I have about 800 names and email addresses in an Excel
spreadsheet that I need to add to my Outlook address book.
Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this?
0
anonymous (74722)

Save the Excel Spreadsheet as a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file and then in
the Address Box, Click, File, Import, Other Address Box, then click Text CSV
file and browse to it.

"Hal Segal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have about 800 names and email addresses in an Excel
> spreadsheet that I need to add to my Outlook address book.
> Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this?

0
mikesc1 (2)
12/1/2003 6:46:44 PM
Mike,
Thanks for your response, but I'm having trouble doing
what you suggest. When I'm in the Outlook address book,
under File there is on Import function. Am I looking in
the wrong place?
Thanks,
Hal

0
halsegal (2)
12/1/2003 7:17:19 PM
Indeed. Import into your Contacts Folder. That's where Contacts are stored,
not in the Address Book view. Also, you can export from an Excel file
directly. It is not necessary to create a CSV file first.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Hal Segal" <halsegal@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Mike,
> Thanks for your response, but I'm having trouble doing
> what you suggest. When I'm in the Outlook address book,
> under File there is on Import function. Am I looking in
> the wrong place?
> Thanks,
> Hal

0
russval (3097)

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Address book updating...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

hyperlinking email addresses

adding name /creating field/query?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away