How do I stop Facebook importing birthdays into Outlook 2007

Just now I got a HUGE long list of overdue appointments pop up. All of them are
people's birthdays and all are from Facebook.

In one instance alone, a friend has his birthday listed 4 times.

How can I stop Facebook sending this info to Outlook?

It's really starting to annoy me, now.

0
marts (49)

Hi Marts,

Have you installed any Facebook addins to your Outlook 2007? Try blocking
them in Outlook options.

--

______________________________________
Posted from http://outlook-center.com

> Have you installed any Facebook addins to your Outlook 2007? Try blocking
> them in Outlook options.

I'm stumped. I can't find anything like it under Options. Maybe my eyesight is
getting worse or something.

Thing is, I don't recall ever having added Facebook to Outlook.

And it's really giving me the irrits because new instances of people's birthdays
are being inserted into the calendar. The last lot, last night. 4 copies of my
sister's birthday on her birth date. But then I found another 4 instances of her
birthday on another date. This has happened to a few Facebook "friends".

Thing is, my sister isn't on Facebook, so I don't know why she's being added
like the Facebook ones.

The other thing is that Outlook syncs via a program called HTC Sync to a HTC
Desire Android smartphone. Nowhere in it can I find any options that has
Facebook syncing with Outlook.

I'll continue my search. Maybe Firefox is somehow doing it.

0
marts (49)
8/6/2010 3:22:27 AM
It's not Firefox..
Try Tools, Trustcenter, Add-ins and see if you have any facebook add-in
there.

Does it happen even if you don't sync Outlook with your handheld?

Marts wrote:
> simon wrote...
>
> > Have you installed any Facebook addins to your Outlook 2007? Try blocking
> > them in Outlook options.
>
> I'm stumped. I can't find anything like it under Options. Maybe my eyesight
is
> getting worse or something.
>
> Thing is, I don't recall ever having added Facebook to Outlook.
>
> And it's really giving me the irrits because new instances of people's
birthdays
> are being inserted into the calendar. The last lot, last night. 4 copies of
my
> sister's birthday on her birth date. But then I found another 4 instances of
her
> birthday on another date. This has happened to a few Facebook "friends".
>
> Thing is, my sister isn't on Facebook, so I don't know why she's being added
> like the Facebook ones.
>
> The other thing is that Outlook syncs via a program called HTC Sync to a HTC
> Desire Android smartphone. Nowhere in it can I find any options that has
> Facebook syncing with Outlook.
>
> I'll continue my search. Maybe Firefox is somehow doing it.

--

______________________________________
Posted from http://outlook-center.com
Outlook forums, articles, tips.
Simon wrote...

> It's not Firefox..
> Try Tools, Trustcenter, Add-ins and see if you have any facebook add-in
> there.

I'm now running Outlook 2010. I didn't find anything like "add ins" under Trust
Center. However, I found an Add ins option under "Options" so I browsed it. I
found a "socialnetworking" addin which I removed. It was linked to a file called
something like socialnetwork.dll.

> Does it happen even if you don't sync Outlook with your handheld?

I'm not sure. I can't remember when it happens because I only discover it when I
browse the calendar and it's usually on a page that's not currently displayed
when it occurs. ie. I'm in email, for example.

Anyway, since I deleted all of the offending entries in both the handheld's
calendar and Outlook it seems to have stopped. And to make doubly sure I deleted
that social networking add-in.

Hopefully that's fixed it.
0
marts (49)
8/10/2010 3:38:26 AM
It should be fine now. Check also your Facebook apps on your Facebook
profile. Click Account, Application settings and see if you haven't got
any Outlook Connector installed there. If so, just remove it with the X
button.

Cheers
Simon

--

______________________________________
Posted from http://outlook-center.com
Outlook forums, articles, tips.
Simon wrote...

> It should be fine now. Check also your Facebook apps on your Facebook
> profile. Click Account, Application settings and see if you haven't got
> any Outlook Connector installed there. If so, just remove it with the X
> button.

Thanks, Simon. Will look for it.

Cheers
0
marts (49)

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Help with importing data

Outlook Recall Msg Process

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...