How to insert a URL with spaces into message body

Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
brackets?

For example:

body=<http://www.micro%
20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>

This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro
soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into
the message body.  However, the brackets will be visable
too.

If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro'
portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion will
be text.

Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a
hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi joker,

please use

So type the whole link and than r-click on the hyperlink and there is a
point call (in german bearbeiten)
hyplerlink settings.
There you can choose a name which is sign in the message for example

www.microsoft.com

you could make www.mic
..com

--
Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was hat
"joker0927" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
> brackets?
>
> For example:

> body=<http://www.micro%
> 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a>
>
> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro
> soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into
> the message body.  However, the brackets will be visable
> too.
>
> If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro'
> portion will be hyperlinked.  The 'soft.com' portion will
> be text.
>
> Is there any way to have the entire URL show up as a
> hyperlink (with the space) without using brackets?

0
Bravestar (248)
5/19/2004 5:44:45 AM
Thank you for your suggestion, but I think some of your
text is missing.  Additionally, it seems you are
suggesting I type the link.  However, the problem I'm
experiencing is inserting the link from within a mailto
hyperlink.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 6:21:52 AM
Hi I am sorry,

I get the wrong answer.

I only know it in HTML language.
Here is an example, maybe it helps you to get the right way.

class="Stil2">Bravestar2003</a><br>

--
> Thank you for your suggestion, but I think some of your
> text is missing.  Additionally, it seems you are
> suggesting I type the link.  However, the problem I'm
> experiencing is inserting the link from within a mailto
> hyperlink.

0
Bravestar (248)
5/19/2004 6:48:12 AM
joker0927 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a
> message body from a mailto hyperlink without using
> brackets?

Of course.  You need to specify the value of the space character, like this:

http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%20spaces
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/19/2004 3:16:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  One would think that would
work, but I've tried that, and it doesn't.  You are
correct; it will show up with a space.  However, only the
first portion of the URL will be "hyperlinked."  The
portion after the space will show up as text.

For expample:

body=http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%
20spaces">Email</a>

If you click on this link, it will open a new message
with 'http://www.somedomain.com/this contains spaces' in
the message body.  However,
only 'http://www.somedomain.com/this' will show up
as "hyperlinked."  Both 'contains' and 'spaces' will be
plain text.

The only solution I've found thus far is to enclose the
URL in brackets (i.e. ?
body=<http://www.somedomain.com/this%20contains%20spaces>)

This will ensure that the entire URL is
properly "hyperlinked," but the brackets show up in the
body as well.

I'm searching for a way to have the entire
URL "hyperlinked," without using the brackets.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 7:32:14 PM
No need to apologize.  Thank you for trying.

class="Stil2">@Hotmail.com</a>

>--
>Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht!
>Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was
hat
><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
>> Thank you for your suggestion, but I think some of your
>> text is missing.  Additionally, it seems you are
>> suggesting I type the link.  However, the problem I'm
>> experiencing is inserting the link from within a mailto
>> hyperlink.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/20/2004 4:39:37 AM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I'm searching for a way to have the entire
> URL "hyperlinked," without using the brackets.

What is your objection to the brackets?

By the way, it's not a value URL if it contains spaces.  RFC 1738 explicitly
states that certain characters, if present in URL, must be encoded.  The
space character is one of those.  The "<" and ">" are others.

How about this:

<a
href=mailto:bobtillman@somewhere.net?body=%3chttp://www.somedomain.com/this%
20contains%20spaces%3e>
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Some messages are stuck in the outbox.
Some messages are stuck in the outbox. Other messages get sent ok but these oddballs just sit there. I have looked in the help section and got some reasons why this happens but I can't tell how my circumstances relate. I know this happens with some Tasks attached, but not allways. The unsent items are listed in the Outbox unitalicized. If I open them, click "Send" they stay unitalicized and do not send out when I push "Send and Receive". Have you had a look at Q195922 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base "How to troubleshoot mail stuck in the Outbox in Ou...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Incoming Messages have wrong time #2
I'm at my wits' end with this. Can someone help? When the clock on my task bar is correct, my incoming email messages arrive with a time stamp of one hour earlier (causing me to think it's been sitting there for an hour if I didn't happen to see it come in) Outgoing messages leave with the correct time stamp. If I go in and click "adjust for daylight savings," the incoming messages have the correct time stamp but ALL of my appointments (past, present, and future) in my calendar are moved forward an hour! I'm serious. A 2:15pm appt suddenly shows as 3:15p...

Public folder unread message count
Hi There ! Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread message count is pr. user based ? With Kind Reguards Kim On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:25:01 -0700, Kim (KBData) <KimKBData@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi There ! > >Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread >message count is pr. user based ? > >With Kind Reguards > >Kim huh? Kim, If you are running Exchange 2k3 you can change this setting on the General tab of the Public folder in question. If you are running Exchange 2k let me ...

Running out of space #2
Using exch 2000 server. I had 100 GB on a RAID card, but now I am only left with 4 GB, after 6 months of usage? When I look at the mail box usage, it does not add up to that. When I use exmerge, it only needs 27GB to backup all data. I am not using too much public folders etc. MDBData folder is 95.5 GB? How can I control this crazy swelling of data? And how do I delete the data that is not required anymore? Thanks Check the application event log. There will be some Event ID 1221 entries. 4 per night for the public and 1 per night for the private. How much free space does it report? If...

Insert random number only if cell empty
Hello. I'd like my spreadsheet to place a 7 digit random number into a cell only the cell is empty, otherwise leave the contents as is. I simply don't want the number to change if one is already present. I currently keep the number static by pressing F9 when I enter the RAND formula, but that forces me to manually change the number when I save the spreadsheet to another name. I'd like the spreadsheet to automatically calculate a new number in the cell as soon as I erase the previous number in that cell. Any help on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks. "M.L.&qu...

How to add a disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing messages
I would like to add a standard text at the bottom of every message sent to external address. I have both Exchange 2000 and 2003. I do not want to use the signature feature in Outlook, but prefer to do it at the exchange level which will apply to all users. Hi You have two options here, you can either Follow MS article q317608 to create an SMTP Transport Event Sync, see here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Second option: purchase a product such as GFI MailEssentials Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2k Pro&Svr, Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "...

Corrupt free space
In "My computer" the system disk shows that there is 20GB free space, when the actual free space is more than 270 GB. Is there anything I can do to correct this? I have defragmented and run a full chkdsk check, which didn´t help. Where are you getting these sizes from? I suspect, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013&Product=winxp "jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4140F02-8F79-4E89-9D00-3658B760A25A@microsoft.com... > In "My computer" the system disk shows that there is 20...

URL Access, weird behavior
We are using URL access to a report server and it does work,but here is the issue: On first run, if I use the following URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Reportserver?/MyReporting/All+Employees&rs:Command=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Toolbar=false&rc:Parameters=true&dbName=MyDatabase - It works fine. The report renders, but the toolbar isn't viewable. Then if I run the same URL, in the same browser, except change the toolbar=true, it works fine and the toolbar is viewable. However, if I close all my browsers, open a new browser, paste in the original...

Send button no longer on Message ribbon after reinstall
I recently had to reinstalling Office 2007 Professional RTM after the secondary (i.e. non-boot) hard drive suffered partial MFT corruption. I was able to uninstall Office 2007 successfully before fixing the drive and reinstalling the same version of Office from the same source discs. After reinstalling, I noticed that the Send button no longer appears on the Message ribbon like it used to. It used to be located where the Clipboard in now located on the Message ribbon. Now it only appears in the message itself, next to "To", "Cc", and "Bcc". After search...

Message delivery
Just installed Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server in a Windows 2000 domain that currently has an Exchange 2000 Service Pack 3/ Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 server installed. We will be decomisioning the Exchange 2000 server once the Exchange 2003 server is in place and working properly. We use an external ISP that Host all of our MX Records. I setup a test mailbox for the Exchange 2003 server and began to send e-mail to the mailbox both externaly and internaly for 2 days. The mailbox never received the mail that was sent and there was never a bounced message received by the sender I tu...

Messages with accentuated words
I'm using the English version of Outlook 2003 with MS Word as my e.mail editor. I also have MS Proofing Tools installed. My problem is that I receive messages in several languages that use accents (French, Spanish and Portuguese mainly). I usually don't have troubles reading them, but the messages from certain senders never have accents. Instead, the accentuated word is replace by a seemingly non-related letter. However, when I view the message source, the text shows up correctly with all accents. This seems to be a sender-specif problem, because I always have this problem wi...

Image placeholders in the body of the mail message instead of the actual image: Outlook 2003
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. Sometimes when I read emails I see image placeholders in the body of the message instead of the actual image and I am not reading in Plain Text I am reading in HTML. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? -- Spin You may want to take a look at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/ietopten.mspx Nikki Peterson "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:6r03ggFerun0U1@mid.individual.net... Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. Sometimes when I read emails I see image placeholders in the body of the message...

Mailer Daemon/Double messages
For some reason lately, my outlook has been sending me 2 of every email i recieve and many of these emails are "Mailer Daemon" "unable to send the message you sent to____ address" which is odd because I would never have even seen that address before nor would I have sent something to it...do i have a virus? ...

Outlook send and receive error message
In outlook when I press the sent and receive button, at the lower right hand corner, the the send/receive status appears, then the message is send/receive complete. On occation more here lately, I get a send/receive error message with the little yellow triangel. Error 0x800CCC0F. What is causing this to occur at random? What can I do to fix this problem? ...

Some Inbound Messages Bounce Back to Sender
This is a 5.5 SP4 environment on Windoe NT 4.0 Sp6a. Some messages from various domains bounce back to sender with an NDR report: Subject: Undeliverable Mail Delivery failed 7 attempts: <recipient>@<mydomain.com> OR Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: <recipient>@<mydomain.com> retry time not reached for any host after a long failu...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that periodically when I try to open a message in my Inbox that the email window opens behind the Outlook window so I have to minimize Outlook to see the message. Essentially, the message window does not become the active window on top when I open a message. I found no help in the Knowledge Base, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Vicky Sandvig ...

message size problem.
Exchange 2003 server Sp2 can't receive messages over 10Mb. Message delivery defaults as follows Sending message size 5000 Kb Receiving message size 30270 Kb Recipients limits 5000 SMTP virtual server settings Limit message size to 30000Kb Limit session size to 30720 Kb Limit number of messages per connection 20 Limit number of recipients per message 64000 Does anybody know what I am missing, the user accounts are all set to use defaults for message size and when amending a user to receive 30720 Kb they are still unable to receive messages over 10 Mb. Is there another setting that I...

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send q
How can I get around this, I tried force connection, didn't work? Meanwhile store.ex is holding up lots of memory and the main drive is running out of space. Could any of these event create this problem? I just can't explain why some sites recieve our mails and some don't. Thanks - Check outbound smtp connectivity - Check DNS name resolution (if you're not using smarthost) - Are messages in the q for a particular domain? Is that domain valid/resolvable? - Restart smtp svc & routing engine svc - Check event log for any errors. Bump up Diagnostics Logging on MSExchange...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

Message Size Calculation
Someone asked me how to calculate the storage used by email message: 1. If a email message which is 100K with a 500K attachment, send to 100 people - in total, how much storage is used? Anyone know how to do the calculation? :) It will take 600K plus some small amount of space (_my guesstimate_ 100byte) for each recipient, assuming all recipient mailboxes are on the same server and in the same database. April wrote: > Someone asked me how to calculate the storage used by > email message: > > 1. If a email message which is 100K with a 500K > attachment, send to 100 peopl...

Cannot open url's after IE8 Update noe Rollback to IE7
Using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP SP3 which has McAfee Security Center on it. Important to note, the subscription is current EXCEPT that the McAfee firewall portion is saying it is out of date..... I will address this further below. IE8 diagnose the problem tells me my network is perfectly fine and that ftp, http, and https all work. Firefox works. Someone logging in remotely to my machine works. Ping yahoo.com works. I have reset my all in one DSL modem/router but that did not matter ** SO ** I uninstalled IE8 which took the machine back down to IE7. Why did I do t...

Outlook 2000 read messages self deleting
Outlook has been working perfectly until today. My messages as they are read, are deleted from the system. A search does not find them. Is there a setting I have tiddled with that I shouldn't have? The messages do not appear to go into the deleted file. Once read, they were sitting in my inbox until I filed them in their appropriate folder. I can't find anything in help for this so I hope there is someone out there who can help me. Thank you. Charly. Check if you have a view set on your in-box, such as unread messages. If yes, change it back to Messages. --� Milly Sta...

Error message when backing up pst file
I have OL 2007 running on Vista - when trying to back up pst file get the following error code:0x80070021 The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. Can anyone explain this please? This is why Microsoft does NOT support the use of pst files over a network......You also run the very considerable risk of corrupting pst files that are accessed over a network. Put the files onto a local drive, and if you need to have them on a network location for daily backing-up then write a script to copy them after Outlook has closed. ...

Error During Downloading Messages in Outlook 2003
I am connected to an exchange server and all of a sudden i receive the following error 'Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I looked at the article that one of the gentleman sent me however thats for a POP3 account and i am using an exchange server. Hope someone can help. Best Regards ...