How to direct output from Word mail merge to multiple Word documents

Does anyone know if it is possible to send the results of a Word mail
merge to multiple Word documents instead of combining everything into a
single document?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill

0
riddlewk (2)

Choose the "form letters" output.

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
<riddlewk@aeneas.net> wrote in message =
> Does anyone know if it is possible to send the results of a Word mail
> merge to multiple Word documents instead of combining everything into =
> single document?
>=20
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>=20
> Bill

0
suemvp (4038)
8/4/2006 3:22:30 AM
Thank you Sue, but I'm using Outlook 2003.  There is no "form letters"
option, only "Letters".  This option automatically combines the entire
merge into a single document.  I've tried using the mail merge wizard
as well as handling it manually.

It seems like there should be a way to accomplish this.  I want to be
able to output a series of customer letters to individual files and
then take further actions on these files before they are emailed.

Thanks.

Bill

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Choose the "form letters" output.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>      http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
>    and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> <riddlewk@aeneas.net> wrote in message news:1154627898.484999.263860@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to send the results of a Word mail
> > merge to multiple Word documents instead of combining everything into a
> > single document?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Bill

0
riddlewk (2)
8/9/2006 3:10:07 AM
Did you start the mail merge from Outlook? You need to do that for best =
results. You'll see the Form Letters option in the OUtlook dialog.=20

> Thank you Sue, but I'm using Outlook 2003.  There is no "form letters"
> option, only "Letters".  This option automatically combines the entire
> merge into a single document.  I've tried using the mail merge wizard
> as well as handling it manually.
>=20
> It seems like there should be a way to accomplish this.  I want to be
> able to output a series of customer letters to individual files and
> then take further actions on these files before they are emailed.
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> Bill
>=20
>=20
> Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> Choose the "form letters" output.
>>
>> --
>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>>    Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>      http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
>>    and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>>
>> <riddlewk@aeneas.net> wrote in message =
>> > Does anyone know if it is possible to send the results of a Word =
mail
>> > merge to multiple Word documents instead of combining everything =
into a
>> > single document?
>> >=20
>> > Thanks for any suggestions.
>> >=20
>> > Bill

0
suemvp (4038)

Word 2003 Problems
This is happening on 2 different computers: Word 2003 will not directly open a document from the desktop or the My Docs folder (or any folder). File - Open will open the file, but it can't be edited and the mouse won't work, you can't click in the file to go to a specific place in the document. I appreciate any help. You may want to check the "file association" or "file type" that .doc are associated to. Open for instance "My Documents" go to "tools" > "folder options" > "file types" and then s...

Multiple Bar Charts from 1 Worksheet
I have a worksheet where the columns are the years and the rows represent a percentage by school district and content area (e.g. Math, reading, etc.) I want to have 1 bar chart per row, showing each year as a separate bar. I can easily do this for 1 row at a time; however, the worksheet has 189 rows in it. In reading some of the other posts here, I think this can be done, and it uses VBA code, but I'm not sure of what that code would look like. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff On Jul 5, 12:43=A0am, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrma...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a worksheet ...

Word 2003 VB
I woudl appreciate some help with my syntax please.... I am trying to prevent a word form document being left blank. I wrote the following from an example in this community but I get an error message 13 when running it. I have attached this to the Field Exit property. The formfield name is FF1. Public Sub FieldExitMacro() If (ActiveDocument.FormFields("FF1").Result) = 0 Then MsgBox "Sorry, you cannot leave this field blank" End If End Sub Thanks -- Nigel Forge ...

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

Distinct Counts with Multiple Criteria
Each month we produce a complex report in Excel using thousands of rows of data. We've just been asked to add in a new table which needs to use distinct counts based on multiple criteria. I've included an example of the data below. How can I create a formula to complete the results table as I have manually entered below? A B C D 1 NAME DEPT LOCATION TYPE 2 Mary Finance A Primary 3 Sally Finance B Primary 4 Sally Finance B Primary 5 Mary IT A Primary 6 John Finance B Secondary 7 John Finance B Secondary 8 David Admin A Primary 9 John IT B Secondary 10 Da...

Opening Outlook notes in Word
I used to use my Palm software to crease "Memos." Now that I am synching my Treo with Outlook my memos are now "Notes." Problem is, now I can't view and edit my notes in MSWord. How can I convert an individual Outlook note into a Word document? It was simple with Palm: just drag it to the Word button. Please help! Copy and paste the the text into Word and then copy it back again when done editing. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &quo...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Word Pad 2007 Won't remember Font choice
WordPad 2007 on Windows 7 RC refuses to remember the font that I choose. I can't see how to make a particular font default either. It constantly reverts to default font which I don't like as it is hard to read. I can change the font size and that stays changed. I am using WordPad to copy excerpts from web articles and each time I copy another excerpt and place it in the open document the font reverts from my Verdana choice to the default one. I recall having this same problem on Word 97 and my current Word 2002 on other machines. I can't remember how I fixed the p...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

Creating forms in Access or Excel that link to Visio Documents
Does anybody have any experience with creating forms in access or excel that are integrated with Visio? How would I go about doing this? Access by definition can store 'objects', which can include visio drawings. If prompted, don't select display icon a.) create table add oledb field add text field for name b.) open table select oledb field and right click => insert new microsoft visio edit the new drawing and close it c.) create a form based on new table drag the oledb field onto the form d.) open the form what are you attempting to do? al &quo...

No e-mail entry under MY Work
No e-mail entry under MY Work Solved the problem. For some reason some of my Sales users were set for Service. Changed from Service to Sales in the Workspace Options. "Yoram" wrote: > No e-mail entry under MY Work ...

Need help for getting output
have information from different people and want to consolidate it in one single sheet using pivot tabel (without using macro) sample- Data - 1 Name Date Org Status Tiff # Anita 14-Apr-10 it processed 123 Anita 14-Apr-10 it pending 126 Anita 15-Apr-10 datex pending 128 Data 2 Name Date Org Status Tiff Rahul 14-Apr-10 it processed 131 Rahul 15-Apr-10 datex pending 134 Rahul 15-Apr-10 datex processed 135 it is a continues process day by day both data are from different excel sheet want it in one sheet Hi Without using a macro you can only do a manual cop...

Attaching photos to e-mail
Trying to attach photos to a new message but after hitting "attach" the photos don't seem to be anywhere on any drive - though if I open the Digital camer software Camedia (I think) the photos display?? The properties of the photo give the path My Albums/####/####.jpg Ta ...

Calculate How the Number of Specific word.
Valid Expired Valid Valid Expired Is there any way of how can I calculate the number of a word in a column?. For Example I want to Calculate How many [Valid] in Column A. Assume that you are having the below values in A Column Row / Col A Col Row1 Valid Row2 Expired Row3 Valid Row4 Valid Row5 Expired CHOICE 1:- Copy and paste the below formula in B1 Cell =COUNTIF(A:A,A1) Copy the B1 cell and paste it to the remaining cells of B Column based on the A Column Data CHOICE 2- Copy and paste the below formula in C1 Cell =A1&" "&COUNTIF(A:A,A1) Co...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

worksflow sending email to multiple external addresses not possibl
We have a case form on which both the client account (standard entitiy) as well as the responsible vendor account (a custom entity) are linked. When a case is generated, we want the case to be sent to the vendor automatically, using workflow. When creating the workflow to send the e-mail, it does not seem possible to select an e-mail address associated with the vendor (custom entity); only the 'regular' LOGICAL USER/ACCOUNT/CONTACT etc are selectable. Am I missing something here? Grateful, Henri You are not missing anything. You are severaly limited in who you can send to. ...

E-mail ID generation issue
"I created a few new mailboxes, but when I look at the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, nothing is listed on the Email Address Tab. I also manually updated the RUS in the Exchange Suystem manager. It is more than 6 hours since the IDs are created, but still the e-mail field in the AD property is empty. The environment is Exchange 2003 in AD 2000 native mode. Can someone help me pls? Anything in your app event logs, such as msexchangeal 8331 errors? See KB 837444 if so. SP1 fixes this but there's also a hotfix you can get (free) if you call MS. VS wrot...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

Average wind direction
Hi all, One of my students, a meterologist, has asked me how to calculate average wind direction over a period, and I am stumped. He has a column of numbers, representing direction in degrees, and simply wants the average direction for the column. However he is coming across what I guess is a perennial problem, ie: Wind Direction 355 5 where using =Average will give the result 180 - of course the real average should be 360. I've searched this group, and found an earlier post for a similar problem, that suggested the formula: =MOD(DEGREES(ATAN2(AVERAGE(COS(RADIANS(A2:A3))),AVERAGE(SIN(...

Counting occurences on multiple criteria
I have a sheet of business data. There are 3 locations of service and I want to count the numbers o sales in each location over a given time period. Column C has the dates of sales Column H has the location I tried to get count for sales for the current month of June 2004 a location A =SUMPRODUCT((C5:C309>"5/31/2004")*(H5:H309="A")) and I get 0 (which is wrong.) I took out the quotes around the date value =SUMPRODUCT((C5:C309>5/31/2004)*(H5:H309="A")) and I get a number which is much too high and is obviously incorrect. What am I doing wrong -- Mess...

2 part protection in Word 2007
Can you proctect a single word doc on two levels? One level allowing users to fill in the forms fields only. Second level allow track changes to only a certain part of the document. When the user fills in the form fields, track changes does not show it as a change but if a user makes any changes to a body of text, it tracks the changes. Thank you for the wisdom! No, Word's protection mechanisms aren't that selective. Besides, if you're using a protected form, the user can't edit anywhere except in the form fields unless they turn off protection. -- Regards,...

Windows 7 mail
I recently loaded Windows 7. Basically I like it. However, the email program sucks. I read in a blog that "Windows Live Mail" was implemented with the advertising because "the servers most go to had advertising also". I disagree!!!! The servers may have advertising but Outlook/outlook Express did not, thus the reason I used OE. I have a computer training service and I have always installed Outlook Express on my clients machines when setting up their email, due to the fact they didn't want the ads all over the screen. NOW THIS IS NOT EVEN A OPTION. ...

Formatting problems when copying Excel spreadsheet to Word
I am new to Excel, so assume this will be an "idiot" question, but... When I try to copy my Excel spreadsheet into a Word doc. the table will not fit on the page. I have tried to change column widths, but the last column on the right will not appear. How can I fix this? On 5/3/04 4:31 PM, in article ABFFD3E4-3393-447F-88FA-21818002133B@microsoft.com, "MaryLynne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Excel, so assume this will be an "idiot" question, but... When I > try to copy my Excel spreadsheet into a Word doc. the table w...

Not receiving e-mails
I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It will connect, receives and shows number of e-mails, but there is nothing in inbox. Need help to fix if possible. Do you have a filtered view set on your Inbox? Check View | Current View -- what does it show? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:290d01c4281c$330fb800$a301280a@phx.gbl, Taylor wrote: > I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It > will connect, receives and show...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...