How to delete incorrect entries from Dictionary

On occasion, Outlook 2000 recommends a spelling
that's obviously incorrect. I suppose that I clicked on a
word too hastily. I'd like to remove these incorrect entries
but how?

0
Jose2622 (15)

tools, options, spelling, edit dictionary (from any app that supports the
office spell check) - its also available from the spell check screen when
you press F7 or you can search for custom.dic and edit it with notepad.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Uncle Joe" <Uncle Jose@anonymous.net> wrote in message
> On occasion, Outlook 2000 recommends a spelling
> that's obviously incorrect. I suppose that I clicked on a
> word too hastily. I'd like to remove these incorrect entries
> but how?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/19/2005 9:38:42 PM
Cool! That did the trick. Must try to remember this technique.
Thanks a lot!

> tools, options, spelling, edit dictionary (from any app that
> supports the office spell check) - its also available from the spell
> check screen when you press F7 or you can search for custom.dic and
> edit it with notepad.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Uncle Joe" <Uncle Jose@anonymous.net> wrote in message
>> On occasion, Outlook 2000 recommends a spelling
>> that's obviously incorrect. I suppose that I clicked on a
>> word too hastily. I'd like to remove these incorrect entries
>> but how?

0
Jose2622 (15)

How do I restore a deleted task folder
I have Outlook 2007, I am not on an exchange server. I deleted a folder of tasks and it is not showing in my deleted items folder. Thankfully my DI folder was emptied this morning and I only have a few items in it, so I know I'm not overlooking the file. I know that it's there, I can see it in the subfolders list when I click on "folder size" under the "properties for personal folder". I tried sorting the DI foldler by Icon as was suggested, but that's not working. Any suggestions?? Please help! On the left side of the screen, where all the f...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Easier Time Entry

CRM 4.0 Email Router Mailbox not deleting items
We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0. An account and mailbox has been setup called CRM Mail. This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig. Upon further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users. Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them? Are they supposed to be automatically deleted? Also, why are all these emails showing up? Thanks all! The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after being processed by the router. ...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Deleting Leading Characters
I just exported a file from monarch to excel. Unfortunately, some of th columns have a leading (') in each of the cells. I tried using TRIM, bu it did not work. How can I delete the leading character (')? I have 50 rows with multiple columns : -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26923 try replacing ' with "" -- duan ----------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Incorrect information on Check Stub
When printing a batch of checks, on the check stub in the field that we have designated for PO Number the information is incorrect/overwritten. In this case I have 18 invoices to pay on one check, nine of them with legitimate PO Numbers and the other nine with notes pertaining to the Invoice number that have been entered in the PO Number field in GP. Seven of the nine PO numbers have been overwritten with the nine notes that were related to the nine invoices directly under the top nine, i.e. the seven PO Numbers have been replaced and are no where on check stub the other two printed f...

graphic deleting #2
I have made myself a simple macro that copy a cell and paste it 50 cells below. It work fine with text and numbers but I have tried it with graphic recently and strangly enough it is adding a other graphic the same as the first one each time it copies. I have discover that because when I tried to correct my graphic and want to erase the others there was one more graphic to erase each cell down below, very long process and I would like to know why it is doing that and if there is a command to erase all the selected cells contents all at once like the text contents. Thank you very much Show th...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab
Hello -- I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976 SP-3.. If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it. However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help". I have Access on the machine. And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow. Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. L Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.572 / Virus Database: 362 - Release Date...

Deleted Public Folder
Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn't able to UNdelete the item - can anyone advise me why? - It was deleted via OL2000 and I have exchange admin rights. Thanks Jonni were you the owner of the folder/s and parent folder? "Jonni" <jonni@naespam.com> wrote in message news:e2BgN$lPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. > We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn'...

Delete PJournal job
I am performing a new installation and was just wondering if someone could shed some light as to why I would not want to turn on the "Delete PJournal job". In other words, is there any downside to this. Thank you, Craig Craig, It helps the system increase the speed of the posting process. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Craig" wrote: > I am performing a new installation and was just wondering if someone could > shed some light as to why I would not want to turn on the "Delete PJournal > job". In other words, is there any downside to this. &...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

SSL Certificate server name is incorrect
I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1) The SSL certificate server name is incorrect ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder. Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ? TIA Rudy Steyaert Rudy, I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the overall "default web site" in IIS. If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force SSL on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb. As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making use of...

leveling to delete days
I would like to use Leveling (or similar) to delete work days from a lower priority task when there is an overallocation. ie. The start Date and End Date are fixed but the Work changes to reolve the conflict. Is this possible? Hi, Sorry but there is no function in the Scheduling engine that will do that. Leveling will only delay work if necessary to resolve overallocations, never change work or units. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "ellebel...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Not deleting tasks even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...

Bulk deletion not working
Hi All, I have deleted some records via CRM UI. But if i query into DB, the records still stay there for almost 1 week already (with deletion statecode = 2). As my understanding, once the job is deleted, there will be a bulk deletion service that will remove this data from DB forever. Any other way to trigger this deletion service? Thx Carrie Hi, To my understanding the deletion should be executed every 24 hours by the Asynchronous Service. Did you check if this service is started? There is another way to trigger the deletion than just to wait 24 hours. You can find it here explaine...

Exchange 5.5 LAST SERVER DELETE
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...

recover deleted mailbox Exchange 5.5
Hi, as a matter of fact I deleted all the mailboxes of my Exchange 5.5 by deleting the Users that werde synchronized over the ADC in the Activ Directory User Manager. Is there a way tho recover the mailboxes in Exchange 5.5??? Please help! Regards Gerhard "Gerhard Sattler" <xgsrss@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way tho recover the mailboxes in Exchange 5.5??? If you have a backup... -- Juergen Nieveler If you have a backup, yes. Here is the document you need. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/backuprestore.asp -- Martin Blackstone ...