How to check the version of PST created

------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C50459.FA4BF6D0

Hi,

I use outlook 2003 and I cannot remember the version of .pst created =
some time ago, whether it is outlook 2000, XP compatible? how do I check =
this without installing earlier version of outlook?

Thanks
Frank
------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C50459.FA4BF6D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I use outlook 2003 and&nbsp;I cannot =
remember the=20
version of .pst created some time ago, whether it is outlook 2000, XP=20
compatible? how do I check this without installing earlier version of=20
outlook?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Frank</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C50459.FA4BF6D0--

0
signup0702 (13)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:21:34 +0800, "Frank" <signup0702@sina.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use outlook 2003 and I cannot remember the version of .pst created some time ago, whether it is outlook 2000, XP compatible? how do I check this without installing earlier version of outlook?

Outlook 2003 will read and work with *any* prior Outlook version's .pst
files. However, no prior version of Outlook will be able to read a .pst file
that has been created in the new format of Outlook 2003.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 10.1   www.newsrover.com

Frank <signup0702@sina.com> wrote:

> I use outlook 2003 and I cannot remember the version of .pst created
> some time ago, whether it is outlook 2000, XP compatible? how do I
> check this without installing earlier version of outlook?

Right-click the PST, choose Properties and click Advanced.  It will tell you
there.  If it's the older version it will say "Personal Folders File
(97-2002)" in the Format field.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Disable SMTP Version in Greeting
Hello All: Is there an way to prevent Exchange 5.5 from disclosing SMTP information, version etc during the initial handshake? If so, can someone point me to a resource. Thanks "DOUG" <no@spam.com> wrote in news:eIuA1NA8DHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Is there an way to prevent Exchange 5.5 from disclosing SMTP > information, version etc during the initial handshake? If so, can > someone point me to a resource. You can modify it in Exchange 2000. For 5.5 I'd recommend either a third-party gateway product or a firewall. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange ...

Spell check error
Every time I send a message I now get an error that reads.. "error occurred while checking spell check". No spell check is peformed. Outlook 2000 This behavior can occur under several circumstances. - The Microsoft Office shared Proofing Tools are not installed. - The spell checking features are not configured properly. - The insertion point is not inside the body of the message when you perform the spell check. Please refer to the Knowledge Base article ID: 241485.KB.EN-US for more information on how to resolve this issue by copying and pasting the link below into your ...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

location of outlook.pst file
I regularly want to make a copy of my outlook.pst file and bring it to another location. Right now the file location buried in a sub-sub directory \Documents and Settings\[name]\local settings\application data, which I think is the default setting. Sometimes I forget the exact location or have to get to it in explorer to copy it to a flash drive and them transport it. Is there any reason I could not move it to say: C:\outlook data? Are there any disadvantages in doing so? No, moving it is something I would recommend. However I would really recommend against creating subfolders of your...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

DTM: USB-IF test certification ID check
MSDN Document "USB-IF Test Certification ID Check" indicates the TESTID be set to zero. When I run this test in the DTM, the log reports an error: "No valid USB IF test ID has been entered." I am testing with WLK 1.5. There is some buzz on the Internet that WinQual has a method by which to generate a Test ID that works with WLK 1.5, but I can find nothing helpful on their site. Any ideas? Thanks dmm dmm <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >MSDN Document "USB-IF Test Certification ID Check" indicates the TESTID be >set ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

PST deleted
During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened. The card has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has been restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of Internet Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says PST was deleted! Any helps ? S. Is the PST simply renamed (possibly extension changed) or sitting in the Recycle Bin? "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:O26RWCZBGHA.2920@tk2msftngp13....

Create a new restore point
How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore point. OldEd On 3/9/2010 5:14 PM, OldManEd wrote: > How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I > go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore > from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore > point. > OldEd Click "Computer" in start menu th...

VBC 'Contains' Check
Apologies gain, still trying to hack this coders VBA as a non-coder so I can fix as he is AWOL. Anyway part of the code was supposed to see if a cell contained specific text but as I test it it only works on a complete match. This is the line of code: ElseIf InStr(UCase(CStr(wsCert.Cells(targetCertRowNumber, 1).Value)), UCase("TEXT")) And Len(CStr(wsCert.Cells(targetCertRowNumber, 2).Value)) = 0 Then Do I need to change something so it is finding "TEXT Anything" as right now it is just finding "TEST" Thanks in advance Hi, Because you...

Importing pst into Exchange 2007
Hi all I know there where several postings about this problem some times ago. Is there still no way to import pst's into Exchange 2007 Server? I know the different migration scenarios, but the fact is that I received two DVD's with pst-files, which where exported from an Exchange 2000 Server using exmerge. And now I have to import these files into an Exchange 2007 Server! Has anyone an idea, how I manage this? Please don't tell me that this is still not possible! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx and regards Paul On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:36:04 +0100, &q...

Version conversion
Hello. I hope I can finally find the answer I need here. Briefly, at my previous employment my employer allowed me use of the office computer to create a brochure for my own (separate) business on MS Publisher, but I don't know which version it was. It could have been MS Pub 2000 or 2002. I got laid off from that job almost two years ago, but I took the .pub file with me, only I can't find a computer to open it on. I tried to open it at Kinko's and got the "cannot open older version" message (which, thanks to reading this group, I believe is probably a Norton issue. ...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Money 6
I recently purchased "MS Money 6 Deluxe" at Wal-Mart. I've noticed that most retailers, i.e. Amazon.com, Circuit City, Office Depot, Staples, etc. are selling this for $59 and there is a $20 manufacturer's rebate. Wal-Mart's price was $29 but not subject to rebate. I've checked the product number and they show as 860-00391. The Wal-Mart version shows as 860-00394. Why are there two different product numbers and are they different? I'm having a problem with my installation and I'm beginning to wonder if I bought a "gray market" item! In microsoft.p...

Creating new P&ID master symbols
I would like to create a new master P&ID valve symbol and add it to the Valves and Fittings stencil. I want to duplicate the tags and properties of exisisting valves so that it functions like the other valves in the stencil (auto-numbers, same data fields, etc.). Is there a way to copy all the information (not just the shape properties) from one valve and apply it to the new one? Use the Shape Conversion command from the Process Engineering menu to do this. Here are the steps: 1) Drag an existing valve onto the page so that there is at least one valve in the document. 2) If your ...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Compact PST
Is it possible to start Autocompaction of PST file in anyway ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com Right click on the root of your Personal Folders (might be called Outlook Today), choose Properties, click Advanced, click Compact Now "slewi" <slewi.wu1ca@outlookforum.com> wrote in message news:slewi.wu1ca@outlookforum.com... > Is it possible to start Autocompaction of PST file in anyway? Hi Slewi, what Outlook version do you use? In...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...