How do you block the view of emails sent to a distribution list

I just started using distibution lists, but I can't
figure out how to hide from view the To: email addresses
when I send an email to the list.   the KB was not
helpful.
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Send all email addresses bcc.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/23/2004 5:31:30 PM
Dah!. Why didn't I think of that.
Thanks,
Greg

0
anonymous (74722)

Outboud Receipts; view
Some message came in requesting read reciepts. I accepted the reciept request. Now I have reciepts that will not send and I would like to remove them from the queue. Because they are stuck I cannot send any outgoing mail on this account. Nothing shows up in the outbox but when send/receive(ing) it shows the receipt count and fails. Anybody have an idea how to view/remove these bad outbound receipts? Thanks, Greg get Outlookspy (www.dimastr.com/outspy/) and use it to delete the receipts. They are hidden in the top level of the mailbox or personal folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

Creating a view with concatenated columns
I have a table with about 20 columns and I am trying to create a view of it that includes about 10 columns. The problem is that in the process, I am trying to concatenate some fields into one field and I am unable to get any thing working. Below is one example of my attempts to tackle this. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. // The following should be considered as pseudo-SQL CREATE function [dbo].[fn_myview] (@CardNo varchar(11)) returns Table as BEGIN declare @FullName as nvarchar(128) (SELECT FirstName, FatherName, GFatherName, FamilyName, Birthdate, Birthplace...

Outlook Express Blocks all my attachments
It believes my access to all received attachments should be blocked. How do I correct this, over ride this? Outlook Express has an option to block attachments. According to Microsoft, this feature is not enabled by default, but judging from feedback to Microsoft, it is enabled at least in some circumstances. Users are also reporting that nearly all of the attachments they receive are considered unsaf To turn off this feature in Outlook Express: 1. Select Options from the Tools menu 2. Click on the Security ta 3. Uncheck the box that says “Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ...

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

Count data or list
I am trying to count a data group and return the quanity of unique entries: It might look like this: The data would be in cols & rows 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long the result would be: 4 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 2 brown widgets 52.1 inches long Any simple straight forward way to do this??? Thanks, Spydor -- spydor ----------------------------------------------------...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Text Wrapping and received Emails
I have received an email that has lines in it longer than the page width and dont wrap. I have tried help and searching here but cant find a way to have outlook automatically word wrap incoming messages to fit the text to the window any ideas please? Cheers JD Are you sure this is a Plain Text e-mail? These should be wrapped automatically for Outlook 2002 and 2003. HTML messages will be displayed in the way got formatted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful = to some: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34 Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31 ...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

Not in the list event
Hi, I have combo box the takes data from Customerstbl. If a user type into the combo box i would like to propmt him with massage and give hm the option to add it to the table. What is the correct code in the Not in the list event? Thank you , Tom Tom Take a look at http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=0000000011#notinlist for an example, this is something that you can costumize depending on the situation. If you search this forum, or google not in list even you'll get tons more examples. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "Tom" <part...

Converting an Excel List into Access
I am unable to import a specific excel document into Access. I have done countless other imports and never encountered an error. What are some possible reasons for being unable to import the file? Yes all that shows up is: "An error occured while trying to import(directory path here). The file was not imported" >-----Original Message----- >What happens when you try to import it? Is there an error message? > >Dano wrote: >> I am unable to import a specific excel document into >> Access. I have done countless other imports and never >> encountered...

Spam sent from outside to our internal users, from our internal users addresses!!! E2k
I've seent this problem alot, but it hasn't haunted me for a while until today. Getting messages frmo users@mydomain.com, to users@mydomain.com. Using Exchange 2000, SP3 (+post fixes), on a W2k Sp4 box. I have the SMTP server settings to only allow to 10.x subnets to relay. This works if someone tries to relay to outside of us... but someone can send from any address to our domain, and I can't find any white papers that address this. I've checked 'Perform Reverse DNS on incoming messages", but this doesn't solve the problem. There has to be a way to specify that y...

Viewing 4 different graphs at once
HELP I have a workbook with 4 sheets. Each sheet has a graph on it. I want to show all 4 graphs on one sheet in a window pane environment. But I can't click on the chart and get it to allow me to do a Window - Split Any help would be greatly appreciatied Thank Kell Hi Kelly - Insert a blank worksheet. Right click on each chart in turn, select Location from the pop up menu, select the As Object option, and select the new sheet from the drop down list. When you've gotten all four charts onto the sheet, you can arrange them to your liking. If you hold down the Alt key while ...

SQL script to create views
I think I saw a script somewhere on CustomerSource that would crete views with Table Display Names - would anybody know where to find it? Thanks, Mario Do a search for SDK and GenView (or Gen View, and it's part of the SDK). I believe that's what it's called. It's not so much a script as it is a utility. Clint "Mario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5ee01c465b4$e345d620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I think I saw a script somewhere on CustomerSource that > would crete views with Table Display Names - would anybody > know wh...

Using Web Services To Add Leads to Marketing List
Is it possible to use web services to add leads/contacts to marketing list? I have a sales contact form that creates a lead, and I want to give those leads the option to signup for a mailing list we have. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, know any examples? Thanks, Tareef Hi Tareef, The messages to handle list membership are AddMemberList and RemoveMemberList. They are described in the SDK documentation along with some sample code. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup D...

finding the second largest number in a list

I can't send or receive email
I have a new computer with Windows XP & Microsoft Office for Small Business. I have never tried to use my email account until today. For security reasons, I first installed Norton Internet security. I then configured my email account. Everything seems to be working in the programs except for the fact that I can't send or receive email. Do you have any solutions? First disable Norton completely, and try a send/receive. Then get back to us. "Arnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067e01c3a5c2$78970ef0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

compare data in two lists to find matching entries #4
I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification reference e.g. Colum A Colum B abc123456 nmg4568987 ahsj45236 abc123456 ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example abc123456 nmg4568987 No match found ahsj45236 abc123456 Match found ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 No match found Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work. =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$3,B1)>0,"M...

Views in Outlook
I'm using Outlook 2002 and am having issues with the Views... - I created a custom view while in my "Outlook Today" folder and gave it a unique name. - I apply the view to several folders within the "Outlook Today" folder (is there a way to apply it globally?) - I notice that I need to alter the formatting, so I go to the "Outlook Today" folder and change the formatting to my view. - The folders using that view *DO NOT* change to reflect the current formatting of this view. If I go to define views while in one of these folders I do not see the changes that we...

Interactive email
I want to create a form that I can email to friends with boxes they can check and then send back. Can this be created in MS Publisher? Well, thanks XXZFZFCJKCGHXGFBJXFFO.. I was hoping for something a little more informative.. Anyone Are your 'friends' incapable of typing - Yes - No - Maybe - Perhaps -- Well, I guess thats one way to "solve" a problem.. thanks... ...