How to eliminate from Outlook Address Book drop down list

When I create a new message, and select the "To" button, Many
categories show up that either I created individual folders in the
past in contacts, or the categories no longer exist in my outlook.

How do I eliminate those from showing up in the drop down list?

Thanks,

TJ

Go to properties of the ones you want to remove and
untick "show this folder as an e0mail adress book".
Jet

0
anonymous (74722)
8/18/2004 10:14:01 AM
No. That won't work if those folders no longer exist.
Remove the outdated references from the list here:
Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address
books > Outlook Address Book > Change. --that is of course if you are using
Outlook 2002 or 2003. Always post your Outlook version if you want an answer
to a question.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Go to properties of the ones you want to remove and
> untick "show this folder as an e0mail adress book".
> Jet

0
russval (3097)

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

how to find an item in a list control?

contact list #13

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Outlook Recall Msg Process

outlook 97 and express email problems

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?