How do I set up an out of office auto response?

Hi:
I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office
response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues.  Can you help me out?
Thank you so much.
0
JenniferC (2)

http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of
> > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues.  Can you help
> > me out? Thank you so much.
>
> http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
JenniferC (2)
2/5/2007 4:53:01 PM
On 02/05/07 08:53, JenniferC wrote:
> Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it?

The link provided in the first response to your post referred to
the Out of Office Assistant. Are you sure you can't see what OOA
stands for?

As far as how to enable it, I never have, but with my inbox selected,
I went to the Tools menu and found "Out of Office Assistant...". When
I click on that, I'm given a dialog that looks like it might do what
you want.

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi:
>> > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of
>> > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues.  Can you help
>> > me out? Thank you so much.
>>
>> http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
0
meh1 (9)
2/5/2007 5:09:47 PM
JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it?

Out of Office Assistant.  If your Tools menu doesn't contain it or it is
grayed out, then you are not connected to an Exchange server (OOA requires
Exchange) and you'll have to create a rule.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook 2002 auto send/receive no longer working
For some reason my pop3 dailup no longer sends/receives automatically when launching outlook, or at timed intervals. Can someone help with suggestions on reseting this feature? XP Pro I'm using. I even did a repair of Office XP and a clean install. Thanks for any help! What are your Send/Receive group settings? Have you checked in the File menu to see if you have set your installation to Work Offline? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "circuit slave" <sh101@earthling.net> wrote in message news:2aee226c.0308230131.2914b6b5@posting.google.com... > For some reason my pop3 ...

How to disable inline auto-indent/spaces when replying
Good Morning, When I reply on a message, and want to write between the tekst I replied to, it automatically adds a space before and after my cursor. So if I edit: "Today it is 9 Oktober 2007" To 9 October, I get this: "Today it is 9 O c tober" How can I turn this off? Thanks in advance, Joost Pastoor ...

installing all clipart to hard drive in Office Professional
I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it was installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the orginal cd but I would prefer to have all of it on the hard drive. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ggr" <ggr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBF70A74-DF7F-431B-A2D8-BF4825F6CB9A@microsoft.com... >I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it >was > installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the >...

Installing Office 07 on Vista (Problem Encountered)
My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to install a new version to the same location it fails. I cannot uninstall the older version because it is corrupt - I was wondering if there is a walk-through for a manual uninstall or some support I don't have to pay $40 for. "Karl Neumann" <Karl Neumann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E653F052-BEA5-419D-AF5C-047A2D6FFF21@microsoft.com... > My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to > install a new version to the same location i...

System Setting not available
I am not able to create users because System under Settings is greyed out. I am logged on as SA. I am using GP 7.5. Help? Who is dbo for the DYNAMICS database? If it is other than 'sa' or 'DYNSA', such as 'administrator', run sp_changedbowner 'DYNSA'. Has this been a working GP system, or are you trying to restore to a new server? "Tiffany" wrote: > I am not able to create users because System under Settings is greyed out. > I am logged on as SA. I am using GP 7.5. Help? > > > It is just sa. We installed the app on...

Outlook Plain Text Setting
I am starting to move my users over to Outlook and Exchange 2003. I noticed that by default Outlook is setting the users up as HTML e-mail. Is there a way that I can set all of my users up with Plain Text for e-mail? Thanks, Jeff That is a user setting, of course, under Tools-->Options-->Mail Format You can use the following to ensure inbound email is read as plain text, and therefor replies will be plain text: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:lcr542hthnrf6qfqikqrm4cdebs11ikuaa@4ax.co...

Implication of setting the Publish Task field to No
Hi all, Can anyone pls advise of what the implications are on setting the publish task field to no in terms of reporting. For example if using reports from the resource centre to review actual work by resource will non published tasks be included. Or if running a report through the OLAP cube? Further should fields like total project costs displayed in the Project Centre or OLAP reports display the total minus the non published tasks? We are currently setting a number of project tasks to publish No to simplify the timesheet experience for resources but are noting a number of ...

XML Map
Hi all, I import XML data into a worksheet, and choose a mapping name, but I have no idea how to change the path so that it is dynamic. I've been trying to find a way to set my mapping paths to dynamic, so that when I move the folder that contains the xl file and xml files, the mapping path still works. Help :) Cheers, Grant. I'm not sure you can make it 'dynamic' per se but you can write code to change. Here's a sample of changing the bound xml document. ActiveWorkbook.XmlMaps(1).DataBinding.LoadSettings ("C:\Services Proposal.xml") -- Charles...

Auto-backup fails if "tmp" is on a FAT32 drive
Now this is weird. Money 2003 (which works almost perfectly for me) balks at creating the automatic backup at program exit, IF the environment variable "tmp" points to a folder on any FAT32 partition. A dialog box says that Money cannot create a temporary file on P:\Temp. The folder exists, and it's not marked read-only. (Since it's FAT32, it shouldn't be a permissions issue.) If "tmp" points anywhere on an NTFS partition, Money 2003 creates the backup on exit just fine. Although the message says that Money "cannot create a temporary file",...

Problem registering Office:mac 2008

Goofed up my Office v.X installation
Oh, man. This is a bit long but I'd sure appreciate some guidance. I've just completed the switch from OS9 to Panther (woohoo!) and as a part of that I decided to switch my Office:Mac 2001 to Office v.X. But I used my husband's CD of Office v.X to install and now, because we are on a home ethernet DSL network, we get a "this program is already in use" kind of message when we both try to use Office at the same time. Rats. �Is there some kind of switch I can flip to make the computers standalone as far as Office v.X is concerned but still let us use the DSL ethernet netwo...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

How do I set a combobox listfillrange to a range in another workb.
I have a combobox on sheet1 of workbook1. I'd like to set the combobox property LISTFILLRANGE to a range in workbook2. Is the other workbook going to be open? If yes, you can just go into design mode (another icon on the Control toolbox toolbar). rightclick on your combobox select properties scroll down to ListFillRange and type in the address--like: [book2.xls]sheet1!A1:A10 but as soon as you close that other workbook, you break your combobox. Maybe you could use a formula (on a hidden sheet) to return the values from that other workbook and use that range for your listfillrange fo...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Outlook Express won't open and can't access newsgroups from Outlook Office 2003
I do not understand why newsgroups are not incorporated into Outlook 2003. Now when I can get "news" to be listed on the go menu of Outlook 2003, it opens outlook express for me, but my "news" button keeps vanishing and I can't add it back becuase it is not listed in the options under the Go category in the categorize menus area. :-( And I can't open Outlook Express by itself, when I click Express icon in start menu, 2003 opens. :-( Outlook has always opened OE for news reading. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Intern...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Premium and Excel 2000
I have XP OS, and Microsoft Office 2000, not MS Office 2000 PREMIMIUM. However, I continue to receive a prompt to install the "PREMIUM" disc. Do you know of any place I can go to download "PREMIUM" without having to pay for the whole program as a new program? Actually, if I can download just the "PREMIUM" features for free or near free, I would do that. More immediate is the EXCEL problem. I have about 35 documents and spreadsheets in my Excel program. I just returned from a trip and hadn't had access to my computer for several weeks. All of my ...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

office 2008 mac trial
Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need to try it out for a client who currently uses iwork08 There's been no notice of a general availability. I can't speak for TechNet but that's the resource to check directly... There are few here who are TechNet subscribers:-) Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/15/08 2:11 PM, in article B027EAFE-6F68-47E3-9A39-254D3E97A4B4@microsoft.com, "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need...

Auto Recovery #4
Hello everybody I have in excel option the autorecovery function on and is saving in the following path : C:\Documents and Settings\mnikolaou\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel The problem is that i was working a file and make some chanes while my computer crashes. When i made a restart it was imposible to find out the file i was working. not even in a recovery format. Is that option works properly or i have to make some other changes in the options in order to have backup files while i am working? Thanks in advance Manos Auto Recovery is supposed to work automatically so that you do n...

set first record to zero in a calculated field
I have a query which compares the current record's create time with the previous record's create time, which gives me the number of seconds elapsed between button presses. All works fine, except the first record is blank. I want it to say either zero or 1 second, regardless of what the query say's. This is the SQL (which creates a sub query from the exisitng table in order to compare current with previous record.) SELECT tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_No, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_waypoint_List_ID, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Target.Run_waypoint, tbl_Waypoints_Reveal_Targe...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Refernce other files and auto update info
I need to create a master file which lists all projects an employee is working on all in one tab. It also has to automatically update as the employees enter their information in order to keep track of employees who might be looking for work or not. So I need in Master File cells from A1 to D6 reference a file from employee #1. Than in the master file have cells from A8 to D13 reference a file from employee #2 and so on. I know it can be done, but just don't know where to start. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You se...