How do I save to Microsoft Word Document format?

There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them.

The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I
can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format,
including the attachments.

The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the
email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or
Text.  There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format.
I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word.
I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for
Microsoft Word.
There was also a drop-down box where I selected Rich Text format, rather
than html or text.

I closed and reopened Outlook, but the user still cannot 'save as' to Word
format.

What else do I need to change so he can save his emails to Microsoft Word
Document format?  (They will be stored in a folder accessible to several
people)

Thanks,
Mich

0
mskabialka (118)

Incoming or sent messages?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them.
>
> The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I
> can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format,
> including the attachments.
>
> The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the
> email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or
> Text.  There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format.
> I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word.
> I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for
> Microsoft Word.
> There was also a drop-down box where I selected Rich Text format, rather
> than html or text.
>
> I closed and reopened Outlook, but the user still cannot 'save as' to Word
> format.
>
> What else do I need to change so he can save his emails to Microsoft Word
> Document format?  (They will be stored in a folder accessible to several
> people)
>
> Thanks,
> Mich

0
suemvp (4038)
7/30/2004 6:37:31 PM
Incoming is what I am interested in.

I checked a lot of my emails - if I look at everything from one person, some
can be saved as Word, some not.  If there is forwarded email from other
systems I am more likely to not be able to save it in Word, but can
sometimes.

Then I looked at the same emails in Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000, and found
that some emails I can save in Word in Outlook 98, I can't in 2000, and vice
versa!

There doesn't seem to be any consistency.

I am quite confused here - we need to save these all in Word, including the
attachments.

Mich

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Incoming or sent messages?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> > There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them.
> >
> > The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and
> > can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format,
> > including the attachments.
> >
> > The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the
> > email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or
> > Text.  There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format.
> > I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word.
> > I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for
> > Microsoft Word.
> > There was also a drop-down box where I selected Rich Text format, rather
> > than html or text.
> >
> > I closed and reopened Outlook, but the user still cannot 'save as' to
Word
> > format.
> >
> > What else do I need to change so he can save his emails to Microsoft
Word
> > Document format?  (They will be stored in a folder accessible to several
> > people)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mich

0
mskabialka (118)
7/30/2004 8:03:23 PM
See if you have an option in Tools | Options | Mail format to read incoming
messages with WordMail. That should help.

Also, all three normal formats for saving messages as documents are readable
by Word -- txt, rtf, and htm.

--

> Incoming is what I am interested in.
>
> I checked a lot of my emails - if I look at everything from one person,
some
> can be saved as Word, some not.  If there is forwarded email from other
> systems I am more likely to not be able to save it in Word, but can
> sometimes.
>
> Then I looked at the same emails in Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000, and found
> that some emails I can save in Word in Outlook 98, I can't in 2000, and
vice
> versa!
>
> There doesn't seem to be any consistency.
>
> I am quite confused here - we need to save these all in Word, including
the
> attachments.
>
> Mich
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> > Incoming or sent messages?
> >
> > --
> > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> > Author of
> >      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> >      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> >      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
> >

> > "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> > > There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on
them.

> > > The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor,
and
> > > can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format,
> > > including the attachments.
> > >
> > > The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as
the
> > > email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text,
or
> > > Text.  There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format.
> > > I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word.
> > > I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box
for
> > > Microsoft Word.
> > > There was also a drop-down box where I selected Rich Text format,
rather
> > > than html or text.
> > >
> > > I closed and reopened Outlook, but the user still cannot 'save as' to
> Word
> > > format.
> > >
> > > What else do I need to change so he can save his emails to Microsoft
> Word
> > > Document format?  (They will be stored in a folder accessible to
several
> > > people)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mich

0
suemvp (4038)
7/30/2004 8:51:54 PM
M Skabialka <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote:

> There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on
> them.
>
> The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor,
> and I can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document
> format, including the attachments.

If you're going to save messages externally, why not save them in a format a
_mail_ program can read them?  Just drag your message out of Outlook and
drop it in a folder of your choosing.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Merge to word???
Hi, I have a contract database that allow me to query data from the database and merge it to word file. The code below seem to work OK except that It does export the whole contract information to excel first and then doing the merge. Is there a way to only limite the export to just one record (preferable a select record by contract number) to excel before doing the merge? Private Sub Command26_Click() Dim Stg As String Dim strDocName As String Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim docWord As Word.Document Dim strFilePath As String DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "rptCo...

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

If I buy and reinstall the download of office 2008 Stu.Teach from this website will i lose all my papers and documents and ppts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have time to look for it. I am livid but now is not the time to deal with it. I have a deadline of tonight for a major assignment and need to know that what I have already wont be lost when i purchase and download microsoft office from this website. Please anyone help me, a fast response is needed and appreciated. gbachman@officeformac.com wrote: > I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have > time to look for it. I am livid but ...

Save As #6
After opening excel, try to do a "save as" and it always want to go back and save in XLSTART directory, rather than where all the excel work is saved. Please tell me what I have to tell Excel to only pull from XLSTART at the beginning but save as where it says in the options section. Maybe I'm not following but when you do a Save As Excel always defaults to the path the workbook was opened from. The Default File Location sets the current path when Excel starts but the current path follows each Open or Save As. -- Jim "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.co...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Opening Word Attachment
Weird problem here...All office programs seem to function well just have some minor issues opening files. Example: In Outlook, trying to open a Word attachment, if I open the message and then try to open the attachment from there, it says "cannot find the file specified", but if I have word open already, then do the same exact thing, it opens. I have this problem also with Explorer. I can browse my hard drive and network and find anything, but cannot open it directly from Explorer. I have to open the application that I am using and then open the file through the Open Fi...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

como colocar a folha deitada no word?
por exemplo eu quero fazer uma convocatória e em vez de escrever com a folha A4 em pe queria escrever com a folha A4 deitada. See news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pt.word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "daniel" <daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E63583-3D5A-4C0C-8201-80C9BC969268@microsoft.com... > por exemplo eu quero fazer uma convocatória e em vez de escrever com a > folha > A4 em pe queria escrever com a folha A4 deitada. Na...

Tax details on Order/Invoice document printout
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how to show the all the Tax detail IDs from the Tax Summary entry screen on the SOP documents report, i.e. SOP Short Order form? Your help would be much appreciated. Teddy Unfortunately I don't see a good way to do this. For this, you have a 1-m releationship between the sop document and the details. GP only allows you to have only one 1-m relationships on a report and you already have this: the line items. So I guess you could remove the line items of the report but that probably isn't what you were shooting for. About the only other thing I can ...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

formatting is incorrect when viewing in different zoom except for 75%
Here's a strange one for you guys... I'm using Office XP and currently working on a couple of excel spreadsheets. When I have the zoom set to 75% everything looks correct, exactly like the print out. However if I change my zoom to anything else besides 75% some of the text goes over to the next column. It's pretty irrarting sometimes becuase if I have it set to 100% I'd usually spend time playing with the column width to get everything to fit and in acctuality I don't have to becuase it looks correct when printed out and when in 75% zoom. Any ideas? This sounds like a ...

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Can I open an imbedded word doc from a cmd button?
I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? Many thanks, Joe M. On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:24:10 -0800, Joe M. wrote: > I would like to imbed a word doc in my db (in a form?) and open it with a cmd > button (like a help document). Is this possible and if it is how is this done? > > Many thanks, > Joe M. Why do you need to embed a document in your database? Store the document in a folder on your hard drive. Then open it from a command button whenever ...

Problem with Conditional format deletion
I have the followint formula in a conditional format. =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address"))) I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in yellow. I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste data about the spreadsheet. I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the active cell highlighted. Hi if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <mark@southwestconst.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

Format Zip Code Bug
Using the latest version of Excel, 2003. If you have a column of zip codes, some 5 digit and some 9 digit, and format them as 9 digit zip codes the formatting tool is not smart enough to leave the 5 digit zip codes alone. Instead it insert 4 leading 0's. Probably not how it should work. Maybe you could use a custom format to cover both 5 digits and 9 digit zips: [>99999]00000-0000;00000 Al Franz wrote: > > Using the latest version of Excel, 2003. If you have a column of zip codes, > some 5 digit and some 9 digit, and format them as 9 digit zip codes the > form...

What kind of savings instrument is this?
Forgive me: this is not really an Excel question. But I know there are a lot of savvy financial people lurking in these newsgroups. I hope one of you will be kind enough to respond. Someone described the following savings alternative offered by a bank. I cannot find any information on their web site. Can someone tell me what kind of a savings instrument this is ...? You contribute a fixed amount each month over a finite period (e.g, 5 years) for a fixed APR. You pay a penalty for early withdrawal. I am not sure about any other details about the plan. In fact, that is what I am looking...

Urgent! How to prevent Saving with VBA Visio?
Hi there, I am working on a small application in VBA Visio and i want to know i there's any way to prevent saving the document, as it exists in VB Word? As for example: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Or something like that? with visio, the routine "BeforeDocumentSave" does not have the argumen "Cancel". Is there any one who can help me? Thanks a lot in advance! : -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.i...

How can you see the name of the person who has a shared document .
I deal with a lot of group folders and spreadsheets. If I try to open up a spreadsheet that is already openend by someone, a pop-up tells me that "abc123.xls is locked for editing by "xxx"." How can I get the person's name to show up instead of it being blank? Thank-you, Megan mac981, The name is the name the software is registered under (during installation). if that's not provided (left blank) during the installation, it'll show up blank. It's not too easy to change it.. you'll have to do that thru the registry. "missmac981" ...

Conditional formatting dates 05-05-10
I have a range of dates that I want to conditionally format. Eg, todays date is the 5 May 2010. I want to highlight all of the dates in the range D14 to D120 that todays date passes on a daily basis. For eg, as we click over automatically to the 6 May 2010, any fixed dates in the range for the 5 May 2010 turn red. Any help would be great. Select your dates and use Custom in CF and the formula =D4=TODAY()-1 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E87D631B-E455-4698-92A1-BE915192ECDF@microsoft.co...