How do I transfer Outlook 2003 to my laptop

Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain outlook.
Outlook is on my desktop.  Desktop running windows XP on both computers.

Thanks
0
deborah (17)

"deborah" <deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain
> outlook.
> Outlook is on my desktop.  Desktop running windows XP on both computers.
>
> Thanks

Find the disk from which you installed Outlook onto your desktop and put it
in the CDROM drive of the laptop.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "deborah" <deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain
>> outlook.
>> Outlook is on my desktop.  Desktop running windows XP on both computers.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Find the disk from which you installed Outlook onto your desktop and put
> it in the CDROM drive of the laptop.

Technically, it is possible. However OP may violate license agreement
depending the type of license she has.

0
John
5/5/2009 6:40:50 PM
"John" <a> wrote in message

> Technically, it is possible. However OP may violate license agreement
> depending the type of license she has.

Correct.  An OEM license (Outlook comes bundled with the PC from the vendor)
can't be installed on any but the original PC.  A retail license can be
installed on one desktop and one laptop, provided the original purchaser is
the main user of both.  The older Student and Teachers Edition could be
installed on three PCs.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
5/6/2009 12:31:06 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>  A retail license can be  installed on one desktop and one laptop,
And it appears that (certainly in 2007) the designation of "desktop" and
"laptop" no longer apply - my EULA says "One PRIMARY device" and "one
portable device". It makes no stipulation as to what the "primary" device
should be...

--

> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>  A retail license can be  installed on one desktop and one laptop,

Thanks. I didn't know that. My understanding of a retail license has always
been 1 licence 1 machine but it's transferable from one PC to another (as
opposed to OEM license which is tied to the PC). I guess I'm wrong.

That's so much better than what I thought knowing that these days computers
are affordable and many more users have 2 computers or more.

> And it appears that (certainly in 2007) the designation of "desktop" and
> "laptop" no longer apply - my EULA says "One PRIMARY device" and "one
> portable device". It makes no stipulation as to what the "primary" device
> should be...

Licensing is so confusing :-)

0
John

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Reminders in Outlook