How do you add text to custom columns created thru the Field Chooser pls?

Hello,

If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I
enter text into it afterwards?

I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when
I forward or reply to the message.

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.

Thanks,

- Alan.

0
Alan

If you directly want to fill it out in the message list you'll have to
enable "allow in-cell editing" for your view.
The technique would be similar to;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/150

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I
> enter text into it afterwards?
>
> I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when
> I forward or reply to the message.
>
> Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Alan.

0
Roady

splitting one column into two columns ... not what you think
i have fixed column widths that can't be changed; nor can any other columns be added to the worksheet ... i've got data in one column that represents "results" ... within the results column though, i need two columns (starting directly below the "results" cell, one that reads "in range" and that other that reads "out of range" ... so: if i'm on [column a] [cell 1] i want: "results" ... in [column a] [cell 2] i want: "in range" AND "out of range" with a line down the middle. "text to column" is ...

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Finding duplicates in column
Hi, I have Excel 2002 and have 6000 emails addresses in a column. How can I find if there are any duplicates in that column? Thanks rock Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,$A1)>1,"Duplicate","") Cpy that down, then you can filter column B for Duplicate Sorry to be so newby Bob, but when you say 'copy' down, what exactly do you mean? I have entered the formula in B1 but.. Thanks rock Bob Phillips wrote: > Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of > > =IF(COUNTI...

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

object not being created
hello, I created a dialog based application.I pop up a modal dialog from the menu created in my application.Class midialog is associated with this dialog resource.By mistake i created an obj of this class in the menu handler as shown in code below. OnMenu()//handler in my application dialog class.i.e.main dialog { midialog m_d; m_d.DoModal();//creating my modal dialog } after couple of daysi realized that i wanted the obj not inside the handler but in the class CMainDlg(class of the main dialog).So i removed above code and tried to declare a variable of type midialog m_d(again,s...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

Column styles doesn't appear on the worksheet
Hello, one of my customers has changed the windows xp designs to its own. From this moment excel doesn't show the font color and the background color of a cell in the worksheet. Only in the print preview you can see the color settings of the cells. I'm not shure if this problem belongs to the changing of the windows xp designs, but from this moment it did occur. This occurs on new excel-documents and on existing ones. With another user account on the same machine the problem doesn't occur. I have reinstalled Office 2003 and even deleted user registry entries for Office...

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Field mapping for Opportunity Products
Why I can't add some field mapping for OpportunityProduct system relation with Opportunity? I need to know the default pricelist that was assigned for an Opportunity when I am at OpportunityProduct form. ...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Help ! formatting data to text

Hide columns if there are no entry's in column
Hi everyone, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. One sheet is a overview from all the sheets and had all dates in it. Is there a VBA to hide columns when there are no entry's in it? The code has to work when I open the sheet "overview" Hope someone can help me with it! Thanks in advanced! Regards Berry Berry, If you have a row that when blank would indicate which columns to hide, you could use On Error Resume Next Rows("1:1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireColumn.Hidden = True HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <blommerse@saz.nl> wrote in message news:118...

Missing column letters
Hello there, I have lost the letters at the top of my columns and the numbers to the left. I don't know what I have clicked! Any help is appreciated! Julia Hi Julia tools / options / view tab ensure row & column headers are ticked cheers JulieD "Julia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2f4601c51f29$af4e6d80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello there, > > I have lost the letters at the top of my columns and the > numbers to the left. > > I don't know what I have clicked! Any help is appreciated! > > Julia Julia, ...

Dead space at end of column
I am working on a multi-paged document that is legal-sized, landscape orientation with three columns on each page. At the end of page two, I have a recurring problem with the cursor jumping to page 3 about two-thirds of the way down the column. I cannot type in that area. Displaying formatting characters reveals nothing to show that there is a problem there. This does not happen in any other location on the document. Check the jumping paragraphs to see if many of them are formatted as "Keep with next" and "Keep lines together." Or perhaps one as "Page b...