How do i set default font for all users when sending emails?

Is it possible to set an default font for all my users in my domain. I
looked thru GPO for office 2003 and didnt find anything usefull..

I would like to set an default font when people are creating og replying
emails.

0
jeppe1 (2)

Jeppe Simonsen <jeppe@icebox.dk> wrote:

> Is it possible to set an default font for all my users in my domain. I
> looked thru GPO for office 2003 and didnt find anything usefull..
>
> I would like to set an default font when people are creating og
> replying emails.

You can't set a default font for replying because Outlook will reply using
the format of the original message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/31/2005 7:48:02 PM
>> Is it possible to set an default font for all my users in my domain. I
>> looked thru GPO for office 2003 and didnt find anything usefull..
>>
>> I would like to set an default font when people are creating og
>> replying emails.
>
> You can't set a default font for replying because Outlook will reply using
> the format of the original message.
> --
> Brian Tillman

OK, but I can set a default font for my domain users when they create a new
msg?

0
jeppe1 (2)
6/1/2005 5:40:06 AM
tools, options, mail format... fonts. It's a registry setting, so you can
use a log on script.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Jeppe Simonsen" <jeppe@icebox.dk> wrote in message
>>> Is it possible to set an default font for all my users in my domain. I
>>> looked thru GPO for office 2003 and didnt find anything usefull..
>>>
>>> I would like to set an default font when people are creating og
>>> replying emails.
>>
>> You can't set a default font for replying because Outlook will reply
>> using the format of the original message.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman
>
> OK, but I can set a default font for my domain users when they create a
> new msg?

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/1/2005 1:48:12 PM
It's a binary setting -- too complicated to put in a login script unless =
you import a .reg file. Other strategies:=20

1) Set a stationery policy (not in the Outlk11.adm file but can be added =
to a custom .adm file):

Key: =
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSett=
ings

Value name: NewStationery

Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ

Value: Name of the HTML file, without the .htm tag

2) Use the Office Profile Wizard to capture the font setting you want in =
an .ops file=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in =
message news:OIdWRCrZFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> tools, options, mail format... fonts. It's a registry setting, so you =
can=20
> use a log on script.
>=20
> --=20
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Jeppe Simonsen" <jeppe@icebox.dk> wrote in message=20

>>> You can't set a default font for replying because Outlook will reply =

>>> using the format of the original message.
>>> --=20
>>> Brian Tillman
>>
>> OK, but I can set a default font for my domain users when they create =
a=20
>> new msg?
>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Time Scale Default
Every time I set the time scale to 30 minutes, after I close Outlook and reopen it, it reverts back to to th 60 minute time scale. How do I stop it from doing this? -- Signing off ror now, Bill Make sure that Outlook is actually closing properly as there are add-ins that will interfere with the save. Look in Task Manager Processes to see that Outlook.EXE actually stops and disappears. Bill G wrote: > Every time I set the time scale to 30 minutes, after I close Outlook and > reopen it, it reverts back to to th 60 minute time scale. How do I stop it > from doin...

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Password protect send button
Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with the monkeys. Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer. Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails are sent ? Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove tha...

Font with Monospaced Numbers
Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif font, similar to Arial, that has monospaced numbers, so that a column of numbers will line up. When I use Arial in an Excel worksheet, the "1" occupies a narrow space, and causes a column of numbers to misalign. I don't want a totally monospaced font (I have one of those). Only the numbers, not text/letters should be monospaced. Thanks for your help. Fred Holmes Try using Courier. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif font, similar to >Arial, ...

testing account setting
After setup outlook 2002, (although I can send /receive mail with not problems) when I've try to use the test account setting to send a test mail. I get the follow message "Unable to send test message. Please verify the email address field. Do I have to create a message first before using this function? Any help to this puzzle would be great. Thanks to anyone in advance Regards Fidel ...

User gets married
I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to have to email address on one mailbox? You can leave the original SMTP address and simply add the new one to her account. You can then also set the new SMTP to be her default reply to address but any email sent to the original will still be accepted as inbound. "David Marcotte" wrote: > I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to > have to email address on one mailbox? David, The easiest was to accomplish this is the edit the user in Active Directory Users and...

Access Mulit users in form keep stumbling over each other
I've got a front end Access database that has the form and a backend Accessdatabase that has the data. I would like mulitple users to be able to enter information into the form but they keep stumbling on each others work when they are doing so. My database is very simple, the table has 2 columns one has the account number of customers and the other is where the workers will fill in Yes or No. The users open the form copy the account number, enter it into a program, and review it. If they account is positive for what they are looking for, they mark yes or no and go onto the next record....

Create an Address List Based on Group Membership of Users
Hello, I'm trying to do what is described in Knowledge Base Article - 321723; however, in step 5a I don't have the Group Membership option to click on. Any other ideas as to how to go about creating address lists based on group membership of users? Hmmh, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up in yours but you could also create a custom ldap filter to do the same thing. In this example that I created for someone else, we return a list of all users, groups, public, folders, contacts that do not have a mailnickname beginning with dallas. See article 255602 for more on ldap ...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

Mailboxes that are not AD users
Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD user? Thanks The general answer is no but what wouls you like to do in the first place? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only "Ron" <ron@nospam.com> wrote in message news:137a001c443d4$5c29af60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD ...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

Default Style
G'day All I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following problem. I would like to have a customised default style for the 'comma', 'percentage', and 'currency' for every workbook (new and existing). I have created the styles I'm after under the 'Format- Styles' menu. Also, I have looked up the "Save Styles to use in new workbooks" in the HELP function and did everything it said. However, when I open up a new workbook, my styles are not there. What is there are the original style settings with each style duplicated. Eg ...

Is there a way to set default font in all child controls?
Hello The SDI application with splitter window - two views inside. Each view has a number of child controls created dynamically. Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a standard (ugly) font. I know I can obtain default GUI font and assign it to each control but I don't want to do it manually each time I create a control. Is there a way to force each child control to obtain font from its parent (without subclussing of course). si >Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a >standard (ugly) font. >I know I can obt...

multiple mail accounts/default and others
I have two mail accounts set up in my OL98/WinXP. I receive mail from both accounts but normally only send mail from my primary account which is also set as my default. But occassionally I will get mail on the secondary account (which is primarily an incoming mail only) that I want to reply to. But I find that when I reply to that incoming mail and then send/receive using that secondary (non-defualt) account the mail is not sent and remains in my outbox. But I've also tried to forward that message (rather than reply) and insert the reply to address in the to: field and use my primary (defa...

how to send a e-mail with a annex automaticly
dear all, how to send a e-mail automaticlly, and the e-mail is just like the following: 1. the e-mail be with a annex. which is done from the other systerm, the annex is PDF 2. different e-mail has different subject. 3. every e-mail has a normal main body. please help to answer above question. thank you and best regards. yini For creating an email see the CreateItem function. You can set its Subject property, add recipients to its Recipients collection, and add attachments to its Attachments collection. You can find each mentioned property in the VBA help file with...

set up a continuing roster?
how do i set up a continuing roster in excel, with names, months, dates? You'll have to be a little more specific as to what you want -- neopolita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=61 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39329 Hi Are you talking a duty roster here? If so, what type of shifts? How many shifts per person per week/month? What hours are to be worked? Is it a class roster? How many periods per day? What dura...

How to list permissions for all users ?
Hello, I am wondering how to list each permission on a mailbox with Exchange 5.5, such as user1 can access user2's calendar and this kind of stuff. Is there a tool (ms or not) to list those rights or do I have to review each user manually ? Thank you very much for your answer For folder permission reporting, the easiest tool that we have found is Symprex Folder Permissions Manager http://www.symprex.com/products/fpm/. It is affordable, and provides an easy way to view, report on, and manage permissions. What it does not do (that I'm still looking for) is generate a report of ...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Users of Apple Mail getting meeting requests as web links.
Apple Mail users of my Exchange server get invites as web links to the Exchange Web Access interface instead of .ics files. Can anyone point me to what setting I need to change in Exchange to make them be .ics files again? --Sterling Anderson ...