how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message

I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
"Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as
"Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????
0
Rajkumar (10)

Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
> "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
> How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to
> as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????

I believe the Save As default type will match the format of the message.  If
your message is an HTML message, the Save As will default to .htm.  If a
Plain Text message, it will default to .txt.  If a Rich Text message, to
..rtf.  There is no way I know to change that.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
4/25/2006 1:33:49 PM
Dear Brian,

Before Outlook 2003, I am using Outlook Express 6. In which when I am saving
any e-mail in my Inbox by default gets saved as ".eml" extension. Which saves
the attachments as it is with message as in Inbox. Whenever I explore the
saved e-mail & double clicks it, e-mail gets opened as if it is in inbox. I
am able to reply the saved e-mail by clicking on reply button on toolbar.

Now with Outlook 2003, I have to change the "save as type" each time I save
the e-mail in Inbox, which is cumbersome. Also HTML format dosen't saves
attachments with e-mail on hard disk as ".eml" file & I can not reply the
mail saved as HTML as it gets opened in web browser.

Thank you for your reply.

Rajkumar

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
> > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
> > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to
> > as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????
>
> I believe the Save As default type will match the format of the message.  If
> your message is an HTML message, the Save As will default to .htm.  If a
> Plain Text message, it will default to .txt.  If a Rich Text message, to
> ..rtf.  There is no way I know to change that.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Rajkumar (10)
4/25/2006 2:10:02 PM
Is it really neccessary to save mail outside OL?

"Rajkumar" <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Brian,
>
> Before Outlook 2003, I am using Outlook Express 6. In which when I am
saving
> any e-mail in my Inbox by default gets saved as ".eml" extension. Which
saves
> the attachments as it is with message as in Inbox. Whenever I explore the
> saved e-mail & double clicks it, e-mail gets opened as if it is in inbox.
> am able to reply the saved e-mail by clicking on reply button on toolbar.
>
> Now with Outlook 2003, I have to change the "save as type" each time I
save
> the e-mail in Inbox, which is cumbersome. Also HTML format dosen't saves
> attachments with e-mail on hard disk as ".eml" file & I can not reply the
> mail saved as HTML as it gets opened in web browser.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Rajkumar
>
> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
> > Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
> > > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
> > > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to
> > > as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????
> >
> > I believe the Save As default type will match the format of the message.
If
> > your message is an HTML message, the Save As will default to .htm.  If a
> > Plain Text message, it will default to .txt.  If a Rich Text message, to
> > ..rtf.  There is no way I know to change that.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman

0
dl6256 (276)
4/25/2006 4:29:13 PM
Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Before Outlook 2003, I am using Outlook Express 6. In which when I am
> saving any e-mail in my Inbox by default gets saved as ".eml"
> extension. Which saves the attachments as it is with message as in
> Inbox. Whenever I explore the saved e-mail & double clicks it, e-mail
> gets opened as if it is in inbox. I am able to reply the saved e-mail
> by clicking on reply button on toolbar.
>
> Now with Outlook 2003, I have to change the "save as type" each time
> I save the e-mail in Inbox, which is cumbersome. Also HTML format
> dosen't saves attachments with e-mail on hard disk as ".eml" file & I
> can not reply the mail saved as HTML as it gets opened in web browser.

If you want a message saved in Outlook's native format (with file type
..msg), open the Windows folder where you'd like it and drag it from your
Inbox to the folder.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Problem with Outlook 2002...
I have been using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP for some time now. Suddenly, I start getting the following error: Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I am using Yahoo as a POP3 and SMTP gateway. Please note that this configuration has been working for almost a year and a half! I can ping Yahoo's servers no problem. I did some Googli...

Transfer Outlook e-mail structure To Another Computer
I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using Outlook. The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I would like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using Office 2003 and Outlook that comes with it. Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information I have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address, etc). Thank You, Ga...

Conditional Formatting Question #3
I don't know if this can even be done in Excel, and if it can, I don't have a clue on how to do it, so I am asking the experts. I have a rather extensive workbook that I use to configure Project Server settings. One page contains the security templates, which consists of columns of data with the words "Yes" or "No" entered in text. What I would like to do is have conditional formatting that would change the cell background color if Yes changes to No or vice versa, but otherwise, stay white. In other words, if the data in the cell changes, change the background c...

OWA insert ? in every message
Hello, I currently have a weird problem with all email sent from OWA, in every email it insert a ? on the first line in every outgoing email. If I sent the email from Outlook there is no problem Does anybody know why? Thank ML I've heard it said that this is an IE problem. Try your mailbox from a different machine to prove this first. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Michel Lapointe" <a@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O0MG1PSWEHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > &g...

Please help! Error message "mnycopymar"?
Just recently upgraded to Ms Money 2005 and updated online but I keep getting the following errors:- "mnycopymar has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "mnyupdate@#@.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have no idea why this is happening but would sure appreciate someone to help me get rid of this nagging errors. Thanks! Excalibur In microsoft.public.money, excalibur wrote: >Just recently upgraded to Ms Money 2005 and updated online but I keep >getting the following errors:- > > >"mnycopymar has encountered a proble...

lost changes
I closed a workbook and accidentally clicked "no" when asked if I wanted to save changes to another work book. I've lost 4 hours of work and I'm desperate to recover the lost data. Bad news :-( It's lost and gone forever. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "lost work" <lost work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5A12076-93B3-4BB5-A849-FD4BF6F63DB2@microsoft.com... > I closed a workbook and accidentally clicked "no" when asked if I wanted to save changes to another work book....

Change between sheets with macro
Here is my problem, i have a worksheet, and that worksheet has a macr connected to a button pointing to another sheet labled "helpfile" what i want to happen is when someone is on the helpfile sheet they ca press a button named "return to last sheet" or something, when the press it it takes them to the sheet they selected the helpfile from for example the user path would be like this user is on sheet, january 2004 Hit button labled "helpfile" they are now on the sheet labled "helpfile" They now click "last selected sheet" user is on shee...

Outlook 2002 " Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."
Ok I have just recently switched aver to a new domain for a web site. I went through the configuration stuff in outlook under the accounts and it connects to all the servers and sends the test message just fine. If i try to send anything to anybody but me it says undeliverable. This includes emails on the same domain. I get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: [classified] Sent: 7/14/2004 11:44 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '[email name @ aol]' on 7/14/2004 11:44 PM ...

getting data from table using 2 values
from a standard spreadsheet, using a function(?) how can I return a value from a table using values for the headers and columns. For example, the table has ages across the top and events done the side. Simply I need to "lookup" both ages and events to return a value from the cross section of these values. Any assistance welcome!! Many thanks If the range is A1:G100, for example, and age is in H1 and event in H2: =INDEX(A1:G100,MATCH(H2,A1:A100,0),MATCH(H1,A1:G1,0)) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "MS_user" <MSuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60189...

How do I select records using a combo box (rather than the navigat
I have a simple table that stores addresses of people. It looks like this: ID Name Phone Number 1 Suzy 978-4658 2 Tom 876-1234 I want to use a form that allows a user to update the addresses of people. When I create a form using the wizard, I move between records using the navigator buttons. But I want to move between records using a combo box that lists all the names in the table. Why? Because if I had 100 names in the table I don't want the user to click through the navigator to find their record. I want them to ...

Outlook 2003 and PDA hold getting messages
I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing problem I can not solve. My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date automatically, this part works. Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3 min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station. It will check messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? TIA ...

Outlook send/receive
Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in Outlook 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. "Vision2k" <Vision2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0DB6012-32A4-4312-83EB-E0B9CCEF0BBC@microsoft.com... > Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in > Outlook > 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. > > I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. This disc...

Automatic Backup Files
How do I create an automatic (daily) backup copy of a worksheet in another drive location? I also need to restrict access to the backup copy. Hi I would use a separate backup tool for this. I won't use Excel / VBA for this as Excel has to be running for this backup procedure. There're several free/shareware programs for doing backups periodically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MsD wrote: > How do I create an automatic (daily) backup copy of a > worksheet in another drive location? I also need to > restrict access to the backup copy. ...

Anyone using CRM addons to model relationships?
Wonder if anyone has used tools like C360's relationship chart addon? Any others i should know of or any comments on the c360 one? thanks -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx We have used Axonom's Powertrak product that provides similar functionality, and very satisfied customers as a result. I cannot comment on the c360 product, we have not used it The products may not ne directly comparable, as I suspect Powertrak product does more than c360, hence more expensive Peter Lynch Optevia Ltd "John...

Can I "Flip" A Worksheet?
Hi, everyone. I created a worksheet without thinking very far ahead. It's a comparison of just two products, with many features. As a result, I'm doing a lot of horizontal scrolling. It occurred to me (after I was well into the project) that it would make a lot more sense to have just two columns, one for each of the two products, and have the features listed in rows underneath. If this makes sense, can anyone tell me if there's a way to convert the worksheet into the other format? Thanks. Hi try using 'Edit - Paste Special - Transpose' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfur...

Symantec DLL and Outlook
After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0 and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first trying on open an email: The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file. I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of resources. Any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? You need to renam...

Outlook Set Regarding Feature
When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that communication against each account or Contact in CRM. We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature, however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email to a single account or contact. Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook. Many thanks Steve Hi, You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4. Regards, Donna "Steve Le Monnier" wrote: > When...

combBox row limit Changed on me
I have a several combo boxes in my app doing various things. Over the last week, several behave differently. The users are calling saying that they can no longer find their entry. The ones that I have checked on have values being returned by either a stored proc, or the table they are bound to, but they don't return all of them any more. They did last week, so I don't think I hit the limit. What have I done that altered their behavior? Thanks, Steve ...

Formatting Palette is driving me nuts
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In different documents, I would like to edit the formatting palette so only some styles are visible, not the entire list of everything ever created. I can't seem to ask the right question of the Help button. I'm sure someone knows the question. Help! Just below the Styles list, there is a dropdown button to toggle the display between "All Styles" and "Available Styles". Does that make any difference? On 01/09/08 3:55, in article 59b585a6.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "JimmyJack@officeformac.com" <...

Saving Message as text but keeping unicode
I am saving Outlook items using the SaveAs method to a Text file using OlSaveAsType.olTXT as the Parameter however I am losing the Unicode within the Item itself to the SaveAs method (it replaces the unicode with garbage or ???). Is there a way to preserve the unicode but still save it as a txt file? I have tried RTF but this is not what I need because it keeps hold of the Embedded attachments in the mime section and all I want it textual representation of the message. The other option available to me would be to save it to HTML but I know that not all items save to HTML and if I convert an...

Can't figure out how to set MS Pub for 11-17 paper
see above (1) Please use the message area to ask your question, not the subject line. (2) Will your printer print an 11" x 17" copy? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HELP WITH 11"-17" PAPER" <HELP WITH 11"-17" PAPER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:832B9BC1-F682-458C-BBFE-84CCF8579EC9@microsoft.com... > see above --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.806 / Virus Database: 548 - Release Date: 12/5/2004 Setup your printer first, Pu...

Default properties for new folders

How to open PUBL. file after renaming. Unrecognized by PUBLISHER
After renaming my PUBLISHER file, I am unable to open it. Can someone help me recover it please. Thanks. Looking in my crystal ball I cannot see any clues as to what OS or version of OS or level of MS Publisher you are using nor what the original name of your file was and what you changed it to and for that matter why you changed it so I suppose we will just have to wait for your reply. John G. "capribah" <capribah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF334F60-1B2D-4BB7-B3DA-EC18ED566268@microsoft.com... > After renaming my PUBLISHER file, I am unable t...

Can Money 2004 Standard convert B&P 2000?
Hello - Will Money 2004 Standard convert a Money 2000 Business & Personal file? I'm getting the following message: "Money cannot locate '%1' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I've checked, and neither is write-protected Thanks in advance Mark In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello - Will Money 2004 Standard convert a Money 2000 >Business & Personal file? I'm getting the following >...

Outlook 2007 fault
Outlook 07 has dramatically slowed down and freezing my computer even after archiving old emails. Cant work without running about 500k mailbox. Does anyone have any solutions? Seems a bitstrange that a new programme should seem so inefficient!! thanks, Sam Sam, you wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 05:08:15 -0700: > Outlook 07 has dramatically slowed down and freezing my computer even after > archiving old emails. Cant work without running about 500k mailbox. Does > anyone have any solutions? Seems a bitstrange that a new programme should > seem so inefficient!! http:/...