How to get the "Raw Message"

How do I get the raw message with full headers, etc. in
outlook?  In my other mail client, there is a magnifying
glass on the tool bar and this opens up the raw message.  I
am getting a lot of spam and rejected messages and want to
see the information on sender and routing that is provided
in the headers but not shown in the normal outlook window.
Thanks,
benedikte
0
anonymous (74722)

With the message open, select View | Options

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Benedikte Whitman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the raw message with full headers, etc. in
> outlook?  In my other mail client, there is a magnifying
> glass on the tool bar and this opens up the raw message.  I
> am getting a lot of spam and rejected messages and want to
> see the information on sender and routing that is provided
> in the headers but not shown in the normal outlook window.
> Thanks,
> benedikte

0
patrickareed (498)

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

? CustomDraw Message Reflection Problem (Bug?) #2
Hi, I am having trouble with message reflection. I am trying to set up my list control to handle CustomDraw on its own, but also let the parent override it. (That is, the control gets CustomDraw notifications to handle, then reflects them to the parent to handle after�if it wants.) I have ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT_EX(NM_CUSTOMDRAW,OnNMCustomDraw) in the control�s message map. The handler has a simple switch on the DrawStage to ask for subitem notifications, makes a change to the colors per subitem, then returns a BOOL. The parent dialog has ON_NOTIFY(NM_CUSTOMDRAW,IDC_LIST,OnNMCustomDrawList) in it...

? CustomDraw Message Reflection Problem (Bug?)
Hi, I am having trouble with message reflection. I am trying to set up my list control to handle CustomDraw on its own, but also let the parent override it. (That is, the control gets CustomDraw notifications to handle, then reflects them to the parent to handle after�if it wants.) I have ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT_EX(NM_CUSTOMDRAW,OnNMCustomDraw) in the control�s message map. The handler has a simple switch on the DrawStage to ask for subitem notifications, makes a change to the colors per subitem, then returns a BOOL. The parent dialog has ON_NOTIFY(NM_CUSTOMDRAW,IDC_LIST,OnNMCustomDrawList) in it...

How to look at raw message
In outlook express you can view at the entire raw message but how do you do the same thing with the Outlooks that come in office, i.e., Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 etc.? I hate it when you have to downgrade ti get the same features. Rightclick in the (HTML) message and choose View Source. Note that OE is not a downgrade of Outlook but a completely different product developed by the Internet Explorer team instead of the Office team -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Serv...

How to get the "Raw Message"
How do I get the raw message with full headers, etc. in outlook? In my other mail client, there is a magnifying glass on the tool bar and this opens up the raw message. I am getting a lot of spam and rejected messages and want to see the information on sender and routing that is provided in the headers but not shown in the normal outlook window. Thanks, benedikte With the message open, select View | Options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Benedikte Wh...

Reading raw messages
I'm having a spam problem (yes, I know, who isn't!!!) and I would like to read the raw message, as it comes in from the POP server. I want to examine the message headers, etc. I can either do this in Outlook 2003 or in Exchange 2003, as I own and run both. When I was running MDaemon, I could access the mailbox store and read the raw messages. Ms, in their wisdom, in Exchange 2003, make this very difficult and hide this "raw" information away. I reckon Exchange Server is the place to look - if you export messages from Outlook 2003, even in text mode, you only get the sanitis...