How to increase folder size of my 2003 Autlook, it is full

It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook
2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the folder..........Peter

0
pmaston (37)

It is indeed practically impossible. Your post is quite unclear. Clarify
what you mean along with the evidence that makes you think Outlook is
"full."
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
> It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook
> 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the folder..........Peter

0
russval1 (2100)
10/15/2006 7:57:10 PM
Thanks Russ, I will clarify ASAP, got to get some oxygen......Peter

> It is indeed practically impossible. Your post is quite unclear. Clarify
> what you mean along with the evidence that makes you think Outlook is
> "full."
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook
>> 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the folder..........Peter

0
pmaston (37)
10/15/2006 8:02:43 PM
PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote:

> It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in
> Outlook 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the
> folder..........Peter

What makes you think you "ran out of room"?  Outlook 2003's Unicode Personal
Folders file is capable of holding more data than the entire size of your
hard drive.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/15/2006 8:06:31 PM
I'm not done, yet with the treatment, but I can't download anymore email,
here is my error message.

Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'The
message store has reached its maximum size.  To reduce the amount of data in
this message store, select some items that you no longer need, and
permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'

> PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in
>> Outlook 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the
>> folder..........Peter
>
> What makes you think you "ran out of room"?  Outlook 2003's Unicode
> Personal Folders file is capable of holding more data than the entire size
> of your hard drive.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
pmaston (37)
10/15/2006 8:29:58 PM
That indicates your comcast.net mailbox is full - delete some of the =
items using their web interface.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:

| I'm not done, yet with the treatment, but I can't download anymore
| email, here is my error message.
|=20
| Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'The
| message store has reached its maximum size.  To reduce the amount of
| data in this message store, select some items that you no longer
| need, and permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'
|=20
| "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|| PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote:
||=20
||| It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in
||| Outlook 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the
||| folder..........Peter
||=20
|| What makes you think you "ran out of room"?  Outlook 2003's Unicode
|| Personal Folders file is capable of holding more data than the
|| entire size of your hard drive.
|| --
|| Brian Tillman
0
MillyS (3228)
10/15/2006 8:55:00 PM
That did it, I'm all good again.......thanks Milly.............Peter

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
That indicates your comcast.net mailbox is full - delete some of the items
using their web interface.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:

| I'm not done, yet with the treatment, but I can't download anymore
| email, here is my error message.
|
| Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'The
| message store has reached its maximum size.  To reduce the amount of
| data in this message store, select some items that you no longer
| need, and permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'
|
| "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|| PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote:
||| It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in
||| Outlook 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the
||| folder..........Peter
|| What makes you think you "ran out of room"?  Outlook 2003's Unicode
|| Personal Folders file is capable of holding more data than the
|| entire size of your hard drive.
|| --
|| Brian Tillman

0
pmaston (37)
10/16/2006 12:13:13 AM
Glad to have helped.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:

| That did it, I'm all good again.......thanks Milly.............Peter
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| That indicates your comcast.net mailbox is full - delete some of the
| items using their web interface.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:
|=20
|| I'm not done, yet with the treatment, but I can't download anymore
|| email, here is my error message.
||=20
|| Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) :
|| 'The message store has reached its maximum size.  To reduce the
|| amount of data in this message store, select some items that you no
|| longer need, and permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'
||=20
|| "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
||| PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote:
|||=20
|||=20
||| What makes you think you "ran out of room"?  Outlook 2003's Unicode
||| Personal Folders file is capable of holding more data than the
||| entire size of your hard drive.
||| --
||| Brian Tillman
0
MillyS (3228)
10/16/2006 12:39:50 AM
Milly, I'm hoping you're still around because I'm a bit unclear as to what
you meant by "...delete some of the items using their web interface."  I've
gotten the same message and tried deleting items as well as archiving them to
no avail.  I've been using their(my ISP) webmail for corresponding, but don't
see how to apply what you recommended to PeterM.  I would really appreciate a
little more detail, if you would be so kind.  I'm using Office 2003 Pro, with
XP Home as my OS.  I'm on a laptop/notebook with limited disk space.  I used
the detect and repair feature which required the installation disk, but that
didn't seem to help.  I read your response to PeterM but didn't quite
understand what you were referring to...please help to clarify it for me (and
other novices).  Thank you.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Glad to have helped.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:
>
> | That did it, I'm all good again.......thanks Milly.............Peter
> |
> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> | <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> | That indicates your comcast.net mailbox is full - delete some of the
> | items using their web interface.
> |
> | --
> | Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> |
> | Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> | unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> | reading.
> |
> | After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:
> |
> || I'm not done, yet with the treatment, but I can't download anymore
> || email, here is my error message.
> || Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) :
> || 'The message store has reached its maximum size.  To reduce the
> || amount of data in this message store, select some items that you no
> || longer need, and permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'
> || "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm not done, yet with the treatment, but I can't download anymore
> email, here is my error message.
>
> Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'The
> message store has reached its maximum size.  To reduce the amount of
> data in this message store, select some items that you no longer
> need, and permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'

This seems to indicate you are using an ANSI format PST (i.e., Outlook
97-2002 format).  You can confirm this with the Advanced tab of your PST
properties dialogue.  To proceed, create a new Unicode PST, make it your
delivery location, then move the contents of the old PST's folders to the
new PST.  When you're finished, you can close the old PST to remove it from
Outlook's Navigation Pane.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/16/2006 1:23:08 PM
Your ISP has a webmail interface - go to the web, delete mail from your =
ISP mailbox there.

Note - this applies only if you have the EXACT error message that the OP =
has.  If yours is different, next time don't hijack a thread, start your =
own.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, more2learn asked:

| Milly, I'm hoping you're still around because I'm a bit unclear as to
| what you meant by "...delete some of the items using their web
| interface."  I've gotten the same message and tried deleting items as
| well as archiving them to no avail.  I've been using their(my ISP)
| webmail for corresponding, but don't see how to apply what you
| recommended to PeterM.  I would really appreciate a little more
| detail, if you would be so kind.  I'm using Office 2003 Pro, with XP
| Home as my OS.  I'm on a laptop/notebook with limited disk space.  I
| used the detect and repair feature which required the installation
| disk, but that didn't seem to help.  I read your response to PeterM
| but didn't quite understand what you were referring to...please help
| to clarify it for me (and other novices).  Thank you.=20
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|=20
|| Glad to have helped.
||=20
|| --=C2=81
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:
||=20
||| That did it, I'm all good again.......thanks Milly.............Peter
|||=20
||| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
||| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
||| That indicates your comcast.net mailbox is full - delete some of the
||| items using their web interface.
|||=20
||| --=C2=81
||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|||=20
||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
||| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
||| reading.
|||=20
||| After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:
|||=20
||||=20
||||=20
0
MillyS (3228)
10/17/2006 12:44:27 AM
I've been using that webmail account since Outlook stopped functioning, and
deleting messages from that account hasn't made a difference.  Is that what
you're referring to?

And yes, except for the ISP address, the error message I got was EXACTLY the
same as PeterM's.  I wouldn't think of hijacking anyone's thread, and
searched quite a while to find one that matched my own problem.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Your ISP has a webmail interface - go to the web, delete mail from your ISP mailbox there.
>
> Note - this applies only if you have the EXACT error message that the OP has.  If yours is different, next time don't hijack a thread, start your own.
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, more2learn asked:
>
> | Milly, I'm hoping you're still around because I'm a bit unclear as to
> | what you meant by "...delete some of the items using their web
> | interface."  I've gotten the same message and tried deleting items as
> | well as archiving them to no avail.  I've been using their(my ISP)
> | webmail for corresponding, but don't see how to apply what you
> | recommended to PeterM.  I would really appreciate a little more
> | detail, if you would be so kind.  I'm using Office 2003 Pro, with XP
> | Home as my OS.  I'm on a laptop/notebook with limited disk space.  I
> | used the detect and repair feature which required the installation
> | disk, but that didn't seem to help.  I read your response to PeterM
> | but didn't quite understand what you were referring to...please help
> | to clarify it for me (and other novices).  Thank you.
> |
> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> |
> || Glad to have helped.
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> || unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> || reading.
> || After furious head scratching, PeterM asked:

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

I see that Publisher 97 can be upgraded to 2003; what about 98?
I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is that right? Publisher 98 qualifies... http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gigi" <Gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2DD01C-2139-4D96-9821-7D3E41D553D5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says > that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is...

Outlook 2003 Notification
I have several e-mail addresses. I have a subfolder in Inbox for each e-mail address. I get notification when e-mail arrives in the Inbox. I do not get notification when e-mail arrives in one of the subfolders in Inbox. How can I get notification when e-mail arrives in the subfolders? ...

MS Access 2003 and Outlook 2003/Website
I'm working with someone developing a website for our company, and had some questions. I've read alot of resources and articles on how to integraste these thigns, but can't seem to get to the right spot. What we want to do, is have a webpage, that a customer can access, fill out a small form for RMA requests, then either email that to a specific email address which would be filtered to a folde rin outlook, and then have the Access database look in that folder for new emails and add that info in to the db. I have that part partially figured out, but another option we were ...

Outlook 2003 and Yahoo Mail Download
1 Message on Yahoo Server (Forced Migration by AT&T to Yahoo Mail). Setup deletes messages on server after download. Download into Outlook 2003 SP3. Same message appears in my inbox 2 to 8 times. Same date, time, content, message header. After download, message on server is gone. Mostly with Yahoo groups but also from private individuals. Duplicate emails vary from 2 to 8. OS XP Pro SP3 - Outlook 2003 SP3. One primary mail account (originally with Bellsouth - still uses Bellsouth address) one sub-account (same as primary). Different usernames. Both configured to download fro...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Can not open folders containing emails. Says server not availble
I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not available. Contact your administrator." What version of Outlook? What type of email acount/profile was created for Outlook to use? Did this work before? "Gil Moorman" <Gil Moorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821C5535-AAD2-4C13-9BD4-C9EE4BB2798A@microsoft.com... > I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying > "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not a...

Deleting 1 folder across multiple Mailboxes
We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across multiple mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open each mailbox individually? We have 1200 mailboxes. Thank you Exmerge.exe will do this...it is available at download.microsoft.com. "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886F1600-5F60-43F1-9F64-968C2F0FB115@microsoft.com... > We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across > multiple > mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open > each &...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

Restoring a single mail message with Ex 2003
I am trying to restore a single mail message with Exchange 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 This works for most users ok, but one user so far it failed - he got the following email: " VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00015>." and then the job to restoe the message completed 100% but the email didnt appear in the users...

Outlook 2003 rules problem on SBS 2003 server
About a month ago I lost the ability to create any new rules from client PCs running Outlook 2003, where a name from the global address list is being used. All the existing rules with GAL addresses work fine, and I am not getting any error messages, they simply do not work. All the computers are up to date, including the server. All the rules are of this variety: When message arrives from XYZ, file in folder ABC. Where the person who is XYZ is in the global address list. I am running the IMF filter. I did find the foillowing article which outlines my probem, however the solution does no...

Outlook 2003 #201
Has anyone got a clue on how to get rid of an anoying error message when opening Outlook 2003 that reads: "An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder." I have tried to replace extend.dat, remove it, and rename it. I also have tried to start Outlook in safe mode in the run command. I have used the repair and detect feature in the help m...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

need help managing volume size
XP pro I use an array for automated daily backup, I have set up three folders on the array A,B, C. Problems: The array stops accepting data after it reaches a certain level so backups are not executed until I notice and take action. I also wish to keep the size of each folder at a certain level. Right now I am merging files across the array initially loading files into the first folder (A) than moving to the next (B), then the last (C), then purging from the last folder (C) using a program called delinda which uses the files' creation date as the trigger for merging and purging....

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style #2
Hi, I have a dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with the visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region when I move the application out of the screen; only if I go to the bottom of the screen. It's OK if I go out by the right side. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Do you know how could I solve this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks It's a known problem in XP (non-client area is erased incorrectly between scrollbars). Will it ever get fixed? I would not bet on it. &qu...

Moving mailboxes
Hi, I thought this was fixed in 2000 but I am moving mailboxes from 2000 to exchange 2003. The size seems to increase How do I fix this after all mailboxes have been moved? What else should I do for a best practices? Can you please stop re-posting this same question? This is the third time I've seen in within the last 24 hours. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "MSNews" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:e%232XK446FHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I thought this was fixed in 2000 but I am moving mailboxes from 2000 to > exchange 2003. &...

Customized Bullets in Publisher 2003
I was wondering if there is a way to create a customized bullet using an image file in Publisher similar to the way in which we can in Word?? Thanks George George wrote: > I was wondering if there is a way to create a customized bullet using > an image file in Publisher similar to the way in which we can in > Word?? This is not supported in the current versions of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Outlook 2003 and network connectivity
one of the client computer in my network was working fine till recently, when the user runs outlook the network connection dies completely. you have to log off to reinstate connection. it happens when with other application as well but occassionally. n e suggesssion? ...

Very frustrated with public folder permissions
I'm new to Exchange and have run in to a roadblock trying to set up public folders company. I quickly read through several different manuals on how to manage public folder permissions and the concept seemed simple enough. Yet when I try to implement access controls only the settings I place on the "Default" entry in the permissions dialogue box take effect. For example: I have a top level public folder called "Sales and Support" and want to add one database, "Customer Database." If I create the top level folder in Outlook or in ESM the resulting default c...

2003 Front End Server not passing along messages to Public folders homed on 2003 backend server.
Shortly after we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2003, our ability to create new public folders with the expectations of receiving external email has been non-existent. We are able to address the public folder internally and the public folder will receive the email from internal accounts only. When we attempt to send to the public folder from outside the organization from say a hotmail account the mail will placed in the local delivery queue on the front end server until the time limits expire and a NDR is returned to the sender. This is not a universal problem, for the public folders created p...

"select folder to export from": No folder to select
I cannot see any folder to select in the window "Select folder to export from", when trying to export contacts per the steps at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10017934-68.html , Also, I cannot click or browse to any folder outside that window either. Any ideas of what to try next, or of the reasons why i can't replicate the steps that others seem able to do? You'll need to provide at least some information. A minimum would include: 1. Outlook version 2. Information store (if you don't know then state your mail account type) 3. Precise you steps you used ...

Download mail and forward to a public folder
Good morning, I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail downloaded to a public folder. I thought to use POP3 connector however how can i send mail to public folder? I tried to set internal Prova@net.local...if I use outlook to send mail it works. If I use pop3 connector it dosn't work. Why? Please...help me Thanks Claudio On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:52:46 +0200, "Burini Claudio" <Info@NoMail.com> wrote: >Good morning, > > I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail >downloaded to a public folder. I though...

moving deleted items to a new folder disappear-why?
I want to move deleted items to a new "deleted item folder"i.e "deleted 021910. When I perform this step-many times the deleted items that I think move actually disappear. Where do they go? Why does this happen? At the same time a "new message" opens up looking for me to send an e-mail to some one and attached to this "new message" are multiple attachments. this is really stange. I need help. Craig "craigandmel" <craigandmel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2C3AAF-0433-41E2-A5D4-2803C3F44D86@mic...

Mailbox sizes
I have been using Eudora since the beginning (since about 8 years or so, I guess), but am currently switching to Outlook 2003. It did an import of all my mailboxes. I had 1 GB of mail in Eudora, in different folders, of course; Eudora didn't have trouble with this. I had several "backup" (old mail) folders with 1000s of messages. These folders seemd to take forever to open in Outlook 2003 (well, in Eudora, this would take 5 seconds, in Outlook 2003, about 30). Is this normal? What can I do optimize this? I need to have access to all my mail at all times, be able to search through...

How to import a "Sender Filter" list into Exchange 2003 ?
How to import a large "Sender Filter" list of SMTP addresses into Exchange 2003 I know how to enter individual addresses manually: Message Delivery Properties > Sender Filte Surely, for enterprises we are not expected to enter the list one by one into that keyhole of a dialog. Appreciate the tip Rober There is a script available from: http://www.cdolive.net/download/cdoutilities.zip This script allows you to import/export the filter list, it is designed for Exchange 2000 but I think it will work for Exchange 2003 The thing to remember is that the filter option is not real...