How do I unlock the document in my Windows Messenger?

I have been trying to use the Windows Messenger that was pre installed in my
computer and I have even upgraded to Windows Messenger 5.1 hoping that I
could finally utilize it but unfortunately, everytime I would send a message,
There is always that statement that" the modification of this document is
locked". Can you please help me with this and unlock whatever it is that has
been locked so I can use the Windows Messenger?

Messenger? Are you trying to relate this to Outlook somehow?
FYI Messenger 5.1 is extremely old. You should upgrade.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"rockspyder" wrote:

> I have been trying to use the Windows Messenger that was pre installed in my
> computer and I have even upgraded to Windows Messenger 5.1 hoping that I
> could finally utilize it but unfortunately, everytime I would send a message,
> There is always that statement that" the modification of this document is
> locked". Can you please help me with this and unlock whatever it is that has
> been locked so I can use the Windows Messenger?
0
KOrland1 (1012)

Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

Using the windows firewall
I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to work? HTTPS = 443 Or if no SSL, then HTTTP = 80. Is this the only firewall between your server and the internet? troy wrote: > I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the > internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in > Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to > work? >...

A/P Tables
Hi, Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? Which column hold the check number? Are payments via credit-card in the same table(s) with checks? Many thanks, -Itai You can find this information in the SDK found on the second Great Plains cd. Payments are payments. The type is a column in the table. "Itai" wrote: > Hi, > Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? > Which column hold the check number? > Are payments via credit-card in the same table(s) with checks? > Many thanks, > -Itai > > > > > Charles, The SDK indic...

Saving Documents in 2007 OneNote
I click save as, I give the document a name, and click save. The screne updates itself, and then a document that I saved 2 months ago is now on the screne inplace of the one I just had wanted to save, with the name that I just typed of the document that I had just wanted to save. Example I want to save my "receipt for tires", I click save as, name it "receipt for tires", click save, and a poem that I saved 2 months ago comes up on the screne now with the saved name of "receipt for tires". This happend with every document that I try to save, and it...

Printing hyperlinked Documents
Hello, Quite often, I am sent multiple word documents with multiple hyperlinks to other word documents and pdfs. I am assigned the task of printing out the word documents and the hyperlinked documents in order. I have researched this for hours: How do you print the original word document and all of its hyperlinked documents, in order, without opening up each individual hyperlinked document and printing it? Please keep in mind the fact that I'm not a software guru. I need step-by-step directions. Thank you so much for your help. In news:6B4FF1C0-A684-4E79-B58F-E4A4BAD40E9E@...

Too many sheets opening in Excel document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I don't know what I clicked on but when I make a new Excel document, eight pages open up across my screen. How can I get it down to one page? When I look up help it says to click on the extra pages, go to edit and check delete page. It doesn't work and gives me a funny message. Or is it normal for there to be eight sheets when you start a document? I only see one-and-a-half... The problem is that your screen is too big. To fix it, send me that nasty big screen, and I will send you a smaller one...

open with default program for xlsx documents is missing
I can save the documents fine, but when I go to open them their is NO default program to open any xlsx document. Have searched and can't find it. Try this Click Start>Run then type in the box "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /regserver On my PC I use "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /regserver "ddb1955" wrote: > I can save the documents fine, but when I go to open them their is NO default > program to open any xlsx document. Have searched and can't find it. ...

need to create view to see last weeks documents by created date
I need to create a standard view so I can see all the documents uploaded within last two weeks or month or one week You should be able to do this using the Created column I would think. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Imtiaz Bukhari" <Imtiaz Bukhari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD684759-BB73-488D-B9FC-9113B9711410@microsoft.com... > I need to create a standard view so I can see all the documents uploaded > within last two weeks or month or one week In article <FD684759-BB73-488D-B9FC...

Outlook Express and AOL Messenger
When I try to open Outlook Express the AOL Messenger opens and it takes a long time for them both to do their thing. This is a new experience!!! Where do I turn off the connection between the two programs? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Ron Singer This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.pu...

Fun one! Windows explorer search
Hello everyone. I've been experiencing this issue for some time now, and frustration has finally got this cat. We have XP, SP2. Many times, more often that not, when I use the search function embedded in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), when I search for files and folders, searching by a word in the filename, my search returns empty results, even when I know there are files with that name. When I demonstrated this error to people before, I would navigate to a directory, point out a word in an existing file in said directory and tell them that is the word I will use in t...

Help - can't import Word documents
I am an editor of an elementary school newsletter for PSO (like PTA). This software is so hard to figure out! People have been trained to send me articles in Word, but I can't take the articles and place them exactly like they should be (formatting and all) into Publisher. Some articles need to be exactly as they are, not put into the format of Publisher I am very freustrated with this Publisher software and am thinking that I just wasted $160.00 for nothing. Will I have to eat crow and go back to Word??? > I am an editor of an elementary school newsletter for PSO > (l...

can you insert powerpoint slides into a publisher document?
help!! last minute request: Am trying to create a participant guide in publisher - want to have one section comprise the side deck - as handout pages (mini version of slides with lines for notes next to each slide). Is there a way to insert that view of the slides into a publisher doc, and maintain the integrity of the page numbering? You may not need to do that. Have you tried using PowerPoint's Notes Page and then print that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Yumna" <Yumna@discussions.micros...

Running a select from the immediate window
I want to create and test my queries in the immediate window before adding them to my subs. In the immediate window i was able to create a table. DoCmd.RunSQL "create table test ([ff1] text (5));" I appended records using the same syntax DoCmd.RunSQL "..." Now i want to query out all the records. DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT * from test;" Does not work. What is the correct syntax to run a select in the immediate window? thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can't. DoCmd.RunSQL only works with action queries: Ins...

frame window title without document name
I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window title automatically being updated to reflect the document name. But I forgot. Where, How? Lisa It is the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag. See http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:%234wzAh80DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window > title automatically being updated to reflect the doc...

Reduced window with OE6?
I'm using OE 6 for ng reading. I've selected the Basic View layout, so I'm not using a preview pane. When I open a message, in a newsgroup, it always opens to a reduced window. I would like it to open to a maximized window, but I don't recognize the option in my toolbar selections. Any help? And Merry Christmas! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

merging multiple documents without losing formatting
This is my first post, so thanks in advance for your help... Firstly, I'm using word 2007. I have in excess of 40 documents to merge into one, and create a table of contents. each of the original documents has different formatting, orientations and margins. to make things more difficult some use different font styles. the numbering on the font styles has been removed on the original files but when I "insert" "text from file" I lose the original formatting and the numbering on the font styles re-appears on the new document. the inserted text (and ta...

Rules window doesn't display
When I go to Tools: Rules the rules wizard flashes and goes away. I cannot get it to display at all. This happens on 2 pc's and my laptop. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can fix this? ...

Toggling between multiple notebook windows
I have been a user of QuattroPro for ten years, and I am just now trying to convert everything over to Excel. In QPW, when I have multiple notebooks (files) open at the same time, each notebook's name is shown as a button at the bottom of the screen in the status bar. (The files are also listed under the Window drop down menu at the top.) This makes it really easy to toggle from one file to the next by clicking on the button with the mouse. Can this be done in Excel also?? The only thing I have found so far is the Window drop down menu, and the file names in the taskbar, but bot...

Outlook throwing 'Access is Denied' errors when using My Documents shortcut #2
Hi, I have a problem with a few of our users which seems to be isolated to Outlook. All the workstations are running XP SP2 with Office 2003 (using Outlook in cached mode). Our setup is such that the users my documents automatically maps to a network folder - This works fine through explorer, but when trying to access it via Outlook (save as an attachment for example), it returns "Access is Denied" and fails to open the my documents folder. This works fine from other applications such as word. I had initially thought an update to McAfee VirusScan had solved this problem, but appar...

OL 2007 Adding Windows Live Mail news only
Anyway to get a call in Outlook for Windows Live Mail in news only mode for Windows 7? When I customize a toolbar button to add a link for WLM as "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news it reverts the forward slash to a back slash and errors out saying the link is bad. Thx Create a shortcut in Windows and then drag and drop that into the Shortcuts Navigation. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ R...

Windows XP sp 2 Firewall blocking UDP transport?
Hello, I've been fighting an uphill battle with new mail notifications not being pushed to my clients. to this point, i'm going to suspect that the windows XP service pack 2 firewall (on my default) on my network is causing the problem. It only seems to effect people randomly... usually an exchange reboot will get it moving a little faster. i tried all registry hacks for outlook RPC updfixes and forced polling... nothing seems to work... Does anyone know which UPD ports i should allow for my xp firewall? it seems that all i can find on exchange ports are TCP. I would...

Old files appear in Reminder window
On 6 October I installed Outlook 2007 over an existing installation of an earlier version, which was using PST files created in Outlook 2003. All the messages dated before 6 October appear in a Reminder window which cannot be shut down. This is very annoying; what can be done to turn off the Reminder window? "Thomas Bartlett" <tcbartlett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:48f20d8d$0$31803$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > On 6 October I installed Outlook 2007 over an existing installation of an > earlier version, which was using PST files created in Outlook ...

Window's Media Player in Win 7 Ultimate
When I double click on my album in the libary win and it moves to the playing win, 2 album's ahow up. One in the lower right cornner has a small blue win & in white leters is WMA, the other one shows W4A. This has never happend befor. What is the meaning of this and how can I fix it? On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:05:01 -0700, blast7566 <blast7566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I double click on my album in the libary win and it moves to the playing >win, 2 album's ahow up. One in the lower right cornner has a small blue win >& in white leter...