how do i set up an email account for another user on same puter

would like to know if a second user email account could be set up in office
outlook

0
barb567 (1)

Sure... what is the 'puter'?
You could probably do this at the OS level.  XP offers multiple users so
they each get their own desktop and settings.

Otherwise, you can have multiple profiles and be prompted for which profile
to use in Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/ha011471581033.aspx

"barb567" <barb567@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> would like to know if a second user email account could be set up in
> office
> outlook

0
william8023 (152)

email stuck in outbox #6
I have a client running SBS2003 with exchange, and XP SP 2 client workstations using Outlook 2003. One of them is reporting that now email is sticking in the outbox until they hit send/receive. This is a new problem, not something they've had since day 1 of the SBS/exchange install and it seems to be only a problem on one workstation. I searched for a solution but nothing seemed to fit this problem with this exact configuration- most of the posts are for older systems. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Oh, and yes, "send immediately on connection" is checked in their outl...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

RestrictAnonymous Registry setting
What should I be setting this to If I have a NT4.0, Exchange 5.5 sp4 system that is a BDC? This is a single domain site Here is article about the setting The RestrictAnonymous registry setting controls the level of enumeration granted to an anonymous user. If RestrictAnonymous is set to 0 (that is, the default setting), any user can obtain system information, including: user names and details, account policies, and share names. Anonymous users can use this information in an attack against your system. The list of user names and share names could help potential attackers identify who is an adm...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

I just activated office2003 S&T ver, cannot reply to emails
my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot reply In news:28E0E702-5CE2-4C2A-B033-EC618ECF90EE@microsoft.com, txcowboy <txcowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot > reply What type of e-mail account do you use? Are you running all the Office/Outlook updates, including SP1? I got it resolved. Don't know how for sure. I am running MS office outlook 2003 I think I needed to authenticate to MSN Passport by login in. before it allowed me to do replies. All this security and I ...

Some OWA users cant login but some can
We upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 and rolled out OWA. Some of the users can access the OWA system, But some cant. What should I check? Are the mailboxes all on 2003 yet? Are you still in mixed mode? How long ago did you migrate the mailboxes? I've experienced a similar situation where I needed to wait for either SRS or the ADC to replicate information for migrated mailbox before OWA could be used. This took up to an hour sometimes. Also, did you check the permissions of the user account to make sure they have access to OWA? I am having the same issue. It has been 3 weeks f...

Removing Exchange User Attributes and the ADC
We merged an ADMTv2 created user account with an ADC created Contact, rather that the ADC created Disabled User. We would now like to get rid of the user account's association with the Contact info and merge the user account w/the ADC Disabled user; however, when we try to do that - using the ADClean util. - ADClean tells us we cannot as the user account is already mail enabled. Removing the existing Exchange Attributes on the users account suggests its self, however, when we go to do that all sorts of warnings come up (I'm somewhat familiar with the issues but need more insi...

Content in user's calendar different than other calendars
Good morning from Wisconsin, In our network, one user's calendar is not seeing the same events/ notes as everyone else. The updates that he puts in don't get pushed out to the shared calendars, and he can see some of the updates that other users put into the shared calendars but not all updates. It appears as if his calendars won't update beyond a date somewhere in the neighborhood of about three weeks ago. However, he can send/ receive email from the server just fine. The clients are all running Outlook 2003 and log into Active Directory on a Windows SBS 2003 box running Exch...

how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group from java?
Using Java's LDAP protocol, how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group ? I have one approach in which, get the distinguishedName for this user and then remove the first CN part (username). This will be left with OU part. Now check if this OU matches with the given OU. But does not sound like a perfect solution to me. Any other better approaches? Regards, Shivaraj Shivaraj, I would suggest posting to AD Newsgroup as this is related to AD not Exchange. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Microsoft Certified Partner "shivaraj" ...

Inserting the email
Hi There I have a data base of users at our company and wish to know how to insert "@(emailaddress)" after every user in all 5000+ cells and is it possible to import this list to outlook ? please help Nik excell newbie Are they all @thesame.com? If your data is in one column, I'd insert a new column and use a formula: =a1&"@emailaddress.com Copy|paste special|values and toss the original column. And if you save the file as a .csv (comma separated values), then you can specify that inside Outlook for importing. (I might even export the existing contacts as a ....

Account name not mapped with security id
Hi, After installing CRM, i have noticed in the event viewer on the server that CRM generates an errorin the form of something like Error: Account names not mapped with domain users security IDs. How do i solve this? ...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Deferred Compensation Accounts
Quicken let me identify accounts that had taxable distribution, i.e. tranfers from accounts could be identified as taxable. Is there any of doing this in Money 2004 Deluxe? ...

Re-Reciving emails.
Dear All How can I receive only newermails after reinstalling my outlook ?? Accidently I have to reinstall my microsoft Outlook. So I saved my mails in other folder. After reinstalling and opening again my old mails I started to receive to e- mails. But at that time I have to receive emils already present in my inbox. So I have to wait long long time to read my newer mail. So please tell me if there any way to receive only new mails after office reinstallation.... Thanks... Zaw Ye There is no way to do this. The information about which messages have already been receiv...

Calendar dates in all users outlook
G'Day All, I am running E2K and all users are running Outlook XP on their desktops. Without visiting all users computers how can I update all users' Outlook Calendar to show the days/dates the office will be closed? Thanks I have the same problem. The only workaround I could find was to send out an email meeting invitation to everyone and instruct them to click accept (which they eagerly do if it's a holiday). If you find a better way let me know! Chris ...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Quick Campaign: More than 1 email is sent out
Hi All, I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each contact. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks. On 25 jul, 13:14, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick > campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact > record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each > contact. Does anyone ...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...