how do i stay connected without having to click send/receive each.

i just want to be able to open outlook and have all my new mail there without
having to click send/receive every time, i use outlook at work and its like
that there, so much easier, please help
thanks

erm, what mail system are you connecting to? If it supports MAPI or IMAP4
then you can do this. If you are connecting to a POP3 account then no.

"skitzo_frantik" <skitzo_frantik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i just want to be able to open outlook and have all my new mail there
without
> having to click send/receive every time, i use outlook at work and its
like
> that there, so much easier, please help
> thanks

0
steve1441 (21)
12/15/2004 9:39:13 AM
Stephen Aldous wrote:
> erm, what mail system are you connecting to? If it supports MAPI or
> IMAP4 then you can do this. If you are connecting to a POP3 account
> then no.

Not quite right - if you set a time for polling, then even with a POP
account, mail will be automatically collected on start up of Outlook.

0
GordonBP1 (262)
12/15/2004 9:41:13 AM
Incorrect advice.
All the user needs to do is set an automatic Send/Receive interval for any
currently supported version of Outlook.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Stephen Aldous" <steve@blah.com> wrote in message
> erm, what mail system are you connecting to? If it supports MAPI or IMAP4
> then you can do this. If you are connecting to a POP3 account then no.
>
> "skitzo_frantik" <skitzo_frantik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>> i just want to be able to open outlook and have all my new mail there
> without
>> having to click send/receive every time, i use outlook at work and its
> like
>> that there, so much easier, please help
>> thanks

0
russval (3097)
12/15/2004 9:50:37 AM
skitzo_frantik <skitzo_frantik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i just want to be able to open outlook and have all my new mail there
> without having to click send/receive every time, i use outlook at
> work and its like that there, so much easier, please help

Specify a send/receive interval and Outlook will download mail at startup.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Manually sever the connection to a template?
I am using Word 2007. It is my understanding that Word can derive some formatting and layout information from as many as three "templates" at the same time for a single open document: 1. The document itself functions as its own template. 2. The ?????.dotx file the document was originally based on. 3. Normal.dotx, the global template. For many of my documents, when I select Developer tab > Document Template > Organizer, I see the above three sources in the "Styles available in" field on the Organizer window. I would like to manually sever the docu...

cant connect to port25 on server from server
Simply im trying to connect to 25 using "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" from cmd prompt on the actual exchange server (also tried from one other server). - simple mail transfer protocol is running - smtp virtual server is listening on 35 - portreporter shows TCP, 11956, 192.168.0.10,25, 217.37.99.99,7848, inetinfo.exe - no other port 25 shown in port reporter (ie "SMTP" not shown in log file) - all outlook clients point to exchange server (192.168.0.10) so must be using it for smtp. 1. I cant find SMTP on the list (does inetinfo.exe cover SMTP as its all within IIS ?) I know th...

Allow changing of retail price when receiving a purchase order.
Sometimes suppliers change prices, necessitating a rise in retail price to maintain margin. POS Manager should display both the margin and retail price when receiving purchase orders, and allow retail prices to be changed at that point. Currently, unless I am missing something, we must manually call up each item and navigate to the retail price field to update it. Having this all on the PO receiving screen would greatly speed bringing things into inventory while maintaining margin. That helps keep us in business so we can continue being Microsoft customers! Some folks might not want to...

Sending an exe File in OL2003
I have occasion to send .exe files and Outlook2003 won't accept them. I've looked and can't find a switch to change. Is this possible? Thanks, Dennis See if this info helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dennis Hughes" <dvhughes@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:e708SS1fGHA.4172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have occasion to send .exe files and Outlook2003 won't accept them. > > I've looked and can't find a switch to change. Is this possible? The web site answers a number of questions. I downloaded a "fi...

Outlook 97 re: receive html messages
I have Outlook 97 on my PC. When I receive e-mails that are in a web page (html) format, they show as a text message along with an icon to click to show the web page. Sometimes there are also gif and jpg icons showing as well. When I click on the web icon, I see the web page, but the gifs and jpgs do not load. How can I set my Outlook to open my messages in html format automatically? Do I need to download a patch or upgrade to do this? Outlook 97 does not support HTML - you'll need to upgrade to a newer version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outloo...

Send Direct Email functionality #2
Hi all, I am using CRM 3.0. I am ultimately trying to find a way in Outlook to create an emailing group off of a list of CRM contacts to email that group of contacts. One alternative I found is to email said group from within CRM. As I investigated that, I learnt about the "send direct email" functionality from a contacts' view. This can be a view generated from Advanced Find then you click Actions --> Send Direct Email or something like that. However, I cannot find that functionality and don't know how to access it. There was some posts about the CRM Bulk email service ...

Obtain Mcse,Mcsa,Mcdba,Mcsd .Net,Ccna,Ccnp Without Exams(Pay After Check Resutls)100% Passing Gaurantee
All Certifications Like MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,SOLARIS,ORACLE,SAP,MICOSOFT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS,EMC at your doorstep without exams..and with 100% passing guarantee...No need to go to any testing centre...we will do everything on behalf of you... We own several test centres worldwide and are able to offer you this fantastic service. If you would like a 100% guaranteed pass, then please read on further...... Mail only at this email id :- all_certs@yahoo.com We are able to offer a guaranteed pass for the following: Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia, Oracle, Solaris. Please send a request for any test th...

Click on cell to take you to chart
I have a table of contents cover page (in excel) and 20 charts (each in it's own worksheet within the same document). I need to have the person be able to click on the cell indicating the chart title on the title page and have it take them to the corresponding chart. Is this possible? Right click on your cell that contains the title that you want to be able to click on, click on hyperlink...where it says Link To: choose Place in this Document...then it shows you the sheets that you can have it bring you to. Then you can type the Cell that you want it to jump to as well. ...

One User Receive All Emails
Hi All, We have SBS2003 server. Most users receive mail addressed to them but one user receive copies of all emails including system messages. I have looked at the settings for this user but it does not differ to other users. Note, we are using the POP3 connector. Q1: Where is the settings for the postmaster account? Q2: Is there a setting as to who should receive system messages? Looked every where for the above but could not find them. Any pointers you can give will be gratefully received. Regards Ev You might want to check on the properties of the mailbox store. There is a tick...

cannot send emails with microsoft outlook 2000
What happens when you try? "leahberko" <leahberko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D49E29DB-ABA7-4CD4-9F39-ED0A615FC7B3@microsoft.com... > ...

Formatting changed when received by version 97
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook XP. I am using Outlook XP with SP2 installed and using Word as my email editor. My problem is that when my emails are received by a 2000 or XP version of Outlook, all text is displayed correctly, but when a version 97 receives my mail then the font is changing mid sentence and extra blank lines are being added. The whole email look a complete mess. I know 97 only uses text and not HTML so something must be wrong with the way 97 removes the HTML tags. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix? TIA Mark It is not so much that Outlook 97 does not ...

SENDING PHOTOS
Normally if you select a photo from a folder and select to send it in an email windows gives you the option to down-size the photo making it a more reasonable size to send via email. My pc has stopped giving me this option. Where can i find the option to turn this function back on please??? have a look at this: http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/digitalphotography/getstarted/shareit/= email.asp >-----Original Message----- >Normally if you select a photo from a folder and select=20 >to send it in an email windows gives you the option to=20 >down-size the photo making it a m...

color added after click or update
I have a form that I need to add a color feature to. When the user clicks on a part of the form to go to another form I would like to shade the selected record to keep track of where they were when they return to that form. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to temporaily shade records until closing out of the form completely? Thank you. djshides wrote: >I have a form that I need to add a color feature to. When the user clicks on >a part of the form to go to another form I would like to shade the selected >record to keep track of where they were when they return to that for...

Sending message 1 of 1
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm using Outlook 2003. For the past couple of days, Outlook reports "Sending message 1 of 1" whenever I do a Send/Receive, even though I am not sending any email. It keeps going until I close the program. I have no messages in my outbox. I've done a virus scan and NAV isn't reporting anything. Thanks again for any suggestions. <opchiasm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvnou01d2j7knm9k99ce3l3aooiceleob3@4ax.com... > Thanks in advance for any help. > > I'm using Outlook 2003. For the past couple of days, Outlook re...

Sending contact data to Outlook
Currently, I am exporting data as a text file, then re-importing into Outlook. However, in preparing the database for use by people other than myself (who will not be able to perform the export and then import functions without a lot of handholding) is there another way to do this? In case it is important - I am using a field titled Outlook with a True/False to mark records that qualify to be exported for Outlook. Thanks in advance, magmike Take a look at http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=551 -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "magmike" wrote: > Currently, I am ex...

Windows Mail fails when connecting to AIM.COM mail server
I tried to post this earlier, but I don't see it. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have an HP laptop with Vista as the OS. I use Windows Mail to access my aim.com email. I've used this for over a year. Suddenly, I am getting the following error. I can connect to the aim web mail, so my password, etc is valid and working. This seems to be an SSL error, but I have not changed my configuration of the servers in Windows Mail. Any ideas why this is suddenly occurring? Thanks. -------------Error message below ------------------- The connection to the server has failed....

WSAECONNREFUSED on a TCP socket breaks an ADO connection.
In the same program I have an open ADO database connection to SQL Server, and a TCP socket. When the socket tries to connect to a service that is inactive, the connect statement returns WSAECONNREFUSED (10061) --> that's Ok. BUT when I try to write this error on the database, ADO throws this error: 0x80004005 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).] General network error. After this has happened: - I can't write to the database any more: I get 0x80004005 Connection Error. - If I try to destroy the database object, create it again and open the database again I get this error: 0x8000400...

E-mails not being received by adressees
Using Outlook 2003. After a long time of satisfactory use, all of a sudden my addressees were not receiving their e-mails from my POP3 setup. Incoming server is different than outgoing server. No known changes were made. 1) No error messages. 2) Incoming messages fine. 3) Set up Outlook on another machine with same incoming and outgoing settings and it works fine. Seems to exclude the outgoing ISP. 4) Called the outgoing ISP to have account checked. All is well. No blocks. 5) Turned off Norton 360 and Zone Alarm. No joy 6) Windows firewall is off. 7) Removed and reinstall...

sorting without affecting links
Sheet 1 complete list of names all pupils and fees per month Sheet 2/sheet per instructor - list of pupils per instructor with names and fees linked from sheet 1 Problem. If we add new names to sheet 1 then sort it alphabetically the rows change so sheets 2s values get messed up. One way is to use VLOOKUP in Sheet2 for the Fees Assume in Sheet1, names are in col A, Fees in col B data from row2 down In Sheet2, names are listed in A2 down, Fees to be extracted in B2 down Put in B2: =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)) Copy B2 down as far as required -- Rgds Max xl ...

how do i mark range from A1 to DV5000 without scrolling?
Hi Is there a menu option to mark a range from A1 to some far off cell like DK4563 without scrolling all the way down and across? thanks Cricket :-) You can type the address, e.g., A1:DK4563, in the Name Box, which is to the left of the formula bar. This will select the specified range. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <cricketunes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1134001998.341982.309400@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > Is there a menu option to mark a range from A1 to some far off > cell > l...

Sockets: setsockopt SO_SNDTIMEO does not set the send timeout.
Hi everybody! I'm trying to set a 1 second "send timeout" to a SOCKET, using setsockopt. Apparently it works, because the return value of setsockopt is non-zero. BUT when I check the value of the "send timeout" via getsockopt, it's still 0, before and after calling setsockopt. You can see code below. Does anyone know what may be happening? Thank you very much! Best regards, Ricardo V�zquez. Madrid, Spain. --CODE----------------------- int nRet1 = -1; int nLen1 = sizeof(nRet1); if (getsockopt( m_listenSocket, IPPROTO_TCP, SO_SNDTIMEO, (char*)&nRet1, (int*...

stop existing read confirmation from sending
HI, I have a read confimation that is trying to send that cannot and I want to stop it. The problem is I do not know where to find it. The email came in on an account I can only recieve on. so a read confirm was requested and attempted to be sent by Outlook 2003. It fails because this network has to be connected to in a way I cannot right now - to send email. Hence outlook keeps trying to send this READ CONFIRMATION every few minutes and errors out. How can I find it to cancel the request, it is not in the outbox? This is a real problem. It's a hidden message - you can de...

Auto Send date stamp not updating
I have a series of e-mails set up to auto-send each morning at 4:30am. They do go out when scheduled, but retain the date they were created on instead of updating to the date they were really sent or received, which could be several days back. This means people aren't seeing them because they don't appear with the most recent emails received (since many people keep the in-box sorted by date received). PS...this worked fine the last time I used it in the Fall of 2003. ...

Connection with Exchange 2000
Is it possible for MS CRM 3.0 to be connected with Exchange Server 2000??? Yes it is ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4458FBAF-F0F1-47CF-8392-6FFA88A1791E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for MS CRM 3.0 to be connected with Exchange Server 2000??? ...

Outlook 2007 does not receive messages vista
Hello, I am trying to fix a friend's problem so any help would be great. When we click on send/receive, nothing happens, no progress shows. When he sends to himself, you can see the message leave the outbox but does not go to the inbox. ISP confirmed settings are correct. "test account settings" works fine. Tried office diagnostics - did not help. Repair office in add-remove programs - did not help. Downloaded all updates - did not help. Turned on logging. In the opmlog.log there is no reference to the POP3 server, strange. Only SMTP. What could we try next? Thank yo...