How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted

Hello out there!

I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds
of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other
tasks that have yet to be completed.

I've searched help and rung the customer support line but
to no avail.

Anyone know how?

Would be much appreciated.

Paul
0
paul431 (1)

Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed
equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter
button).

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:656501c42e8e$00c46080$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Paul wrote:

> Hello out there!
>
> I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds
> of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other
> tasks that have yet to be completed.
>
> I've searched help and rung the customer support line but
> to no avail.
>
> Anyone know how?
>
> Would be much appreciated.
>
> Paul

Problem viewing customer transactions in SBF
User is receiving this error when he attempts to access customer quotes, orders, invoices, or returns in Small Business Financials: "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Small Business Financials and log back in to recover transactions." Any idea how to fix this? When a user starts in SOP, it creates a batch using the user name as the batch name. Sometimes when the system crashes, that batch is not deleted. Then, it cannot be created again as the user is try...

Outlook viewing attachments
When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text together as they should be, when going directly to att.net. Also, same on iphone. On Outlook, however, the pics show up as attachments and each must be opened separately. I am sure there is a setting to make them show in the main body of the message. Can you help me? "kenh" <kenh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C81693E-C419-4B81-A398-F34C78E36DF4@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text > together as they sho...

OWA
SBS 2003 SP1, Exch 2003 SP2, FBA w/ SSL. If I add/delete a calendar event via OWA, I get a 5.1.7 NDR in my Inbox (pasted below). The calendar item is added/delete, and I see it in OWA or Outlook. I haven't seen any other posts similar to this, nothing on MS support. Any clues? ========== Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: System Attendant on 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or t...

Completely Turning off Junk Email Filtering in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to completely turn off Junk Email filtering Outlook 2003? We want all emails, regardless if spam, to go directly to every users' Inbox. Thanks. That's a first, but from the end user standpoint Tools | Options | Preferences | Junk E-mail. Only other way I can think of is when the profile is generated (assuming CIW is in use) and Exchange is in use, is to turn off cached mode. "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C250A388-DEFA-4402-8449-80FF3FC91B4C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to completely turn o...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

how do I have contacts and companies name is tasks
I'm new to outlook, When I create field chooser and have the Company Name & Contact name in fields Sometimes both Company name & Contact name shows up when I schedule a task. (That is what I want) However most of the time only the contact name shows up??? and no Company Name? Does anyone know why this is inconsistant? And How I can display both all the time? Thanks in advance Mike iselltape@cox.net ...

Tasks in Outlook 2002
When I read tasks within the TODAY Window the date for all tasks is one day less than if I view the same task in the TASK Window. I am running Windows XP Anybody encountered this before? ...

My XPpro won't boot completely or run any programs
On booting my computer this morning (yes, 10 hours ago) I began receiving bcmwltry.exe errors that the application failed to initialize (0xc0000006) etc. The option is to close the application by selecting yes. About 10 seconds later the error message would pop up again. My computer will not finish booting up. The background is visible but I have no start menu or bar, also nothing on my desktop. I did a google search for this error and found some suggestions. All of them said to run msconfig and uncheck bcmwltry from the menu. They also advised to delete the bcmwltry.e...

Create MDI Child inside a thread?
I have attempted this through a CWinThread derived class but have been unable to get the window creation to work correctly. This is what I have so far: BOOL CSecurityFrameThread::InitInstance() { CRuntimeClass *pRT = RUNTIME_CLASS( CSecurityFrame ); CFrameWnd *pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)pRT->CreateObject(); CCreateContext ct; ct.m_pCurrentDoc = NULL; ct.m_pCurrentFrame = (CFrameWnd *)m_pParent; ct.m_pLastView = NULL; ct.m_pNewDocTemplate = NULL; BOOL bSuccess = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_TRUSSVIEWER, WS_VISIBLE | WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_CHILD...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Toolbox wizard to create Command Button
Access 2003 Windows XP Professional I used the Control Wizard on the Toolbox to create a Command Button to close the form. When I try to use it it will not run and returns this error message - The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Expected: list separator or ). * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro. Any ideas why? I'm at a loss. Check to see if you haven't changed the name ...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

Task Manager
My work is based on projects that are email oriented. A specific project is rec'd, forwarded, replied to until it is complete and that email is closed. I am trying to use Task Manager to help organize these emails. I transfer an email to Task Manager by dragging it to the TM icon so that it saves it with the text in place but when I try to forward my response to someone else thru TM, it always forwards as an attachment. I know there is a way to forward these emails so that they show up in someone else's Inbox with the text displayed but I can't figure out how to do it! I ...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

rules created in Outlook 2003
I have a client who uses a lot of rules within Outlook 2003 to sort her mail. She is now getting this error when she attempts to create a new rule: "One or more rules could not be uplodaed to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." Anyone have any ideas on how I can allow her to create more rules? Thanks. Hi, See this, e2k/e2k3 have the rules limit: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147298&Product=exch2k There"s...

Problem with copying and pasting tasks and keeping predecessors in
I am doing a consulting project for an organization that has a bit of an unusual request. We are doing a conversion from an old mail system to Microsoft Exchange 2007. We have developed a checklist for the technicians to follow with about 50 detailed tasks (things like, "Open up Exchange Management Console", "Assure the 'Forward' Button is unchecked", etc.). The CIO expects me to enter each of the tasks from the checklist into the project plan. Instead of having a line on the project plan with a task, "Covert Leroy Smith's Mailbox" wi...

task pool in outlook/exchange
Is it possible to have a shared "task pool" where there a bunch of tasks assigned to no one, but which people take or a manager assigns? We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, but can upgrade if this feature exists in 2007. Thanks, Dino it is not a feature in outlook or exchange 2007. you could use a public folder or a SharePoint list for this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: da...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

OUTLOOK TASKS #4
EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THE TASKS ON MY OUTLOOK THE HOURGLASS APPEARS FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN IT SAYS MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. IT DOES THIS EVERYTIME! HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? (IT JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED DOING THIS AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING JUST FINE!) THE TECHNICAL ERROR SIGNATURE IS AS FOLLOWS: APPNAME: OUTLOOK.EXE MODVER: 10.0.2627.1 APPVER: 10.0.2627.1 OFFSET: 001EE955 MODNAME: OUTLIIB.DLL THANKS! ...

SP2 fails to complete
Server 2000 SP4, Exchange 2003 SP1 SP2 install fails to complete, somewhat similar to KB 919076 but without interupting mail flow. Error message from install routine: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services failed. Error: 0xc107041d - 0xc007041d - The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (EXIFS) Looking in event viewer showed that error maessage immediatly preceeded by Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 5.0.2195.6620, stamp 3de2893b, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug...

How to create a formula?
What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message news:eDXC$INMHHA.5064@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the > result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. > As I said I copy and paste the formula already, but how do I...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...