How To Export All Contact Fields?

Outlook 2007

You can create custom fields in Contacts but there does not seem to be a way to export the data in
them.  I tried exporting and walk through the mapping process -- even scrolling through the data --
and the custom fields do not show up.  Of course the exported file does not contain them.

Is there some way to export all of the data in contacts without write a program to walk the contact
objects?
0
saberman (23)

You cannot import or export custom fields - it is not an option with
Outlook.  You can write code to do this - see http://www.outlookcode.com for
starters.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Stewart Berman asked:

| Outlook 2007
|
| You can create custom fields in Contacts but there does not seem to
| be a way to export the data in them.  I tried exporting and walk
| through the mapping process -- even scrolling through the data -- and
| the custom fields do not show up.  Of course the exported file does
| not contain them.
|
| Is there some way to export all of the data in contacts without write
| a program to walk the contact objects?

0
Milly
8/18/2009 9:41:04 AM
As Milly pointed out - neither custom fields <in folder> or <part of a
custom form> are supported with the Outlook import/export wizard.

Depending on whether or not your custom field information is related to a
custom form or just added to the folder/items - one of the two options below
will serve your purposes aside from writing code:

#1) - A free export utility from CodeTwo
http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/
#2) - ContactGenie Exporter (not free - with full <custom form> support) -
http://www.contactgenie.com/cgxfeatures.htm

Sidenote: user-defined fields added to specific items but which have been
removed from the "User-defined fields in folder" list is a whole other issue
yet again (ContactGenie Exporter doesn't deal with that scenario and not
sure what the CodeTwo product does in those cases)

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Stewart Berman" <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007
>
> You can create custom fields in Contacts but there does not seem to be a
> way to export the data in
> them.  I tried exporting and walk through the mapping process -- even
> scrolling through the data --
> and the custom fields do not show up.  Of course the exported file does
> not contain them.
>
> Is there some way to export all of the data in contacts without write a
> program to walk the contact
> objects?

0
karl2806 (33)
8/18/2009 2:44:45 PM
Thanks for the link.  It is an excellent starting point.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote:

>You cannot import or export custom fields - it is not an option with
>Outlook.  You can write code to do this - see http://www.outlookcode.com for
>starters.
0
saberman (23)
8/27/2009 3:39:34 AM
I got the code working but became a bit confused when cross checking.  The export to Excel contains
91 fields.  Walking the object model and extracting the contact properties results in 145 fields. My
first assumption was that the Excel export was a subset of the properties available.  When I tried
to check that I found that only 31 of the field names matched.  However, most of the remaining Excel
fields contained the same data as the prosperities but with a slightly different name.  There were
one or two fields that Excel exported that did not show up when walking the properties.

Do you know why the field names would be different and where I can find a list of the "standard"
fields available in a newly created contact in a newly created contacts folder?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote:

>You cannot import or export custom fields - it is not an option with
>Outlook.  You can write code to do this - see http://www.outlookcode.com for
>starters.
0
saberman (23)
9/3/2009 4:16:14 AM
Re: Field Name difference

Export uses "OutlookInternalNames" which are different then what you view
via Field Chooser or "All Contact Fields"

Re: Difference in field numbers

Lots of fields are not exported via the export wizard - (EntryID,
CreationTime, OutlookInternalVersion to name just a few in addition to other
derived fields such as <CompanyLastFirstSpaceOnly> or collection based field
such as <Links> etc etc etc). Then you have fields that do get exported that
will always be blank (i.e BusinessStreet2, BusinessStreet3)

Re: List of standard fields

1) Actually depends on your version of Outlook (i.e. <IMAddress> didn't
appear until O'2002(XP) and doesn't get exported by any version of Outlook.)

2) Aside from being Outlook version specific (for a handful of fields) - the
term "standard" is a somewhat <subjective> term and depends on
"interpretation"/requirements. For example, by standard - are you asking
about only those fields that can be accessed directly (i.e.
olContact.PropertyName) or all Outlook based fields associated with a
ContactItem (excluding user-defined) available via OOM? CDO/Redemption?

3) Since you're coding, you can review all things associated with an Outlook
contactitem using the "Object Browser". The ContactGenie Exporter <help>
file  includes a list of fields it makes available for export showing
<OutlookInternalNames / Outlook Display Names> (no claim that this list is
<complete> - some fields were intentionally not included when the program
was originally released) No purchase required, just need to download and
install the program for the help file)

An unsolicited suggestion would be to focus on the fields (you need) versus
"everything that's available" at which point, writing code to export data is
an extremely simple task that does not take a long time (a few hours at most
using most any of the cookie-cutter code samples) especially when you only
need to deal with your own configuration/environment. Stray from the
<simplistic> and you may quickly find yourself in a very time-consuming
world of "exceptions and gotcha's or what some may politely refer to as
<undocumented features>". You can discard this suggestion as "coming from a
vendor selling a <topic-related> product" or view it as "coming from someone
who has a lot of years of history with importing/exporting/updating Outlook
data" - choice is yours.

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

..

>I got the code working but became a bit confused when cross checking.  The
>export to Excel contains
> 91 fields.  Walking the object model and extracting the contact properties
> results in 145 fields. My
> first assumption was that the Excel export was a subset of the properties
> available.  When I tried
> to check that I found that only 31 of the field names matched.  However,
> most of the remaining Excel
> fields contained the same data as the prosperities but with a slightly
> different name.  There were
> one or two fields that Excel exported that did not show up when walking
> the properties.
>
> Do you know why the field names would be different and where I can find a
> list of the "standard"
> fields available in a newly created contact in a newly created contacts
> folder?
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote:
>
>>You cannot import or export custom fields - it is not an option with
>>Outlook.  You can write code to do this - see http://www.outlookcode.com
>>for
>>starters.

0
karl2806 (33)
9/3/2009 7:55:36 PM
Hi Carl, Stewart, Milly, and others.

Thank you for your thread, this is the closest place I have come so
far to answering my question.

I use Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007.  Specifically for this question
I will be using Outlook 2003.

I am trying to export Contacts to Excel file.  When I do the email
addresses do not export.  This seems strange.  All other basic contact
information (name, company, phones, addresses, category, etc) exports
just fine.  But without the email addresses the whole concept of
having a single file with all my contact information is pointless.

I don't really understand most of your string, I'm not a programmer.
But I can get around a PC pretty well.  Surely there's a way to get
all my contact information - including email addresses - to export to
an Excel file without paying for a 3rd party solution???

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Justin
"Justin" <justin.zavislak@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to export Contacts to Excel file.  When I do the email
> addresses do not export.  This seems strange.  All other basic contact
> information (name, company, phones, addresses, category, etc) exports
> just fine.  But without the email addresses the whole concept of
> having a single file with all my contact information is pointless.

When you open a contact in the Contacts folder and examine the E-mail field,
is it underlined?  Can you double-click it and see an E-mail Properties
dialogue?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/13/2009 7:08:00 PM
> When you open a contact in the Contacts folder and examine the E-mail fie=
ld,
> is it underlined? =A0Can you double-click it and see an E-mail Properties
> dialogue?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hi Brian,

Yes.  The email addresses are underlined.  When I double click I get
the properties dialog box.

A note:
I now realize that when I export using CSV format I end up with a file
that opens in Excel and that includes the email addresses.  I can
import this file successfully into Outlook on different computer and
email addresses are retained.  This is good.

However, a new perplexing issue has now arisen.  When addressing a new
email message I click the To: box to choose from a list of email
addresses in my contact list.  But I get a message saying the address
list cannot be displayed.  I am confused why the email addresses show
up in the contacts folder but cannot be accessed by clicking the To:
button on a new message window.

Background:
I originally inputted my contacts list into Computer A with Outlook
2003.  At this time I was able to select from a list of all email
addresses in contacts list by clicking the To: button in new email
message.  Then Computer A went to the repair shop.  Before it went I
exported XLS file of contacts, neglecting to realize that it did not
include email addresses.

I got Computer B (older, slower, temporary).  I opened trial version
of Outlook 2007 on Computer B and imported contacts list taken from
Computer A.  This is when I discovered that email addresses were not
included.  When Computer A finally returned from shop I took the .pst
file from Computer B and put it on Computer A so that I was working
from the most recent email messages.  But the .pst seemed to wipe out
the original contact list in Computer A, the one with the email
addresses, the one that allowed me to pull from a list of email
addresses with the To: button.  I had previously restored the email
messages on Computer B by synching with phone, and figured out that if
I export contact list from Computer B using CSV file the email
addresses will be saved.  So I imputted the CSV from Computer B to
Computer A to restore the email addresses.  The email addresses
returned to the contacts list in Computer A, but the ability to select
them from the To: menu went away.

This is very confusing for me.  Any assistance you can provide is
greatly appreciated.

> I now realize that when I export using CSV format I end up with a file
> that opens in Excel and that includes the email addresses.  I can
> import this file successfully into Outlook on different computer and
> email addresses are retained.  This is good.

Using a CSV to transfer data from one Outlook to another is the wrong thing to
do.  Use a PST to do the transfer and do not export unless you want to
transfer the contents of an Exchange mailbox.  On the receiving side, do not
import.  Open the PST in Outlook.  File>Open>Outlook Data File.

> However, a new perplexing issue has now arisen.  When addressing a new
> email message I click the To: box to choose from a list of email
> addresses in my contact list.  But I get a message saying the address
> list cannot be displayed.  I am confused why the email addresses show
> up in the contacts folder but cannot be accessed by clicking the To:
> button on a new message window.

Your Outlook Address Book service is misconfigured.  This is often the result
of using export/import to transfer data.  RIght-click your Contacts folder and
choose Properties.  Select the OUtlook Address Book tab and check the box
labeled "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book".  Click OK.  Stop and
restart Outlook.  If the check box is inactive and cannot be checked, you'll
need to create a new mail profile and connect your PST correctly.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/14/2009 12:44:00 PM
Thanks a million Brian.  I can now use the To: button in the new
message window to access my contacts.

It's too bad that one must use the .pst to ensure functionality.  I do
not want to be tied to MS or MS Outlook.  I use it for now, but who
knows what I'll use in the future, and I want to make sure I have the
flexibility to use my contacts data file to import somewhere else in
the future.  I also want a data file to simply browse or manipulate in
other ways.  I find often with MS that things are too good, too
robust, too capable for something simply like having a data file of
contacts that can integrate with email while also remaining
independent, or in the format of a cross platform third party.  I
understand that every company to some degree designs its software and
hardware to be proprietary to encourage customers to stay with that
company.  But more and more other companies are beginning to break
that mold as more customer demand flexibility.  It seems MS is behind
on this front and doesn't really intend to make up ground here.  This
will likely encourage me to move away from them over the long run.  Oh
well.

Thank you again for your help.  This is exactly what I needed to know
to get through this period of my life juggling several computers.
Would just like to add a few things for the sake of
"perspective/clarity".....

#1 - When a response states that "import/export" is never the right way to
do something" - it inevitably always relates to a scenario of moving
information from one Outlook configuration to another (either implied or
explicitly stated). It's also a recommendation I wholeheartedly agree with
but the operative words are "moving from one Outlook config to another" - it
is not one you will see when the requirement is to move info into or out of
Outlook for use by another program.

#2 - The Outlook import/export wizard works perfectly and exactly as
advertised (for the intended purpose). Would be the only thing you need (as
qualified below) to save your data for use by another email client or
program IF (and I stress the word <IF>) that other program does not directly
provide the capability to retrieve the information from Outlook itself. One
of the primary mistakes people make when using the Outlook import/export
wizard is to let it "auto-process" (i.e. auto-map) which invariably causes
problems in many cases. Not because the wizard doesn't work but because the
person did not ensure that the <correct> desired fields were included
(Outlook remembers the fields used in the last import/export function for
the file type selected).

#3 - If your requirement only involves standard Outlook data that is
included in the Outlook import/export field map - no need for anything else.
On the other hand, if the requirement(s) fall(s) into one or more of the
following - a 3rd party solution is required (whether ours or any one elses)
           a) import/export any Outlook standard field not found in the
Outlook import/export field map
           b) import/export any user-defined fields whether as part of a
custom form or as part of the "User-defined fields in folder" group
           c) import data to "update" existing Outlook contacts
           d) run on an automated or repetitive basis
           e) want to import/export from/to Exchange public folders
           f) want to import custom "FileAs" values
                  ............or any number of other requirements....

Given that we sell import/export/field management products for Outlook,
certainly would be to our advantage if the statement "using the Outlook
import/export has/creates nothing but problems" was correct but <it's not> -
it works just fine. Issues will occur if the data is not valid, if the
import/export settings are not correct or wanting to do something that it
was not intended to do - only need to review the myriad of posts to the
newsgroups related to this subject to confirm that).

There are, however, 3 things that, that I suggest people avoid/do when
importing/exporting Outlook info for any reason to minimize potential
problems:

#1 - avoid PST to PST import/export - have yet to see a logical reason for
PST2PST
#2 - when importing data which is in Excel format - save the data as a CSV
file and import that file instead (but not because of missing email
addresses - the only reason that would happen is because something was not
set correctly)
#3 - when exporting and the final desired file format is Excel - save it as
a CSV file, open the CSV file in Excel and then re-save it in the desired
Excel format

In short - you have everything you need in Outlook to maintain complete
freedom to move to/from any client or view your data any way you wish at any
point in time.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

> Thanks a million Brian.  I can now use the To: button in the new
> message window to access my contacts.
>
> It's too bad that one must use the .pst to ensure functionality.  I do
> not want to be tied to MS or MS Outlook.  I use it for now, but who
> knows what I'll use in the future, and I want to make sure I have the
> flexibility to use my contacts data file to import somewhere else in
> the future.  I also want a data file to simply browse or manipulate in
> other ways.  I find often with MS that things are too good, too
> robust, too capable for something simply like having a data file of
> contacts that can integrate with email while also remaining
> independent, or in the format of a cross platform third party.  I
> understand that every company to some degree designs its software and
> hardware to be proprietary to encourage customers to stay with that
> company.  But more and more other companies are beginning to break
> that mold as more customer demand flexibility.  It seems MS is behind
> on this front and doesn't really intend to make up ground here.  This
> will likely encourage me to move away from them over the long run.  Oh
> well.
>
> Thank you again for your help.  This is exactly what I needed to know
> to get through this period of my life juggling several computers.

0
karl2806 (33)

Problem querying a memo field
Hi, I have a query to export the content of a memo field to excel. The query result cut of some part of the text. How do I overcome this problem? SF Post the SQL of your query. Memo fields will get truncated if you use DISTINCT or a totals (aggregate) query. First, is the query truncating the data or is the export truncating the data? If you run the query without exporting the data is the memo field truncated? Or does the truncation appear after you have exported the data. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University...

Pivot table calculated field #2
As in XL 2000 I did not see calculated field when I right click on pivot table? Also what XL XP pivot table can do more than XL 2000 . Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks San To create a calculated field, on the Pivot menu choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field. To see what was added in Excel 2002: What's New for Microsoft Excel 2002 Developers http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbaxl10/html/xlWhatsNew.asp You can download a product guide, which includes the changes to PivotTables: http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/evaluation/...

Contacts & Policy
Hey all, Quick one here. I want to create a group of contacts (Contacts in the literal sense, not a domain user) for all of our clients. I then want to create a address list and populate it with all the contacts that I create. I can do this. The problem is that whenever I create a contact, it also tags on MY domain SMTP suffix and X400 stuff. Any way I can do this without going into each of the contacts and removing them manually? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with recipient policies...but the default policy automatically creates my domain suffixes on ALL objects, including co...

Contact shipping methods
I am trying to change the dropdown list in contacts of shipping methods, actually both contacts and accounts. I've done the following but the changes do not appear in the forms. Logged on as Administrator: then proceeded to the following area; Settings Customization Customize Entities Contact Attributes Schema Name: Shippingmethodcode Changed the pick list to methods we use. Click save and close on attribute shipping method window click save and close on entity: Contact window Click on publish on customize entities display side of crm window waited for changes but they have not appear...

Give external user access to Calendar and Contacts?
I have a user who is on an exchange 2003 server. They want to move to another exchange 2003 server. There is no trusts between the two and probably never will be. They want to give access to someone on the other exchange server than the one they are on to contacts and calendar. Is there a way to do this? Not practically. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23x%231UgHRGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is on an exchange 2003 server. T...

Organizing Contacts in Outlook 2000
I might be asking too much from Outlook but I thought I'd try. I'm a facility manager with 10 customers (schools, churches, etc.) I'm attempting to use Outlook Contacts to organize the various vendors that each one uses. So, when I enter a vendor, first I need to put them into a category (plumber, electrician, .etc) then I need to assign them to the appropriate customer. Some of my customers use the same vendors so I'd need to assign some of them to multiple customers. I'd like to be able to look up a customer and view all vendors for that customer, and I'd like...

Auto update contact e-mails to address book distribution lists
I'm uploading about 2000 contacts adn mapping information to various fields. Can I change the way I view my ADDRESS book. I have been trying to change it so shows company (Last,First). I'm starting with a blank address book, changing the settings in tools/options and contacts before i import but it won't apply the changes... can anyone help? Importing with Outlook's Import Wizard is the worst way to create Contacts. The settings you specify for derived fields like "File As," "Full Name," and "Email Display As" will not be appli...

Smartlist
Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to export the distribution accounts within payable transactions entries using SmartList. I tried exporting all the fields within SmartList but I don't see the purchasing accounts. What am I missing. Thanks. The column is called Purchases Account Number. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jack" wrote: > Hi all, > I was wondering if there is a way to export the distribution accounts within > payable transactions entries using SmartList. I tr...

How to synch personal contacts w/ a contacts list in a public fold
Several Outlook 2003 users with Blackberries want to 1) easily copy the contacts from several public contacts folders into their own personal contacts and 2) be able to receive changes when the public folder contact lists are updated by one person. What is the easiest way to do this? Is there any way to "synch" the contacts in the public folder to these users' personal contacts without their intervention? -- Lisa M Not easy but check these options: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Also, you may want to check with the folks in microsoft.public.pocketpc.actives...

Arrange fields on a form
I am working in a form in access. I have added more fields to the form. Everytime I edit a field I have to reinsert the field on the form. When I reinsert the field it no longer will keep the order I arranged. I want to be able to tab to my fields when entering data, but If I have to reinsert the field again it tabs to that field last. How do I rearrange that field where I want it without adding all the fields again? Depending upon your version, in the form's design view: View >>> Tab Order and change it. Alternatively, you can use the tab index property dis...

Advance Find in Outlook for Birthdate field
Hello, I want to find contacts according to their birthdates but grouped by months. For example in Advance Find if I choose "this month" Condition, it should display only those contacts with birthdate in October. However it looks like Outlook finds and sort according to the year of birth. Is there any way to find and group according to month of birth. OS: Windows XP OFFICE: MS Office 2003. Outlook 2003. Regards, Faisal. mfaisald@gmail.com try using the recurring field, not the date field. see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/birthday.htm for some ideas on how to do this. -- ...

Contacts In outlook 2003
All, When making a contact with a E-Mail address and a fax numer I see 2 contacts in the Addresslist (one for the mail and one for the fax). We have WIN2000 Installed and a modem on board, fax is installed as a service...Is that the reason? How can we show only E-mail contacts since we don't use the modem for Fax... Marc The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., prece...

fixed format export
Is it possible (minus macro coding) to export a simple multi-column excel (single sheet) worksheet in a fixed format? Somewhere you would need to define that column A should be characters 1-2, column B should be 3-12 and so on. Thanks, jpw ps. - I can solve this problem other ways (vbscript, etc) but I was looking for a simpler method. Set each column's width to what you want in the text file (3 or 6, etc.). Then do a File, save As and pick "Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn)" as the file format. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "John Wilson" <jwilson@exeter....

Restrict memo field to size of text box
Hi, I have a form with a text box that gets data from a memo field in a table. As the user enters data in the text box I want the input to be restricted to the size of the text box. Right now as the user types, once the box is full the data scrolls up. Is there a way to make input stop once the box is full? Thanks in advance, Phil Without a fixed width font like Courier New, you really can't easily tell when the textbox is full. If you use a fixed font, you might try something like this (aircode): Private Sub txtMyMemo_Change() ' 150 or whatever the number of ch...

Able to move Report Writer fields with different 'Types' at same t
I worked recently with MBS Support and discovered that you cannot select multiple fields in Report Writer at the same time, if they have different field types. For instance, if a field in report section F1 has a type of 'Last Occurrence' and you try to move it at the same time as a field with type 'Data' in report section RH (as an example), then the field in section F1 is automatically changed to type 'Data'. This results in reporting errors that must be corrected. Since moving fields together for formatting is a matter of common convenience, I feel that this...

First field on Tab is a dropdown -- how do I stop it from scrolling
Hi, I have a custom entity with multiple tabs. The top field in each tab is a dropdown field. When the user moves from one tab to another, the first field in the tab is automatically highlighted in blue and activated. Now if the user wishes to scroll down the page, they end up scrolling down that first pull down menu, changing the input -- unless they click out of the field first. I know I can arrange fields so that the first one is not a pull down menu. But I would really like to have that as my first field. Any suggestions on how I can stop it from scrolling? Is there some code to 'n...

export to excel #4
Is it possible to 'save as' a MS Money file to excel or is there any 'export' facility to excel ? Would it even be possible to 'open' a money file using excel ? Thanks -- Dave Eade Global Project Solutions See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9. "Dave Eade" <DaveEade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:703D19AF-087E-4357-B3E9-DF92D8693B25@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to 'save as' a MS Money file to excel or is there any > 'export' > facility to excel ? > Would it even be possible to 'open' a mo...

Checking multiple fields for Duplicate
I have been struggling with this code and trying to learn from other threads. I am trying to check three fields on a form for duplicates...specifically LastName, FirstName and DOB (date of birth) and if there are any records already in the table that match ALL three, then a warning message is given and you are taken to that record. So far I have the code working for one field, but I get problems when I try to add other fields. I am a novice and probably 'over my head', but I seem so close..any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Here is the working code for one field. ...

Integration Manager error: unknown Great Plains field subtype '243
When a user with class 'ARSupvisor' tried to upload invoices to GP, an error message show up as in the title. We have to set to 'Accounting Mgr' to have the upload done successfully. Can someone tell why it is like this? What can we change to make a 'ARSupvisor' be able to upload? (access right, etc) Thanks in advance! Kevin I have not tried this in version 10 yet, but I know in previous versions of GP, a user had to have access to the SOP Setup screen to be able to import SOP invoices using Integration Manager. Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP...

Tools Contacts Change Defaults
Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6811) SP3 The contact (address) list in Microsoft Outlook is in first name, last name I want last name, first name. Help says go to Ms Outlook, Tools, Options, Contacts, (change default settings ), then click OK. Then Apply on the next screen. The problem is Apply is grayed out, and cannot be used. I am an administrator and there is NO EXCHANGE. Any ideas how to activate this option? Thanks Bob Your post is too vague. Post more clearly the view you are actually trying to sort. "contact (address) list" could mean anything. Are you refer...

inventory management & exporting to accounting
I am a new user of RMS. We are attempting to manage our inventory in RMS although the purchasing and ongoing inventory adjustments in the program do not seem to meet our needs. Are there any recommndations as to how to track various ongoing inventory adjustments (ie shrinkage, returns, promotional gifts, etc) to specific accounts? I am assuming that the physical inventory count adjustments all get allocated to a general cost of goods expense account??? We may decide to purchase our inventory in our accounting software (quickbooks) and manually enter it into RMS as an interim solution....

How do I select records were a field contains a key word??
I have a field named [Comments], a text field. I want to create a query that selects records that contain the word "Not" somewhere (anywhere) in the field. Is this possible? OldEd OldManEd wrote: > I have a field named [Comments], a text field. I want to create a > query that selects records that contain the word "Not" somewhere > (anywhere) in the field. Is this possible? > > OldEd .... WHERE Comments Like "* not *" -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Thanks, that worked....

Importing and Exporting Contacts in Outlook
I use MS Office 2000. Usually I have not had any problems export and importing my Outlook contacts before. I do this to backup my contacts and to update my laptop from the primary desktop PC I use. I use comma delimited (DOS) format for the foregoing. The problem is now when I export contacts seems like the process picks only certain fields instead of all the non null fields of each contact record. I have always maintain my contacts in categories. There is only one unusual thing that I did recently that might contribute to my problem. I set up a special, new category to receive a group o...

Copying/pasting text to text box and exporting as webpage
With Publisher 2003 when I copy text from a webpage and paste it into a text box in Publisher 2003, it shows up fine, and is in the same format as the original. But, when I try to use the "Publish to the Web" feature and create a webpage out of it, and see a preview of it in a web browser, the text runs off the edge of the page. How can I get the text to stay within bounds of the text box I created? I am trying to redo a series of webpages I created without having to type the content all over again. I would like to do this without turning the text into a "picture". ...

FRX export painfully slow
Hi all, We run FRX 6.5.51 and Great Plains 7.00g12 (sql 2000) on a 2000 TS with Citrix metaframe server XPE. Frx works fine until you export a report to excel via OLE using excel on the same TS server as FRX. At this point FRX slows down to a crawl. The problem seems to be somewhat intermittent (works 10% of the time properly) I initially thought it was a permissions issue but I verified that it was not. I also monitored the network between the citrix server and the sql server and all looked good. Any information to point me in a direction as to what is causing this would be greatly appr...