How do I set up daily reminder with tasks?

I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't
want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone.  I tried
using tasks and it's rather cumbersome.  I set it up to remind every day and
then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box then
it won't regenerate the next days task.  Simply clicking DISMISS isn't
enough.  Is there a better way to do this?  And once you check the task is
complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or over time you
end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDICATION that have to be
deleted...rather cumbersome.

I tried to find a widget to pop up a reminder each day at noon but was
surprised at how few reminder widgets there were...only 13 or so.

Thanks

0
no1 (201)

If you mark the task as complete that will generate the following task
reminder.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Wekiva" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't
>want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone.  I tried
>using tasks and it's rather cumbersome.  I set it up to remind every day
>and then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box
>then it won't regenerate the next days task.  Simply clicking DISMISS isn't
>enough.  Is there a better way to do this?  And once you check the task is
>complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or over time
>you end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDICATION that have to be
>deleted...rather cumbersome.
>
> I tried to find a widget to pop up a reminder each day at noon but was
> surprised at how few reminder widgets there were...only 13 or so.
>
> Thanks

0
kenslovak (742)
9/15/2006 2:02:27 PM
I had ironicly the same problem, but even if I would mare it complete the
next task generated will not have a reminder window popup. Any idea to help?
"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message
> If you mark the task as complete that will generate the following task
> reminder.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Wekiva" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>>I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't
>>want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone.  I tried
>>using tasks and it's rather cumbersome.  I set it up to remind every day
>>and then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box
>>then it won't regenerate the next days task.  Simply clicking DISMISS
>>isn't enough.  Is there a better way to do this?  And once you check the
>>task is complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or
>>over time you end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDICATION that have
>>to be deleted...rather cumbersome.
>>
>> I tried to find a widget to pop up a reminder each day at noon but was
>> surprised at how few reminder widgets there were...only 13 or so.
>>
>> Thanks

0
info908 (16)
9/15/2006 4:21:40 PM
No, not really. If the recurring series has a reminder the generated
instances of the series should have reminders also.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

"Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message
>I had ironicly the same problem, but even if I would mare it complete the
>next task generated will not have a reminder window popup. Any idea to
>help?

0
kenslovak (742)
9/15/2006 5:23:32 PM
I would recommend you to try Cute Reminder. It will show you
unobtrusive recurrent pop-up reminders, which you can confirm/postpone
with only 1 mouse click. The program can run in the system tray and
allows you you to post sticky notes on your screen.

Nicholas
http://www.CuteReminder.com

Wekiva wrote:
> I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't
> want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone.  I tried
> using tasks and it's rather cumbersome.  I set it up to remind every day and
> then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box then
> it won't regenerate the next days task.  Simply clicking DISMISS isn't
> enough.  Is there a better way to do this?  And once you check the task is
> complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or over time you
> end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDICATION that have to be
> deleted...rather cumbersome.
>
> I tried to find a widget to pop up a reminder each day at noon but was
> surprised at how few reminder widgets there were...only 13 or so.
>
> Thanks

0
submitmgr (4)

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

delay reminders
how can you stop reminders poping up when outlook is started? Outlook 2003? And what kind of reminders? I've never gotten any. Are you talking about the AutoArchive reminder? Bev;116619 Wrote: > how can you stop reminders poping up when outlook is started? Dismiss them and they shouldn't reappear. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Can I set up a calendar lookup for date selection
Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot find any reference to it in the help. try this url http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm ================= "Tangoxray" <Tangoxray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72D4DB63-1D7F-477A-93C7-2F767A207B26@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot > find any reference to it in the help. ...

Outlook does not d/l entire imap message, though it is set to
I am using Outlook 2007 and am having trouble getting it to consistently download an entire message instead of just the headers. I went into Define Send/Receive Groups to specify the particular folder in question, and selected it as being one for which all items incl. attachments should be completely downloaded. However, many times it only grabs the header. Is this a bug? And how can I make it always download the complete item? Thanks, Garrett "Garrett" <Garrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710C17CC-B12C-452F-BF95-DC2317E572A6@microso...

Extract account set info in FRx?
Does anyone know how to extract all the account set definitions in FRx to a file? I've set up so many of these it would be nice to be able to dump them off so I can keep better track of them. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

Task w/ Multiple Resource
I have a task that requires two resources to work concurrently. It is a series of presentations that need to occur within a single span of five days. Both resources must be available to attend each and every presentation within that 5 day period. There is work that must be complete prior to presentations, therefore this task has a predecessor. It so happens that one of the resources that must perform the task is away on vacation when the predecessor finishes. Even though the vacation is entered as an exception in the calendar of the resource, MS Project still schedules the pr...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

How do I set up an out of office auto response?
Hi: I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help me out? Thank you so much. JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help > me out? Thank you so much. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it? "Brian Tillman&qu...

Multiple tasks in sales process stage
I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6). Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a prerequisite to completing the next. When I reschedule 1 of the tasks (say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so. It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and assigned a due date and are then left static. The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task in th...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

I need a rectangular label set for a DVD case.
not the square ones... but one that's rectangular, approx 7.25 x 5.25 inches. Thanks!! debbieT debbie@truesoaps.com ...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

security setting for PO comments
Using GP 9.0 i am trying to allow my purchasing people to add comments to the PO. Apparently they do not have security access to the comment area and I can not figure out specifically where in advanced security this clearance is granted. Typically, they should be able to select from pre-written comments on the PO form. To create new comments, they need access to the Create New Comment window. Sorry, I dont have a copy of 9 on my laptop to give you the exact window location in AS but this might get you headed in the right direction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 200...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

Setting up email to work
I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I went into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a valid Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error and HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do? Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101": http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "Russ" <Russ@discussions.mic...

Relocate My Outlook Look / Excel Settings
I have changed my system because of some unavoidable reason. I was using Windows 2000. And still using win 2000 How can I transfer my outlook settings (look, style, groupings, contacts, calendar, OE settings with Newsgroups ...in short all settings related to outlook & outlook express). Also If possible kindly tell me how can i transfer MS Office settings in general to my new system. Please please any suggestions / advices regarding relocation from old-system to new-system will be highly appreciated. Regards, Murtaza Hi Murtaza, That's a pretty good situation, two systems that w...

Outlook 2002
Tasks from the calender continue to pop up even though they have already been completed in Outlook - Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pop-up as in the reminders still appear? Try this: Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK. Any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Steve" <steve@emilanderson.com> wrote in message news:0...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...

EWS and constant reminders
If a person created a reoccurring event using Entourage 2008 when Standard time was in effect for an event that begins during Daylight time (for example a reoccurring event beginning in May was created back in Jan) than when the event reminder is generated later it pops up every minute for the event despite being dismissed each time. When viewing the event using Outlook 2007 - Standard time is listed in the description. To fix the issue the reoccurring event has to be recreated during the same time adjustment period. I've had to do this for annual events (birthdays) that were c...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...

Reminder/Meeting version/format
Hi all. I use VB6 to add reminders and set meetings in outlook: Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objMeet = olApp.CreateItem(1) '1=olAppointmentItem In the code I use : objMeet.OptionalAttendees = strEmails I have two machines, one with Outlook2000 and the other with Outlook XP. When I run this code on the machine that has Outlook 2000, the machine with Outlook XP gets the invitation correctly (I can see its a meeting invitation, I can accept/reject etc.). When I run this code on the machine that has Outlook XP, the machine with Outlook 2000 gets th...

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...