How to compress .pst in Outlook 2000

Can't find any way to do this. My .pst just keeps on getting bigger despite
clearing out Sent & Deleted items folders etc.

Any ideas?

You *compact* it.
refer here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196890

"Dave Wakefield" <DaveWakefield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can't find any way to do this. My .pst just keeps on getting bigger
> despite
> clearing out Sent & Deleted items folders etc.
>
> Any ideas?

0
BillR9171 (440)

Outlook crashes when deleting messages
Outlook 2003 restarts itself when I delete any read messages , can someone give me a clue as to why this happens , am using winxp Try some of the steps listed here, it could be one of your emails is corrupted: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/deletemessage.htm -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Leonard Rowe" wrote: > Outlook 2003 restarts itself when I delete any read messages , can someone > give me a clue as to why this happens , am using winxp >...

Outlook 2000 forwarding emails.
I am trying to automatically forward an email to a distribution group.I have used the rules wizard. The email will be sent to all but members that are external to my network. The external memeber is the most important one. What's the problem?? I had a similar problem - I think that you will find that if your outlook is running when the forwarding is to occur - it will work. But when you are not online it does not. That is because the address in your distribution list is local to your machine only. In my case, my administrator set up a distribution list at the exchange server with th...

outlook 2002 dups
when i download it shows my account being downloded twice and i get many dupes. what can i do? thnaks ...

BCC (Outlook 2002)
When I send a message to a group of people and I send it BCC (Blind Carbon Copy), how come the receivers get the message and it says, From and To which both happen to be my name. How can I get my name from not appearing in the To line? Shouldn't the receiver see From (me) and To (their name)? No, that's not how BCC works or how Outlook works. No address put in the BCC field will show up in the message when it arrives at the recipient's end -- that's how the addresses stay "blind". If you don't put anything in the To field, your ISP may either bounce the...

Outlook 98 Advanced Find error
When I perform an Advanced Find I receive the error "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display the view. The folder already exists." Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Amanda Minneapolis ...

Outlook 2002 not working/Outlook Express is working_Help!
My Outlook stopped working last Friday, I'm not receiving any new emails, I cannot move any files that are in my inbox to any subfolders, and I'm not sure if the emails that I send are even getting to where they are supposed to go! I work for an advertising business and these emails are very important! I also have Outlook Express on the computer and I just checked it and it is receiving all of my emails. Outlook is set as the default and I've tried restarting the computer as well as removing Outlook and re-installing it and nothing works. Any feedback is appreciated! You...

compressed drive for exchange db and logs
Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:51 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? > Yes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318116/en-us/ ...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

Opening Links from Outlook 2007
Some time ago, opening a link from an email message in OL2007 stopped working. What will work is if IE8 is closed, then the first link will open IE and the correct link. Any clicks on other links does nothing. Any ideas. P.S. It all works fine in Mozilla. Is firefox the default browser? Go into IE's Tools, Folder options and reset web settings - confirm its working then set FF as default, if desired. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: d...

outlook
my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - help? Do you also have Word 2002? alex wrote: > my outlook 2002 can not seem to find it's 'word editor' > how/ what do I need to fix this? I have already checked > the box under mail setup re: using word - but the error > continues to popup and say it's busy or can not be found - > help? ...

outlook vs oe default
ok, so I have outlook 2003 installed as my (admin user) default email. the other user (limited) uses oe, no problem. however, when other user attempts to right click pics to "send to mail receipient" it opens a outlook new message window and when send is clicked it never reaches its destination (presumably as outlook is not default client for this user) what to do? thanks and I forgot to mention (if I need to) that I cant change the oe for the limited user to default mail client since, I guess, the user is limited. the change doesnt take. if I were to change it by run...

How to change Menu font in Outlook 2007?
Hi I hate new ClearType font in outlook2007, i can turn off Cleartype and change mail font, but cant change Menu font, now it use Segoe or Calibri without ClearType and it look awful. Thx No, it always uses Segoe UI. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR): http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschm...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Sync Laptop/Desktop Outlooks?
Whats the best way to sync laptop/desktop versions of Outlook XP? Hello Bob, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful synchronization tool. -- Thomas Wetzel Synchronize or backup your Outlook quick and easy. www.synchpst.com ...

Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 on the same PC
I need to keep Outlook 2002 and install Outlook 2003 but getting message saying Previous verions of Outlook must be removed to install Outlook 2003. Is there a way around this so I can have both versions. Yes you can install outlook 2003 and then reinstall outlook xp "abissoondial@verio.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26b401c3a957$512a2030$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to keep Outlook 2002 and install Outlook 2003 but > getting message saying Previous verions of Outlook must > be removed to install Outlook 2003. Is there a way &g...

Cannot start Outlook Express
When I attempt to start Outlook Express I get the following error message. Can anyone help me out ??? MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.DLL at 015f:5f19d33a. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=5f19d33a EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0056f6e4 EBP=0056fa30 ECX=00000000 DS=0167 ESI=00000104 FS=596f EDX=0056f7f8 ES=0167 EDI=0056f9f8 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 08 52 50 ff 91 b8 00 00 00 3b c3 0f 8c b8 00 Stack dump: 00000104 00000000 bff850e2 00000000 00000000 0056f81c 5f19d299 00000000 0056f714 00000108 5ec29350 bff850e2 8130d020 01bf2022 00000001 00000000 John...

Mny 2000 I think I'm sc****d
After reformatting & reinstalling, Money 2000 won't restore my backups (see previous posts). I ran an error check on the floppy--it has multiple errors. Some were automatically corrected but I got 2 mssgs that there is not enough room on the floppy to correct error. Tried to copy the floppy to my hard drive with Win Explorer and in DOS--couldn't do it. Is there anything else I can do to retrieve any of my data? From your description, I think you're sc****d as well. You might try the floppies on some other machines--sometimes you can get lucky this way, other times ...

Allowing my phone to sync with Outlook 2002
I sync my contacts with my phone on a regular basis. Is there a way to permanently permit my phone to sync without the dreaded "A program is trying to access your outlook data" popping up every time? TIA Check with the manufacturers of your phone sync software to see if they have an updated version that gets around Outlook's security prompts. Also read the following: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message...

Outlook won't go away
I have a strange problem in that when I close Outlook 2000 on occasion, it is still active in the running processes list. Word is starting to do the same thing, but Outlook is the most annoying to sometimes have as many as 3 instances of Outlook running and only one instance on the task bar. Any ideas? They would be most appreciated. ...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Long URL hard wrap in plain text e-mails in Outlook 2003
When I send an plain text e-mail in Outlook 2003 containing a long URL (beyond 76 characters), this breaks the long URL where users cannot click on the complete URL. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 I could change the plain text to Quote Printable to avoid this issue. How can I do this in Outlook 2003? I do not want to change the text format from plain text to HTML or Rich Text, I need to use plain text. Thanks. I found my answer and this solves the problem for me in Outlook 2003: Line Wrapping Does Not Appear As Expected When You Send E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

html signature in outlook express 6
Any ideas how to insert a html signature in outlook express 6? Iv'e tried but the thing doesnt show up at the end of sent emails. howard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any ideas how to insert a html signature in outlook > express 6? Iv'e tried but the thing doesnt show up at the > end of sent emails. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

outlook 2003 asks for domain logon credentials
I have 1 user only that is prompted for his domain user name and password when he goes to open outlook. It has the lastest SP for XP pro(IAW with MS instructions) The account was set for normal password authentication. and this is the ONLY user account that is having a problem. (both domain user and exchanges accounts have been deleted and recreated) Does anyone have any ideas???? "Ron" <Ronald.kapise@rheinmain.af.mil> wrote in message news:c7f601c438c3$e78a1160$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any ideas???? This is definitely controlled by the profile on th...

how do i set up microsoft office outlook account
I'm trying to set up an microsoft outlook 2003 account, but i don't understand the terms used in questions, such as: pop3 email, what do i type in space. What is incoming serverpop3, & outgoing server smtp & what do i type in space provided? I assume you do have a mail account setup with somebody ( HotMail/Yahoo etc), if not you will have to create one. Most of them are free! If you have an account, or have just set one up. Log on to their site with your browser and search the help for something like "Using Outlook" and there should be a page telling you what ...

Junk mail filtering in Outlook 2003
How can my users enable junk-mail filtering from Outlook 2003 without having access to OWA ? I can't find the equivalent of the Enable junk-mail filtering switch in Outlook 2003 ? Any help appreciated. TIA Rudy Steyaert 1) Navigate in Outlook 2003 to the menu 2) Tools | Options 3) Goto the Preferences Tab 4) Click Junk E-mail... button 5) Options Tab Geoff Pearce Nemx Software "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eRepsaNzEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can my users enable junk-mail filtering from Outlook 2003 without havin...