How do I send to myself at an alternate email address?

I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email addresses -
one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook will
not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem
sending internally thru the LAN.
0
DeeJay (7)

Do you get any errors?  If yes, please post the exact error message.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, DeeJay asked:

| I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email
| addresses - one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different
| provider. Outlook will not let me send to myself from one to the
| other. I seem to have no problem sending internally thru the LAN.

0
Milly
6/14/2009 6:15:20 PM
what error do you get? I have no problem sending mail between most of my
addresses. one address is blocked due to an antispam filter.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email
> addresses -
> one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook
> will
> not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem
> sending internally thru the LAN.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/14/2009 7:20:51 PM
DeeJay wrote (on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 06:06:01 -0700):

> I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email addresses -
> one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook will
> not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem
> sending internally thru the LAN.

So how do you know that your office allows external connects to their
mail server?
0
V4521 (722)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Sending Email #6

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...

send on behalf #6
Hi, We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users and computers" won't let me do this. I can only see users. No groups. Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest. I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name. Could it be a GC problem? Am I missing something? Thanks On 19 May 2006 06:43:07 -0700, dany_langlois@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on >behalf" permiss...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

How Do I Create A Personal Address Book In Outlook 2002
Hi: I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go about creating a personal address book. Thanks in advance. Lisa wrote: > Hi: > > I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go > about creating a personal address book. > > Thanks in advance. You have a contacts folder ...that's what you should use. "Personal Address Book" means .pab file - it's an old legacy thing, not what you want or need. Enter all your contacts/addresses in your Contacts folder. If it isn't showing up as an address book when you click the TO bu...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...