How move contacts from ACT2000-to-Outlook2003BCM?

Am using ACT2000 (ACT Ver 5.0.4.495) on WinXP PC with soon-to-be installed
Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager (PC currently only has Outlook
2002).

I wondered what the BEST way is to move my ACT contacts, along with ALL
notes, emails, and anything else to Outlook 2003. (The last part is key...
*WITH* all notes, emails, etc.)  I went through contacts in ACT and thinned
back to a database of only about 100 that I'd like to keep and therefore
need to transfer to Outlook 2003. If necessary, I cut copy/paste the text of
the notes and emails, once the contacts are in Outlook, but of course prefer
a faster way...as long as it's not problematic (i.e. requires lots of
mapping setup, crashes, creates lots of duplicate info, etc., etc.)

Do I HAVE to buy the third-party transfer software? Seems there's only one
popular one, maybe $100-200. How much can I do with just what I have...seems
like the last I looked, Outlook 2003 can import contacts but all it gets is
name, address, and phone... the "top half" of what's in ACT, not the "bottom
half" with notes and emails...which are actually more important

Also, are there any cautions to know about when transferring info between
applications. Thanks for any suggestions anyone could offer.

Thanks, George.

0
air1 (81)

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

pst file move
I use office xp with windows xp. I would like to move my outlook.pst file to another hard disk because the old one is full. How can I do it? The following article should provide the details you need for this request: 287070 OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

how retreive outlook contact and calander file from crashed PC?
Hi, WinXP home stopped loading this afternoon. I pulled the 2.5 " drive and have it in an external bay and plugged it into a laptop via the USB port. The drive is fine. I copied off most data files, but can't get to the desktop. It tells me I don't have adm. permission. There's one file there I want to get, but so far, no luck. Is there a way to retrieve the files Outlook 2007 uses for the calander and install/import them to a different Computer? That's my main concern right now. If so, is it as simple as copying a file and pasting it? Any help much appriciate. Mike...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Copy my contacts to disc on a disc in Outlook 2003
I want to copy my e-mail contacts to a disc. I have Outlook 2003. I found out a way to copy to a xls file,but it comes out with too many columns. I would rather just copy it the way it is my contact folder, alphabetically or the way it is in my address book. Your Contacts are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data, so you would copy your entire data file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com...

Moving multiple messages #2
Whenever I attempt to move multiple messages in Outlook 2000 to a Personal folder, I always receive a message that says "Cant move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." If I move them one at a time, it works, but moving even two messages gives me the error. It only happens when they have attachments ...

importing email and contacts from a file
I'm running Outlook 2007 and want to import my mail and contacts (address book) from the saved files of my older outlook. I've already been using Outlook for a few weeks and I was wondering if I can merge the existing e-mails with the mails in the file? Is it possible? Thank you! mgm Never import Outlook data. To merge the files, just open the older file and copy what you want from it into the new file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mgm" <mgm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGbc2MoHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2007 and ...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

Moving Exchange logs and database
I am attempting to move the log and database files for Exchange 2003. I have followed all the steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821915 However, the log files are still being written to the old log folder. Are there any subsequent steps that need to be followed? Is it just a matter of waiting? Thank you for your help, Nick Are you sure you're looking at the right logs? Did you make the change for all storage groups? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <nicenick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158769...

Ex2k7 Mailbox move error..
I used the command shell to move my mailbox from one MB server to another, same site/org/ip subnet, etc. It seemed to be taking an awful long time and i wasn't seeing any progress. Finally i gave up and ctrl+break'd out of the shell. Now i can't open my mailbox at all. If i try using OWA i get this error: "Log in failed because the mailbox you tried to access is being moved. The mailbox cannot be accessed until this operation is complete. Please wait and try again later." If i try using standard Outlook i get this error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office O...

move selection after enter into cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Upon entering data into a cell, I do not want to move to another cell when I hit Return. In the older version of Excel I used to be able to go into Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Move Selection after Enter. How can I accomplish this in the 2008 version? thanks Aha - you've revealed yourself as a Windows user :-) Mac OS has never had Options, it uses Preferences instead. Go to Excel> Preferences> Edit where you can specify Up, Down, Left, Right from the list or clear the check to not have the se...

5.5 server move
Just in the process of working my way through the Ed Crowley server move FAQ off swinc. Been hit by brain fade though. Created the replicas of the public folders to the new server and from the exchange server admin program can see that they are being used instead of the ones on the original server. The bit thats causing brain fade is how do i delete the replicas from the old server? Done this once b4 but was over 2 years ago and have slept since then/got a kiddie/bought a big fast bike any clues most appreciated -- Robb '97 Firestorm I am assuming you are using 5.5 to remove the repli...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

Moving Unix aliases to Exchange 5.5
Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? By Unix aliases do you mean multiple email addresses? Nue "pcgirl" <pcgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8521D3E6-2F11-408E-863B-A9911850D19A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? ...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

Money 2000 move
Hi Everyone, I am using Money 2000. I just bought a new computer and today I would like to transfer all my data. What is the best way to do this with MS Money 2000 so I don't loose any of the data or application setting? Many thanks, Anguel You will have to reinstall the application from the original CD. Copy over the .MNY data file(s) using a network, CD, or USB flash drive. Some settings will be lost in the new installation--printer settings for check alignment come to mind immediately--but some are stored in the data file. Best bet is to open both Options|Settings and comp...

Moving the Un-Movable
Here's another issue... I had someone do something you aren't supposed to be able to do. And now I can fix it. They moved their main Contact folder in the Folder List in Outlook to be a subfolder of Deleted Items. And now I can't move it back. It doesn't delete when they empty their trash, but it's still annoying that it won't move. I've reset their Outlook and even blew away their profile on their machine (Windows 2000)... but nada. *pulls out hair* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

Relationship between Contact and Opportunity is not shown on C. Si
Roles assigned to contacts in sales projects (opportunities) are not visible on the contacts side. Neither when the opportunity is open nor when it has been closed. Such, you are not able to see in which projects the contact was/is involved. This is clear break in the UI, where information should be accessible from all referred objects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

CRM Contacts in Outlook Address Book
Hi, We have successfully installed the Outlook clients for CRM 3.0 - both the offline and the online version. All users have the same Accounts and Contacts available in the Outlook Address Book under the Microsoft CRM section. But the relations available are not immediately explainable - they dont seem to be related to the Local Data filters and there seem to be no relation to any configuration setting or saved search. What data is shown here?. Any help on this? TIA! Items in the address book include all instances that you can see which have a primary email address. These are unrelated ...