How do I stop the send/receive progress dialog box showing?

Just upgraded to XP Media Edition with Office 2003.  Getting a bit peeved at
the send/receive notification dialog box popping up every 10 mins to show me
that the task has completed.  How do I stop it popping up every time, never
did in Office 2000!
0
wired (7)

Wired wrote:
|| Just upgraded to XP Media Edition with Office 2003.  Getting a bit
|| peeved at the send/receive notification dialog box popping up every
|| 10 mins to show me that the task has completed.  How do I stop it
|| popping up every time, never did in Office 2000!

Check the box that says "Don't show this dialog box during Send/Receive". If
it's too quick to grab, disconnect from the internet before clicking
Send/Receive - that should slow it down enough.....

hth

paul

Thanks Paul but I did that before I wrote my query.  Problem is that the
progress box pops up every time to tell me all's well!  Interrupts my
screensaver, gets in the way of whatever I'm working on and just generally
winds me up as not being necessary.

Any further suggestions most welcome.
0
wired (7)
10/8/2005 10:09:03 PM
Wired wrote:
|| Thanks Paul but I did that before I wrote my query.  Problem is that
|| the progress box pops up every time to tell me all's well!
|| Interrupts my screensaver, gets in the way of whatever I'm working
|| on and just generally winds me up as not being necessary.
|| Any further suggestions most welcome.

Shucks. I wasn't trying to teach you how to suck eggs, incidentally - it
just occurred to me that if you're on broadband the dialogue box might be
there for too short a time to see the check-box...

I've been looking for that option elsewhere in the program - Tools, Options,
etc - but can't find it. I hope someone does!

paul

"P Pron" wrote:

> Wired wrote:
> || Thanks Paul but I did that before I wrote my query.  Problem is that
> || the progress box pops up every time to tell me all's well!
> || Interrupts my screensaver, gets in the way of whatever I'm working
> || on and just generally winds me up as not being necessary.
> || Any further suggestions most welcome.
>
> Shucks. I wasn't trying to teach you how to suck eggs, incidentally - it
> just occurred to me that if you're on broadband the dialogue box might be
> there for too short a time to see the check-box...
>
> I've been looking for that option elsewhere in the program - Tools, Options,
> etc - but can't find it. I hope someone does!
>
> paul
>

>Hey, I know you were just being helpful!  I've looked everywhere but can't find any way to stop the blasted thingy popping up to tell me it's done it's job successfully.  I don't care, I can go look if I think there's a failure.  Anyone?  Please, it's winding me up so much I've had to set it to every 30 mins.
0
wired (7)
10/9/2005 1:43:02 AM
Has anyone else got any suggestions for this problem please?
0
wired (7)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

can't send or receive emails

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Outlook receiving zip files

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

no access to send internet email

can I snap wrap points to a text box

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

Items for review wont show up
I am using MS Money 2004 Small Business. My checking account balance is downloaded each day from my bank. For the last couple days, it continues to download transactions, and tells me that there are now 8 items to review, but when I open up the account, nothing is bold faced to review. On the pane to the left, it still lists 8 items to review. I even went to the bank website and downloaded in the most recent transactions, but this only made the list of items to review larger. I still can't accept any of them. I have tried a quick repair. I also tried restoring the back up, bu...

How to receive photos sent to me without having to click on them
I have just started using Outlook 2007. I am unable to receive photos in the text email message. They all come as attachments. I cannot find any settings to allow direct insertion of photos into the email text message area. Help Please..... Outlook doesn't support inline images. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.asp for options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

cannot send e-mail #3
I am getting the following message: message from Outlook 2000, you may receive the following error message: 0X800CCC78 error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address It gradually has disabled all of my 3 accounts on Outlook. I can send, but not receive. I think there is some software corruption or a virus. Deleting and re-creating the account does not work Mario D'Avirro <mariod@mdainsurance.com> wrote: > I am getting the following message: > > message from Outlook 2000, you may receive the following > error mes...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Result in message box
HI, this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me a form contains button which runs a query like select count(field1) from table t1 ... then normally we will get a spread sheet window containing result in a single cell, let say answer is 85. now when command button is clicked then a message box should appear displaying the result 85.. please give coding also if required..... thanks naveen prasad wrote: > HI, > this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me > What was wrong with the reply you've already received? Please reply in your origina...