How to import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?

Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?  Also can they be
imported to BCM?

TIA,

Chad Harris

I meant to add that i have a .NET passport for gmail, and i use it on MSN
messenger. i now have that gmail account syncronised with outlook 2003 and i
heard that i could use
my MSN messenger contacts list with outlook 2003 and my list would do
interesting things like tell me who's online and stuff like that. anyone
know
how to do that?

Tia,

Chad Harris
"Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?  Also can they be
imported to BCM?

TIA,

Chad Harris

There's no import facility within O'2K3 for MSN. Having said that this is
one way you can get the MSN email addresses into Outlook.

(Disclaimer: the following information applies to MSN Messenger 4.7.2009
running on Win'XP and may or may not be the same for other versions - just
never checked to see if anything is different)

#1 - Save your MSN contact list - this will create a file with a .CTT
extension
#2 - Rename this list with an .xml extension instead of .ctt
#3 - Open up MS Excel and let it create the schema for you - you will end up
with 2 columns - delete the first column which
        will be the same for all contact entries (= .NET Messenger Service).
Column 2 will be the list of email addresses
#4 - Save the file as either xls or csv (simplest approach would be .CSV)
#5 - Import that file into Outlook - you will have new contacts with only
email addresses so suggest that in step#3 above - instead of deleting the
first column - enter the correct name for each person's email address)

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0
"Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?  Also can they be
> imported to BCM?
>
> TIA,
>
> Chad Harris

0
karl2806 (33)

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Filter Lookup for Responsible Contact in CASE when Customer is sel
Hi, I have tried one of the posted article as below and understand how it works. But I hope the responsible contact will list up in the lookup window when the related customer is selected. Anyone offers help? Thanks. //Limit the entities one can choose of crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypes="2"; crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypenames="contact:2"; alert("1a"); //Change the default lookup type if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2"); alert("2a"); } ...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook Signatures #4

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem