How do you set up an "Out of Office" auto reply??

Can someone give me some quick, easy directions?
0
anonymous (74722)

http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, VLC asked:

| Can someone give me some quick, easy directions?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Out of office replies and exchange 2003
I am a bit new to exchange 2003. Can anyone point me in the right direction for out of office replies, meaning, can I set certain addresses to not send them to, like email lists or discussion groups? if so how? thanks Out of office replies to the internet are disabled by default. You can allow them to specific domains under Global Settings. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:50:44 -0700, "tester" <tester@testthis.net> wrote: >I am a bit new to exchange 2003. Can anyone point me in the right direction >for out of office replies, meaning, can I set certain addresses to not ...

Out of Office Assistant not working #2
Hi I have a user who is having problems with Out Of Office Assistant. When he sets the Assistant, no one receives an e-mail back saying he is out of the office. I have tried this on another PC, and it still does not work. I have set up the Assistant for another e-mail profile on his PC and it works. I think there has to be a setting on Exchange Administrator for this. Has anyone seen this problem before? Regards Are you trying this for both internal and external mail recipients? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -...

Out of Office #8
Is there a way to set the Out of Office message to only be sent to internal addresses? I get daily e-mails from various addresses externally that do not receive e-mail and I do not want to send them the OOO message - each time one of those addresses receives my automated response I get multiple notifications that I cannot send mail to that address. THanks, "lmaguire" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023c01c3b2bd$4df12c00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set the Out of Office message to only be > sent to internal addresses? I get d...

Out of Office Reply #21
This may be an unachiveable request but....... when user at my company sets their out of office replys i would like to know if you can configure them to only reply to legitamate addresses i.e the one's that are in their contacts list. I ask this because at the moment any spam that get's through our server and onto their Outlook files are being responded to by our users, or should i say auto-responded to and i am worried that this is going to corse a long term affect on our server. Any advise wuld be welcome. Thanks Turn off auto replies to the internet or turn them off alto...

"Leave message intact" Forward method not in Out of Office Assistant #2
Hello! We use Outlook 2000 at work and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do something similar to the "Leave message intact" Forward method in the Out of Office Assistant, but in the regular Rules Wizard instead. I receive many automatic notification emails when users make changes to the contact names in our database, and since I am not in the office in the morning, they are receive my Out of Office replies all morning long. I was thinking of having Tech Support create a fake contact for these messages to be sent to instead, and then have the messages for...

Out of office not working #2
Hi, i have a problem with the out of office assistent, the thing is that if i turn the function on, only the internal network will receive the message but the outside world does not get anything, now i did change the function on my exchange server that out of office is allowed, (global settings) but still it does not work and will not send a message to the outside world, anybody an idea what i am doing wrong Systems is a w3k+w3k exchange / xp+office 2003 also on a winnt 4+exchange 5.x /xp +officd 97 Thankscould it be that a firewall prefents the way the mail is send (port 25/110 ect) ...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Out of office assistant #19
I have a user that is receiving the following error message when opening outlook. Any ideas? The out of office assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error. Thanks, Trey ...

Out of Office sent but NOT WORKING
I am running Exchange 5.5 and Win2K with Office 2000 on the desktop. I have one user that sets her Out of Office but no one IN the domain gets the auto reply. She has no rules set. It works fine for everyone else. Any ideas? Please help. Thanks Vince ...

forward emails to the internet when Out of office
My users need their messages to be forwarded to their yahoo or hotmail account when they are Out of office. Im using Exchange 2003 and it seems to prevent messages to be forwarded to an external address. I wish to disable forwarding of out of office replies but enable forwarding the email messages my users receive. Also, im looking for a way to disable such restrictions for all users at once, not a workaround for each users. OWA and RPC over HTTP is not considered. Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352 I would however recommend that you not enable auto fo...

Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 . . .
I want to run the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000. Outlook tells me to go to Tools and then to Out of Office Assistant, but there is no such option. Does anyone have any ideas on how to send an automated Out of Office message from Outlook 2000? I was just looking for this myself this morning. I am running into the same problem, and have searched for a fix and have'nt been able to find one. If you happen to get an answer from someone, would you please forward it to my email? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >I want to run the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook ...

Out of Office Assistant
I am trying to set out of assistant and keep getting the following message. The Out of Office Assistant could not be dispayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error. I then click okay and get the following :- System resources are critically low. Close some windows. Anyone know why ... my system has lots of resource Can you enable/disable the OoOA by using Outlook Web Access? If you don't know about OWA contact your mail administrator for server details. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Cr...

Out of office turn off reminder doesn't work
Hi Outlook Gurus, We are moving our computers in our organisation from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Several staff have noticed that if you use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2007, it doesn't automatically remind you to turn it off when you return as it did in Outlook 2003. I also understand you can now specify to turn it on from a particular date before you leave. However, I cannot find any options at the Outlook 2007 client end (via Tools, Options) that remedy this problem. Does this need to be set on the Exchange server side? Can anyone help? Thank you Re...

Out of office message
Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your email? Can you do this or not? I have tried everything and can not get it. Any help would be great. If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and c...

What happened to my out of office reminder?
In Outlook 2003, I used to get a reminder when I started Outlook and I had been out of the office (out of office turned ON). Now all I get is a barely noticeable task bar note. This is becoming a major pain. I've gone days back int he office before someone has to remind me to turn off my out of office. So, what happened to the pop-up reminder that your Out of Office is on and how do I get it back? It's gone from outlook 2007 because you can set Outlook to turn it off at a specific time. What version of Exchange server do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Out of Office #12
Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked everywhere! Goto Tools -> then select Out of Office Assistant. >-----Original Message----- >Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked >everywhere! >. > Alex <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked > everywhere! The Out of Office Assistant is available only if you receive messages via Exchange. You can use a rule to approximate it otherwise. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS ...

Missing 'Out of Office' tool
The "Out of Office" tool is missing in my Outlook 2002. Is there a download to add it? In article <00fe01c3ba80$bf143a60$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |The "Out of Office" tool is missing in my Outlook 2002. |Is there a download to add it? | If you do not connect to Exchange Server, you haven't got it. ...

Out of Office Reply #18
Using Outlook with Windows XP. If the Out of Office Reply is set to On, can you exclude certain group lists from receiving it ...

Out of Office Assistant #30
Hi, In Outlook 2000, I have add a rule in the 'out of office assistant' to delete away certain emails when I am not in the office so as not to increase my mailbox size. But the email is actually moved to 'deleted items'. How can I set it to remove the email permanently? Thanks in Advance DES One of the settings in the Rules should be "permenantly delete it". >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > In Outlook 2000, I have add a rule in the 'out of >office assistant' to delete away certain emails when I am >not in the office ...

Exchange 2003 scheduled out of office
Hello, Exchange 2K7 has a new feature: scheduled out of office. How can we have a similar functionality in Exchange 2K3? Our users only need to set a start and end date, like they used to do in Lotus Notes. (migration in progress) No difference is needed between internal and external mail. Are there any scripts, third-party tools,... available? I Googled, but all I found were references to Exchange 2K7 -- Amedee On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:51:13 -0700, Amedee Van Gasse <Amedee.VanGasse@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Exchange 2K7 has a new feature: scheduled out of office. > &...

Out of office assistant #43
I have a couple of users that cannot use out of office assistant because it is not auto replying. I am running on Exchange 2k sp3 using Outlook 2k on the client side. Pleas e help! ...

Out of Office Assistant Missing
I can not turn off my Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assitant has disappeared from my Outlook 2000 "Tools" folder. Can anyone give me an idea of how to add Out of Office back to my Toolbar. Thanks BW Are the Exchange Extensions being loaded? See Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Addin Manager. "Bwallace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30e101c463b1$f956e800$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I can not turn off my Out of Office Assistant. The Out of > Office Assitant has disappeared from my Outlook > 2000 "Too...

Out of Office #21
Is there anyway to change the default reply message so that it will send a response more than 1 time to a sender's email address? Can it be set to respond to every email even if multiple messages are received from the same sender? i am pretty sure that OOO will only reply once to each sender . . .but you can set up a rule in Outlook to achieve the desired effect. lol. "Carrie" <ckarras@cmyers.com> wrote in message news:1e26101c4549d$08b00ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to change the default reply message so > that it will send a response more than 1 ...

[FIXED] For those with error : "Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again Later."
Hello, We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, and one user had this error with OL2007. It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003 (Help, About, Disabled items). Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003). And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it ! HPH. Luuke Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please? "Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c6e7756f-618d-48a3-8101-0d2edd9c0ef2@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > We are in the p...

Out of Office (OOF) not working
Hello OOF isnt working on one of our users mailbox, ie. she turns it on, but it doesnt auto reply. ive searched through the existing posts on solutions but still no joy. Ive disabled/re-enable OOF setting in Exchange admin. The user has no exisitng rules setup. The oof never worked so it cannot have been send one per user. Im using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Any help, would help! thanks Jay If new mailboxes are working fine, you may want to take the simple "shotgun" approach of exporting the users data to PST, saving out the rules, and then creating a new mailbo...