How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?

I'm using Outlook 2003.  How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail
from Microsoft Web Access?  It has a https URL.
--
Thank You
James P Murphy

Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm

--

"J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003.  How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e
> mail
> from Microsoft Web Access?  It has a https URL.
> --
> Thank You
> James P Murphy

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Upload Mail Merge Template
I am having problems uploading word mail merge templates into CRM. From outlook I lick the mail merge options, which opens word. I can then create my document, go through the mail merge, and at the end there is an option to 'Ipload Template to CRM' When I click on this I am asked if I want to upload the template into CRM, once I click yes nothing happens. I have tried this on a number of machines, an a number of users (including System Administrator). I have managed to get it to work on ONE machine only, all the others in the network do not work. All the client machines are Wi...

Error sending email #2
Hi I am trying to send email from within access. When I try to create outlook from within access using Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), I get the 'Automation Error, The specified module could not be found.". I can see the outlook 11 reference in the reference so not sure why it can't find outlook. This app is working fine on other machines so the problem has to be with this machine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards ...

Is it possible to auto forward incoming mail?
Is it possible to automatically forward mail that is coming in to a Microsoft Office address and have it forward to another e-mail account? Thanks for whatever feedback I can get! ...

Sending via different email account depending on Contact
Is it possible in OL2003 to automatically choose an email account to send from depending on whom the contact you are sending to? (I know I can click on Account in the drop down list and choose which one to use, but was hoping of an automatic way of this happening depending on domain) e.g. If I send an email to joe-just-a-test@company123.com then the email account chosen to send email is company123 Thanks No, Outlook can't do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Out...

How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel?
How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? What have you done so far? Is there a specific problem that you need help with? R1_4Life wrote: > How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

setting up O.E. to send and recieve MSN mail
I have a MSN mail account, and want to set up my O.E. to sent and recieve my mail. I went to "accounts" and did everything that I was supposed to, and when I tried to send mail, I got the following two messages: The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0 Also, Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Serve...

Outlook sends mails in "Rich-Text" since SP2
Hi, I have problems with SP2! Since I have installed SP2, Outlook always sends mails in "Rich-Text" though in Outlook's options Tools --> Options --> Mail-Format is configured that new messages will be send in "Plain-Text". I figured out this behavior when I sent an email with an attachment to users who are using outlook express. All receipients told me that they have not received an attachment. Receipients of this mail which are using Outlook received the attachment. Below you can see a part of the header: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---...

WMP 12 Video Settings (Brightness/Contrast etc.) Won't Work
Hi, I have new Sony CW laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit) with an Nvidia GeForce GT 230m graphics card. The problem I have is that I can't adjust the video settings (colour/contrast/brightness etc.) in Windows Media Player 12 as I am used to being able to do in previous versions. I use this function all the time and it is not enough for me to simply change the global settings as I know it should be possible within Windows Media Player. I updated the Nvidia driver and downloaded the K-Lite codec pack (too complicated - didn't know which codecs to adjust) with no resu...

Moving e-mails in OL2002 and Exchange 5.5?
We have got an Exchange 5.5 server and I am trying to use the Outlook Rules Wizard to move e-mails from any address with @company.com in their e-mail address to a different folder under my Inbox. This doens't work. It works with outside addresses, but not internal ones. We have multiple domain's accross multiple locations, so would like to create one to move @company1.com to Company 1 folder, @company2.com to Company 2 folder ETC. Any idea how this can be done? ...

Settings area disappeared from Client
Hi, I have been working in Settings area, adding new fields to forms etc and all was well. I then decided to install the Outlook Client which seems to have gone well except for when I go back to Internet Explorer and go to http://crmserver my whole Settings area isn't there anymore , just Workplace, Sales, Marketing and Service. (I went to server to check my role was still Systems Administrator and it is) Any ideas on how to get Settings to show up again would be appreciated. Sorry,step 13 Restart computer, fixed it. "sherry" wrote: > Hi, I have been working in Set...

Forwarding or Alias, sending mail outside Exchange
Hello Everyone, I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003. We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for, but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail go to his hotmail.com account. Review: Mail sent to Tom@OurCompany.com is sent to Tom@Hotmail.com. Can I do this using Exchange? Do I need to set up a user in Active Directory and set up an exchange account for him and then a rule to forward all of this mail to Tom@Hotmail.com? I would prefer it if there is a way to forward all incoming messages addressed to tom@ourcompany...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Mail getting filtered into Junk Email with no IMF installed
I am running a Exchange 2003 server with mostly Outlook 2003 clients. I have installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5, with Heuristic Spam scanning turned on, and any emails with a SCL >1 being tagged with a custom X header. What I am finding is that somewhere on the server or client, anything coming in with an SCL score in the headers is being filtered into the "Junk Email" folder, rather than following any rules I set up on the rules wizard. This is not the functionality I want, as I want the users to be able to chose whether to filter for spam or not. I can only as...

prevent some one to send a mail to me
hi . how can i prevent someone to send a mail to me. I do want to recive his mail. thanx for help if you have version 2003, right click an email from them and add them to your blocked senders' list. You haven't told us much so I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow Wilson) "suad" <suad@moe.gov.om> wrote in message news:1165227614.391776.74380@f1g2000cwa.googlegrou...

Mails in temp store after dead disk
Hi NG I just rebooted our Exchange Server, but for strange reasons the datadisk didnt come up. When I realised I did another reboot, and the disk worked just fine. We are using pop3 connector to fetch mails, and during the 5 minutes the system was up without a storage, Exchange fetched mails from our pop3 server. After the second reboot, those mails were gone! I guess they were placed in some temp store, but I dont know where, and even worse, I dont know how to restore them into the main mail store. Can someone help? ...

In-Cell editing unvailable in address card view
Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 IMAP/POP email, not exchange In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not available. It's available in phone list view. Any way to enable it? Thanks! How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in other views. There's no use for it. -- Russ Valentine "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ACBA9D1-88B4-4CC5-8F32-DC36AE1D2178@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 > IMAP/POP email, not excha...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

Mail enabled universal distibution groups
When I create a mail enabled distribution group in a different domain the RUS stamps the DL with the default recipient policy instead of the policy that I would like it to use and does not put it in the correct Exchange admin group. Can someone explain this or does anyone know of a good article that can shed some more light on what affects the creation of a mail enabled universal group. -- Thanks! Crisoft "Crisoft" <ccisat1crc@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I create a mail enabled distribution group in a different domain the RUS >stamps the DL with the default reci...

Address Book from an LDAP server on Exchange 2000
I have an EX2K server on which I need to have an address book from an LDAP openmail server. Through the Exchange System Manager under Recipients\All Address Lists I've created another address book, but could not make heads or tails of how the LDAP query should be. For the openmail server I got the following details: server: 192.168.8.10 c=openmail I'm sure that the LDAP server is working fine as I managed to query the server via the Outlook 2000 client directly. Can somebody help with this ? Thanks Ian Briffa Malta ...

Relocate Bad Mail Directory
My BadMail directory is causing me to get a message that my C:\ size is getting lesser everyday and I found out that it's due to the Bad Mail directory. Right now it's about 1.2 GB in size. Is it possible to relocate this to another bigger volume? If yes, what are the precautions, like permissions to the new volume/folder? Can I delete files in the directory before moving? Do I have to stopped any services or dismount any stores. Please help. Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO First I would ensure you are not open for Relay, this could be the cause for your BadMail folder growing so...

Mail Merge #13
I am using outlook 2003 and word 2003 I want to get my contacts/address book from outlook through word into a document. I go through the process of mail merge and pick outlook data base. but it does not show my address book that is located in my public Folder in outlook. I have tried to change the properties/outlook address book/show this folder as an e-mail Address book in both administrator and my own log in. Also have given owner permissions. I need help. Suggestions? To merge from a PF you need to start the merge in outlook. Open the folder then go to Tools, Mail merge. if you nee...

windows Mail (Vista)
When I click on READ MAIL on IE 7.0 The mail inbox window does not open full view, it shows upat the very bottom of the page. When I click on it then it will open. How do I set it up so that I get it to go full screen when I initially click on Read Mail ? Never had this problem with XP.......... Thanks Hi George, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest re-posting your question to one of the newsgroups in this listing: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroup...

email sending problems #2
when sending emails to certain adresses, i recieve an error stating the email couldn't be sent because the adress was rejected by the server. it says "server error 550." it's really annoying because then i have to go into a webmail and send it out that way. i would say about 50% of my outgoing mail will not send because of this reason. any advice? thank you ...

error message when sending mail
I have been usingMail Live for about four months without any problems. I have made no changes. Now i get this message when i send e-mails: Subject "Fw:Fwd: New Arizona Billboard" Server Error 550 Server Response: 550 5.2.0 XAOY1e004DimX05A0byA Message identified as SPAM -Please visit http://www.charter.com/postmaster E5110 Server: 'smtp.charter.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC69 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Is the error occuring in Mail or Charter server. I have no problems receiving e-mails and 99% of what I send is forwarded rther then...

Hiden or Unknown email address for job posting
We need to run an add for a job but we don't want the risk of the person that's going to be replace to see the add and therefore know it's for their position because the email address listed is jobs@our_domain.com. We'd like to have jobs@not_our_domain.com. Is there a way to do this? I know about Hotmail etc, but that cheesy. I don't want to have to get a domain everytime we need to do this. Thoughts? If you are going to use another domain name then you will have to either register it or like you suggested, use a free account like yahoo or hotmail. Or you might consider...