How to get Microsoft Outlook to cut and paste full email addresses

What is the switch that tells Microsoft Outlook to allow cut and pasting of
email addresses?

There MUST be a better way!

When I copy and paste an email recipient from a name in outlook from list,
I get the person's name and not their email address.
Aaaaooooouuurrrrrrggggghhhh!

The only way I know today to copy and paste the full email is to go to
"view" "options" and then copy and paste from the "message options" header
section.

Geeeeeeeazus. Can Microsoft Outlook be this stuuuuuuuupid?

There MUST be a better way to copy and paste Microsoft Outlook email
addresses? I'm sure there is a switch somewhere that says "when I copy an
email address, I want the email address, dammnit!".

But, where is that switch in Microsoft Outlook?
0
nathan776 (1)

I get both name and email address when I copy. If I want the address
only, I do Properties, Tab, Ctrl+C.

Nathan Webb wrote:
> What is the switch that tells Microsoft Outlook to allow cut and pasting of
> email addresses?
>
> There MUST be a better way!
>
> When I copy and paste an email recipient from a name in outlook from list,
> I get the person's name and not their email address.
> Aaaaooooouuurrrrrrggggghhhh!
>
> The only way I know today to copy and paste the full email is to go to
> "view" "options" and then copy and paste from the "message options" header
> section.
>
> Geeeeeeeazus. Can Microsoft Outlook be this stuuuuuuuupid?
>
> There MUST be a better way to copy and paste Microsoft Outlook email
> addresses? I'm sure there is a switch somewhere that says "when I copy an
> email address, I want the email address, dammnit!".
>
> But, where is that switch in Microsoft Outlook?
0
nobody5975 (31)
9/6/2007 5:31:44 AM
there is no switch.

What version of outlook are you using? Newer ones will show the name and
address while older ones often only show the display name.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Nathan Webb" <nathan776@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> What is the switch that tells Microsoft Outlook to allow cut and pasting
> of
> email addresses?
>
> There MUST be a better way!
>
> When I copy and paste an email recipient from a name in outlook from list,
> I get the person's name and not their email address.
> Aaaaooooouuurrrrrrggggghhhh!
>
> The only way I know today to copy and paste the full email is to go to
> "view" "options" and then copy and paste from the "message options" header
> section.
>
> Geeeeeeeazus. Can Microsoft Outlook be this stuuuuuuuupid?
>
> There MUST be a better way to copy and paste Microsoft Outlook email
> addresses? I'm sure there is a switch somewhere that says "when I copy an
> email address, I want the email address, dammnit!".
>
> But, where is that switch in Microsoft Outlook?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Microsoft POS #2

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Address book updating...