How find appointments that *start* 12a.m.?

I'm using Outlook 2003.  Is there any way to find all appointments that
*begin* at 12 a.m.?

Hint, it is *not* this:

FIND (button) > Options (pull down) > Advanced > (Appointments and Meetings)
 > Advanced (tab) > Field (pull down) > Date/time fields > start (...which
only give options like yesterday, today, last week, etc. ... but not a
specific *time* like 12 a.m.)

The reason I need to see these is, I may have some holdover things from
several upgrades and and old Palm that may have been "no time" in the Palm,
but somehow got tagged as 12 a.m. at some point.

That means, I'll probably never see them since my Outlook and Palm are
(appropriately) set to display things 8 a.m. and beyond.  So, I'd like to
identify these 12 a.m. things and change them to All Day.

Thanks,
George

0
air1 (81)

George,

1. Right-click on the Calendar folder, and select "Advanced Find..." (this
is slightly quicker than the procedure you described).
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
3. Click on the "Field" button, select the "Date/Time fields" sub-menu, and
select "Start"
4. In the "Condition" pull-down list, select "on"
5. In the "Value" field, type "0:00"
6. Click the "Add to List" button
7. Click the "Find Now" button

This will find all agenda (calendar) items that begin at 12:00 AM. This
works whether you use 24-hour time or 12-hour time.

Be aware that in some versions of Outlook (for example, Outlook XP), this
will ALSO find ALL recurring events --- apparently, Outlook stores the time
fields for recurring events somewhere OTHER than in the normal "Start" and
"End" fields, and a blank "Start" field matches a time of "0:00".

--
Michael S. Meyers-Jouan
Please reply to the newsgroup to keep the thread intact

"George" <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003.  Is there any way to find all appointments that
> *begin* at 12 a.m.?
>
> Hint, it is *not* this:
>
> FIND (button) > Options (pull down) > Advanced > (Appointments and
> Meetings)
> > Advanced (tab) > Field (pull down) > Date/time fields > start (...which
> only give options like yesterday, today, last week, etc. ... but not a
> specific *time* like 12 a.m.)
>
> The reason I need to see these is, I may have some holdover things from
> several upgrades and and old Palm that may have been "no time" in the
> Palm, but somehow got tagged as 12 a.m. at some point.
>
> That means, I'll probably never see them since my Outlook and Palm are
> (appropriately) set to display things 8 a.m. and beyond.  So, I'd like to
> identify these 12 a.m. things and change them to All Day.
>
> Thanks,
> George

Thank you Michael,

This works outstanding.

After doing the search, it shows all of the ALL-DAY events as beginning at
12:00 a.m.  That makes sense I think, I just wondered if others have seen
this also.

An anomoly this finds, however, is that for the timed appointments of TODAY,
they also show up in the 12:00a.m. list.  That is... appointments at
9:00a.m., 10:30a.m., 1:00p.m, and so forth.  Seems odd. Is there a chance
you or others might know what's going on here?

Thanks again,
George

0
air1 (81)

M$ Ending Open Discussion Newsgroups!
Joining the leagues of censorship activists, obviously. - "Microsoft said it plans to end support for more than 4,000 old-style newsgroups starting next month, pushing users instead to discussion forums such as those found on the Microsoft Answers, TechNet and MSDN sites. Although venerable, Microsoft said that so-called NNTP newsgroups have past their time in terms of being usable and secure." More at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20004109-56.htm cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Dhu Pin Yoo wrote: > Joining the l...

See this internet package which comes from the M$ Corp.
--jrbgottdponju Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ixnkqviujrde"; type="multipart/alternative" --ixnkqviujrde Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fhzzqcmaw" --fhzzqcmaw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This update includes the functiona...

Find First
I am having trouble making this work. I am trying to do a find in a subform. Dim rs As DAO.Recordset If Not IsNull(Me.Command33) Then Set rs = Forms![fAddGroupCat]![fAddGroupCatSub2].[Form].RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[Descr2] = """ & Me.Command33 & """" If rs.NoMatch Then MsgBox "Not found" Else Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End If Set rs = Nothing End If Thank you, Steven Also: How can you tell it to start at the last record an...

Finding Merged Cells
Is there any (easy) way of finding a cell or cells that have been merged? I am trying to sort a (very large) spreadsheet but can't because Excel "...requires the merged cells to be the same size..." I can always select all and remove the merge - but I am wondering why there are merged cells - hence the reason for trying to find them! Many Thanks - I like the macro solution - it certainly works on a test setup - I'll try it on the real spreadsheet tomorrow >-----Original Message----- >Manually, you could divide and conquer. Select half the range, hit ctrl-1 (t...

boolean find criteria in Excel
Is it possible to set up the Excel Find and replace to find a or b or c in a cell of content a,b,c, etc? Thanks! Trent I wouldn't think so. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "davista00" <davista00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20AE105-09AB-4681-AD60-60E08F0345BF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up the Excel Find and replace to find a or b or c in a > cell of content a,b,c, etc? > > Thanks! > Trent ...

Find duplicate cells
Is there a way to find all the cells with identical entry? I'm trying to find duplicate information but I don't know what the duplicate entries are. Find and replace does not have an option to find something like that. TIA, cpliu Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94A16109E4C87chanciusliuDeleteThi@130.133.1.4... > Is there a way to fi...

Trying to find out if I'm hacked.
I am a new Exchange 2003 admin and I'm trying to find out if my sever has gotten hacked. Here are the symptoms: 1. I am getting odd emails from senders liked Bounced Mail and stuff, saying that I've been sending out massive amounts of spam 2. My server is emailing me alerting me that store.exe is allocating more memory than normal. Here is what I have done this far: 1. Checked my server's queue to see if there are bunch of items, there are none. 2. Run my virus scan program several time and found nothing. So on the surface things seem ok, we are still sending and receivi...

Help finding Exchange Server or Administrator
I have been unable to use Outlook because I I can't access an Exchange Server or get an HTTP address from an. THese are the messages I continue to get, that doesn't allow me to move forward with use. Help! Do you have an exchange server account? If so, contact your email administrator. If you don't have an exchange account (or if you don't know if you do, you probably don't) then you may need to create a new profile. What version of outlook do you have? If you have an exchange account and use OWA, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/20030904.htm if you want...

Advanced Find 05-22-06
Hi, I would like to search for services details using Advanced Find and make/create a report with the resources information. For example... I would like to know the users that are working on a specified service? or What resources groups the user belongs and then make a report with that information. If i go throw the resource group area i can create a report with that information, but it doesnt include the user email for example. Any sugestion how this could be done? thx ...

Word is starting when Outlook does
I think something was changed when I upgraded to Windows XP. Now when Outlook starts it starts Word. Word is my email editor but this is a little annoying. When it's starting it fires off with the "run macros" dialog box. Isn't there supposed to be a MSWord executable that starts on login and runs as a background app? Thank you, Shawn G'Day Shawn, When (Office) Outlook starts Word as its Editor, it usually starts a 'hidden' instance of Word - i.e. Word runs WITHOUT its normal 'Window'. However, if Word needs to communicate with the User (You) then th...

Cannot start the source application for this object #2
I added a .pdf file into an excel spreadsheet workbook. Whenever I try to open the file, I get an error message that say " Cannot start the source application for this object". It will not let me open this Adobe Acrobat document. I do not have a problem opening the .pdf document by itself outside the excel spreadsheet. Thanks, Charlie Hi, we have the same problem with TIF files. On an XP computer it doesn't work. If we do this on an Office 2000 running on Terminal Server it works fine ... Any idea ? It has to do with the Imaging application. Wangimg.exe is not running...

Advanced Find in contact's birthday problem
Hi, I'm having a simple problem in MS CRM 3.0 regarding advanced find with Contact's birthday. My filter criteria is Contact's Birthday as entity and operator "Today". The result is nothing. But when I checked the birthday of one of the contact, there exists at least one. I noticed that the advanced find also matching the year. when I changed the birthday from 7/20/1954 to 7/20/2006, the advanced find output the result. How can we go about this problem? True, this is one of the thing I hope Microsoft will implement in the next version (or better service pack :)) ...

ADO FIND question
I have a VB program accessing non-indexed tables (by primary key). I'm using the RECORDSET.OPEN / RECORDSET.FIND syntax, coupled with RECORDSET.MOVENEXT. I would like to be able to stop the quesry when the last record with my specified value is found. How can I do that when the field I'm using is not indexed (even though it's a key field)? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! A primary key is an index. I'm not sure that I understand the rest of your question. How is your code supposed to know that the last record to match your criteria is the last record without...

Cannot find GWL97.xla
when I try to open or close a file in other then safe mode xl flashes cannot find GWL97.xla, I am using office 97, everything works of in safe mode. Can anyone Help, I am new at excell, but am used to lotus 123. "Roger Poor" <r.poor@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:03cf01c347b4$70ecd340$3501280a@phx.gbl... > when I try to open or close a file in other then safe mode > xl flashes cannot find GWL97.xla, I am using office 97, > everything works of in safe mode. Can anyone Help, I am > new at excell, but am used to lotus 123. I beleive GWL97.xla is a Groupwi...

DirSync of Novell Connector, doesn't find existing users
DirSync of Novell Connector, doesn't find existing users ...

Macro to find the first cell in a column with different data
Hello, I really could use some of your expert and excellent help with a problem I am having in creating a macro to perform a search in "Column A" to locate a change in the data in that column and then move one column to the right and one row down and type "1" in that cell. I really appreciate your help, and Have a Blessed Holiday Season. Perhaps this might also do it here .. Assuming data is in A1 down, of the structure as below: 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 etc Put in B2: =IF(A2<>A1,1,"") Copy down Kill the formulas in col B with an in-place: Copy > Paste spe...

finding hidden tab settings
I appear to have some hidden tab settings from text that I have imported from WordPerfect. How do I find and delete them? I am accustomed to using "Reveal Codes" and am totally lost. I did save the text as text only, but it appears that the tabs came over with the text. ...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

IIS 6 cannot start on Exchange 2003 server
Trying to access the public folders through ESM I get the error The connection was refused. Ensure that your HTTP virtual servers are all started and check that the WWW service is running. The IIS default site cannot start. Why can't it start? Is there a port conflict? -- Michael Bell Bell Consulting Services, Inc. No emails please. "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:nthig0tds1fn088ou9edf5mdi25dos9i6t@4ax.com... > Trying to access the public folders through ESM > I get the error The connection was refused. Ensure that your HTTP virtual > servers ...

Start Date Change from My Tasks
When a user modifies the start date in My Tasks and published to the PM, the correct dates show in the "change acceptance" window; however, the new date does not show correctly in the client task start date field. The gantt chart does show that the task has been delayed (with a dotted line) with the task starting at the new start date. The dotted line starts at the old start date. Changing finish dates appear to work correctly. Suggestions Sorry . . . running PS 2007 with June CU. "Jim Sipe" wrote: > When a user modifies the start date in My Task...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile.
CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile. I have uninstalled the CRM Laptop Client for Outlook from his profile and deleted the MSCRM. pst, Re-installed CRM Laptop Client for Outlook with my profile but still can see other user login. Even webclient opens with his login, it doesnt promts for Username & Password after installing CRM Laptop Client for Outlook. Thanks in advance ...

Auto Starting Excel
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to have Excel open at a certain time (e.g 0900) and have it open a Macro to run. I have files which are auto loaded to a shared area but need to run the Macro's on them, I cant leave my PC on 24/7 but would like the Excel document to auto-open and run the Macro on a server. Can any one assist? Thanks Drew Use Windows Task Scheduler to start Excel with a shortcut to the workbook in question. Run the macro from a Workbook_Open event in the workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:07:02 -0700, Drew1707 <Drew1707@discussions...

Find the top value in a list
I have a worksheet created in EXCEL 2003 which i use to record swimmers times in several lists. One examlpe is in cells D109 to 113. In cells D111 to 113 are recent times and D109 to 110 are empty. As I add current times to the top of the list. I want to be able to retrive the current value at the top of the list and show it in D106. D107 & 108 are used for other values. At present I have the following formula in cell D106 =OFFSET(D108,COUNTBLANK(D109:D113)+COUNTA(D109,D113),0). This works well but makes updating the list difficult. Is there a simpler way to achive the same...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file
how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file since the file is very big!! joe wrote: > how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file > since the file is very big!! You can read through the XML document with an Xml(Text)Reader, that is forward only pull parsing where your code only pulls in the current node. The documentation is here <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlTextReaderClassTopic.asp> for .NET 1.x and here <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlreader(...