how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message

I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
"Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as
"Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????
0
Rajkumar (10)

Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
> "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
> How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to
> as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????

I believe the Save As default type will match the format of the message.  If
your message is an HTML message, the Save As will default to .htm.  If a
Plain Text message, it will default to .txt.  If a Rich Text message, to
..rtf.  There is no way I know to change that.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/25/2006 1:33:49 PM
Dear Brian,

Before Outlook 2003, I am using Outlook Express 6. In which when I am saving
any e-mail in my Inbox by default gets saved as ".eml" extension. Which saves
the attachments as it is with message as in Inbox. Whenever I explore the
saved e-mail & double clicks it, e-mail gets opened as if it is in inbox. I
am able to reply the saved e-mail by clicking on reply button on toolbar.

Now with Outlook 2003, I have to change the "save as type" each time I save
the e-mail in Inbox, which is cumbersome. Also HTML format dosen't saves
attachments with e-mail on hard disk as ".eml" file & I can not reply the
mail saved as HTML as it gets opened in web browser.

Thank you for your reply.

Rajkumar

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
> > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
> > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to
> > as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????
>
> I believe the Save As default type will match the format of the message.  If
> your message is an HTML message, the Save As will default to .htm.  If a
> Plain Text message, it will default to .txt.  If a Rich Text message, to
> ..rtf.  There is no way I know to change that.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Rajkumar (10)
4/25/2006 2:10:02 PM
Is it really neccessary to save mail outside OL?

"Rajkumar" <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Brian,
>
> Before Outlook 2003, I am using Outlook Express 6. In which when I am
saving
> any e-mail in my Inbox by default gets saved as ".eml" extension. Which
saves
> the attachments as it is with message as in Inbox. Whenever I explore the
> saved e-mail & double clicks it, e-mail gets opened as if it is in inbox.
> am able to reply the saved e-mail by clicking on reply button on toolbar.
>
> Now with Outlook 2003, I have to change the "save as type" each time I
save
> the e-mail in Inbox, which is cumbersome. Also HTML format dosen't saves
> attachments with e-mail on hard disk as ".eml" file & I can not reply the
> mail saved as HTML as it gets opened in web browser.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Rajkumar
>
> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
> > Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu.
> > > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML".
> > > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to
> > > as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ??????
> >
> > I believe the Save As default type will match the format of the message.
If
> > your message is an HTML message, the Save As will default to .htm.  If a
> > Plain Text message, it will default to .txt.  If a Rich Text message, to
> > ..rtf.  There is no way I know to change that.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman

0
dl6256 (276)
4/25/2006 4:29:13 PM
Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Before Outlook 2003, I am using Outlook Express 6. In which when I am
> saving any e-mail in my Inbox by default gets saved as ".eml"
> extension. Which saves the attachments as it is with message as in
> Inbox. Whenever I explore the saved e-mail & double clicks it, e-mail
> gets opened as if it is in inbox. I am able to reply the saved e-mail
> by clicking on reply button on toolbar.
>
> Now with Outlook 2003, I have to change the "save as type" each time
> I save the e-mail in Inbox, which is cumbersome. Also HTML format
> dosen't saves attachments with e-mail on hard disk as ".eml" file & I
> can not reply the mail saved as HTML as it gets opened in web browser.

If you want a message saved in Outlook's native format (with file type
..msg), open the Windows folder where you'd like it and drag it from your
Inbox to the folder.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Changing the administrator's mailbox for NDRs
Hi all, I have a problem whereby when I get a non delivery report via email, I want to change the email address which this NDR comes from. I have an Exchange Server 2003, and the NDR comes from an smtp email address which belongs to the administrator account which was used to set up the mail server, although I would like to change which email address its coming from, can anyone advise please? Thanks. ...

Can't Reference A Custom Control On a Custom Form
Does anyone know why I can't reference a custom control (combo box) on a custom form? I use the following: Set FormPage = Item.GetInspector.ModfiedFormPages ("Newform") [Works OK] Set ControlX = FormPage.Controls("cboRequester") [DOES NOT WORK. CODE STOPS AT THIS POINT] I am using Windows 2000 (as a non-ADMIN user) and Outlook 2000. All help is appreciated. ...

Macro or button to pop up printer message!?
Hello I would like to enable a button or macro that i can easily set up so that everytime i change a value from a cell the printer message pops up saying "If i want to print"......can this be done using a macro without programming? Thanks for your time From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514069 John, I think you would need to use a worksheet change event for that, some...

Formatting of chart elements
Is there a way of changing the font of one only of a number of a) category labels; an b) data labels for a series? Leslie - (a) Sadly, no. (b) Gladly, yes. (Give me a break, it's late.) Click once to select the series of labels, then a second time to select the particular label, then press Ctrl+1 to open the format dialog (or double click on it, or choose Selected Item from the Format menu). You can even format individual characters, as long as the label isn't linked to the text in a cell. The workaround for (a) involves (b). Make a custom axis that looks like the existing ...

how far do you think can Microsoft sustain this initiative
Hi Expert, "A recent report in Computer Weekly proclaimed that Microsoft was aiming to steam into untapped SME CRM market" ..how far do you think can Microsoft sustain this initiative This is the step to defend Linex from Microsft. Throw one step ahead. Treasure Just look at how far Microsoft Money sustain? And that is with Quicken around! There is no Quicken like for SME CRM market! Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 is going global.... more steps ahead. IMHO Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other MSCRM Online Forum Resources >-----Orig...

Change domain name
Do some have tips or instruction to change the domain name where crm 3.0 is install You will need to follow the redeployment instruction to redeploy CRM from your old domain to new domain. The tool is in your CRM 3.0 CD. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 30, 1:20 pm, Denis <De...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Do some have tips or instruction to change the domain name where crm 3.0 is > install ...

changing GUID on ActiveX control
I need to change the GUID on an ActiveX control I have, such that two versions of the same control can exist on a local machine. (because the two interfaces are different!). Any idea how I can accomplish this? Thanks, Ike "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<nE9Mc.8956$iK.7851@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>... > I need to change the GUID on an ActiveX control I have, such that two > versions of the same control can exist on a local machine. (because the two > interfaces are different!). > > Any idea how I can accomplish this? Thanks, Ike ...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

How to handle all unhandled exceptions when using Task Parallel Library?
I'm using the Task Parallel Library (TPL) in .NET 4.0. I want to centralize the handling logic of all unhandled exceptions by using the Thread.GetDomain().UnhandledException event. However, in my application, the event is never fired for threads started with TPL code, e.g. Task.Factory.StartNew(...). The event is indeed fired if I use the traditional Thread(threadStart).Start(). This MSDN article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997415%28v=VS.100%29.aspx) suggests to use Task#Wait() to catch the AggregateException when working with TPL, but that is not I want b...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Changing dd/mm/yy to the day of the week
Hi, Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set of dates into the corresponding week day. Ie: I have a column of dates in this format: 01/01/03 thru to 16/10/03. I want to write a quick macro which will then drop into an adjacent cell, the day of the week that each day is, so in column 'A' we have the dates (01/01/03) and in column 'B' we have the day that that date was ie Wednesday. any help would be great. cheers On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:13:51 -0700, Gerald wrote: > Hi, > > Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set > of ...

Saving new record with defaults only
I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the record is NOT being saved, because there is nothing to be saved when all you have is default values. How can I force the save of the new record? mlwallin wrote: > I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from > fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry > required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the ...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Restrict user from sending messages as somebody else?
I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending messages as other users which I want to restrict him from doing. How can I make this happen? We are using Windows Server 2003/Exchange 2003 sp2/Outlook 2003 "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:%23twPSbvmGHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our >backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending >messages as...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab
Using Excel 2003 When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar. I only see the workbook file I am in. What can I do to correct this? This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-) The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while Excel already is open. It will not happen if you have Excel open and open the file from within. HTH, Henk "TomD" wrote: > Using Excel 2003 &...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

How to code a batch file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On Mar 25, 8:37=A0pm, Eric <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an e= xcel > file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric I would try this group. Andy http://groups.google.com/group/alt.msdos.batch.nt?hl=3Den ...

Excel files won't come up
I am having trouble bringing up any Excel file. I get an error message with a error signature like this AppName:Excel.exe AppVer 9.0.0.2719 ModName:mso9:11 ModVer:9.0.0.2720 Offset:00045909 When I look up the tech information at the bottom I get this c:\docume~1\HarryG~1\Locals~1\temp\2958_appcompat.txt I sent this message last week and the remark was to double click and copy the error and reply. I did and I haven't seen any reply yet. I really need to use the Excel files which I use often. All other ofice files OK Help!!! I don't have a guess about what's ...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Delayed Sent Message
In order for a delayed sent message to be sent, do you have to be logged into Outlook? Or if you are logged off and your computer is off, will the delayed message still go? It depends. If you're using an Exchange server (and are *not* using cached mode in Outlook 2003), the mail will be sent even if your computer is off. Otherwise, you will need to leave Outlook running for the message to be sent. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do you display the full message header
I am in receipt of spam I need to report - but I am unable to figure out how to display the full message header so that I can forward it?? Please respond to me directly asap. I am running Outlook 2000 Thanks Right click on message and select Options. The internet header is at the bottom (you can select it with the mouse and then press ctrl + c to get it onto the clipboard for pasting into a new message.) "Denise" <MutualBlue@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1c7f501c45251$09ea11a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am in receipt of spam I need to report - but I am unable >...

User Is Prompted for Password That Is Already Saved
I really need help with this one. I save the password in my Outlook (2002), but it remembers it for only 1 session. The next time I start Outlook, it asks me for my password again. Why is this happening and how can i fix this? I looked for this all over the Microsoft Knowledge Base and the best answer for this i could find was to install SP1 and SP2. Both of them are already installed on my computer. If anyone has any ideas about how this could be fixed, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Kamran If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, t...

File Saving with Text from File
I have a template, and the customer name always goes in the same cell. When I click the save button, I would like to have the customer name pop into the "save as" area instead of having to type it every time. Thanks for your help Only way is to keep opening the same file that already has the customers name. You must be adding dates or numbers after the customers name. Just open up the last file for that customer and tweak the dates/numbers. "jweasl" wrote: > I have a template, and the customer name always goes in the same cell. When I > click the save button, ...