How to choose an email address in the From field

I just switched over from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000, for small office networking reasons
In Outlook Express when I Create a new mail message the From field has a drop-down menu from which I could choose which of my e-mail identities (personal, work etc) I want the message to be "from"
Outlook 2000 doesn't give me this option when I create a new message and when I click on the From field box a dialogue prompts me to choose an address from my personal address book, but my own e-mail identities (I have six) are not in my personal address book and besides I don't want to have to go scrolling through my PAB looking for myself every time I want to create a new message. (My PAB, imported from Outlook Express 6, doesn't even list names in alphabetical order and I can't work out how to turn this on)
So, how can I get Outlook 2000 to show me the list of e-mail accounts set up on my computer so I can choose one for the From field of each new message I create
I live in Papua New Guinea so technical help is not so easy to access here....

AARO

0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in
Corporate/Workgroup mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line of
Help | About Microsoft Outlook.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:E43ABD62-54BC-4F58-BB43-B09C7B655049@microsoft.com,
Aaron wrote:

> I just switched over from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000, for
> small office networking reasons.
> In Outlook Express when I Create a new mail message the From field
> has a drop-down menu from which I could choose which of my e-mail
> identities (personal, work etc) I want the message to be "from".
> Outlook 2000 doesn't give me this option when I create a new message
> and when I click on the From field box a dialogue prompts me to
> choose an address from my personal address book, but my own e-mail
> identities (I have six) are not in my personal address book and
> besides I don't want to have to go scrolling through my PAB looking
> for myself every time I want to create a new message. (My PAB,
> imported from Outlook Express 6, doesn't even list names in
> alphabetical order and I can't work out how to turn this on). So, how
> can I get Outlook 2000 to show me the list of e-mail accounts set up
> on my computer so I can choose one for the From field of each new
> message I create?
> I live in Papua New Guinea so technical help is not so easy to access
> here....'
>
> AARON

Pivot table
Hello I have 2 pivot tables. They deal with the same resource. Is there some way, that when I change the field which is defined as "page field" in the first table (i.e. Partner), that the same field (Partner, also defined as "page filed") in the second table will change in the same way? I mean, if I select in the first table "Company A", the second table will also switch into "Company A" datas. For exmaple Table1 Company |Month --------------------- Type |Quantity Option1 | Table2 Company |Month --------------------- Type ...

lost subfolders and email -vista mail
Hi there, I have posted a similar email in browsers and email forum ( thougth it was this one). Yesterday I emptied the junk mail and when I looked again all my subfolders and email had disappeared. All my business work. I am lost! I have microsoft security essentials for antivirus. i have tried looking in the appdata local microsoft windowsmail folder and they are not there. what can I do now? will they be anywhere on my hard drive that I can access? -- franknigmir "franknigmir" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:2cd46bf8914586ed40d15804080c33...

using cards to copy name and address
Diane, i received this tip today from "daily outlook tips", and can't find any other way to respond to it more directly. no reply or feedback links in the email. the tip: "While you could use the insert address option in Word, its often cumbersome for a single address. Instead, make a view that shows the fields you typically use then select the Contact (or Contacts), copy and paste as text (I use a windows utility call "pure text" to do this rather than using paste special). If you use a card view with just the Full name, Company, and Address field...

Outlook 2007 email graphics missing
Recently my e-newsletters are not showing most of the graphics. Where a graphic should appear is just a blank box (no x). I'm not sure if these are background graphics or not. This is really annoying. Of course I can open them up as a web page. I also have Norton 360 v. 2 upgraded recently. Could that have caused the problem? I've disabled Norton but the images still didn't show up. -- Neil Neil, The graphic in your e-newsletter must be linked to the image which must reside on a web server. It would be much easier for all of your recipients, if you would create a ...

automatically move spam emails to a junk folder
Hi, Under the Junk E-mail Options, I turned on the highest level of filter. It works fine except that many of the junk emails are still sent to my inbox folder. These junk emails are prefixed with "SPAM:" in their subjects. I still need to look for them and manually delete them. Is there a way to have the system to move all of them to a junk folder or the "Deleted Items" folder. So far Outlook has not mistakenly marked any of my personal email as "spam". I simply want to trust it and don't' want to pay attention to these junk emails in my in...

New fields won't save data ??
Hi I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on accounts won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it blanks out the field. When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save fine. What could this be ? Jack It sounds like a javascript issue with the form. I would check to see if any javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.) Regards "CRM consultant" wrote: > Hi > > I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on accounts > won't save data. When I...

Autofill ID fields
I am using Microsoft Access 2002 SP3. I have one main table named Issues and several supporting tables all related on the ID field. The Issues table ID field has an Autonumber to populate the field when a new record is created. What I would like to accomplish is to have the supporting table’s auto fill the ID field using the last ID created in the Issues table. On my Issues form I have a combo box that depending on the selection will open the corresponding form to the particular table. When the form opens I want the Issues form to close and the ID field to auto fill with the la...

email spell check right mouse problem
Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as the email editor. Sometimes When a word is misspelled and gets highlighted with the red wavy underline if I right click over it the menu choices are for Signature items like Primary and Secondary. Sometimes it the spelling options are listed. So far I have not been able to determine what circumstances determine which menu will be activated. For my part I dont need to see the signature options and if I did I would put the mouse over the signature. Is there correction for this or a work around this problem? It sounds like you are typing in the signatur...

Importing address books into WLM
I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book But the contacts show up in Windows Contacts - NOT in Windows Live Mail How do I get them to appear there ?? TIA JM Have you signed in with a Live ID? "Jimbo" <jjmatt@davtv.com> wrote in message news:eWnw5acgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client > and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book > > But the contac...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

Outlook 2003 email
When I try to open an attachment(in this case a "Word" document I get the following message "The system cannot find the file specified". Before I could double click and the attachment would open in my "Word Program". HELP!!! ...

Field Chooser #2
Guys-is it possible that some of the fields in Outlook 2000 (from Field Chooser) can simply disappear or could the problem be that somebody else is accessing my mailbox? It happened to me that the From field and Subject field have simply disappered twice without my action? Could it be a bug or something similar? Is it possible those fields are already in the table view? I've been spooked by that one before. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstar...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

Copying email to other people
I have a situation where the owner of a company wants to be copied on email that goes to one of their employees. I can set up a rule in the employee's Outlook to forward mail, but they will be ableto see that it is being copied. Is there a way at the server level to have the incoming mail to someone get copied automatically to another mailbox without the first person's knowledge? I hope this is clear. Thanks! Hi you could set a journal mailbox per mailbox store in Exchange 2003 and in Exchange 2007 you could set a transport rule Henry "mrecomm101" wrote: > I ha...

Email naming standards
I'd like to take a survey of email address naming standards and which ones you use. I've looking online for a "naming conventions" FAQ but had very little luck. At my company, it's currently lastnamefirstinitial@company.com, or smithj@company.com. I would like to lobby to change it simply because it's so out of step with the rest of the world. The way I see it, when it's jsmith@company.com there's a logical progression from left to right. We are changing the company name (and domain name), so the way I see it this is the perfect time to do it. Opinions? ...

How to make Outllok Express the default email
When I click to send an Excel worksheet, the default is through Microsoft Outlook. How do I make it send through Outlook Express (not as an attachment)? TIA. Mike To set in Outlook Express as default email you have tp do it through Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer select Tools:InternetOptions the Programs tab and select Outlook Express for the Email section. When you use File:SendTo in excel do not use the as attachment option option --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks for the quick reply; but still not sending by Outlook Express. Mike "dcronje &g...

Button to update a field
Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial to do the following I have a continuous form that allows me to choose the supplier for a product product name | supplier 1 | supplier 2 | supplier 3 | supplier 4 | supplier 5 | text box button button button button button There can only be one supplier, all updates will be done to the item information table. Currently I can do this with a combo box, but would prefer to do with with a buttons. Thanks The standard way to select one item among many is a combo box not buttons...

emailing spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I email a spreadsheet as an attachment the recipient cannot open it. I have tried copy and pasting it onto a word doc but apparrently it still doesn't open. What am I doin wrong It's hard to be sure because you don't indicate what *does* happen when the recipient tries to open it, whether these are Mac or Windows users, nor do you disclose any details pertaining to the email specs you or the recipients are using. You may be doing nothing wrong at all. It could be a problem with your ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Email header in Entourage in Spanish/Italian or Portuguese instead of English
I'm using Entourage 2004 on a ppc mac; OS 10.4.8 is setup in American English, Keyboard is in American English; only my regional settings are for Vancouver, Canada. I was surprised to see the other day that the header of each email I have receive since installing entourage is in a romance language; either Spanish, Italian or Portuguese. I have the latest update for Office 2004. Any tips on how to change that would be appreciated. Regards, Mihai ...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Download email #2
How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to Outlook Express?? without leave a copy at Exchange server. Outlook Express cannot download mail from Exchange. Why are you trying to do so without leaving a copy of the mail on Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Edi asked: | How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to | Outlook E...

Filter by Field in Subform
I need to filter a main form based on fields in my subform. For example, my main form has a field [Order Number] and the header contains standard information about the origin of the parts and what is to be done with them, like the PO Number, and Customer information. My subform contains information like the Part Number, Qty, the ID Number for that particular line item, etc. My boss needs to be able to tell how many orders contain Part Number so and so... information that is specific to the underlying table in the subform, but he also needs the associated information in the main form...

Address Book and other questions?
I have the following questions: How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - detailed address cards? Can I change the color palette in Entourage? "Craig Schiffer" wrote: > How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - > detailed address cards? I've never used Outlook so I couldn't even guess at how it looks. You need to post screenshots and give details of what you want the Address Book contact to show. You can post a screenshot link using a service like ImageShack. <http://imageshack.us/> How To...