How to change multiple folders views in Outlook

When you first create an account within Outlook (currently using 2007
but I'm sure it's the same for other versions) it defaults the folders
so that certain columns are visable they all have the viewing pane
enabled.

Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look
identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc).

I'm sure there must be a way but I'd be damned if I can find it...and
it's driving me nuts!!

Cheers Glenn

gloriousglenn@hotmail.com <gloriousglenn@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look
> identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc).

You can't change a folder and have all the other folders change.  You must
change one of the default views (like Messages) and then reset all the
flders to use the default view you changed.  Techniques are described here:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm .  Keep in mind that not all
of the default folders use the same default view.  The Sent Items folder,
for example, uses the Sent To view as its default.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

New Disk storage

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"