How to create domain rules

Using Outlook 2003
I get many messages from different senders but the same domain,
(newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How can
I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder??
--
neo-Geek
don't mind me, I'm just learning too.

use just microsoft.com in the from field of the rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Larry-Laser" <LarryLaser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2003
> I get many messages from different senders but the same domain,
> (newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How
> can
> I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder??
> --
> neo-Geek
> don't mind me, I'm just learning too.

0
dianenws (1904)
11/27/2004 4:44:02 AM
Użytkownik "Larry-Laser" <LarryLaser@discussions.microsoft.com> napisał w
wiadomości news:AB6A40FD-BF57-487E-AA89-CD8788F48161@microsoft.com...
> Using Outlook 2003
> I get many messages from different senders but the same domain,
> (newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How
can
> I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder??
> --
> neo-Geek
> don't mind me, I'm just learning too.

Gosh, that is simple.  Go to the mailbox. Create a subfolder for a desired
domain. do not go there yet. Call (click) tools->Rules->Mail->New {create
rule or Add a rule}.

Then create the rule:

"On income message if the field from {sender address} cointans {words}
[desired.domain] move the message to [the_folder_you_have just_created]"

{ and } embrace my comments

That is all.
Vlad

Thank you Diane.
My problem is I was trying to use wild cards (ie.. @*.microsoft.com, ect...).

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> use just microsoft.com in the from field of the rule.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Larry-Laser" <LarryLaser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Outlook 2003
> > I get many messages from different senders but the same domain,
> > (newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How
> > can
> > I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder??
> > --
> > neo-Geek
> > don't mind me, I'm just learning too.

Tried it
doesn't work, misses from sub domains.

"MisterW" wrote:

> Użytkownik "Larry-Laser" <LarryLaser@discussions.microsoft.com> napisał w
> wiadomości news:AB6A40FD-BF57-487E-AA89-CD8788F48161@microsoft.com...
> > Using Outlook 2003
> > I get many messages from different senders but the same domain,
> > (newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How
> can
> > I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder??
> > --
> > neo-Geek
> > don't mind me, I'm just learning too.
>
> Gosh, that is simple.  Go to the mailbox. Create a subfolder for a desired
> domain. do not go there yet. Call (click) tools->Rules->Mail->New {create
> rule or Add a rule}.
>
> Then create the rule:
>
> "On income message if the field from {sender address} cointans {words}
> [desired.domain] move the message to [the_folder_you_have just_created]"
>
> { and } embrace my comments
>
> That is all.
> Vlad

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:01:05 -0800, "Larry-Laser"
<LarryLaser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Tried it
>doesn't work, misses from sub domains.
>
>"MisterW" wrote:
>

>> U?ytkownik "Larry-Laser" <LarryLaser@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa? w
>> wiadomo?ci news:AB6A40FD-BF57-487E-AA89-CD8788F48161@microsoft.com...
>> > Using Outlook 2003
>> > I get many messages from different senders but the same domain,
>> > (newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How
>> can
>> > I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder??
>> > --
>> > neo-Geek
>> > don't mind me, I'm just learning too.
>>
>> Gosh, that is simple.  Go to the mailbox. Create a subfolder for a desired
>> domain. do not go there yet. Call (click) tools->Rules->Mail->New {create
>> rule or Add a rule}.
>>
>> Then create the rule:
>>
>> "On income message if the field from {sender address} cointans {words}
>> [desired.domain] move the message to [the_folder_you_have just_created]"
>>
>> { and } embrace my comments
>>
>> That is all.
>> Vlad

Isn't there something consistent on those domain names?

Go for a rule that has "specific words in the sender's address".

If "microsoft.com" does not work for all messages, you can have more
than one "Or" entry in that area.

Michael Kenward                                          Words for sale
0
kenward (25)

Domain rename with CRM
Hi, Im currently testing the domain rename tool and have sucessfully renamed my domain within a test environment (with exchange) Our company also uses MS CRM, a product which i know very little about, but i do know it sets up its own OU etc. Does anyone have any experiences in renaming a domain with CRM, Sharepoint, Great plains ? Anyone seen any issues, or had an experience of it working correctly? Thanks. I know that the domain rename tool is very risky. I have not heard of anyone trying it with CRM. As you are already doing, try it in a test environment and then when you try it in pr...

Creating Date Range in Pivot Microsoft Query
I have a pivot that I've connected to our SQL db using the MS Query. I'm having two problems with it: 1. In Access I create a date range to see dates between 3 and 15months ago with the SQL statement " WHERE (Trx.TrxDate) Between (Date()-485) AND (Date()-120)" - no problem in Access but not the MS Query program. When I do it through the Excel MS Query it says the Function 'date' is not valid. How do I describe the current date in the MS Query program? 2. In the same wizard I cannot combine two fields (in Access I would use Expr1: [Field1]&", "...

Rule to run script
I want to forward the last days worth of messages to a specific email address if an email is received with a keyword in the subject. Is there any way to do this with a rule other than running a script? I have no idea what the script would look like if I had to create one (though I am a programmer). Any suggestions? I think you can od it with a Rule. Make the Rule and use the Run Rules Now function. If subject contains xxxxx AND if received between X date and Y date then move to folder. You'll have to edit the rule to run it for another day's email, but it works. Regards Judy ...

How to create a pie chart with 793 numbers? Possible?
Hi, I've been trying to create a pie chart with 793 numbers on one single colum, the column consists of various numbers and i would like to take a percentage of numbers on the column, for example there are 100 tens ranging from cell A1 to A99 and 500 1's ranging from cell A100 to A699 and other numbers, is it possilbe to create a pie chart with that many numbers? -- Every time i tried to create the pie chart using the chart wizard, the finished chart will always shown with so many different slices, any tips on how to create the pie chart would be greatly appreciated thanks in adv...

create Add-ins toolbar
hi, i have created Add-ins what i want is i want to create toolbar for that add-ins. When i add add-ins into my home excel toobar have to come Automatically. or when i add add-ins into others computer toolbar should come Automatically Thanks Shital shah Hi Shital, Check this post by Jan Karel Pieterse: http://tinyurl.com/ytqsp --- Regards, Norman "shital" <shahshital@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:ab4b01c43678$9d79d800$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > i have created Add-ins what i want is i want to create > toolbar for that add-ins. > When i ...

Create and open message issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange For some reason, whenever I open a message or click to generate a new message in my Entourage, it only opens in the top left area of my screen and I have to drag it to centre to work on it etc. Any idea if this is a setting issue or something else pls ? Unfortunately there is no way to change this in Entourage 2008. Hopefully it will be fixed in Office 2011 due out later this year. On 2/20/10 1:01 AM, in article 59bb3261.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "DeanR@officeformac.com&qu...

setting up a second front-end on single forest/domain
I'm new to supporting Exchange and have only a few months on the job with them so this might be a newbie question that is a no brainer to more experienced exchange admin's. The simple question is how I add a second front-end to my exchange setup. We currently are setup with the following configuration: (1) front-end and (3) back-ends all on w2k3 SP1 servers all running Ex2k3 SP2. This is all one domain, on one forest. The current FE server will be off support in a few months and our policy here says all production servers must have a support contract, so this FE will have to be repl...

How to create tasks in Lotus Notes from OneNote
Lotus Notes is my companys email and calender application. I use OneNote as a pesonal productivity tool. I will like to automatically create tasks in Lotus Notes from OneNote (just like on can create Outlook tasks from OneNote). Is this possible please? How? Thanks Not possible natively. You might be able to find a powertoy/add-in from a third-party or script something yourself to do it, though. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook...

OL2002 Rules Wizard Order?
Hello, Does anyone know if the rules wizard on OL2002 runs each rule in turn against all folders or, all rules against each folder in turn? I'm trying to order my rules into some sort of working order but don't seem to be getting the results i'd expect. Cheers, <M> the rules run only as new mail arrives and in the order listed - add a stop processing action to rules if messages are affected by more than they should be. -- "<M>" <mike.dinnis@tesco.net> wrote in message news:1136569756.747441.159760@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, &...

using data tables to create XML
So I created my dataset class. Then added my datatables and the columns to the data tables. What I want to do is when I fill the datatable have one of the columns be another datatable so that I can create my complex type when I get the XML. So lets say I have two tables Stop_Location and Stop_Address Table Stop_Location Column Stop_Name Column Stop_City Column Stop_Address Table Stop_Address Column Stop_Address1 Column Stop_Address2 Then when I fill table Stop_Location I would like Stop_Address to actually be the columns from table Stop_Address. I tried to mak...

New virtual server always creates ExchWeb
Hi, we have a problem getting OWA to work correctly through our content switch. In our test-domain, we have 2 virtual servers running on the same IIS server, both a unique IP. When you create a new vertual server, a new web is created, and in that new web, Exchange automatically creates a virtual directory called ExchWeb. Is this hardcoded in Exchange 2003? We need to be able to change this in a way, because our content switch (Cisco CSS 1100) routes user requests to 1 destination based on the content. What happens, is that if users connect to the non-https server with url http://som...

SMTP public folder replication between 2 domains
I have two 2003 exchanges in separate domains. (There is no trust set up between domains) Both companies have a calendar public folder that they would like to have in sync (up to 1 hour lag is OK) I am guessing there is a way to set it up for SMTP replication, but not sure where to start. Has anyone tried this set up? Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 06:33:01 -0800, Fant�mas <fant�mas@scotland yard.net> wrote: >I have two 2003 exchanges in separate domains. (There is no trust set >up between domains) Both companies have a calendar...

Creating users with an account other than sa
Oneof the new features with version 8 is the ability to create users, companies etc without being logged in as sa. I cannot find out how to do this! The GP What's New says: Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by a Great Plains administrator. Examples of these tasks include making backups, creating companies, and creating new user IDs. The help file says: You must be logged in ...

Matching text in a cell to a list of values created by a formula
Hi Gents, Hoping this makes sense... I have a list of team names, where the results of the list were create by a formula: =IF(F2>=D2, E2, C2). The score of the game determine which team is returned. Another worksheet contains a list of participants, with the team the picked that week. I want to match the team they picked to the list o winners on the previous sheet. If it is found, return "Winner". I not found, return "Loser". This is the second formula I used =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,Schedule!$G$2:$G$17,0)),"Winner", "Loser"). M problem is it ma...

Help with creating a formula...
Hi everyone, I am trying to set up an excel spreadsheet that does the following calculation: (enter Number) Is Percentage of (enter number) User Inputted Number Calculated by excel User Inputted Number Any suggestions or tips? Thanks in advance! Rick D. If I understand this correctly, you want to divide the # in Column A by Column C and display it as a percentage Column A Column B Column C 1 Enter column titles in this row 2 Entered # B2 ..Calculated # Entered # In cell A2 and...

Rules
Could someone please tell me, while creating a rule, and adding conditions, is there anyway to reverse the way they work? eg. I want to turn the condition "sender is in specified address book" into "sender is not in specified address book" Any ideas? Cheers ...

How can I create and print an A3 sized page on publisher?
I would like to make a mock tabloid newspaper front page for a project. Is it possible to make a page on publisher A3 sized and then print from this? Can your printer print A3? Setup your printer first, then the page. If your printer can print A3 then there is no reason why you cannot setup a mock newspaper. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DESPERATELY SEEKING A3" <DESPERATELY SEEKING A3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:345A384C-4EC7-4434-B766-5B8F8AE5C693@microsoft.com... >I would ...

local domain emails don't direct to smart host
There are two back end exchange 2000 which hosts a part of users separately. All two servers set a same smart host which is another MTA in ISP. How can an internal email going from one exchange to another exchange without going to smarthost? Thanks!!! In news:uL49DfN6EHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Peter <peter@vernon.asiasoft.com.hk> made a post then I commented below :: There are two back end exchange 2000 which hosts a part of users :: separately. All two servers set a same smart host which is another :: MTA in ISP. How can an internal email going from one exchange to :: another ex...

Forwarding S/MIME accross domains
Has anyone else seen this problem... Sender sends a signed message with an embedded signed message (different signature) to two recipients (across domains or through the IMS). Recipient (A) can open message and embedded message on an Outlook 2002 machine. Recipient (B) can open out message but not embedded generates "error in the underlying security system" message. Recipient (A) can forward the message to (B) and he can now read all messages. Recipient (B) can create a new message and insert the "errored" message into the message and send to himself and he can now open a...

Another user is creating this item
Hi, I can't create items on item maintenance window i get this error 'Another user is creating this item'. I cleaned SY00800,SY00801,ACTIVITY,DEX_LOCK,DEX_SESSION but it didn't work. please help Hi, Running checklinks on Inventory series, at least for Item Master logical tables, will allow the system to remove orphaned records. Look into third party modules integrated with Inventory, this may also trigger your specific error message. Let us know how you go. Dennis Araullo, MACS MCTS GP,CRM,AX MCTIP Database Administrator 2008 CCEA "GP...

Creating stationery
I have created stationery but the pictures are not shown in the received email I am going to assume you know how to create stationery. So that leaves only one other question. What is the path where you put the html code and the image files? If you did not put them here, try putting them here: C:\Users\ Your User Account \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Stationery If that doesn't work then check to make sure you are using the full path to your image files and that there are no mistakes in the spelling or the code. akeenan;1642127 Wrote: > I have created stati...

Multiple Domains with OWA
Hello, I currently have an NT4.0 Domain and a Windows 2003 Domain. The windows 2003 Domain is running Exchange 2003. I have begun the process of migrating users from the NT4 Domain to the 2003 Domain. So far I have all of their mailboxes created and attached to their respective NT4 account. My users connect to e-mail via OWA when offsite. My problem is that the OWA login prompt has a default domain at the top. So I have to constanly explain to my users that they need to type in "NTDOMAIN\USERNAME" when logging in via OWA. As many of you know, training non-IT people to do thin...

Properly Adding New Domain
When I add a new SMTP domain to Exchange, what are the proper settings when setting up the new domain in DNS? I added the new SMTP domain as a new zone in DNS, then set up a Host record for the mail server. I then set up an MX record for the newdomain. The MX record has two spots for the FQDN, one that automatically pulls the new SMTP domain, but the second is blank and asks for the FQDN of the mail server. Is this the new smtp FQDN or the local domain FQDN? I did the above steps and created an MX record with the new SMTP in the first FQDN and the .local domain FQDN. I did a /flushdns ...

Creating A Excel Formula Question
Hello, I hope someone can assist me. I am somewhat new to Excel and hate to ask stupid questions, but believe what I want to do is possible with a formula. I'll try to explain that what and why so it makes since. I have a spreadsheet that is used in the calculation of sales commissions. The salesperson has a sales goal, among other things, the spreadsheet calculates their monthly performance to goal when we key in their actual sales for the past month. It displays their performance to goal as a percentage. Then, there is a table. If a salesperson is at 90% of their goal, they get on...

All Domain Msgs > Single Mailbox
Does anyone know how I can configure 5.5 to send all messages sent to a domain to one mailbox? Thanks i.e: A server is setup to receive email for 2 domains: a.com b.com a.com is the main domain and routes to every user on the Server as you'd expect. b.com is old and not used but it still can't be deleted, instead we want to send all messages sent to that domain (despite prefix) to one mailbox. I don't think this is possible in 5.5 even with third party tools... Iain wrote: > Does anyone know how I can configure 5.5 to send all > messages sent to a domain to one ma...