How to customise the order of folder in Folder List?

Hi,

Currently my Outlook's Folder List view is as follow:
+ 2003 PST
+ Mailbox - My_Name   <- this is my mailbox on our Exchange
+ Public Folders
+ Roger PST             <- This is where the Incoming mails will be
delivered

How can I make it to be shown as follow?:
+ Roger PST
+ 2003 PST
+ Mailbox - My_Name
+ Public Folders

Thanks for any pointers.

,Sur

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Hi Sur,

Outlook automatically sorts the folders in alphabetical order, placing numbers before letters.  To get around this you can preface the name of each folder by a number, or place a "."
(period) in front of folders you want to appear at the top.  In your example, you could place a "1" in front of Rogers.PST to make it display first.

1-Roger PST
2003 PST
Mailbox - My_Name
Public Folders

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "Sur" <nospam@nospam.com>
>Subject: How to customise the order of folder in Folder List?
>Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:54:47 +0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>Hi,
>
>Currently my Outlook's Folder List view is as follow:
>+ 2003 PST
>+ Mailbox - My_Name   <- this is my mailbox on our Exchange
>+ Public Folders
>+ Roger PST             <- This is where the Incoming mails will be
>delivered
>
>How can I make it to be shown as follow?:
>+ Roger PST
>+ 2003 PST
>+ Mailbox - My_Name
>+ Public Folders
>
>Thanks for any pointers.
>

>,Sur

0
scatki (156)

pst folder #2
Please can anyone tell me how to access a .pst file that I was given by my previous employer (made redundant last week). It contains my Outlook personal email folders which I urgently need access to. I have Outlook Express installed and use AOL for emailing. When I try to access the pst folder (on CD) I get a window saying Windows cannot open this file and needs to know what program created it. It was Outlook that created it. Can anyone explain why I can't open it? Many thanks. You'll need to install Outlook, copy the file from the CD to your hard drive, turn off the r...

Rename all folder names to lowercase
How to rename all folder names to lowercase. All examples found with google faild. Anna Hi Anna, Windows doesn't do case sensitive names so you must go through an intermediate name. For example... # Get all folders in the current folder containing upper-case # characters in the name Get-ChildItem | ?{ $_.PsIsContainer -And $_.Name -CMatch "[A-Z]" } | %{ # Get the lower case version of the name $Name = $_.Name.ToLower() # Rename the item to a temporary name, using PassThru to return # the renamed item $TempItem = Rename-Item -Path $_.F...

Recover deleted Public Folder items
A user deleted a public folder and he wants to restore it. It's been less than 7 days, so it's supposed to be retained, I understand. What are the steps for doing this? Tim Hi Tim, Thanks for your post. Based on my knowledge, we can use the following steps to restore the deleted items from Public Folder if you have enable the setting to keep the deleted items it's still within the time: Note: You can check the settings by the following steps: - Open Exchange System Manager. - Expand to Public Folder. - Right click Public Folder Store and then click Properties. - Click Lim...

What Is the Term for Sending Messages to a List, but Recipent Only Sees His/her Address
In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients, but each recipient received the message with only his address displayed. The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is. I have the instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term. Thanks, Dennis BCC (blind carbon copy) or Mail Merge might be what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Dennis Hughes" wrote: &...

"favorite folders" in Outlook 2007
Hi, Can someone show me where the "Favorite Folders" is located in Outlook 2007? In my old Outlook 2003, it is always loacted on the top of the navigation pane. In 2007, it is hidden under "Public Folders", which is too deep in the structure and hence loose its meaning to use it. The menu says that I can turn it on or off by go to main menu/view/navigation pane/favorite folders. But my navigation pane option has only "normal", "minimized", "off" and "current view pane". I don't see "favorite folders" there. C...

Parent Folder Highlighting when Child Folder gets mail
How can an Outlook user be notified that a subfolder receives email if the parent folder is not opened up? As it is, the parent folders doesn't get highlighted. OL2003 doesn't highlight or open folders when subfolders get mail (last I remember although I might be remembering wrong). I seem to remember OL2000 or 2002 doing it but it's a vague memory now. "TiChNi" <TCNICHOLS@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message news:1126556262.611747.288310@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > How can an Outlook user be notified that a subfolder receives email if > the parent folder ...

Outlook Folders
How can I search for outlook folders. not individual emails They are generally here: <C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook> Look for files with extension .pst You may need to unhide the folders because these are hidden by default. I hope you know how to do this but you can ask us if you want further instructions. Also, you need to "untick" the item called "Hide extensions for known file types". hth "sfspec" <sfspec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8339013...

in Frontpage, how to set up startup folder
I would like to have Frontpage 2003 start up in a default folder. How do I change the folder? FrontPage will either start with no folders open, or it will re-open the last web closed. Tools->Options - General tab, tick the box "Open last web site automatically when FrontPage starts" Those are the only choices. My preference is to start with no folders, then choose from File->Recent Sites, or File->Open Site -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. ...

Cannot filter reports by customised fields
Hi all, I've added some additional fields in Opportunity entities however in reporting I get the following error. "Error in formula This field name is not known.. File 4703807d08dee12e.rpt." That happens when I tried to add filtering using the customised fields. Is this a bug? Thanks, Keng Yuen Keng, You need to refresh the report's data source. Use DataBase - Set DataSource Location and chose the same connection to replace it. Stephen "Keng Yuen Lok" <kengyuen@nospam.newgroup> wrote in message news:eYf4%23XsqEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >...

Folder expansion when new mail arrives is failing
Client: Outlook 2003 SP2 running on Windows XP Pro SP2 Server: Exchange 2003 SP1 running on Windows 2003 SP1 This is certainly a minor issue but it is one that has had me scratching my head in wonder for some time now... I have rules in place which route arriving email to subfolders of my inbox. For example, mail from VendorA would go to an email folder named VendorA. These folders are typically collapsed. In most Outlook installations I've used the folders will automatically expand to show any folder that has received a new message. I have, however, encountered a couple sites whe...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

Personal Folder and emails
When I try to open some emails I get this error " Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use. Can you let me know what is the problem and how to correct it. -- karenr ...

Default file folder when inserting attachments Outlook 2007
Using Outlook 2007. When inserting attachments, the default file folder it opens to is My Documents. Is it possible to replace this file folder with one of my choosing? Thanks and have a great day! Donna I know the File location will always be the last place you went to. IE: If the last time you open a document in word was my documents the next time you go to open something it should be at the my documents folder to start. There may be a registry fix to adjust this, but I am not sure unfortunally and would not recommend it. What you might be interested in doing...

List showing documents checked out by me
I'd like to know if this is possible, and if yes, how to set this up? I'd like a list/view that shows all files/documents that are checked out by [me], regardless of what subfolder it's located in within a document library. I use the phrase [me] because I want to setup this list so that it's available to all users of the site, and whenever a user clicks on this item then it shows the documents that they have checked out. I tried setting up this view in my document library, however the results depend on what folder/subfolder I'm in; hence it does not show me ...

Fax/Email to Distribution List
Is it possible using to fax and email to the same DL using OL 2003 and XP Pro? Thanks for any insight. Yes. Emails will be sent first, then each fax number dialed in succession if you have the Fax transport integrated correctly. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <john@qnty.org> wrote in message news:OMk%23s4L7FHA.476@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible using to fax and email to the same DL using OL 2003 and XP > Pro? Thanks for any insight. > Thanks Russ. I didn't know if it was possible. Do you know where I can find information about settin...

Moving Public Folders from 2000 to 2003
Hi, I have two domains. Domain 1 has Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000. Domain 2 has Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003. I need to move the public folders from 2000 to 2003 and keep the Entry IDs intact during the migration as a SQL database relies on them. I thought of using 'exchsync', but it gives me an error "Unable to initialize MAPI interface.". I'm running it from the 2003 server. Suggestions? Thanks, Malcolm I should also mention that I don't care about mailboxes, only the public folders. "Malcolm WTII" <malc@mind...

Benefits of Using Excel Lists?
Excel 2003 now has a Create List option under the Data Menu. From the reading I've done in Help, it says the "Lists" can communicate with Windows Sharepoint Services. For someone who doeesn't have Sharepoint and doesn't plan to use it, is there any benefit in setting up your data range as a "List" rather than just leaving it as a data range? I see that you can insert a Totals Row in a "List", but you can't use the Subtotal command under the Data Menu to get multiple subtotals. I thought maybe when I did a Word mail merge and used the Exce...

how do i copy drop down lists and paste them
I can compose a drop-down list of a few products in excel, but when I come to copy it down the length of the column for a spreadsheet I find the value range also drops down 1 row at a time so after about 5 rows ive lost all the drop down entries. How can I copy the drop-down and paste it as it is the in the first cell? KJP, Make sure that your range reference for your list of allowable values uses absolute range references: Instead of =G2:G5 that should be =$G$2:$G$5 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "KJP" <KJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:521F86DD-ED3A...

Pop3 account not displaying in folders
I set up my comcast.net account in Outlook 2003. The test works perfectly and gives the "congratulations" message. However, the account does not show up anywhere. No email displays and no folders are created anywhere within Outlook. This is the whole purpose I bought Outlook 2003...so I could manage several email accounts in one place. No folders would be created. All mail from POP3 accounts would go into the Inbox folder, which should exist already, unless you create rules to move it elsewhere or turn on the Junk E-mail filter. "DianeM" <DianeM@discussions....

Data Validation List #3
I'm trying to place a drop down list in a cell and it is not working. I placed it on one worksheet, but it doesn't work on the other. I put what I want to drop down (6 items, each in a separate cell), but the list doesn't show. Any suggestions? You cannot use a range of cells, say Sheet2!A1:A6 in Data Validation, but if you name the range as MyList or whatever and use =MyList in the cell in another sheet, it will work, Regards, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ca2d01c42214$941bb2b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to place a drop dow...

Item Price List Copy Error
Hello - I am using GP 9.0 and have been utilizing the "Copy Price List" option from the price list maintenance window. This has not given me any problems in the past. However, now when I go to copy a price list (I select the item#, select the source item #, and then when I go to process, an error message comes up on the report printout that states: "Item in use or has been edited by another user". We have no idea why this is happening as no one else is editing the item. Please advise as to what we might do to fix this error. Thanks in advance! Are you sure th...

Refresh PivotTable Data Field List
Okay, I need some help please. I have a pivot table that has a source from a sheet within the same workbook. I have added a couple of rows to the source and then reset the pivot table to accept the additional rows. Next I edited one of the fields information from "foo" to "foobar". This same field can be used in filtering by choosing the combo box and checking the specific info. However, I noticed that my combobox shows both "foo" and "foobar". I can check "foo" and nothing comes up. I have down Refreshes both coming into the workbook and...

Multi Value list box selects all customer
I have this code as a multiValue listbox but everytime i select which customer i want it select them all, can anyone tell me how i can fix's this thanks Dim varitem As Variant Dim strTempItem As String For Each varitem In Me.lstReportFilter.ItemsSelected strTempItem = strTempItem & " [SalesGroupingField]=" & Me.lstReportFilter.ItemData(varitem) & " Or " Next strTempItem = "(" & Left(strTempItem, Len(strTempItem) - 4) & ")" Have you set the MultiSelect to Simple on the list's property box (it's...

Hiding Contacts in GAL while visible in other Address Lists
I am in the process of collapsing multiple Exchange Orgs into one. One of the Exchange Orgs has numerous third-party contacts in their GAL. I would like to have these contacts reside and be visible in a specific address list but not the GAL of the final Exchange Org (the other Exchange Orgs do not want to see all these contact that mean nothing to them). I have tried by removing the global address list from the showInAddressBook attribute of these contacts (while leaving other address lists). This works for awhile until the RUS restamps the GAL back in. I have also tried by simply setting...

Recently used file list option greyed out in options setting
MS XP professional, sp1; MS Office 2003 I have no idea what happened, but a number of settings in various MS office products suddenly changed. One of those is the option to choose how many recently opened files appear in the 'file' menu. The option ('General' tab on the Tools | Options menu) to set this number is greyed out both in Word and Excel. Any idea why my recently used files list, as well as the option has disappeared? How to repair this? Try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284896&Product=xl2003 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft...