How to get email accounts in different boxes

I have Outlook 2003. I used to have Outlook Express and could easily receive
different emails in different boxes. For example, my wife had an email
address and I had another, Her emails did not come in my email box. I just
had to go to 'File', then 'switch identity' and then we would get her email.
Can this be done with Outlook 2003?

Sure, use different email profiles, one for you and one for your wife.  Use
F1 help for assistance with setting up profiles.  Post back with any
problems after using that help.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, eagletattoo asked:

| I have Outlook 2003. I used to have Outlook Express and could easily
| receive different emails in different boxes. For example, my wife had
| an email address and I had another, Her emails did not come in my
| email box. I just had to go to 'File', then 'switch identity' and
| then we would get her email. Can this be done with Outlook 2003?

0
MillyS (3228)
6/5/2006 9:03:02 PM
But it still came to the main email box. I want it to go to a seperate box
all it's own. Like in outlook express. Here's another question you may be
able to answer and may solve everything. Can I use outlook express instead of
outlook? As in delete outlook and install express. If yes, can I get outlook
express off a windows CD? And thank you so much for answering my post, I
really appreciate it.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Sure, use different email profiles, one for you and one for your wife.  Use
> F1 help for assistance with setting up profiles.  Post back with any
> problems after using that help.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, eagletattoo asked:
>
> | I have Outlook 2003. I used to have Outlook Express and could easily
> | receive different emails in different boxes. For example, my wife had
> | an email address and I had another, Her emails did not come in my
> | email box. I just had to go to 'File', then 'switch identity' and
> | then we would get her email. Can this be done with Outlook 2003?

No one needs to run Outlook unless you want all of the features it offers.
If all you want is simple mail and news reading, then by all means stick
with OE.

To reinstall OE, go to Control Panel->Add/Remove programs->Windows Programs
and re-enable it from there.  It was never uninstalled.  You can uninstall
Outlook or not as you wish.  Just don't open it.  Be sure to set OE as your
preferred mail client under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, eagletattoo asked:

| But it still came to the main email box. I want it to go to a
| seperate box all it's own. Like in outlook express. Here's another
| question you may be able to answer and may solve everything. Can I
| use outlook express instead of outlook? As in delete outlook and
| install express. If yes, can I get outlook express off a windows CD?
| And thank you so much for answering my post, I really appreciate it.
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| Sure, use different email profiles, one for you and one for your
|| wife.  Use F1 help for assistance with setting up profiles.  Post
|| back with any problems after using that help.
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
|| After furious head scratching, eagletattoo asked:
||| I have Outlook 2003. I used to have Outlook Express and could easily
||| receive different emails in different boxes. For example, my wife
||| had an email address and I had another, Her emails did not come in
||| my email box. I just had to go to 'File', then 'switch identity' and
||| then we would get her email. Can this be done with Outlook 2003?

0
MillyS (3228)
6/7/2006 4:37:25 AM
"eagletattoo" <eagletattoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> But it still came to the main email box. I want it to go to a seperate box
> all it's own. Like in outlook express.

then set up a Rule for each account. Tools-Rules and Alerts. BTW, I'm fairly
certain you would have had to do this with Outlook Express as well.

0
gordon7598 (483)

Msg Box question
I have several reports that are run by queries. Most of these queries have date range parameters that must be entered by the operator. I have one query that I ask only for a week ending date. This is driving mgmt nuts because they are used to entering a beginning date first, followed by the ending date. I hard wire the beginning date myself. How can I get a msg box to pop up to tell people what my hardwired date is? Ideas? I believe you're describing pop-up Parameter Input Boxes, not message boxes. One option is to use a form to enter the parameter values rather than simply h...

Blank Emails #3
Hello, Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying all different ones for them. This has never happened until Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago). Problem only popped up a week ago. The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest Service Pa...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Combo Box List Content Control
I want both the code and corresponding English translation to appear in the dropdown box. The codes are in col A, and the translations are in col B. Under Properites, ListFillRange I have entered: Jobs!A2:B200. Only column A is shown in the dropdown box. Also, when I select one of the dropdown options I get a VB error with my "Jobs!A2:B200" displayed in the VB code. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Did you change the columncount property to 2? Be aware that the both columns will appear when you click on the dropdown arrow, but only one value will appear in ...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

Email with attachments
I have a user reporting that since installing the Laptop CRM client, email with attachments will just sit in his outbox unable to send. Has anyone else heard of a problem like this. He is the only client that we have running Vista. ...

duplicate emails being sent
I have a couple of computers that are sending duplicate emails only when they are sending to more than one recipient. Any idea why this is happening? Jeff ...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

How to make a pop up combo box like calendar pop up
I have a form with a series of text boxes for entering order information. But because i want to be able to select more than one entry from a combo box, I thought it would be nice to have each item added to a text box and for neatness and ease of programmability, I'd like it if a combo box would pop up beside the text box much like the date picker pops up when entering a date field. Then each item selected could get appended to what's already in the text box. So my questions are: Does such a thing already exist and i can just download it and add it to my database? ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

getting tight vertical fit automatically
Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? If format|row|autofit is too "loose", then I think manually is the way to go. Kevin wrote: > > Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to > hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? -- Dave Peterson ...

NTDSUTIL Roles different than shown with LDIFDE
I thought I posted this earlier but can't see it. I am trying to do ADPREP /RODC on a server 2008 box. We have a 2003 Domain with some 2008 Domain Controllers. When I try to run the above it says it can't reach the infrastructure master. Server#2 has all the FSMO roles according to NTDSUTIL and according to ADUC. When running this command "ldifde -f Infra_DomainDNSZones.ldf -d "CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=xxxx,DC=com" -l fSMORoleOwner" it says that the Infrastructure Role is held by Server #1. Why the discrepancy? How to resolve?...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Vista getting shut down by a Trojan
Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of startup. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! Lying Stephen Harper has got to go! Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! On 10/03/2010 13:10, The Doctor wrote: > Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? > > This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of...