How do I view my calendar by a label I've created?

I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use)
and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I
choose.  Is there anyway to do this?  I have gone through all the help menus
and can't find anything.  I found instructions on how to create a filtered
view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of my
options.  Any suggestions?

View | (Arrange By) | Current View | Customize Current VIew | Filter

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"drewsmomchris" <drewsmomchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:EBBC6A07-18E6-41A3-8E83-D7C405795B4A@microsoft.com...
>I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home =
use)=20
> and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as =
I=20
> choose.  Is there anyway to do this?  I have gone through all the help =
menus=20
> and can't find anything.  I found instructions on how to create a =
filtered=20
> view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one =
of my=20
> options.  Any suggestions?

0
suemvp (4038)
10/21/2005 9:49:33 PM
On your View menu, go to Arrange By > Current View then either Customize
Current View or Define Views. You should be able to filter an existing view
or create a new filtered view there

"drewsmomchris" <drewsmomchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use)
> and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I
> choose.  Is there anyway to do this?  I have gone through all the help
> menus
> and can't find anything.  I found instructions on how to create a filtered
> view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of
> my
> options.  Any suggestions?

0
vince8328 (2733)

Customizing the search in the "members of a marketing list" view
Hi! We have a strange problem with the search in the "members of a marketing list" view. If we do a search for a last name, there are no hits, even though there is such a contact in the marketing list. If we do the search for the same contact with the first name or a "*" before the lastname (for example "*gates") we get the contact we were looking for. I guess our CRM is only searching in the field with the full name... Everywhere else, the search works as expected and we can find the contact even with searching only for his last name. I checked the defau...

Inbox view
I am able to add the "office location" field to the inbox view, how do I get it to display the information (in my case it is the room number of messages sent from users listed on the GAL in my office that I am interested in seeing). is it possible to have this information display? if so how? Since the Office Location field is a Contact field and not a Mail field, adding it to your Inbox view won't help the values to show up. (They'd show up if you added the Office Location field to a Contact folder view.) You'd need to use a custom field in the Inbox and populate ...

Unable to save new events in Windows Live Mail Calendar
I have several calendars from Vista Windows Calendar that were imported into Windows Live Calendar (online). Windows Live Mail Calendar was then synched to Windows Live Calendar, and all the events showed up correctly. I can drag and drop existing events in WLMC, from one date to another, and they show up OK, both in WLMC and WLC. I can add new events in WLC, and they show up both in WLC and WLMC. But if I add a new event in WLMC, when I click Save & Close it does not show up in either calendar. (Running on Win 7). To ensure we are clear..you cannot add an event in Windows Li...

Cannot create new PO
We cannot create new PO in the system. We are getting an error "Item Engineering for this Item must be configured" when we try to create a new PO and select a line item Any ideas? I cannot think of anything significant, but this started after we configured Item Resource Planning for Items for use with PO Generator application. Hi Aman, I had the same issue when MFG was installed. It appears that the Item Engineering Data must exist for all items you want to use. Instead of entering Item Engineering Data for all items, I ran an SQL query to populate the Item Engineering Data t...

Printing filtered mailing labels
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01CAC286.016FC9B0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0032_01CAC286.016FC9B0" ------=_NextPart_001_0032_01CAC286.016FC9B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am currently using Frankling Planning Software (circa 2003) to print = mailing labels. I can easily set up tabs to filter the contacts and = print the labels. I've copied all my contacts into Outlook I need to transition away from FPS ...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

How to retrieve entirely my contact and Calendar
Very urgent and vital I was able finally to retrieve all my mails and folder in my outlook. I need to do the something for my contacts (my address book) and calendar. Could you please explain to me the step by step, thank you? ...

when is the time right to create a sub to do something?
hello i have a project where i have lots of fields that filter things on the forms. i have the typical apply filter button, but i have also been using a key catch for the enter key. when a user updates the filtering field and hits enter i cause it to requery the sub query that the filtering field creates a filter for. on some forms the amount of times i put in the code: If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn Then Me.mySubform.Requery End If is ridiculous. so the question is should i make a routine for the form(s) that calls the little bit of code? it seems so repeatative to put th...

Custom Views Disappear
I use Outlook on a corporate exchange network. I have customized views that group my inbox and tasks in assorted ways. These custom views keep disappearing. I can't create a view with the same name, so it must be somewhere. Strangely, they will reappear from time to time. Where are these views stored? How can I get them back? What can be done to make this behavior stop? Thank you! M ...

How to trap keystrokes in a view embedded in a Dialog
Hello there, I have embedded a view inside a property page for presenting a preview of header and footer of page. I have used Property page as the frame window and created the view dynamically from a class derived from CScrollView. I am handling the drawing and things except for keystrokes work fine. I am facing problem with keystrokes. I am not getting any keyboard messages into the view so that when up/down/right/left arrows are pressed, the view can be scrolled. How do I resolve this issue? Any help/pointers are highly appreciated. Thanks ...

Creating Bubble Charts
How do you create a bubble chart that displays the legend as a description of the 3rd variable (the bubble size)? For example, how would you create the following bubble chart where the x-axis is column B, y-axis is column C, bubble size is column D and legend is column A? A1: B1:Gross Rev C1:Net Income D1:# of Plants A2:East B2:830,000 C2:35,000 D2:26 A3:West B3:620,000 C3:54,000 D3:13 A4:North B4:150,000 C4:80,000 D4:40 A5:South B5:41,000 C5:15,000 D5:35 Any insight will be helpful! Hi Tina I would create a bubble chart and use one of the following tools for labelling the...

Create a button to find the next record
Hi I am trying to create a button to find the next record for a particular studentID. There is a main form and subform. I want to be able to find all relevent subforms for a particular student. The master link id is STUDENTID and the child link id is STUDENTID_FK. So for student #1, when I click on the subform and click on the button, it would cycle through all this student's records. What is the best way to set up this button? Thank you for your help in advance. You already have one that is built in. Just click the navigation button right of the record number ...

Remove Calendar
Hello Is there a way to remove a calendar folder from a mailbox and replace it with another one? I have a personal Calendar folder in a mailbox I wish to replace with another calendar. However Outlook 2003 will not let me remove a Calendar folder from a mailbox? Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003? Regards Dominic You can't remove Outlook System folders (Inbox, Deleted Items, Sent Items, Calendar, etc.) - at least not easily. Can't you just import the *data* from your personal calendar folder? Just save the contents of it to a pst file, and then use Outlook's import...

i created folders and now they are gone help!
I'm on outlook 2007, put important emails in there and poof, gone! it's magic Check your View. "jdoubleh" <jdoubleh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EEAA52B-897C-437D-AA01-15983153EBAC@microsoft.com... > I'm on outlook 2007, put important emails in there and poof, gone! ...

How to set view titles in this scenario.
Hi My application always creates two view on file new, file open . Its a MDI application. I have refered following link. http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/article.php/c3275/ Problem is , when I execute the application, and new document is automatically created. But the both view titles remain same. I want them to be xxx1:1 and xxx1:2 but both of them display xxx1 only. This is not the case when I manually click file->new. How to set the proper view titles here. thanks leee. The link you mentioned does not work. If you are setting titile of MDI child frame, you can...

Tree View of spreadsheet tabs: is it possible?
PROBLEM: Suppose I have a workbook with the following sheets: USA-north USA-south USA-east USA-west USA-west-region1 USA-west-region2 CAN-north CAN-south QUESTION: Is there any way to display a "collapsable tree view" of the sheets? (in a side panel that occupies the entire left side of the GUI, similar to what you would see in msft windows "explorer tree view"). It would be nice to have a view where the topmost 'nodes' of the tree would be USA and CAN which are collapsable and expandable to reveal and hide the various child nodes associated with them. RATIONALE...

Is it possibe
I need to be able to allow users access to other users calendars through OWA. I can do this but I have to give the users full access to the other users mailbox. Is it possible to just give rights to the calendar? I am doing it by using https:\\mailserver\exchagne\username\calendar "Bad Beagle" <maxwelli@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:uAydcY2LHHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I need to be able to allow users access to other users calendars through >OWA. I can do this but I have to give the users full access to the other >users mailbox. Is it poss...

Calendar, in month view
Calendar used to open with a blue cell highlighted in the current day and date. After some "auto" updates that is no longer the case. (MS Office XP sp3). I have done the uninstall and reinstall Outlook, but change. Anyone else with this issue? -- Thanks for taking time to respond to the "Searcher". ...

Cannot modify views
I have a problem when trying to modify views. When i want to start customizing the account views (or other entity views) i get a error. This happens when the grid with the views is opened. I get the error to contact my system admin. The rest of the application works fine. I am able to customize the form and publish them. Can someone help met with this problem? Regards Ron Wallegie Ron, Have you checked the Application Log for errors? They may be more helpful than what you have here. -- Bullitt Fitzhugh Integrated Business Systems www.ib-systems.com "Ron Wallegie" wrote: ...

How to view frame by frame in full screen mode?
I seem to be able to do it out of full screen, but in full screen those options are greyed out, and the keyboard shortcuts don't work either. ...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

keybd_event and labels HELP!!!
Hi, I'm writing an "on screen keyboard" like the windows one, with Visual C++ 6 and MFC support. I'm looking at SendInput and keybd_event functions to simulate keyboard events. I saw there are many problems (maybe focus derived) to send character messages to other windows like Internet Explorer... and in general with all the applications in which the cursor is active in a text box. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks a lot! ;) ...

Error creating Distribution group SBS 2003/Exchange 2003
When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message that "Exchange could not create public folder" Then if I choose OK it says "Do you want to keep this dist group?" I have tried everything I can think of. We have to create these folders ASAP. How can I troubleshoot this? I tried network monitoring but that didn't help - unless I am doing something wrong. SBS and Exchange on same server obviously. Dan "Danno" <Danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message tha...

CRM 4.0
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to translate all labels with the “export labels for translation” function and Microsoft Excel. a. When exporting translations and adding translations in the language specific column (1033 / English in my situation) not all labels get translated. Most labels get translated, but for example the following did not: i. ‘Beheer’ --> ‘Administration’ (Name of a tab on the Task entity ii. ‘Interne gegevens’ à ‘Internal Information’ (Name of a section on many different enti...

How can I clean up old calendar entries?
My mailbox size keeps growing. I can take care of my inbox, sent items, deleted files; but I don't know how to get rid of old calendar entries. This just keeps growing and growing. Change you Calendar view to the All Appointments view via the View-> Current View menu. You can now handle the calendar items like in a mail folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "...