom : public CFrameWnd { CDialogBar m_wndDialogBar; // the CDialogBar object. } In CFrameWnd derived class's OnCreateClient, I have created the DialogBar using the above object like: //Create the DialogBar if (!m_wndDialogBar.Create(this, IDD_DIALOGBAR_CONTROL, CBRS_BOTTOM, ...

message history being saved?
i have a new laptop. On my last computer i saved all message history. Now i save all message history on my laptop. Now what i need to no is. will the current convo history still be viewable on my old computer or not? History is saved on the machine not the server. Whatever was saved on your old machine will still be viewable there (unless you have deleted it). New history created on the laptop will viewable on the laptop. Do you need the new history to be available on the old computer? "leighanne" wrote: > i have a new laptop. On my last computer i saved all ...

receive email messages sent to a new user account
i have set up a new user account for email and now when I send a message to them I receive a copy of the same message in my inbox. i have reviewed the account settings and all appears normal. am I missing something? what should I do as I should not be receiving messages addressed to somebody else. ...