how to delete pst?

How can i delete old archives? I delete them manualy in the local
settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook-folder. But there are still in
the mapstructure.
How to delete them.

regards

Peter

YOu did these tasks in the wrong order. You should have right-clicked =
the top of the PST File in the Outlook folder list first, choosing Close =
to remove it from the current profile. Then after shutting down Outlook, =
you could have deleted it.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Peter" <philmarien@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> How can i delete old archives? I delete them manualy in the local=20
> settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook-folder. But there are =
still in=20
> the mapstructure.
> How to delete them.
>=20
> regards
>=20
> Peter=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
5/19/2005 7:46:27 PM
Which version of OL do you use?

I. If you use OL 2K in CW mode:
Go to "Tools", then "Services". Select there "Remove" for each personal
folder file that you want to remove.

II. If you use OL XP or 2003:
Go to "File", then "Data File Management". Select there "Remove" for the pst
files, that you don't need.

Alternatively you can just right click the root folder of your pst in the
navigation pane on the left side. Then select: Close "<pstfilename>"...

Hope this was enough info for you.

Rgds,
Sandor Teglasy jun.
"Peter" <philmarien@hotmail.com> az al�bbiakat �rta a k�vetkez�
h�r�zenetben: j6idnXg3KOnHdhHfRVnyhg@scarlet.biz...
> How can i delete old archives? I delete them manualy in the local
> settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook-folder. But there are still in
> the mapstructure.
> How to delete them.
>
> regards
>
> Peter

0
tegsan (22)

"Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file"
I made a back up copy of my outlook to a cd. Now I am trying top import/add from the back up to another computer. I moved the file from the cd to the new computer and trying to import from there. It doesn't allow me to do so and gives me this error message: "Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file". Can anybody help me with that, PLEASE?!?!?!?!? I think the root cause should be the name of "outlook.pst", you know ,the outlook account is sorted by your username,and its datafile, the *.pst eexactly ,should work in your account,rename the "outlook.pst" ...

.PST file won't open, "is not a personal folders file" error
My problem is the same as the one in this forum http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/lofiversion/index.php/t7672.html I've got XP Pro with Office 2000. I was moving data around new hard drives (onto a new 250GB one) when in the middle of copying, the hard drive died - it will not power on (won't even get warm when plugged in). I was able to recover a fairly recent one using a program called r-studio (http://www.r-studio.com/) from another drive which used to hold that file. My .pst file is slightly over 1GB in size. When opening this .pst or importing a .pst file, it says: "Proper...

Deleteing payee entries
Is there some way to delete/modife entries in the 'payee' list ? Can't seem to locate the file where these entries are stored. Thanks Zork In microsoft.public.money, Zork wrote: >Is there some way to delete/modife entries in the 'payee' list ? >Can't seem to locate the file where these entries are stored. >Thanks >Zork Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees ; select a payee and use Move to combine payees. You can also choose Delete. ...

Deleting a Pick document
We have an issue in GP9 right now that I beleive will require us to delete a pick document. Can anyone tell me all of the tables that I will need to touch to remove this pick document? Here's what happened. It looks like a user issued two parts for an MO. Then, a few weeks later, they changed the issue to location in the picklist to a new location, and attempted to do a reverse issue on the two parts. Something went wrong, and instead of reverse issuing the parts (or asking to add them to the Picklist, which is what happened in testing), GP removed the parts from the system ent...

Cannot backup pst file
I am using OUTLOOK 2007. When i try copying my outlook pst file to a removable storage drive, it comes up with following error message. First somes up with "Confirm Stream Loss" message which I accept and then I get error message "Error copying file or folder" . "Cannot copy Outlook: There is not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files then try again". It offers the option to "Disk Cleanup". I have tried the disk cleanup and no difference. I have checked the available free space on the backup drive and there is 362 gig. My pst file...

Folder Deleted
I have a windows 2003 server R2, I had a shared folder "Database" and under which lot of *.dbf files. All of a sudden the folder & files have one missing. I have checked the Recylce Bin it is not there... I have checked with softwares like Get Data Back, Active Undelete, Recuva, NTFS Undelete all these files have failed to even acknowledge the presence of such a folder. I am begining to doubt if the server had such a folder. Please help... Liju Liju wrote: > I have a windows 2003 server R2, I had a shared folder "Database" and under > which...

OK to delete old log files?
Exchange 2000/Win2000 My backup is having a problem because of space problems on the tape as well as the drive. Incomplete backups (using NTbackup) have resulted in more log files being created after every backup attempt, and the HDD is nearly full. I will probably move the databases or log files to a different drive and then do a backup, but was wondering: If I restart the IS, are all the logs committed to the store? Sure, they are not deleted, but are they still already written to the database? This way, I could delete about 8Gb of previous days logs, free up some space on the server, and ...

Different email account with pst file
Hi, I have three email account pst file A a B b C c Is it possible when Outlook received from different email account, the email will be automatically stored in the correspondance pst file ?? I tried to setup it but Outlook accept ONE default location pst file Thanks Jimmy >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have three email account > pst file >A a >B b >C c > >Is it possible when Outlook received from different email...

How to delete false account in sign in list
When Live Messenger starts it tells me it can't log in. This is because there are two accounts listed in the drop-dowm list that appears on the sign in page. The first is a non existant account and the second is the correct one that works. How do I delete the bogus entry in the drop-down list? NB I have tried going to user accounts and manage my network passwords but nothing is listed there. I have also deleted every entry in the registry that contains the false account name but that had no effect. "Lorne" <Lorne_Anderson@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

how to delete an auto footer
I'm not able to remove an auto footer in my print sheet, I tried view/header and footer but does not work, again I'm geetin that damn footer on my sheets What does "does not work" mean? Do you see the header? Did you delete the header (i.e., select "none" in the dropdown)? Do you have event macros in your workbook? In article <9FE160E5-4B0A-4EFA-990D-E6A75490CA0B@microsoft.com>, "Dool" <Dool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not able to remove an auto footer in my print sheet, I tried view/header > and footer but does n...

Evidence of users who deleted records in MSCRM
Hello everyone, Is there any way to find out who deleted a record in MSCRM or in SQL 2000? I have checked out the SQL logs and checked out SQL Books online and no such luck as to find out who deleted a record in Opportunities. -- JDMcDonnell A+ MCP Certified Afraid not. You could try implementing an auditing solution. There is one from VAST that appears pretty powerful, though I have not used it myself. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF3D8A0-9DCE-4102-A518-EFFDCD5DD805@microsoft.com... Hello everyone, ...

how to delete a file from word. for it not to show again.
on windows 7 I can go to file on word and delete a file and still it shows on open. I have gone on edit and still no way to delete. thank you To delete files from MRU lists (assuming that's what you are asking), see http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "lvurpets55@yahoo.com" <lvurpets55@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9509A9B7-E1DE-4A12-8D0E-733AFE3D09E3@microsoft.com... > on windows 7 I can go to file on word and delete a file and still it shows > on > open. ...

Recover Deleted Accounts?
Yesterday, a user accidently deleted an account from CRM 3.0. Is there any way to recover the account data? I have ran several queries on the AccountBase table in the SQL database to no avail. Restoring from tape backup is not an option. I am mainly wondering if there is a table in the database that stores deleted accounts, or if an account is ever "truely" deleted from the database. I don't know... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, D Initially, the app only logically deletes records by setting the deletionstatecode to 2. The Deletion service will run period...

Delete old email with recipient policy
I'm try to find out how to delete old emails. I was asked to delete all email older that 2003 in our Inbox, Sent Items and Deleted Items. I set up a Recipient Policy to apply to all users with mailboxes on our Exchange Server. I selected the 3 folders and the age to about 830 days for my first report. I noticed that if an email had been moved around it didn't show in the report. I'm assuming the modified date changes and that is what the policy is looking at. Can anyone help me out with this or offer a different solution? Well, it looks at multiple values. From the...

Report option has been deleted
We recently moved a company database to a new server. Now when we try to run any report options in GP, we get this message: "This report option has been deleted since you opened this window." Any ideas? We have many, many report options. Are your reports in a shared dictionary on the server? Does the Dex.Ini still point to the proper location or did you leave the Reports.dic on the old server and shut it down? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http:...

Delete an image from the cell
Delete an image from the cell Hi I am transforming html report content (which is generated using XML and XSLT) into Excel wroksheet. I opened the excel file and delete the image from the cell but the excel does not allow to delete an image. I could not able to find the properties of the cell. How could i delete the image from the cell? Thanks Yuva. Cells can contain constants, formulae, or errors. They cannot contain images/shapes. Images exist in the drawing layer above the sheet, and can be accessed via the shapes or pictures collection. In article <B6561E41-1068-477B-99E3-A...

Delete duplicates from a table
I want to delete duplicate records by comparing 25 fields( basically check all the columns) . I always use distinct to check a single column but not sure how I can check all the fields!! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:28:32 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe> wrote: >I want to delete duplicate records by comparing 25 fields( basically check >all the columns) . >I always use distinct to check a single column but not sure how I can check ...

Delete file locations in Tools>Options>General tab?
I created a publisher document with a catalog merge. I later deleted the merge portion of the document. However, everytime I open this document I get the prompts about reconnecting to the database, etc. In the Tools>Options>General tab I can see how I can modify the file locations for merge fields. But it appears that I cannot delet them. How can I get rid of these annoying prompts withoug completely rebuilding the document from scratch? Thanks ...

how do I get outlook connecter to delete from my hotmail inbox
I am using outlook and the outlook connecter to get to my windows live hotmail. When I delete inbox items in outlook it does not delete from my Hotmail inbox ...

Disable Adding & Deleting Rows/Columns
Is there an option you can set on a worksheet that will disable the user from adding and deleting rows/columns? I have macros set up in a workbook and everytime the user decides to add or delete a column it messes up the macros so I want to disable them from doing it. Thanks in advance. Hi if you have version 2002 and above you can do this via tools / protection / protect sheet first unlock all cells (select all cells / format / cells - protection - untick locked) then choose tools / protection / protect sheet - tick everything except inserting & deleting columns & rows clic...

A Question re Protection: hiding / deleting rows
First: you folks are great! I have workbook with a bunch of sheets. I protect the sheets, but want to let the users hide rows that apply to their needs; I've tried unlocking the rows, bbut once I protect the sheet, I can't hide or delete the rows. Any ideas? Thansk! RN Hi which Excel version are you using. Depending on the Excel version you can for example allow formating rows in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Random NumNuts wrote: > First: you folks are great! > > I have workbook with a bunch of sheets. I protect the sheets, but > w...

Deleting Identities
Hi,, I just setup outlook express to receive email from my husband and my account by using identities. I have the main identity and all messages are coming to my box if I open my identity first. So I deleted my husband's identity and I'm still getting his mail. How can I make it stop. Please email me back. Brandi It sounds like you have his account setup in your identity. To resolve this problem you will need to Open Outlook Express and go to Tools -> Accounts. Select the Mail tab and then you should see two accounts. You can look at the Properties of each to determi...

Outlook deleting mail from server, not downloading.
Hi I have a problem with outlook express 6, that it downloads a list of messages on the SMTP server, then it stops as normal, but - it does not tell how many messages there are/were - it does not download any messages - it deletes the messages off the server - it does not play any sound or show any sign, that it has downloaded anything - it does not show any error or anything. Why this? Everything else seems to work. Would it be possible to update outlook ex by the internet, there is "windows.update", but is there such a thing for outlook express? BR Sonnich Thanks, I have...

delete mailboxes using exmerge
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to delete a mailbox using exmerge and if so is it possible to do the process in batch mode? Thanks, Adam Yes and yes. Just put the appropriate settings in the Exmerge.ini file. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Does anyone know if it is possible to delete a mailbox >using exmerge and if so is it possible to do the process >in batch mode? > >Thanks, > >Adam >. > Exmerge can be setup to download and delete mail - Not a mailbox. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&qu...

Deleting a Matrix Item
Does anyone know how to delete a matrix item? Thanks, Greg On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 20:45:01 -0000, gregfrgusa <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to delete a matrix item? > > Thanks, > Greg -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ You can only delete a matrix if it has no stock and sales best you can do is make it invisible by marking it inactive if it has either of the above Pete ...