How do I setup a customized welcome message for a new profile?

I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a new
user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool.

Not 100% sure but check out the info here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293870

"gwilliams664" <gwilliams664@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a
> new
> user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool.

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/17/2006 10:44:12 AM
From the following link I find that the welcome message can not be
customized.  http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011403041033.aspx

I was hoping I could add a message to the profile when it was created.  Any
ideas??

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Not 100% sure but check out the info here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293870
>
> "gwilliams664" <gwilliams664@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a
> > new
> > user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool.

gwilliams664 <gwilliams664@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> From the following link I find that the welcome message can not be
> customized.
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011403041033.aspx
>
> I was hoping I could add a message to the profile when it was
> created.  Any ideas??

When we did it, we just sent a predefined message to the mailbox and part of
the process of creating the mailbox.  I think this was in a batch job.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

Exporting all messages
Hi! I have Windows 2000 Prof. and want to change to Win 2003 Server. I have already exported all accounts and newsgroups from Outlook Express 6 to a file. The problem is that I can't export all messages. Can you tell me if it's possible to export all messages from all folders to a file and then to import all folders with messages from this file into another outlook under my new operating system? I have dozens of important messages in my Outlook Express folders and I can lost it. If the export is not possible which files do I need to copy and replace in new version to have all the mess...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Customize Toolbar corrupted
When I try to customize the toolbar so that I can integrate Outlook Express newsreader in Outlook the "New" button does not appear in Command under "Go". I tried several things: a) repair b) reinstall c) uninstall and reinstall Still nothing works. How can I uninstall completely and star all over again. Or if I knew what file or dll is used I may be able to copy one from another computer. IF You are not looking in the right place place for "News" - I assume that's what you mean by "New" in your post. In Outlook try this, right click on th...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

Receive messages in Inbox of OE months after they were sent
tCan anyone help with this? What could possibly cause messages to not appear in the OE Inbox until weeks or months later after being sent? OE is set up to keep a copy of messages on the server when downloading to OE. Will see a message in the server Inbox, but not in OE Inbox. Months later, suddenly it is showing in the OE Inbox ( but now is not showing in the isp inbox) I have never seen this before & tryingg to help someone who is having this issue. The person says they do not keep alot of messages in OE, reads & deletes them, doesn't use the OE Inbox for sto...

Transmitting large encrypted messages
I use digital signatures and encryption to transfer sensitive data to and from customers, and have found that Outlook 2002 SP2 (on a P IV computer running WIN XP Pro SP1, standalone, but with broadband internet access) times out when trying to send an email with an attachment as small as 1 meg. The error message is that the ISP SMTP server has timed out. The ISP technicians tell me, not so, it's Outlook's problem. In troubleshooting, I've changed Outlook's automatic send/receive timing to look every 5 minutes from every 1 minute. No change. Outlook still tries to send the m...

Calling the Page Setup PopUp from VBA..
Hello.. I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the user click to bring up the Page Setup popup screen just like you would do if you chose File -> Page Setup. Does anyone have the VBA code to accomplish this? Please advise... Cheers! Brett Try, docmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup Also, do not forget to trap error 2501 should the user cancel the operation. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Brett Davis" wrote: > Hello.. > > I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the > user click to br...

How to transfer Custom Views to another machine
Outlook 2003 How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? Thank you for your help. They are contained within your pst-file so if you transfer that you'll transfer the views too. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:usDhjJ7hHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? >...

Custom Forms
Hello, A fellow administrator recently installed a custom form on our 2003 exchange server. One thing we noticed is that within Outlook 2003 the new form works just great, but we don't see it when logging into exchange via the web interface. Is there a way to get the custom for to be seen there? thanks! Sean no. 6-bit or 32-bit eforms won't display in OWA That isn't to say that you can't customize OWA, nor am I saying that you can't build all sorts of powerful apps on top of the Exchange store (i.e. non-mapi top level hierarchies and custom app-specific schemas,et...

Custom Forms 11-04-04
Hi All, When customizing a form in CRM 1.2 I cant find the way to edit the part of the forms that appear when you save a newly opened case. ie. When you save a new case it goes from having just the "information" button on the left hand side to having the activites and notes buttons. I'd like to be able to customise those areas. Is this possible through the CRM interface? If not how do you do it? Thanks All Tom You can add tabs to the left part of the screen via the ISV.Config file. For more information on that, refere to the SDK online. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---...

Help Needed With Write Conflict Error Message.
I have an order form that users open and close on a regular basis. The form is based on a query. On the form are two fields, "TicketPrinted" and "RevisedDate". Most of the time the field "Ticket Printed" has a value in it of "Yes". What I want to be able to do is that if a date is entered into this "RevisedDate" field, OR if the information is changed in this "Revised Date" field, that when the user closed the form, an update query runs that changes the "TicketPrinted" field from the original value of "Yes"...

Outgoing messages occasionally don't get sent
I'm having a very strange problem with Outlook 2007. 99% of the time everything worked fine but once in awhile outgoing messages do not get sent and remain in the outbox. The only way I can get them to be sent is too close Outlook and then restart it at which time the messages get sent. When I close outlook I get the message that says I have mail in my outbox, do I want to close anyway or not close so Outlook knows there is mail there. I've tried pressing F9 and even then the mail doesn't get sent. I'm running this on a laptop using Microsoft Vista Home Premium and my mail...

Ghost messages #2
I have a user that is receiving emails from an email account that no longer exists on our Exchange 5.5 server. These are email messages that are addressed to a current employee from an employee who is no longer here, not a user who is simply receiving emails addressed to an employee who is no longer here. Can Exchange 5.5 hold messages that are scheduled for a future date separate from the mailbox that created them? Thanks, Robert "Robert" <rwalker@loislaw.com> wrote: >I have a user that is receiving emails from an email >account that no longer exists on our Ex...

Inbox messages delayed or not coming through
Hello, I used to have a Windows XP computer. Since this one crashed I bought a laptop with Vista. Since we have this I hear from people they have trouble emailing us. I already sent an email twice to my server/hosting master, but he can't find anything weird. incoming email bij pop 3 (webserver .djobuga.nl) outcoming email by smtp.upcmail.nl I already stopped my firewall to see if that helps. Some messages I receive, but some not, also from people who already are my contacts. Do you have any solution? Regards Ellen -- Ellen Touray Any error message when you ...

Customizing Business Process workflow
Hi, After closing an opportunity, a phone call is automatically scheduled for the user. I'm guessing this is handled in a workflow, how would I find it (couldn't see it in the workflow manager, but can see it in the workflow monitor) and remove it? Many thanks, Nathan Manzi ...

Outlook 2002: partially download messages over xx kilobytes?
Howdy! I'm trying to set up a friend with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro so that only the first several kilobytes of incoming email is downloaded. (he's on dialup for a while) I've SEEN the dialog before but forget where. It's NOT intuitive, unfortunately. I think the setting is "partially retrieve messages over xxKB in size" and it may not be in Outlook - it may link to some kind of external, Windows config (connections?). Much obliged if you know where this is. I wouldn't mind knowing for Outlook Express too as my father uses that. Thanks, C.J.Patt...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Posting new data for RM & PM before year-end & fiscal year closing
Dear GP users, Help!!! I need some advice here, may I know what are the possible complications that may happen if we post Invoices of new financial year before the old financial year has been closed. Furthermore, may I know how do I check when was the last time we a year-end or fiscal year closing was done? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Andrew What version, if you are using version 7.0 or higher it won't matter, just make sure you post to the current fiscal year. If you are using lower than 7.0 you need to close the year. >-----Original Message----- >D...

Outlook 2002 and roaming profiles
I am trying to set up roaming profiles using Windows xp and the xp standard office suite (which includes Outlook 2002). I keep reading materials that suggest that this causes series problems with Outlook profiles since the local settings folder in the roaming profiles doesn't roam with the user. I am hoping for detailed explanation of this problem and possible solutions or resources where I can look for more information. Thanks. the local settings directory doesn't roam, so any files located here don't roam. outlook will save pst and offline files (ost) here by default (...

Unspecified error when updating a contact's parent customer
Updating the parent customer on an existing contact raises an 'Unspecified error'. The error details is added below. The error does not get logged in the event log. Updating other fields on the contact works. And this error does not occur for all contacts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review ...

Font Issues with New Computer
I got a new laptop last week. Putting some new forms and features ina pre-existing Access 2000 database and am having some very strangeissues.My old laptop was XP Pro and I got XP Pro on the new laptop as well.I am running Access 2000 SP3 like I was before. I also have Office2003 on this same computer like I did before as well.#1 - MS Sans Serif is no longer available to me to select in the fontdrop down box in design view for forms or reports.#2 - I had been using MS Sans Serif quite a bit but since it isn'tavailable I changed to Tahoma, then Arial. The forms look fine on myscreen but ...

care to share your custom reports?
One of the features that MS Money has that online competitors like Mint, Wesabe, etc. do not have is custom reports. I find the custom reports I have set up extremely useful. Anyone care to share what custom reports they have set up? I understand that since these are custom reports, they may not be useful for others. However, I'm hoping for enough responses that a few would apply to anyone. Here are some that I have: 1. Refundable deposits - This report lists all transactions that have a certain word in the memo field - for me that word is "_REFUNDABLE_". I do this sort of ta...