How do I search for a telephone number in Contacts

How do I search for a telephone number in a sub-folder of Contacts? When I
try a search for a number, that I know is there, it comes up blank.

Regards,

Peter Ledden

stop adding a contact when emailing or replying
I am using Office Outlook 2007 and I don't want the person I am emailing to be added in my contacts in my address book. Looking for step by step please. "Marine 1stSgt" <Marine1stSgt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A561EE5-A1E2-4E02-8074-5D77AD4370EA@microsoft.com... > I am using Office Outlook 2007 and I don't want the person I am emailing > to > be added in my contacts in my address book. Looking for step by step > please. > Outlook doesn't do this unless you have a third-party add-in. Maybe you are thinki...

Inventory Items and Serial Numbers
I am trying to create a new inventory item that I want to track serial numbers for but the 'track' option is disabled.... What did I miss? Is Inventory registered? I think that if you don't have IV registered then you can create items but functionality past that is probably disabled. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "GPS Consultant" <gpsconsultant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90BFC957-58F3-4E11-9D8A-615BA3311012@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a n...

Search by Case ID or Order Number
Hi all, Seasons greetings. We use CRM Case ID as Job/Order number in our accounting system. When supplier has any queries regarding specific (accounting system) order number, we can't go to Case or Order view and use the search field at the top there. I managed to find the CRM Case or Order using Advanced Find. But it takes time. Does CRM have or intend to add search by Case or Order id, so we can find them quickly just like locating Accounts or Contacts? Thanks. Tony you can try to use a Saved View "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Increase number in table by 1
Is it possible to add a record into the middle of a table and have a column with numbers that automatically increase by one after the new entry. For example: Test1 1 Test2 2 Test5 3 Test3 3 increase by 1 Test4 4 increase by 1 Thanks! Technically no for a few reasons. 1. There isn't a 'middle' of a table. If you add records in a certain order in a table, there's now guarentee that the next time that you open a table that the records will be in the same order. 2. Access doesn't have table triggers or any other way to incremen...

report -> price history source & 3-decimal numbers
installed money 2003 standard this last april2003. got all investments setup in price history report with [date] as [year-to-date]. rows/columns set with source fields picked. a black dot shows up at each buy date EXCEPT buy dates AFTER the original money install date. what is happening here?.....how to get dots to appear after install date.? transactions activity are listed as [add shares] on 1/2/2003 and [buy] on monthly buy dates. also on the [home] page the share prices in best/worst performers & summary lists are shown in 3-decimal places. how to change these to 2-d...

copy reference number
I have created a large spreadsheet Some 30000 Items I wsh to add a field for MYREference number at the end of each line for example badtimes1 then I would like to be able to automatically copy badtimes1 all the way down to badtimes3000o with a copy/Formula I am not ure how how to do this Any help would be most appreciated Assume text runs in A1 down place in B1: =TRIM(A1)&TEXT(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1),"000") Copy down as far as required -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "eventhebadtimesaregood" wrote: > I have created a large...

How do I bind a minus sign to a number to remain on same line?
I want to bind a minus sign to a number so that the entire construct remains on the same line and not split between two lines (e.g., -21% on same line versus - on one line and 21% on next line). Thanks, Drew Baughman You use a Non-Breaking-Hyphen. Press Ctrl+Shft+Hyphen to create. Hope this helps DeanH "baugd" wrote: > I want to bind a minus sign to a number so that the entire construct remains > on the same line and not split between two lines (e.g., -21% on same line > versus - on one line and 21% on next line). > > Thanks, > Drew Baugh...

separate data and change text to number
Here's my problem. Column A named Store, Column B Job. Some of the cells in column A have two stores. I need to separate the stores and put them all in one column underneath each other. The column needs to be formated as number. Store Job Store Job 378 & 349 Sign Package 370 & 383 Sign Package 362 & 368 Sign Package 357 & 367 Sign Package 352 & 359 Arrow Refresh& sign Package 352 & 359 Arrow Refresh& sign Package 8528 sign package 8519 Arrow Refresh& sign package 8472 sign package 8446 sign package 8439 sign package 8437 sign packa...

import contacts and emails
how do i import all my emails and contacts from incredimail to windows mail to make this my default client also incredimail has this feature that when you create new mail and put in a leter in the to bar it automaticly put up surgestions of who to send this email too, dose windows mail have this feature. thanks in advance. This may help.... http://email.about.com/od/incredimailtips/qt/How_to_Export_Mail_from_IncrediMail_to_Another_Email_Program.htm http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail/help_center/help_article.aspx?article_id=99&lang_id=9 http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/t...

Search function (text or numerical)
Hi all Just trying to figure out how to implement a search function, as follows... sheet1 contains all the data to be searched; example: one cell in this sheet contains "BMS-1865-1701-CZ05" How can I search for this data, based on partial search criteria ? for example my criteria would be : "1701-CZ" I really need to use excel on this one... Thnx! -- marciac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ marciac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Outlook Mail does not see Outlook Contacts
Just upgraded to 2003. Using my old XP .pst file and now Outlook does not recognize any of my contacts when I write email. All the contacts are there in the contacts tab, but there seems to be a "disconnect" between contacts and mail. Please help....s. Right-click on your contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box...does that help? SL wrote: > Just upgraded to 2003. Using my old XP .pst file and now Outlook does > not recognize any of my contacts when I write email. All the contacts > are there in the contacts tab, but there seems to be a &qu...

Include project number in transaction data that posts to G/L.
This would allow detailed schedules & reports of account balances. We have spent a lot of money to have reports created so we can see how much unbilled A/R we have per project. Same for deferred revenue, revenue, invoiced, etc. And because we use multiple ways of booking revenue (T&M, Fixed Fee, etc.), none of the reports are completely reliable. If every item that was posted to the G/L associated with a project carried that project number to the G/L, creating reports we need would be much, much easier, and make reconciling to the G/L an easier process. From our standpoint,...

page numbers not showing
I have a twenty page paper with a border. Upon printing, the page numbers are being cut off as is the bottom and top borders. Also pages that have the top/first line as bold, the top of the letters are being cut off. I have adjusted page setup and print setup but then have viewed print preview and that shows the same problem with cutoffs on top and bottom of the page. Any suggestions? -- Frankly Speaking Frankly Speaking wrote: > I have a twenty page paper with a border. Upon printing, the page > numbers are being cut off as is the bottom and top borders. Also > pages that have...

Search and replace multiple values
All; Need to do a search and replace on multiple values: 06 - Phase VI would be replaced by O, 08 - Won would be replaced by W, 09 - Lost would be replaced by L, 10 - Cancelled by Gov't would be replaced by C I've looked for formulas, but what I've turned up is multiple values to one value e.g. $ or - to blank. Any help would be appreciated! Well, the easiest way would be: Ctrl+F > Replace > Find what (type in your criteria) > Replace with (type in your criteria) > Replace All. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by c...

Trying to transfer "Shared contacts" in Address Book
In my address book within Outlook Express I have "shared contacts" and "main identity's contacts"- (windows XP). I am trying to get my contacts over to my new computer with the Vista OS. I have been able to get my "main identity's contacts" over but am unable to find the file or capture the contacts within my "shared contacts". Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks "Duane Lee" <duanelee@att.net> wrote in message news:uLHDc9DaIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > In my address book within Outlook Express This ...

deleting page numbers
I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a page as well as in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of the center bottom page numbers? Double-click in the footer area at the bottom of the page to activate it. Click on the page number to select it, and press Delete. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. johmont wrote: > I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a > page as well as i...

Counting groups of exact case numbers w/letters in them.
I need to know how I can write a formula to count a very big list of numbers and return the total number of numbers that are different in the list. For example: CAH8800719 CAH8800718 CAH8800718 CAH8800717 FJG8800719 FJG8800715 CAH8800719 FJG8800715 As you can see there are 8 case numbers in this list but of those 8 there are only 5 different case numbers. So if I had a list of several hundred or thousand case numbers like the ones above, and many of them had duplicates somewhere in the list, how can I get excel to give me a total number of all the similar case numbers? I can use the ...

Median of column I if column A numbers match
I'm using the 2007 version of Excel. I have a worksheet with 13,000 lines of data. Column A is titled ITEM and column I is titled PRICE. I need to find the Median number of column I when the numbers in column A are the same. I have 2000 unique ITEM numbers. When the ITEM number in several rows match, I need a formula to find the Median value of the PRICE. So if A2, A3, A4 ... A20, and A21 all have the same ITEM number, then I need the formula to find the Median number of I2, I3, I4 ... I20, and I21. I've messed around with IF functions and can't seem to get...

convert number to a set multiple of that number
Is there any way that I can type in a number into a cell and have a formula multiply that number by .397 and have the result show up in the same cell? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Only by using VBA, you could get the same effect by putting 0.397 in a cell, copy it, select the cell with the number and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "CB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF48282-6C59-480E-BBB2-938E9C799802@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that I can type in a number into a cell and have a formu...

Notes Appears as second line in Contacts Grid
Using Outlook 2007, the Contacts Grid is displaying the notes field as both a column in the Grid and as a second line under each entry. The Notes entry on the second line ends with an <end> tag. I need to remove this second line from the Main Grid. How can this be done? you are using autopreview - disable it on the view menu -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook new...

Excel filter no longer calculates the number of matches
I have applied filters to an excel spreadsheet. When I select a value from the filter drop down it used to display the count or total number of records inthe filtered list in the botton right hand corner. Now, for some reason it still filters but it DOESNT display the count of records, instead it displays Filter Mode. This has happened for years but only now have I decided to ask why! Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong! Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count She has a couple of workarounds. SReed wrote: > &g...

contact list #7
Sorry if you read this post twice but I can't see it anywhere so if anyone can email the answer I'd be much obliged. How do I Import the contacts I have on CD -RW . IE with what commands do I use . TIA PWB <mbt_510464@hotmail.com> wrote: > Sorry if you read this post twice but I can't see it anywhere so if > anyone can email the answer I'd be much obliged. How do I Import the > contacts I have on CD -RW . IE with what commands do I use . TIA Copy the PST file to your hard drive, remove the Read-Only attribute, and use File>Open within Outlook to open the ...

Determining the highest number in a row
-- ** Fool on the hill ** =MAX(1:1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Jaydubs" <Jaydubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B4DCD68-FCE0-4D3B-B261-DED440EEFB7D@microsoft.com... > > -- > ** Fool on the hill ** That is not what I am looking for, sorry. Unfortunately it makes the entire line green if I use this instead of the one entry in the line that is the highest in that row. -- ** Fool on the hill ** "Niek Otten" wrote: > =MAX(1:1) > > -- > Kind regards, > > Niek Otten > > "Jaydubs" <Jayd...

Requesting a real search engine for PartnerSource
Hi, Could we have a real search engine for PartnerSource? You know, like the ones with the "Advanced" button and real boolean operators? Getting 200 returns for "printer compatibility" just doesn't cut it. Regards, Bret ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Spliting a number with leading zeros
Hi, im new to this forum so hello. Ive been searching around the net for a solution but of yet have no found one, so hoping that sombody will be able to give me a hand. (i making a binary to decimal converter for my work at college, i no ho to do the actual code to convert it im just trying to make it neat) Im trying to split a number with leading zeros. Im using the mi function to split out the number but for some reson it wont see th leading zeros ie spliting 00011110 im using =MID(b4,2,1) which should bring up 0 but its counting th characters from the first 1. ive sort of found a temor...