how to display a form for the user to select a list of contacts from the addressbook

Does anyone know how i could (in vb or vb.net) display a MS Outlook screen
which can
be used for the user to select a contact from the address book.
I need a screen to display the outlook contacts and for the user to select
one of them and this screen should return the selected contact.

Then i should be able to get the details of this selected contact.

Any idea???

The code will be used in an external application.

0
Anne1758 (1)

How to turn off automatic resizing of the view to fit selected obj
When I select objects that partially fall outsize the current window (becasue I have zoomed in on a particular detail), PPT automatically resizes my view. This makes drawing/editingn of small objects in a larger drawing tedious and time consuming. In past versions of PPT this did not happen. How can I turn-off this automatic resizing of the zoom factorview ? PPT 2007, right? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. That will fix it. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/...

work order form and report design help
I am building an automotive shop database. I have a table that lists all of the services and the prices. I have the main form created where all of the customer data is entered in and I have another form that builds the work order for the customer. How do I build the form to allow for different services for the same customer without having to create service type 1, service type 2, etc. I need them to be independent of each other and I then need to create a report to print out for the customer. On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:24:01 -0700, Jimmy <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

Using ExecuteQuery to get Listing of Cases
I'm attempting to programatically extract a listing of Cases (similar to the Cases listing in the Case Manager of the CRM app) using the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMQuery.ExecuteQuery() method. I can successfully extract Account and Contract info using ExecuteQuery, but I've been unsuccessful in locating a sample of a "QueryXML" string for listing Cases. This is my latest attempt, but I'm not even sure if "Incident" is the correct Entity for what I'm attempting. <fetch mapping='logical'> <entity name='Incident'> <order a...

Split Forms
Is it at all possible to hide the Data Sheet portion of a split form at run time in 2007? The only solution I have found is to play with the SplitFormSize property, but I am afraid that it does not support different display sizes. Any suggestions ? Thanks ...

how to arrange list by first or last name
I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address, and phone numbers. I like to know how you can review the list by any combination of first name, last name, city, state, and or phone number? hi can you give examples of how your list is layed out. i am thinking a helper column with an extraction formula might work. regards FSt1 "Andy" wrote: > I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address, > and phone numbers. I like to know how you can review the list by any > combination of first name, last name, c...

After migrating user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 emails have disappeared
After migrating a user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003, many of her emails have disappeared. I remember reading somewhere that this is not an uncommon side effect of this migration. Can anyone tell me how to reverse this? Is there a setting somewhere? KingCronos <test2005@bgop.org.uk> wrote: > After migrating a user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003, many of her > emails have disappeared. I remember reading somewhere that this is not > an uncommon side effect of this migration. Can anyone tell me how to > reverse this? Is there a setting somewhere? Migrating properly wi...

Import contacts from Excel
I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand type each email? thanks "angie" <angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64042F86-62E0-4D42-B9CE-49C134DB4B7B@microsoft.com... >I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can > import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand > type each email? You can't import into a DL. Instead import into your Contacts and assign categories to ...

How do I protect my comments from being edited by another user?
I regularly send excel worksheets to a co-worker via e-mail and then she sends it out to others within the company (sales force). There are occasions when she will need to revise it and send it back to me. How do I protect my comments so that they cannot be edited, or can I? I received a worksheet back today that the comments I had entered were changed. These comments are my back-up and I do not want them changed. Can anybody help? highlight the whole sheet format cells / protection / uncheck locked highlight the cells you want protected format cells / protection / check locked tool...

Entourage without HTML-display
Hello NG, I am new to the Mac and in my compay we use office:mac Here's my problem: I compose eMails just using text, I do not use HTML to compose Messages. But if someone writes me a mail that is formatted in HTML Entourage shows the formatted Mail. The only thing that I found so far is to not allow "Complex-HTML" (whatever that means). But even when I turn off complex-HTML Entourage shows HTML. I was used (using Outlook Express 6) to turn off the display of HTML-Mails completly. Even Lotus Notes (v.5.0.9a) shows the eMails without HTML-Formatting. And if I send an eMail f...

Custom lists from different sheets
Hi to all, I want to create a custom list from linked data from other sheets. Lets say we create the list on 'sheet10' and the values will be taken from: 'Sheet1!A1' , 'Sheet2!A1' , 'Sheet3!A1' ect....and i want the list to continue till 'Sheet9!A1'. I tried to drag the first three link cells (on sheet10),in order to create the list but the next cells didnt jump to: 'Sheet4!A1',Sheet5!A1'.... Does somebody knows the answer.... Thanks in advance Hi One way is to link your formula to the row number, and use this to increment your sheet numbe...

2007 user levels
I only have a limited knowledge but have previously developed a number of relational databases using Access that have worked very well. If user level access has been removed in 2007 how do i stop some users accessing confidential data, while still allowing them to use other parts of the database. The data base will run on a simple pier to pier network, with one machine holding data and Access installed on all machines, so do not have MS Server. please help Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA03658D-236C-47BC-9F09-FC91674862D0@microsof...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

Tracking a Custom Outlook Form
One of our users has created a custom Outlook Contact form. It basically contains an additional text field and the form has no scripting in it whatsoever. He'd like to track these Outlook contacts in MSCRM. When the user attempts to track the contact by clicking the "Track in CRM" button on the CRM Outlook toolbar, he recieves the following error: This item type is not valud for promotion to Microsoft CRM. I attempted to reproduce the problem, yet the CRM isn't even available on the contact form on my computer. Is it possible to track Outlook contacts that are usin...

UpdatePrintStatus of Form POP_PO
I can't seem to get this proc to run correctly. Specifically, the EditLine() called by the UpdatePrintStatus doesn't appear to be rolling through the POP_POLine. Is there a parm in the mePOState that has to be set after the Create() of form POP_PO? I even populated the POP_POLine_TEMP prior to calling the UpdatePrintStatus incase that was the problem. In a desperate attempt to find the problem I even profiled, but not even one table hit happened with the UpdatePrintStatus. The only field I didn't do anything with was the POFieldChanges. I give up.... Anybody have a s...

Viewing missing Contact list
I stupidly tried to combine PST files without backing each up (don't do this!) Now I can't find my main Contacts folder. I see an older, smaller Contacts folder that cam in from the smaller imported PST. I think it is still in the merged PST (500 MB)because it is larger than it was previous to merging. Any ideas on how to view the important Contacts folder would be very appreciated! stevec <slcolucci@yahoo.com> wrote: > I stupidly tried to combine PST files without backing each up (don't > do this!) Now I can't find my main Contacts folder. I see an older, >...

Account listing total doesn't match actual account
Hey all. I've got an interesting problem that hopefully you'll be able to help with. In the Account List of Money 2004, the total for one of my credit cards shows $33.74. Once I click on the account, however, Money says "You owe: $0.00" which is correct. The total in the account ledger is correct and jives with what the credit card company states. Has anyone else run across a problem like this before or does anybody know how to solve it? It's really weird that the two totals don't match; the rest of the accounts are fine and all match. Thanks in advance!!...

Great Plains should let you select the PO From Service Call Manage
Great Plains should let you select the PO to add to when creating a PO from the Inventory Requirements Window in Service Call Management ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

multiple owner for one account or for example contacts
Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact ??? I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner (crm user). Thans for answer On Aug 11, 3:24=A0am, "Rafal" <rkoczen_1...@o2.pl> wrote: > Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact = ??? > > I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner > (crm user). > > Thans for answer Hi Rafal, No it is not possible to have more than one owner for any records. What you can do is make the "Open Activies&q...

Re-establish broken contact links
I have a client that uses Microsoft CRM Dynamics 3.0 and synchronizes the contacts in CRM with Outlook 2003. It seems that the link between Outlook contacts and CRM contacts has been broken for some contacts which are preventing them from being synchronized. They appear in CRM, but no in Outlook. Is there some way of re-establishing the CRM links for these contacts so that they synchronize with outlook again? I don't want to delete the contacts in CRM because then it breaks the relationship between other activities inside CRM that use those contacts. I had the same problem. I end...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

Pubilc view which displays all the records of a business unit?
Hi We have a requirement where we require to have a public view which displays all the records related to a business unit. ie. a user should be able to see his records as well as the records created by users beloging to his businedd unit,. Please let me know whether this is possible or not. If any one has worked on this please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Archiving single sheets form workbook
Can I have only one sheet auto archive? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a workbook that has multiple pages. Periodically this workbook main page updates. Subsequently, all the other sheets update. The use will select certain sheets to print, archive and send to clients. I there a way to auto archive these sheets only when they are accesse via a hyperlink? Below is a sample I have used for workbooks created that only have on sheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$q$2" Then ActiveW...