How to get the envelope back

Hi,

A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was
still in the task bar so I right clicked on it and selected hide envelope.
Now the envelope doesn't appear at all, is there a way to get it back?

Thanks for your help.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

The option to turn that back on should be here in OL2003: Tools menu >
Options > Email > Advanced

"Shaun" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was
> still in the task bar so I right clicked on it and selected hide envelope.
> Now the envelope doesn't appear at all, is there a way to get it back?

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/9/2005 3:13:33 PM
Shaun <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope
> was still in the task bar so I right clicked on it and selected hide
> envelope. Now the envelope doesn't appear at all, is there a way to
> get it back?

Right-click the task bar and choose Properties.  Click Customize.  Locate
"You have new unopened items" and change "Always Hide" to "Always Show".
Click OK, then OK.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

How do you get the breadth of a question?
example the area is 36cm2 and the length 9cm what's the breadth if your result is shown as it is that is 36cm2 instead of the number 36 cell A1 = 36cm2 B1 = 9cm on cell C1 type this =--SUBSTITUTE(A1,"cm2","")/--SUBSTITUTE(B1,"cm","") Now this formula will only work if the cells have cm2 and cm respectively if they are different like sqft etc.. then you will need a different formula However if its plain 36 and 9 then its simply =a1/b1 However if you "Pual" <Pual @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F54B8C3D-13C3-4B36...

Is it possible to get back deleted emails?
A few weeks ago I replied to an email I'd received I then inadvertently deleted my reply from the Sent Items folder. I also empty my deleted items folder quite often. Is there anyway that I can retrieve my reply? John not unless you make the attempt as soon as you emptied the deleted folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http...

Free and not free AV for 98 and how to get around the problem
With apologies to all involved, I am /really/ getting tired of the never-ending "Free AV for 98?" threads. Of course, nothing will stop them, even this post, since most people are too lazy to read even a hundred old posts, being absolutely certain that they are the first person ever faced with the particular problem at hand. Don't even mention Google. One would think it didn't exist. (As much as I hate the Web, Google IS generally quite useful, as long as you don't forget that the result most worth looking at it is not necessarily on the first page, let...

How do I get the WORKDAY function?
I am trying to translate a successful Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. It ain't easy! I typed =WORKDAYS and #NAME? popped up. This is just one frustration among many I've had with this "leading product" I don't speak Lotus, but there is an =Workday() in the analysis toolpak (along with =networkday()). Excel's help for =workday() explains how to load the analysis toolpak. jorfo wrote: > > I am trying to translate a successful Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. It > ain't easy! I typed =WORKDAYS and #NAME? popped up. > This is just one...

How to get money to attempt to balace account again
Hi, When I got money 2004 Deluxe, first couple of times that I downloaded transactions, I got this dialogue box that Money was not able to balace the account. After the second time I checked the box that said something to the effect "do not attempt to balace account in the future". How do I get Money to reattempt this again? Would this take a registry edit? Thanks This is for M03: you navigate to Tools > Options > Online Services tab > check 'Automatically mark accepted transactions as reconciled'. You'll also need the 'Automatically accept all dow...

Get Object ID of selected records
Hi, Is there any way to get object ID of all selected records from view. I need to pass objectId of all selected records to 3rd part site in query string on button click in CRM. Thanks, Pankaj Rana ...

Hide worksheet when moving back to another sheet
Hello, I have a sheet called 'calculations' that I want normally to be hidden. However, there is a button on one of the sheet (called 'inputs') for the users who are interested in detail to unhide it and see it. Sub Reveal() With ThisWorkbook If Worksheets("Calculations").Visible = False Then Worksheets("Calculations").Visible = True Worksheets("Calculations").Activate End If End With End Sub I have managed to get this working by using this forum. Now, I would like to have a code that hides the sheet 'calculations' a...

Getting error with Sample Quote Report in SQL 2000
I have downloaded the "quote, order, Invoice sample report" from www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery. The reports work fine on my VM (latest version) with SQL 2005 but it gives a SQL error on another VM with SQL 2000 SP 4. Normal built in reports work fine in this VM. Has anyone tried these sample reports on SQL 2000. I am desparately trying to resolve this issue. Our client wants a custom quote in their application and they are using SBE with SQL 2000. Please help! We have resolved this issue. We had this problem since we tried to modify the quote report on our local machine using the ...

I can not get spelling to work when in (compatibility mode)

Getting at list box's scroll bars
My CListCtrl saga is nearly at an end. When user clicks an item, I pop up a temporary list box in the appropriate position so user can select new setting. The only problem is that on initial display of the list BOX, the list BOX's vertical scroll bar is dead to the mouse until something is selected in the list box. m_ListBox.SetCurSel( BlahBlah ) ; m_ListBox.ShowWindow( TRUE ) ; m_ListBox.SetFocus() ; m_ListBox.SetCapture() ; Remove the SetCapture() and the dead mouse problem goes away (creating hassle elsewhere). So, presumably I need to get a handle to the list box'...

How can I get Outlook and not Outlook Express to send files?
How can I get Outlook and not Outlook Express to send files? When I right click on a file and select "Send to Mail Recipient" the outbound mail goes to Outlook Express. I never use Outlook Express except to read newsgroups. I'd like Outlook to send these files and not Outlook Express. I have gone into Internet Explorer's Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab and selected Outlook as the e-mail program but Outlook Express still grabs e-mail generated in this manner. How can I change it so that Outlook gets these e-mails? Thank you, John IE v6, Outlook 2000, Outlook Express...

get "Program File" folder with SHGetSpecialFolderPath on Win98?
Hi, I use "SHGetSpecialFolderPath" with "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES " tag to get "Program Files" folder. Everything looks fine until I tested on Win98 with IE5.5. I only can get "\", not "c:\program files" On MSDN, I found "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES : Version 5.0. Program Files folder. A typical path is C:\Program Files. " I clicked "version 5.0", and found : "Internet Explorer 5 does not update the Shell, so version 5.0 of Shell32.dll will not be found on Windows NT, Windows 95, or Windows 98 systems. " So, how can I get...

I can't get SQL Server Express to start
I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting sand now it's stopped and I can't seem to get it to run again. Thanks, Allen What does the Windows event log say? Did you change the SQL Server service account, or have you changed your login password? Those are a couple of the usual suspects. "allenc" <twice.redeemed@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0e0e7bdf-6579-4ba6-a225-8a938dc836d8@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting > sand now it's stopped and I can't...

reply back to the person who helped you
Is there a way to tell the person who helped you out thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes add it to the original message thread. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jladika >" <<jladika.17jlrz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jladika.17jlrz@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to tell the person who helped you out > > thanks? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > Just select ...

How to get matching values with list box and dropdown property?
Hello, I want to define a list box with dropdown property, but i don't want to limit the choices the the first character only ,but to any consecutive characters typed by the user. For example: if the list contains abcdef abdeg abchi bcdef The outcome should be: input value shown from the list (rows) b 1,2,3,4 bc 1,3,4 bcd 1,4 In this example the list is not limited only to the first characters , but to any string with the typed characters. Anybody can help me ? Jack Gee, did you ask this in enough groups? This has absolutely nothing to do with Activ...

How do I get the extended file name of a file including server?
Using XP. I want to send file locations or shortcuts in an email rather than the actual file. How do I obtain the full extended file name including the server name and not just "G:" etc. so that other people in my workgroup can click on the file name and access the file immediately. If I understand correctly, you want to insert a link to a file rather than attach the file? This is assuming that the file is located somewhere that everyone can access it? (for example not in a home drive that only you have permission to) -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Back up question
I am trying to back on back office and Looks like I am not doing right way. My pc where data sit name is REGISTERPC When I go to back office and try to back up and It asking me USENAME; REGIDTERPC/GUEST AND PASSWORD. I tried all the password didnt work. I tried SA password and My adminstrator password. the otherthing when I turn on guest account on register pc then I got massege Your local setting not allowing. My window furewall is off But antivirus is on . WHat I am doing wrong ? Gill, You can't use the RMS built-in backup routine to backup a database to a workstation'...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

subtracting a range from another range and getting a range result
I have two ranges of XYZ coordinates. One is named R1 and the other R2. Is there any way in Excell 2002 to bascially say R2-R1=R3 so that R3 is a range the same size as R1 and R2, where each cell in R3 is is subtraction of the corrisponding cells in R1 and R2? Sort of like this: r1= 3,4,5 r2=3,4,5 r3=6,8,10 of course I need to do this on a two dimentional range, there are multiple XYZ points. Are the three values of R1 (3,4,5) in separate cells? Are you adding or subtracting? Please spell out the problem in more detail -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from e...

I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC but get a black scree
Hello everybody out there, I don't know exactly where to ask this question, so I come here for help. HOPE that you will not mind. I install XP in my VISTA OS using Virtual PC. But I get a black screen on XP of Virtual PC. If I uninstall the Virtual PC additions, the problem disappear but XP run very.... slow. My partners didn't come across that problem in vista with the same vmc file. I was frustrated. If you know the reason, please tell me, your help would be greatly appreciated. Even guess are also welcome. Tks a lot. Richard nian -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure &...

Emails getting stuck in Outbox
Hi I am sending a number of emails (around 600) using the vb.net code below. The problem is that the emails end up in the OL2007 Outbox with a clock icon and do not go out. If I open one of the email items and click Send then that item goes out but this technique is too cumbersome for 600 or so emails. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards Dim objOutlook As Object = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Dim NS As Object = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim objOutlookMsg As Object Dim BodyText As String ...

How do I get a true calculation? #2
Hi. I think I have just posted this question, but I can't find it now, so my apologies..... I need to start at number 1 and multiply it by 2 - then multiply that answer by 2, then multiply that answer by 2 and carry on until I have done that 480 times!! when I try to do this in excel, I either get the answer 4.72237E+21 (which means nothing to me) or £4,722,366,482,869,650,000,000.0 which isn't a true calculation as I have worked it out up to a point, but I dont have enough spaces on my calculator. Bearing in mind that I have not used excel since I last worked (about 3 ye...

How do I get Outlook to pick up mail from a subsidiary BT account.
Although I have both my main BT address and my subsidiary BT address set up under Outlook, it will only get email from the main address. I have to go into BT mail to read mail on the second account. I had no problems when using Outlook Express. Any ideas? Custard Pie <Custard Pie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Although I have both my main BT address and my subsidiary BT address > set up under Outlook, it will only get email from the main address. > I have to go into BT mail to read mail on the second account. I had > no problems when using Outlook Express. Any ...

Commandbar not getting added to inspector when word is used as editor
Hi, I have written a Com Add-in which adds a new Commandbar to the New Mai window. I am using the NewInspector event to place a Commandbar wit buttons on a new mail Inspector window , I.e. Whenever New Mail messag window is opened. I have created a new commandbar and aded a ne commandbutton on that newly created commandbar. Everything is working fine if i use HTML as mail editor. If i use wor as the default mail editor in outlook, then the commandbar is no getting added and also the buttons. Could someone please suggest me what i should do to add the commandbar to the word mail editor when ...

SD03*10 -how do I just get the numbers at the end in cell after *
,I have SD03*10 in a cell and I want in a separate cell, just to have the numbers after the *. Obviously with lots of data, the digits after the * could be 1 to many characters so I cannot use the Left function. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't waste any more time! On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:43:01 -0700, Helen Maguire <Helen Maguire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >,I have SD03*10 in a cell and I want in a separate cell, just to have the >numbers after the *. Obviously with lots of data, the digits after the * >could be 1 to many characters so ...