how do I set up my account for the first time?

new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but that's it.
I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl server.  I just don't
think I'm doing something right!
0
bibbpromo (1)

bibbpromo <bibbpromo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but
> that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl
> server.  I just don't think I'm doing something right!

Tell us what version of Outlook you're using, what you've done so far, what
doesn't work, and any error mesages you get.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

should I upgrade my AD to 2003 first
Should I upgrade my DC to 2003 first before exchange 2003 or should i upgrade to exchange 2003 first? Doesn't matter. The *only* thing that you have to watch out for if you are going to upgrade your AD to 2003 first is the following: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314649 - Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep Command Causes Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests That Contain Exchange 2000 Servers. However, if you run the fix in the KB article, OR you run Exchange 2003 setup /forestprep, then this is not an issue. From a functional perspective, th...

Access denied error when accessing notes under one account
I have full rights to everything in CRM. There is only one account out of many in our CRM database that have this problem. The problem is when you click on the notes tab to the left side you get an access denied error. I can go into any other section for that account without a problem. Other CMR users get the same message as I. Any ideas on how to fix this? It sounds liike a Security Descriptior got messed up. If you contact MBS support, they have a tool that can repair the security descriptors. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

How do I set up Outlook? #3
I feel like an idiot...I don't know what pop3 or smtp settings are or where to find them so I can set Outlook up You find them by speaking to, or looking at your isp web site, email setup help Be aware that many isp's state they only support Outlook Express, the pop/smpt settings are the same for both OL and OE "michele" <michele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E693E7-B901-4B24-905F-34DBBD8005F7@microsoft.com... > I feel like an idiot...I don't know what pop3 or smtp settings are or where > to find them so I can set Outlook up Your Int...

Accounts option does not work in 2000 anymore
Hi, bit of a toughie this one. My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option. This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried in Options. I've tried a repair and also reconfigured mail support back and forth to see if that helps. I cannot find any solution for it on the MS support site. I'd really like to keep all my multiple accounts unless there is no option but to remove and reinstall which is why I am asking here if anyone has any other ideas please.? TIA Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing "Gasman&q...

project accounting
In Dynamics Project Accounting when making changes to CARDS in the maintenance window the options are only SAVE and DELETE. i.e. there is no escape if you have changed something in error and are not sure what it was. This applies to many windows in Projects. In other modukles for instance Debtor Maintenance there is a CLEAR button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

How to set default zoom size for specific Word docs when opened?
I have a particular set of Word documents that, whenever any user opens them (on any PC), I wish to have opened at a specified zoom size - e.g. 120%. I don't wish to set a default zoom size for ALL Word docs, just certain specified docs. Is it possible to set a default zoom size for particular Word docs in this way? If so, how do you do it? Zoom is a document attribute so can be "saved" to the file. Open the file, change the zoom as required, make an edit, ie. add a space, save, remove the edit, save, close. The file will now open at the new zoom level. It i...

Problem creating mail account
Has anyone had problems creating new mail accounts? I can create a new domain account ok with the option to create a mail account selected but the mail account doesn't seem to exist. It's happened on different systems and I can't find anything which gives any clues! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, G. Hello Gaz Can you give us a little more information? What kind of domain is it? NT4, Win2K, Win2K3 What version of Exchange? 5.5, E2K, E2k3 Do you get any errors when selecting to create a mailbox? Do you see any events in the application log? -- Michael Barta [M...

Setting Recipient Limits On Exchange 2003 & Group Lists
I am trying to set a limit to the number of recipients that can be included in an email address field. I thought I saw some place where the Recipeint Limit set under Message Delivery, Global Settings counted each Exchange group as a single recipient regardless of the number of members in the list. However, the total number of members in personal distribution lists created in Outlook was used. This does not seem to be the way it's working. I have limited permissions to send to our various corporate distribution lists, or groups, and set a Message Delivery Recipient Limit less tha...

Graphing Time
I have a datasheet with time values that are in minutes:seconds format and I need to graph them in some way. However, the only way i am finding to graph them is by manually rounding the number to just minutes. Manually rounding the numbers will not work in the long run because I need to have an automated process and no formula will work with my numbers. here are some of my numbers in (minutes:seconds) 00001:40 00006:40 00013:20 00020:00 00005:00 00023:20 00008:20 That is the way they are given to me and I would like to use them in that format however I can't figured out how to have those...

Outlook..Tools..Options..Mail Format Settings
Does anyone know where the User selections in the Tools..Options..Mail Format dialogue are stored? In particular, I'm interested in the standard and reply file names in the Signature Section. Does this vary according to the version of Outlook? Many thanks in advance to anyone who steps in to help, Peter Jordan IT Contractor Auckland, New Zealand ...

account setup script
Hi , I'd like to make a script that I can send to my friend to setup his email account. How please? ...

Lookup window should default to first record in table
Right now if you click on the looking glass, it opens the window at the record that is already on the field prior to clicking the looking glass. It would be nice if it only did that on the change script so if you didn't change the field at all, when you open the looking glass it brings you to the first record in the table. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Set a permanent volume for a computer
What I want to do is lock the volume of the computer. Set it at, say, 80% volume permanently. I am aware you can hide the volume control from the system tray in the control panel, but someone can go to the control panel and enable it again. I know you can use the group policy editor to remove the control panel or some of it's components. But those changes can be undone as well. Where there's a will there's a way they say. Someone can use a NT password reset cd, make a new admin account, use that to get into gpedit.msc, enable control panel, so on and so forth ...

How to restore Point In Time in this situation ?
Hi, We are new to SQL Server 2008. We make daily FULL backup of production database at night and transaction log backup every hour by maintenance plan. We also grant privilege to run FULL Database Backup by using the following SQL: BACKUP DATABASE [Finance_Live] TO DISK = N'D:\FINBackup\FLIVE.bak' WITH INIT We have tested the script above for a number of times between 4:00pm and 4:45pm. When we attempt to restore the backup (FLIVE.BAK) to a new database (For testing), we find that we have to use the FLIVE.BAK instead of the FULL Backup last night + All today&#...

Same account name, but diff. boxes/users?
Greetings, My company already had two www domains, before buying another company and adding their domain name to our Exchange organization. My problem is that the original company, company1.com already had an "admin" (admin@company1.com) mail account for catch-all and general info. Now I need to enable this same (also pre-existing) mailbox (admin@company3.com) for a different individual on the new company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the organization? Any advice would be apprec...

Assign new contacts to the same owner as the account 's owner
I would like to know if it is possible to use a workflow to assign a the contact of an Account to the same owner as the owner of the account. I explain. I have to salespersons working on the same accounts but all the accounts are owned by only one of the two salespersons. If the first salesperson create a contact, he will be the owner of the contact but I would like to make a workflow to assign this contact to the other owner who is the owner of the Account this contact belongs to. Is it possible or is there another way to do that ??? Thanks in advance Didier ...

set value of variable from cell
I'm trying to check cells within a column. Check a2, then a4, then a6 then a8, etc. If the cell is blank, test the next in the series. When a cell is not blank, take the value from that cell and place it into a variable. If the columns are dates, like Column A is the 1st... I want the value of the first filled cell in column A to be placed into a variable like var1st which has been publicly declared as string. Is that enough info? I'm running Excel 2002. Thanks! ...

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
Periodically we get the message "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. <*******.******.COM #4.4.7>" when we send emails. I suspect it is a problem somewhere on our end because it happens with a number of recipients with different email addresses (i.e different domain names). For a week or two we could be sending emails to these email addresses and then all of a sudden we will start getting theses messages, then the following week when we send to these email accounts it gets through without any problems. Can anyone give me ideas on how to troublesh...

Automatically enter date and time but only update once.
I have a workbook that contains 14 sheets. I have a sheet for each month followed by 2 sheets for information. Each Month sheet has the following column headings associated from columns A through J:- Owner; from date; number of days; to date, address, ID, month, input by; date; time. I have to input data in columns A, B, C E, H, I and J. Columns A and H are pick lists. I have formulas in the following columns:- Column C: =IF(ISBLANK(Cnn),"",+Bnn+Cnn) Column F: =IF(ISBLANK(Enn),"",+Fnn+1) I want column I to be populated AUTOMATICALLY (do not want to use the Contr...

Reporting on user logon and time in CRM
Is there any possible way to report on when users log into CRM and how long they are in? Any thoughts or insight is greatly appreciated. Regards, Sean Aaron and I bounced a couple of ideas around before he left, but we never came up with anything that would work consistently. The problem is that the whole nature of HTTP is that it's stateless. We get around some of that by caching a bit of information in the application tier, and that was the core of the original idea. That is, could we use the cache insert time to determine, within the cache timeout time, the last time a user conn...

Setting Primary Contact
Hello, The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary? Thanks! -- Ursula R. Hi, If you open any account record, you would see field "Primary Contact". Using this field you can set existing contact as primary contact for account. Regards, Rohit "Ursula Rigg" wrote: > Hello, > > The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary? > Thanks! > -- > Ursula R. Hi Rohit, Interestingly, I do not have that field present in the account view. Guess I need to see our administrator? Thanks. -- Ursula...

Start up settings
I would like to be able to open excel and not have a new workbook open at the same time. How can I have the task pane open up without a new workbook? You can create a shortcut to do this. Right click on the desktop and choose New>Shortcut Browse to the path of your Excel.exe At the end of the path, type a space and then /e So it'll look something like: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e Click Next Give your shortcut a name click Ok This shortcut will open the Excel application without any worksheets. tod >-----Original Message----- >I would...

Budgeting and different account cycles
I have just downloaded a trial version of MS Money 2006. I want a better tool to see my cashflow and help me with budgeting. Since you can't change budget dates in MS Money how can you keep track of all the transactions when my checking account cycle is different from my credit card cycle? I try to purchase all items on credit card but my bills and some expenses come from the checking account. I want to set up a budget with a spending tracker that will reflect the transaction from both the checking and credit card accounts. Any idea on how I can do this? Thank you for all the help. ...

Run time error 429 at startup of pos
we uninstalled epson opos adk to install newer version. now when we try to open pos, we get an activex run time error 429. anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? JohnnyBoy, Try re-installing the RMS program as the Epson uninstall must have wiped out something RMS needed. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System...

Listing Last Name First in Select Names
How do I set Outlook 2002 so that when the "Select Names" box comes up the email addresses are listed last name first? My Contacts folder is listed that way but names come up first name first in "Select Names". Thanks. Tools->email accounts->Directories->View or Change. Set the display order from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and fin...