How do I set up a newsgroup account?

I get lost when I get to "Internet news server name" portion.....WHAT?If
someone can give me a step by step list,as well as a few news servers to
choose from,that would be a big help.Thanks.......

Frank
0
BionixWV (1)

"BionixWV" <BionixWV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get lost when I get to "Internet news server name"
>portion.....WHAT?If
> someone can give me a step by step list,as well as a few news servers
> choose from,that would be a big help.Thanks.......

Adelphia.net doesn't provide newsgroups service to its customers (so you
could call them or use their web help pages to get the info)?  I just
looked and, yep, they have a web help page at
http://www.adelphiapowerpage.com/synacor/faqs/Newsgroup_Faqs.cfm (which
alludes in the last paragraph that Adelphia contracts out the newsgroups
service from Giganews).  However, I didn't see a server name specified
but then I couldn't login to get to more help pages (I'm not an Adelphia
customer).  Guess you'll have to login to find more specific setup help
pages or just call their tech support.

Post replies to the newsgroup.  Share with others.

Frank, I was with Wanadoo until without notice they cut off their ne3wsgroup
service.  I then went to this site  for an independent newsgroup service
http://www.ak47.org/
The cost was quite reasonable and I now have a much better service than ever
before.  I did have to set it up with shortcut on the desktop instead of
from "Outlook" but that was no problem, also the support staff were very
good in helping me.
I think you can also get access to a newsgroup at "msnews.microsoft.com" but
it is much more limited.

"BionixWV" <BionixWV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I get lost when I get to "Internet news server name" portion.....WHAT?If
> someone can give me a step by step list,as well as a few news servers to
> choose from,that would be a big help.Thanks.......
>
> Frank

0
twoduncans (45)

--=20
Peter

"BionixWV" <BionixWV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I get lost when I get to "Internet news server name" =
portion.....WHAT?If=20
> someone can give me a step by step list,as well as a few news servers =
to=20
> choose from,that would be a big help.Thanks.......
>=20
> Frank
0
okf221 (388)

school accounts
I cannot seem to get Outlook to cooperate with my email account through my school. I'm not even sure where to start with setting up my account. Any help is appreciated You should start by contacting your school mail administrator to ask for the server and logon details :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "GoingNuts" <GoingNuts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:213599C6-7913-4FE6-9DCE-70A358128E46@microsoft.com...

setting up account for outlook?
Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend whos over in iraq! Talk to your ISP - they will give you all the information you need to set up your account. We cannot. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rasheem asked: | Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend | whos over in iraq! ...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK)

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

set a reminder to print or edit in an excel document
Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a workbook on a certain day. I need to print and edit a workbook on a certain day at a certain time, but I can never remember to do this. Is there any way of setting a reminder alarm or notification. Thanks > Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a > workbook on a certain day. ... If you have Excel, you might be using Outlook also. Both are part of Office 2003. Outlook has a "calendar" feature that pops up reminders the user can schedule. I use it all the ti...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Limited User Account
I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer with Windows XP. I read in the user guide that I must install it with an administrator account, which I would expect. After it is installed, can I import data from Quicken 2006 and use MS Money Plus from a limited user account? The reason I ask is I do all my routine work with a limited user account and only use the administrator account when absolutely necessary. Gerry In microsoft.public.money, Geber wrote: >I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer >with Windows XP. I read in the...

Can't get newsgroup messages posted by self
I have a weird issue with Windows Live Mail concerting synchronizing messages from newsgroups. If I post a message to the Microsoft private newsgroups (privatenews.microsoft.com), I don't see the post but I can see new posts by other users. If I use Outlook Express on Windows XP, I see my posts. I don't have problems with WLM synchronizing my hotmail e-mail. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this issue? "Teo Lachev" <TeoLachev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65458221-D220-47D9-95E3-A9B593424714@microsoft.com... > I have a weird issu...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

start app without setting focus
Hi, i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my application gets the focus. How can I realize that? I tried such tings like GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does anybody has some ideas how I can do that? thanks a lot, Holger -- www.kreissl.info In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Holger Krei�l" <n...

Account Category Setups
Is there any limit on the number of account category setups that can be added? I've added a new catedgory, but I can't see it on the FRx side. I'm to a point where the FRx numbers I see are @ 145 as to the category label (since I can't see descriptions. Thanks Merle, There is not a one stop fix for this issue and you may want to follow the steps outlined in KB article 873974 to resolve. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Merle Schwickerath" wrote: > Is there any limit ...

Set Left and Right Margins in Headers and Footers
How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Select, File, Page Setup and the Margins tab. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD168AF-D83F-418A-8A72-4C0C28E8A192@microsoft.com... > How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Thank you for your response While I can see that this sets the Vertical position (Top and Bottom) of the headers and footers it does not set the...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

Account for Incoming email only?
Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings only? For a variety of reasons I cannot set up a second account that includes outgoing server settings and I'd like to be able to check an account with forwarding email all over the galaxy. I was hoping that just setting up my "two-way" email account as the default would solve the problem but it doesn't. Thanks for the help. JanDG <jandg@cableone.net> wrote: > Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings > only? Yes. > For a variety of reasons I cannot set...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

balance on home page disagrees with balance of account
I'm still using Money 2004 (waiting for wildcard support in payee rules before upgrading) and WinXP Pro SP2, fully updated. In case the subject line doesn't adequately explain the problem: Of the many accounts I keep in Money, I have one (and only one) where the *ending* balance on the account page differs from the ending balance shown on the home page. I've tried to repair the file twice (standard method), but, alas, no joy. I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas on how I might fix this. In microsoft.public.money, Stimpy Stimperson wrote: >I'm still using Money ...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

Multiple Accounts held at the SAME Institution with DIFFERENT logons
I am trying to sync Money 2006 to my Banc of America Investment Services accounts. I have two accounts with two DIFFERENT logons, an IRA and a regular brokerage. Money will sync fine to one or the other, but I can't set it up to sync to both because when I click on Online Services it is already setup so I can't add a different login, etc. -- Daniel Blackmon Project Lead - Software Engineer Worldwide Environmental Products Inc. In microsoft.public.money, Daniel wrote: >I am trying to sync Money 2006 to my Banc of America Investment Services >accounts. I have two accounts w...

Mortgage Account setup wrongly
I have a Mortgage account with a wrong opening balance, and wrong first payment transaction. My payment schedules are correct. I would like to correct each entry of this account. Would this mess out my account, payment schedules and historical reconciled payments? Most likely if you try to make changes to previous transactions, something will get messed up. How you deal with this all depends upon how badly you want to keep the transactions linked between the accounts. Personally, I don't like any linked transactions if I can avoid it, so I would either just make an adjustment to th...

How do I set my out of office in Outlook 2010?
What type of mail account do you have? "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com... > Have you checked with you Beta support forum about your issue that was supplied to you when the Office 2010 Beta was issued to you as a Beta tester? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com.....

How to migrate all account settings?
Hello - I bought myself a new computer and want to migrate Outlook from one to the other. The "content" (i.e. contacts, calendar, etc.) I was able to transfer by copying over the Outlook.pst file. But how can I migrate all the account settings? I found no "export" functionality. Do I REALLY have to define all that stuff anew??? Or is there a file or a registry subtree that contains all these settings so that I can transfer them all in a single swoop? Michael Recreate your accounts manually. You won't be happy with any of the transfer Wizards. They don't wo...

setting up an email acct. and fowarding it to multiple email addre
one user in our company want to setup a generic email xxxxx@abc123.com and wants to foward mutliple email accounts in the same company. well when i go into exchange users and computers and setup the account. under properties>exchange general>delivery options and foward address. it only allows to forward one address. so my question is how do i set it up to allow to foward like to 4 other email addresses within the same company? is this possible and how do we go about setting it up? btw...we have exchange 2k3 with outlook 2k. thx in advance. Is there a specific reason to crea...

Can't Delete Investment Watch Accounts.
Have 10 old (five years since used) investment accounts (used as stock watch accounts) that I can't delete. I get the error message that states that: "This operation cannot be performed." Have tried running the Money File Repair tool to fix the problems to no avail. Tried re-opening these closed accounts and they still won't delete, same error message. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might rid Money 2005 of these accounts? The details relating to this message are: ************************************************************************************************...

Moving accounts
Recently, my bank (Bank One) was bought out by another bank (Chase). I currenly have my Bank One accounts set up for online updates. I have a Chase credit card, which I also have set up for online updates. I'm trying to change the institution for my Bank One accounts to be Chase. I tried doing this in the "Change account settings" page by selecting Chase in the drop down box for "Financial institution". However, when I try that, I get the error message: "You cannot change the financial institution for this account because it is set up for online servic...