how to add msn account to OE

Our ISP is comcast and we check our primary email through
Outlook Express 6.0. We need to add our msn internet
account to OE. I realize I need to use HTTP(versus POP3
for regular ISPs) for the the incoming email server type
to accomplish this. I have two questions:

1. Should my HTTP mail service provider be "Hotmail"
or "Other"?

2. What is the URL for my incoming HTTP mail server ?
Unfortunately, the Microsoft KB for this article is
currently not available.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi ,

I found the following article, hope it answers your query.

OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express to Use a Hotmail Account :
=-==========================================================
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 220852  :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;220852

Regards,
Venkat.

0
venkatsr (12)

ADD 1 to a cell if condition is met.
I want 1 point to be added to A1 if A2 equals 10,000. A2 is the sum of other cells. I need A1 to be save. Right now, it goes back to previous score when A2 is back to zero. Help Obiwan.. Look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B6FD888-212A-453E-8BA2-289948588576@microsoft.com... >I want 1 point to be added to A1 if A2 equals 10,000. A2 is the sum of >other > cells. > I need A1 to be save. Right now, it goes back to previous scor...

Billing Batch error in Project Accounting
I was in the middle of posting a billing batch when my system crashed. Now, if I try to open the batch, I get an error 'You cannot enter a BATCH ID that has unposted receivable transactions. Post the Batch or delete it before you can enter this Batch ID.' I am seeing the transactions for this batch in both PA13100 and PA23100. The batch status is zero in SY00500. The batch is not visible in SY00800. Please help what to do next. HI Scott Have you tried running a batch recovery? "scott" wrote: > I was in the middle of posting a billing batch when my > syste...

Bank Account Transfer Question.
Is there any way I can easily transfer a MS money 2002 Bank account from my PC to my wife's PC. We both use Money 2002 but it would take a long time to create a new account on her PC and then add each item. TIA. Just an account? QIF export/import will move most of the data related to the account. But if you both want to maintain the data in separate data files, putting it back together will not be practical. Have you considered a network? Sync with the web? "SourPickle" <ricmul[NoSpam]@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f887a98_1@news.vic.com... > Is there any way ...

same stock, multible accounts
I have the same stock in more then one account but money 2006 will nt let me reuse the symble -- Good Luck and God Bless See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EACE5F-DCCD-4D83-98A5-D10B2DD2B310@microsoft.com... >I have the same stock in more then one account but money 2006 will nt let >me > reuse the symble ...

vb add-in
I have the same problem as described in the posts below. I tried what was suggested, but every time I start VB, the additional tool bar shows up again. And in the add-in manager all the options are checked again. How do I delete this tool bar permenantly Thanks ********** It comes from a Visual Basic COM addin from the UML solution. In VB selec the add-in menu item, then select Add-in manager. Scroll through the lis of add-ins looking for with the name "Microsoft Visio UML Visual Basi Add-in" (name may vary with different versions of Visio but should b something like this). Sel...

OE 6.0
I downloaded this "upgrade" from the MSN website, and have had nothing but problems with it. Whenever I receive a message with an attachment, it always deems the attachment as "infected with a virus", and I cannot open the attachment. The only way I can open it is if I select "Forward" and then double click on the attachment, because it appears on the forwarded message. Any thoughts? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explore...

how do i add a precentage in excel
I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should use please "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975A9937-2F99-491B-BAC6-60EECD0FF513@microsoft.com... > I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should > use please B1=A1*1.3 ...

Adding Subcategories of account types
Greetings I have used money for some years now, and would like to find out if there is a possibility to enable subcategories of account types. That is, under account list, bank accounts, i would like to have a way to separate my checking account from my wife's as well as our business checking account (I am using beta mny2005 deluxe & not business.) The same is true for my credit accounts, that is, can I create a category that separates my credit cards from my wife's? tks -- ARosenthal MCS Dallas In microsoft.public.money, ARosenthal wrote: > >I have used money for ...

Ability to change parent account for National Account children
I have several clients using National Accounts that have a need occasionally to be able to change the parent account for child customers. For one client, the need arises when detists change affiliation from one practice to another and the client wants to maintain history across all parent affiliations. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...

Copy Parent Account details to Company in outlook
Hello, I have added the 'Parent Account field into my outlook contacts, this is great but now i want to copy these details into the company field. Is this possible?? Thanks Ian Hi, Currently the parent account is not copied automatically to the company field. This is a known issue, and is one of the solved issues in CRM 4.0 (CTP3). If you don't want to wait for version 4, please find here some links for a workaround. http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayParentAccountOutlookContactForm.htm Best regards, Merijn http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "Ian Watson" wrote: &...

Add font capability to Report Columns in Active Reports
I have had customers request the ability to be able to change the fonts and font sizes within the columns of active reports. Currently this capability does not exist. The font can be changed in the title lines but not in report columns. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Is there a way to build an account from an existing Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 Contact?
I am just getting started with CRM, and I have imported my contacts from Exchange into CRM, but I do not see any way to parse the Contact and create an account or lead from the existing data that I already had in my Exchange 2003 Contacts. It looks like most of the data I would want in an account has already been typed into each Contact in Exchange, but I cannot find a button or tool that allows me to select an Contact and say build account, or lead from Contact data. Am I just missing some hidden menu or does this feature not exist? Bill Walter CRM specifies that you should have imported ...

How to move contacts list from email account to Outlook
I have just started to use Outlook (2003) and want to bring my contacts list from my btinternet mail account. Can anyone please tell me how to do this. Many thanks Geordie52 wrote: > I have just started to use Outlook (2003) and want to bring my > contacts list from my btinternet mail account. Can anyone please tell > me how to do this. Many thanks Where are these contacts? On Webmail, or in another email client? If the latter, which one? Geordie52 wrote: > They are stored in my BT Internet email account. So you access them through your web browser? Then log on to your BTI...

How Do I Add A Font File To Excel 2000?
I have a True Type file of Hazard Safety symbols (wingdings) that I would like to use on an Excel 2000 spreadsheet but I cannot figure out how to import the .TTF file to my Excel program. There SHOULD be a way to add new fonts to Excel, so can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it. Sincerely, Boyce Kline Boyce, You can't embed fonts in an Excel workbook. The font must exist on all computers on which the workbook will be opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Boyce Kline&quo...

Converting Leads to Opp/Account/Contact creates unresolved emails
Hi, We have noticed that Converting Leads to Opp/Account/Contact creates unresolved emails. We use CRM 4.0 and we are tracking all emails in CRM. When a Lead is converted to an Account, Contact, and Opportunity, the email address is copied to both the Account and the Contact. Every further email received from the customer is then unresolved in CRM. Is there a way to define what is copied so that we can have only the email in the Contact updated, and the email in the Account left blank? Thank you! -- Laura Barber On Aug 19, 5:31=A0am, Laura Barber <laura-at-progsys-dot-net> w...

.Net passport account and MSN Money website
I am attempting to start over with my money account because of problems converting to 2005. When I link the account to my passport account it brings all the old recurring transactions to the new account and they are WAY old. Is there any way to clean them from the MSN money website before I associate my .net account with my money file?. When I go out to moneycentral to view my reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed. Thanks for any help. This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the data. Log in to the Passport you want to clean out and then go to https://moneycentr...

multiple e-mail accounts in outlook express
Just went to cable high speed, and using outlook express for mail, have 2 mail accounts, one for me and one for my wife, however I get e-mail from both names, and am unable to receive mail on my wife's account only and my account only, is there something I have messed up on user settings? In article <03bc01c3c59c$7fd8f1c0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Just went to cable high speed, and using outlook express |for mail, have 2 mail accounts, one for me and one for my |wife, however I get e-mail from both names, and am unable |to receive mail o...

accounts stuck on "update in progress"?
i tried an update this morning and my accounts (all of them) got stuck in an "update in progress" mode even though nothing appears to be happening. i've shut down money several times (even rebooted my computer) and the status is unchanged. if i initiate a new online update, it skips very quickly over the accounts portion (like 1 second) and then moves right into updating MSN stuff. NONE of my accounts are actually updated though... help?? Hmmmm... Same problem here. I also cannot remove my passport from the file. I wonder if this is the same old passport issue that re...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

Account totals missing in Portfolio Manager after switch to Money
When I switched from Money 2005 to Money 2006, somr of my investments no longer have a Total Account Value. The line is just blank. This leads to an incorrect total at the bottom of the page. How can I get Money to calculate the totals accurately? ...

How to add customer's totalSales without transaction?
Some customers transaction record are lost. I only have their totalSales. Now I want to add these customers to rms with their totalSales. How can I do it? Jerry wrote: > Some customers transaction record are lost. I only have their totalSales. Now > I want to add these customers to rms with their totalSales. How can I do it? > You can add the customers and their totalSales only from QS Administrator with SQL query.. example: UPDATE Customer SET TotalSales = <AMOUNT> WHERE AccountNumber = <CustomerAccountNumber> bye antonio ...

Statistical add-ins
Can anyone suggest good add-ins that support CHAID and CART clustering methodologies? ...

add calculating totals
I have a single table data base for inputing expenses I have two fields start and stop mileage I have a query to give mileage driven but how do add this calculation on a report All I get is invalid statement same query does pull other values do I have to have a separate query thanks Please provide some details. Maybe your query's SQL view, your control sources, and what you really want to display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Stephen" wrote: > I have a single table data base for inputing expenses > > I have two fields start and stop mi...

How to Add Streaming Video To Your Website 04-15-09
http://www.abcsun.net ...

How NOT to auto add email addresses?
I have MS Outlook 2000 and it automatically adds the email address of anyone I reply to. How do I make this stop? Thank you in advance, SilverRaven I don't have an installation of Outlook 2000 handy at the moment but it should be somewhere under tools->options->email options. If I remember right, it should be at the bottom of that dialog. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ...