How to choose which account to send mail

Hi there,

Outlook 2003

I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the
other private.
How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e-
mails from my private account and other times from my work account.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

--
Regards,

Deon H
0
REMOVEdeon (28)

On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote:
HI,

Before sending the mail u can check in program
"Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail-
id of the current configured account.(which is activated).

May be this is your problem's solution.

-Thanks
Harry

"Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Outlook 2003
>
> I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the
> other private.
> How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send
> e-
> mails from my private account and other times from my work account.
>
> Your advice will be much appreciated.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Deon H

I don't know about 2003 specifically, but if you open a New Message or a
Reply window, look for an "Accounts" button alongside the "Send" button.
Use the down-pointing arrow to expand the list of accounts and click the one
you want as the "Sent From" account.

    Carmine Castiglia
    http://www.infosystemspro.com
    PalmOS apps for engineers and machinists

0
ccastiglia (13)
2/7/2007 10:56:13 AM
"Carmine Castiglia" <ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote in

> "Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Outlook 2003
>>
>> I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and
>> the other private.
>> How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I
>> send e-
>> mails from my private account and other times from my work account.
>>
>> Your advice will be much appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Deon H
>
> I don't know about 2003 specifically, but if you open a New Message or
> a Reply window, look for an "Accounts" button alongside the "Send"
> button. Use the down-pointing arrow to expand the list of accounts and
> click the one you want as the "Sent From" account.
>
>     Carmine Castiglia
>     http://www.infosystemspro.com
>     PalmOS apps for engineers and machinists

Carmine,

you were so right. Thank you so much. It works in 2003 also. Now I have
to figure out how to let new mails for account one go to a seperate
"profile" than that of account 2.

--
Regards,

Deon H
0
REMOVEdeon (28)
2/7/2007 11:42:17 AM

> you were so right. Thank you so much. It works in 2003 also. Now I have
> to figure out how to let new mails for account one go to a seperate
> "profile" than that of account 2.

If you REALLY want to do that, then you need to a) set up a new profile in
Control Panel-Mail and b) set up one account in the new profile, and remove
the same account from the old. Be aware however, that you cannot switch
profiles without first closing Outlook. A far better solution is to manually
create a folder within Outlook for one of the email accounts, and set up a
Rule to move all emails sent to that account into it.

HTH

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/7/2007 12:00:40 PM
> Carmine,
>
> you were so right. Thank you so much. It works in 2003 also. Now I have
> to figure out how to let new mails for account one go to a seperate
> "profile" than that of account 2.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Deon H

Deon,

Right-click on Outlook Today or Inbox in the folder list and select "New
Folder" from the context menu.  Name the new folder "Inbox - Home Account".
Create a second folder and call it "Inbox - Business Account" (or whatever).

Now find Tools -> Rules Wizard (may be different in 2003).  Click "New",
"Start form a new rule", "Check messages when they arrive", "through the
specified account", "Next", "move it to the specified folder".   In each of
the last steps you need to look in the bottom pane and click the highlighted
text to choose the account and folder names.

Do the above twice, once for your Home account/Home Inbox, and again for
your Business account/Business Inbox.  Now, if you want, return to the Rules
Wizard main window and select the "Run Now" button to automagically move the
messages already in your original Inbox into the two separate folders.

 Carmine

0
ccastiglia (13)

ER diagram for Project Account module?
Does anyone happen to know if/where I can find an ER diagram for the tables of the Project Account module? Thanks ...

Cannot send mails through Outlook
Good Day, Our Exchange 2003 Server with Service Pack 1 on a Server 2003 machine without Service Pack 1 is on the fritz. We were having problems with the SMTP protocol not responding after an hour or so and decided to try to replicate the server to a new server on the network. The server was installed and we tried to use Vertitas Backup Exec 9.1 to restore a backup of our Exchange First Information Store to that server. Veritas errored out saying that: "Restore - \\CARLMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error: The database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) must be creat...

Change Junk E-mail SCL
I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? GC GauiC <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote: > I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages > will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Who told you that was possible? > Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL > level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? As far as I can tell, there is no &quo...

Many accounts
Hi, Today all outgoing email is put in the same folder regardless which email postbox used as addresser. I would like outgoing email to be placed in the "sent"- folder for each postbox, how? Ola Do you have Exchange installed ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Ola Osteh´┐Żvel" <ola.ostehoevel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d00656f5-6858-4fb2-a2...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

(right click)>Send To>Mail Recipient... not working...?
On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file, choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a new email loaded with an attached file of choice). is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient? "99XJ" <rnwrede...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Applying message rules to incoming mail
I have set up specific rules to prevent messages with certian words from loading to my computer from the srver but they are coming in anyway. I have tried all options as to where they should go. I cannot get the rules to automatically apply. Have to go in to Message Rules and hit Apply Now to make it work each time What am I not doing or doing wrong. Are these rules with words in the message body? Delete it from server won't work because the message has to be downloaded before the rule can read the message body. In general: Have all rules that Delete it from server fir...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

Send Do Not Send

Problems setting sending and receiving emails
I keep getting this message when i try to send an email. I am not sure if my windows mail is set up correctly. Help I do not know what to do. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17 "POP3" and "SMTP...

Sales not posting to the right account
Im having problems with order processing. Whenever I transfer an order to invoice or just by creating an invoice from scratch the sales account in distribution is pointin to my inventory account. I the item card > accounts the sales field is pointing to the sales account and in the "Sales Order Processing Setup" window the Posting Accounts From setting is set to Item. I don't understand why this is happening. Also after I create orders or invoices the quantities in the inventory are affected but the inventory transactions are not being posted to the GL. Other things th...

How to set up a resource account
I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to set up a e- mail account to be use to scheduling resources. Please advise how to accomplish this. Thank you for your cooperation! I'm guessing that this article is what you need: 291616 Direct Booking of Resource Without a Delegate Account http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291616 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "nangel" <anonymous@discussion...

Deleting e-mails on mailserver from Outlook2000 using POP3
Deleting e-mails on mailserver from Outlook2000 using POP3 I am using outlook2000 with pop3 account. I have configured pop3 to keep messages on server because I access same e-mail account from different computer . However, I've noticed when e-mail is deleted from an Inbox, deletion does not affect server's e-mail, leaving the e-mail undeleted. This results in deleted mail being downloaded when I am using a different computer. How can I do this so only undeleted e-mails are kept on server side when using pop3 protocol? Sorry, there isn't IMAP protocol being supported and no plan to...

Windows Mail 05-07-10
Can someone help me find a way to make an incoming message smaller. some of the messages I get are too big to fit in the window, therefore I cannot read the end of the lines.Only half the message is readable On Thu, 6 May 2010 23:31:01 -0700, Frannie <Frannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Can someone help me find a way to make an incoming message smaller. some of >the messages I get are too big to fit in the window, therefore I cannot read >the end of the lines.Only half the message is readable options\line wrap . "Jim" <bojimbo261@...

Can't find e-mail address in my organization
I need to add an e-mail address in my Exchange 2003 server. When I add it to a user, it says "This e-mail address already exists in this organization. ID no: c10312e7 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension". I looked at all users but did not see it any user profile. Is there a way to search for the user that has this address assigned to it? we have just answered same question, Where is this email address posted by Jamie Dawes (-: Just to make it easier for you, here are the steps for locating an smtp address which is being used already go to ADUC Click on Find ob...

Cannot Choose cells (or ranges) after column S
With Ctrl + A, I can use highlight Column A - R. And cells in Column S and after cannot be chosen by mouth. Do you know what is the reason? Thanks. Hi try hitting CTRL+A twice. This behaviour depends on your Excel version. The first CTRL+A selects the current used range -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany plumstone wrote: > With Ctrl + A, I can use highlight Column A - R. And cells in Column > S and after cannot be chosen by mouth. Do you know what is the > reason? Thanks. ...

Multiple Accounts problem
I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates. When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2 are functioning. In other words, when I have a functioning 1. Me@what.com 2. you@what.com and I go to add a third account: 3. who@what .com It will not send/receive from this 3rd account. If I erase one of the original accounts, the new one WILL work. Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at the same time. I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once. Any suggestions? Anyone seen...

outlook cannot logon to my incoming POP3 mail server.
Hi, for the last 3 days i have had no incoming email from 3 email accounts, i can however send out emails. i have been in touch wiht my domain host and they have checked all my settings and say they are correct and said i must contact Outlook. i keep getting this message saying " unable to connect to incoming (POP3) email server. All help gratefully received "Help Needed Please" <Help Needed Please@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A66F62C-BD3B-454D-9DA2-5856F111879B@microsoft.com... > Hi, for the last 3 days i have had no incoming em...

Archived Sent Mail
I have setup two archived sent mail folders. If I go into one of those folders and forward an already sent email the new sent entry goes back into the archived sent folder rather than the current sent folder. Thank you. hooksairport <hooksairport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have setup two archived sent mail folders. If I go into one of > those folders and forward an already sent email the new sent entry > goes back into the archived sent folder rather than the current sent > folder. Thank you. Same solution as for your prior question. -- Brian Tillman ...

User claims that he didn't receive e-mail;tracking tool shows he's got it
Interesting problem. A specific UserA from inside my organization is claiming that he missed a couple of e-mails sent my UserB also from inside my organization, same Exchange routing group, same server, just users from different stores. The e-mail was sent out to multiple people on the cc: line (8 people total) and other users got it OK. That's an isolated problem, as far as I know system is working fine for everyone else. UserA is claiming that he never deleted the message, he also checked under spam/junk e-mail and message is not there. How can I troubleshoot this further ? If t...

Transfer Out of Budget Accounts: Huh?
Money 2002: I have only recently begun to understand how Money works, so I made a lot of mistakes at first in the categorizing of bills and payments and budget categories. I think I have finally decided to STOP listing credit card payments as APAYS and list them instead in my DRP. And I will never, ever categorize them as credit card payments or bills again, but instead as transfers out of checking. However, the damage is done, and now my current budget says I have budgeted $75.00 for Transfer Out of Budget Accounts for phantom payments. I have tried everything to try to delete th...

multiple e mail accounts
hi just moving over from tbird, there i had my multiple e mail accounts all feeding into one inbox....can i do it with mail? cheers ian No, not without using rules to move messages. But you can use the Quickviews to "See" all the messages in one Inbox, etc. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "ian t" <ian t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A843479F-5CDE-4F22-9D92-D34C0554B9D0@microsoft.com... > hi just moving over from tbird, there i had my multiple e mail accounts > all > f...

Import Accounts 4.0
I'm trying to import accounts (with no relationships) into a clean installation using the import tool. Everything seems to work fine until the import is submitted. However the import seems to be stuck on status reason submitted. I've double checked that the MS CRM Asyncrounous Service is running on the server. Any thoughts? Any help would greatly appreciated Check this: http://www.sadev.co.za/node/155 maybe it's your issue. Regards, Robert "thom" wrote: > I'm trying to import accounts (with no relationships) into a clean > installation using the i...

Retrive deleted account and folders (exchange)
I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 (XP), and that function deleted also all of may inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all the deleted folders?=???? brgds, jan If you were storing all your data in the Exchange mailbox, just add the Exchange account back into Outlook. jan wrote: > I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 > (XP), and that function deleted also all of may > inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all > the deleted folders?=???? > > brgds, jan ...