How to customize the length of text preview in desktop alert

How to customize the length of text preview in desktop alert
0
PLK (3)

Customize Products HTML Custom Field?
I'm looking for a way to add a formatted description to my products. I'm thinking of using an html doc per each Product. I will then be able to dynamically update my web site and create catalogs on the fly using Quark. I've noticed that the contol in the Email Activity might be useful. Another issue I've encountered is that I'm only able to add simple custom fields to a form (string, number, pick list etc.) through the Schema Manager. Any suggestions on how I should go about this would be greatly appreciated. []P. []V[]. ...

Custom Tailoring An Access Report to fit an Existing Form Fed Printer Receipt Fo
I work for a State Correctional Facility as the Mailroom Supervisor and Computer Help Desk Representative. While Inmate receipts are still being written by hand there is a Stand-Alone- Computer Receipt System, consisting of a Stand-Alone-Computer, Okaidata 321 Impact Printer, 3 color part copy form fed preprinted/number receipt form, and Lotus Approach Software, that generates Inmate receipts. The flaw with the Stand-Alone-Computer is that when it is used each following day the following days receipt information is lost instead of being captured in a database. I am in the proces...

customizing charts
I am trying to customize a vertical bar chart, where the x axis is the areas being measured and the y axis is the units of measurement. I have been trying to shade a particular range within the overall plot area, not the entire area. Specifically, the y axis range goes from 40 all the way to 160. I just want to shade or fill in a specific range (85 to 115) within that overall range. Is there a way to have that range (85-115) shaded only and the other ranges (116 and higher, and 84 and lower) left untouched? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi, The technique describe here w...

how to display text when a cell>0 ?
Hi there. i have something like this: A B C D 1 hello 1 2 test 0 3 bye 1 Now i want to display hello at D7 when B1>0 So the output should be: A B C D 1 hello 1 hello 2 test 0 3 bye 1 bye How can i do this? thanks, Jan Willem Jan, try this, =IF(B1>0,A1,"") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Janwillem" &...

Send SMS text from Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi, I'd like to know if there is any solution (3r party solution, Web Sevice carrier, ...) to send SMS text from Dynamics CRM 3.0. We need this funcionality to send SMS text from spain, I don't know if the spanish carriers give this kind of solution via web service. Cheers. Santi: I have not had the chance to test this solution, and being a free solution, there may not be any support for it either: http://www.askbeyondcrm.com/askcrm/DownloadSMS.aspx HTH, --MD "Santi" wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to know if there is any solution (3r party solution, Web Sevice ...

Old calendar alerts
I have serveral users that are getting old calendar alerts from months ago. If you try and go back to the event it is not there. Yet everytime you log on or another alert is displayed the old entry is there. If you try and dismiss the alert it barks at you, most likely because it can't find the event. Any suggestion on how to purge these old events so they no longer pop up? Thanks, Mike Busch Starting Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch may do the trick. Jamelia "Mike Busch" <mbusch@remove.wisor.com> wrote in message news:296f701c46530$d8d48b20$a401280a@p...

Find and Replace Text with CarriageReturn
I get a data extract that includes "\n" text. I would like to replace with CarriageReturn using a macro. I cannot seem to make the normal Find and Replace work for this. Rick one way: Cells.Replace _ What:="/n", _ Replacement:=Chr(10), _ LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ MatchCase:=False Regards Trevor "RickT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041b01c3d3e3$25637da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get a data extract that includes "\n" text. I would > like to re...

Custome Label sizing
I am using Publisher 2002 SP3 I have a custom label made in Publisher 98 which does not print properly. I have A4 as default paper size. Page information is: 3 across 10 down Side 0.47cm Top 0.8cm Horizontal 0.31 \Vertical 0.0cm Page size 6.67 x 2.54 I need this to be 7.0 x 2.5 but it is grayed out. How can I change that? Thanks, Robin Chapple What are the dimensions of your labels? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Robin Chapple" <robinski@ANTI_SPAMmelbpc.org.au> wrote in message news:5c4n311f9tdkkqqk0ndg1l1r3irp3rlfpb@4ax.com... >I am using Publis...

Calculating text as values in a row
I am stumped and wondered if anyone could asisst, I have looked through the newsgroup but found nothing similar to me problem. I want to obtain the total number from a text input, in a row (up to 31 cells wide) the following could be entered, FD, AM or PM. These have different values, FD=1, AM=0.5, PM=0.5. If one or more of the above are entered in any of the seperate 31 cells I want a total number. For example, if FD and AM were entered I would expect a total of 1.5. If there were 6 FD's and 2 PM's, I would expect a total of 7. The closest I have got is =SUMPRODUCT(...

Desktop alert for Additional Mailbox
My Outlook 2003 have an additional mailbox attached. I can set Desktop alert to show up on my default mailbox but I can't set desktop alert on additional mail box. Does anyone have a trick to make it work. I use Exchange 2003 server As far as I know rules and alerts will only work with the default mailbox and not additional mailboxes. Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego "Email Man" <Email Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6206245-FB3C-49BD-95CF-ABD7101EF8B3@microsoft.com... > My Outlook 2003 have an additional mailbox attached. I c...

Econnect Custom Requesters
One of my developers created an econnect custom requester for an application. The application is moving from development to production. How can I move the custom requester? ...

Filter query from text box
I have a query that is filtered out by a year. I have a form that the user enters in the year. In the query, if I just put in a year of 2009. It works fine. If I replace the filter criteria to this: [Forms]![frmSalesAnalysis]![Year] I get a ODBC-Failed error. Any ideas. Thanks, Jasper Post SQL of query by opening in design view, click on VIEW - SQL View, hightlight all, copy, and paste in a post. -- Build a little, test a little. "Jasper Recto" wrote: > I have a query that is filtered out by a year. > > I have a form that the ...

Line up text with baseline guide AND have space between paragraphs
I have text boxes with multiple columns and I want to vertically align the lines of text across columns, which I've done by aligning my body text style to the baseline guides. But I also want a space between each paragraph that is smaller than a whole line spacing (in Word it would be 12pt font with space after paragraph = 6pt). I have tried adjusting my baseline guide spacings and my style paragraph settings to every possible combination but I can't seem to achieve this. Settings currently are: body text = TNR 10pt, line spacing 10pt baseline guide = spacing = 13pt, offset =...

How do I set the file attachment options to show above text?
Attachments show inline in Rich Text Format mails and in the header for Plain Text & HTML mail items "How do i set file attachment?" <How do i set file attachment?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:605089D0-86BC-4E9C-B128-527D3E452575@microsoft.com... > ...

Screen size is too small when customizing
For some reason, when I try to edit the Account form and customize it, I can't get the entire form to fit on my screen. If I resize the window, it still cuts off the bottom part and there is no scroll bar available to scroll down. I'm runnning a laptop with Win XP with resolution set at 1024x768. Any ideas? Never mind. I did a ctrl+N and got a scroll bar. "James" wrote: > For some reason, when I try to edit the Account form and customize it, I > can't get the entire form to fit on my screen. > > If I resize the window, it still cuts off the bottom...

Customizing Excel toolbar to add Median function
Is there a way to add the Median function to an Excel toolbar? All I've been able to add is the Insert Function which takes me to all functions -- I would like a button that I could click that would take me automatically to only the Median function. Thank you. -- ksham ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ksham's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16681 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=318931 ...

Text Question
Hello All, Using Excel XP. Is it possible to have certain letters in a text string be moved to a colum of their own? For example I have several rows of text: A ---------------------- 1 FH 2 XH 3 FHT 4 XT 5 FT What I want to do is to move the individual letters in each row into its own colum, an F would always go into its own column, X would go into its own column, H would got into his own column and T would go into its own column. The sequence of letters into their own column will alaways be in this order: F-X-H-T. Every row may have some o...

getting text to wrap around a picture
I am using Publisher XP in Windows XP. After creating a text box and typing in text, I insert a picture. The text doesn't wrap around the picture. Instead, there is a horizontal blank area on both sides of the picture. When I select "format picture" and "Layout" and see the various options (square, tight, through, top and bottom, and none) the only one that makes a difference is through. However, then the picture covers up part of the text. So it comes out looking like "top and bottom" or "through". I've used earlier versions of Publisher and hav...

Excel text flow between cells
I have a formula that dumps a variable amount of text into a cell. Sometimes there is too much text in the cell for it to display properly (at the font size I need), and I was wondering if there was a way to get it to dump the rest of the text (that doesn't fit) into a second cell on a different sheet, sort of like a "Continued from page one" situation. This is the same concept as linked text boxes (in MS Publisher, InDesign, and other programs), where the text from one box flows into the second. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. -- archer904 -----------------------------...

Customizing RMS customer statements
Does anyone know how to add verbage to the customer statements? ie. I want to note what our finance charge policy is on the bottom of the customer statements. In our Store Misc Utility we have many features one of which is enhancement to A/R Statement that allows you to configure different Duning notices for customer that have balanace over 30, 60, 90 etc... As well as allowing you to soft configure and type hearder and footer messages. If you want to know more contact me. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "jord...

Cannot customize Outlook today #2
I have outlook 2000 on some XP pro machines and when they click on customize outlook today nothing happens ...

what is the desktop "cleanup" service ??
As the subject say, what uses the desktop cleanup "service"? I got an info that wanted to "clean" my desktop as some icons haven't been used. Never had that "service" even when I installed the sp3. My system is now reinstalled real clean on a new harddrive using a slipstreamed cd that has winxp sp3. Strange that things behave differently as opposed to just installing the sp3. I just want to kill the watchdog that wants to destroy my desktop the way I like it. Also anyway to also kill the "error msg" that say my firewall isn't ...

Simple file dialog with preview
Hi, My app needs to allow the user to select an image file. What's a good simple & compact method? Last time I checked, years ago, it seems the common method was a CFileDialog wrapper to include a preview window. Another perhaps better method in terms of simplicity was to call Windows explorer while changing the explorers preview mode to "thumbnails." Is this still a viable good method for W2K, XP, and Vista, and if so then could someone please post code. Thanks a million! Paul On Aug 10, 10:36 am, Paul <energymo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My app needs...

customizing a field in customer maintenance screen
I have a field already on the customer maintenance screen that is a user defined field with a data type of string, but this field only allows 20 characters. This field is not long enough and I can't seem to figure out how to allow more characters. So, I created a new string field and added it into the customer maintenance screen. I can see the field and type text into the field but after I save it and go back in, the text is no longer there. I think I need to link this field to the table in some way but I'm not sure how to go about doing that or even what table to link it to...

Customizing and changing the default country in Contacts template?
When entering telephone or address information in Contacts in Outlook 2007, the 'Country' field defaults to 'United States'. Can this default setting be made a user option to customize and change to another country. For users outside of the US, it is tedious to continually have to override it. Outlook will use whatever you have set as the location for your operating system. -- Russ Valentine "djwallac" <djwallac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B0C1448-EFB4-483D-BE9A-11F9723312F4@microsoft.com... > When entering telephone or ...